HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: San Antonio (FLA) at Milwaukee (7pm CST)

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2004, 10:01 AM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
GDT: San Antonio (FLA) at Milwaukee (7pm CST)

The Admirals, who still haven't lost in regulation, play host to the San Antonio Rampage (4-4-1-0) tonight.

Old
11-01-2004, 10:09 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
we will win, oh yes we will

Old
11-01-2004, 11:04 AM
Pred303

i think it's funny the confusion caused by the shootout in the media and the stat sites about how team records are displayed since there are no ties....for example the ads are listed as 5-0-1-0....while Utah is now 0-6-0-1....makes no sense to me that the "normal" OT loss is in a seperate column than the new "shootout" OT loss....they both count one point for the losing team(now if you didn't get a point for one you might could understand splitting the two)...

now of course i guess this is because the rule changes will be reviewed at the 7 week mark of their season to see if they keep them in...but even if they decided to end the shootout you know they won't go in and take a win away from a team that 'won' a game on the OT shootout,so seperating them out is meaningless except for a stat junkie....looks like it would just be 5-0-1(with the 1 being an OT loss of any type)

Old
11-01-2004, 11:09 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
i think it's funny the confusion caused by the shootout in the media and the stat sites about how team records are displayed since there are no ties....for example the ads are listed as 5-0-1-0....while Utah is now 0-6-0-1....makes no sense to me that the "normal" OT loss is in a seperate column than the new "shootout" OT loss....they both count one point for the losing team(now if you didn't get a point for one you might could understand splitting the two)...

now of course i guess this is because the rule changes will be reviewed at the 7 week mark of their season to see if they keep them in...but even if they decided to end the shootout you know they won't go in and take a win away from a team that 'won' a game on the OT shootout,so seperating them out is meaningless except for a stat junkie....looks like it would just be 5-0-1(with the 1 being an OT loss of any type)

i'm pretty sure I know the answer to this... but goals scored in shootouts don't count towards a team's or player's total for the seaon, correct?

Old
11-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Pred303

that's true crossxceck they don't count toward individual totals...maybe the way it's being displayed has something to do with tiebreakers at year end some which way...but i cann't imagine how that would be a tiebreaker

Old
11-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Pred303

lines tonight..

pivko-smith-shishkanov
segal-hrkac-upshall
brown-fiddler-gamache
yablonski-smithson-severson

hamhuis-hutchinson
tiley-klein
matteuci-zanon

finley in net

haydar(i),tootoo(i),suter(i) all scratches

guess haydar was hurt the other night...ads already have survived a 50 second 5 on 3

1-0 ads late in the first,gamache on the pp from tiley,segal

Last edited by Pred303: 11-01-2004 at 07:36 PM.
Old
11-01-2004, 07:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Gamache scores, set up by Klein and Tiley.

1-0

Old
11-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Gamache scores, set up by Klein and Tiley.

1-0
Milwaukee - Simon Gamache (powerplay) (Brandon Segal, Brad Tiley) 15:42 ... eh?

Old
11-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
guess haydar was hurt the other night
No, Haydar has been suspended for 3 games because a STUPID REF thought Haydar shot a puck at him and was trying to hit him.

Old
11-01-2004, 08:50 PM
handtrick

Anybody's sportjuice feed working tonite?

Old
11-01-2004, 09:00 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Anybody's sportjuice feed working tonite?

as well as ever.

that is, not very well at all. "hi-uh-rih-ruh-ores!"

Old
11-01-2004, 09:04 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
They must think you only need half of the words.

Old
11-01-2004, 09:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
They must think you only need half of the words.
it is easily one of the most frustrating things ever, trying to listen to this damn thing.

also, weiss scored on a big defensive breakdown to tie the game late in the third.

1-1

Old
11-01-2004, 09:20 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
it is easily one of the most frustrating things ever, trying to listen to this damn thing.

also, weiss scored on a big defensive breakdown to tie the game late in the third.

1-1
Yet another game where the Ads absolutely dominate the game SOG wise and still manage to make it close. Do we just make other goalies better?

Old
11-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Crossbar

I first started listening to the Sportjuice feed because the Rampage site gave the wrong announced radio, and I had the same problems you guys are having. Try this link: http://www.ksjl.com/main.html (click Listen live) Its the Rampage feed but at least it won't be choppy like the Admirals feed.

Old
11-01-2004, 09:25 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Gamache scores on the breakaway, 2-1.

I'll eat my hat if this kid doesn't get a look, if\when we get a season. He seems like the answer to most of our problems.

Old
11-01-2004, 09:34 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Gamache scores on the breakaway, 2-1.

I'll eat my hat if this kid doesn't get a look, if\when we get a season. He seems like the answer to most of our problems.
Yeah, size holds him back, but he's overcome skating issues and he's certainly been tough and durable enough.

Old
11-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Pred303

the more you see of this admiral team..the more it makes you realize we have some big personnel decisions to make on the pred roster when this thing gets going...

shishkanov,upshall,pivko,gamache are all going to be pushing for 2 or 3 of the 3rd and even 2nd line upfront positions....and the time is going to come quick

smithson or smith or fiddler will be our 4th line center...i'm guessing either smith or smithson....it's even possible that smith could center a scoring line,if things don't work out otherwise(i.e. arkhipov,or an acquisition)

really starting to show that orszagh,arkhipov are becoming more expendable daily....and that adam hall is going to get pushed at a wing position...(or of course one or two of the prospects could be dealt)....walks and sully aren't young guys of course...and we have to think these are their successors

wouldn't be surprised at all to see one or several of those expendable to be packaged in a deal to fix our weakest areas(in fact,i'll be surprised if it doesn't happen)....which of course would be a center or two,possibly one more large veteran dman,and possibly a more experienced backup goalie even(not saying we have to have those,just that if you had to rank order current strengths/weaknesses they would be near the top of our list in comparison)

this is exciting to think of the possibilities that are coming up here for us thanks to this group

Old
11-01-2004, 11:05 PM
SmokeyClause

Good points Pred303. Milwaukee is absolutely loaded with talent and some big time decisions are going to have to be made. I'm excited to see what Poile and Shero are going to do. I'm also excited to see what the future has in store for Claude Noel. He's my type of coach (fast paced, aggressive) and I'd love to see him behind the Preds bench if Trotz doens't work out.

Old
11-01-2004, 11:18 PM
Eriks

Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Tonights game was really two games in one. The Admirals pretty much dominated the first 50 minutes, and then sorta lost a little focus late. But other than a defensive breakdown where nobody remembered to cover the slot, this should have been over in regulation as a shutout for Finley.

For those who watch the stats online for your game info, don't let the shots on goal fool you. This game wasn't quite as lopsided as it looked. The Rampage played a solid game even when being dominated. They skated well, and Travis Scott played a good enough game to win.

However, as much as we fired more rubber at Mr Scott than most roadkill sees on the QEW, most of our shots were not of the "quality scoring chance" variety. Without Haydar out there, Gamache saw a lot more attention physically, but he responded with a stellar game. Though, it could have been even better had his stick not had some issues in the third where the puck didn't seem to want to stick to it.

As usual this season, much of the pressure came from the PSS Line. Shishkanov was everywhere. He is really taking advantage of the lockout to put on an extended tryout for the big club. He's hitting, he's backchecking, and aggressively forechecking. He's almost always the first one to the net, and twice nearly took the puck off of Scott's stick to create scoring chances.

Klein, in my opinion didn't have as a good a game as his previous starts, but thats likely not fair to him, as he has played so well, that I perhaps expect too much from him. He reminds me of a younger Eaton, just without the shot. This season being paired with Brad Tiley will make him a stronger defenseman.

Brown was relatively invisible tonight, trying to be a scorer rather than a grinder, and by nights end was replaced with Segal, who did a fair bit of double-shifting.

Upshall and Hrkac showed the first signs of life this weekend, coming off of a strong game saturday, they both played well today. They somehow missed on a beautiful chance in the third where Hrkac missed the goal barely, and Upshall tried to redirect it into the net, but instead of going down and in, it went up and over off the deflection. The look on Scottie's face was classic, as he seemed to be wondering if his stick was cracked.

A few shifts later, Hrkac put one into Scott's chest and it skied up into the night, very reminiscent of the OT game winner in the playoffs last season where Hrkac swatted it out of the air to score over Lehtonen. San Antonio must have seen that clip, because when Upshall was poised to do the same, they tackled him.

With Haydar in street clothes, Greg Zanon had the "A.

The game winner was one of those of which there was little doubt. I knew when Gamache took off that it was over. The puck bounced wildly off the boards, and the race was on. Gamache had the angle, and the speed, and picked up the puck in stride. Once in close, he faked the backhand, and shot it on straight. My cassette broke, but the essential quote was "I was going to go to the move, but then he gave me the five hole, so I took it."

Old
11-01-2004, 11:25 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Ads/Rampage

Gamache had issues with his stick earlier in the game, so it wasn't just late - it just was more noticeable.

I personally believe Finner just wasn't seeing too much action, and it caught up to him with that one goal. It's easy to keep your mind on the game when you're getting as much rubber thrown at you as Scott was. It's not a sign of a bad goalie, it's a combination of things.

This was one of those "pass the Rogaine" nights, because they were making you tear your hair out.

Seeing three of our good young players in street clothes, however, was frustrating.

I won't comment about the Haydar situation, because this is a family board.

Old
11-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Eriks

Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
The Gamache Show...

Goal #1

OOO... lookie what I found...

Hey, is that your five hole showing?

I'm taking you down

Old
11-02-2004, 06:25 AM
Pred303

thanks eriks....

couple of other observations from last night's game;

MIL first pp unit was shishkanov-hrkac-upshall-hutchinson-hamhuis

but the second unit,the one that scored the first goal was the four forward,one dman type setup.....gamache-segal-smith-pivko with tiley at one point

the play/breakdown to the goal that tied it sounded like a disaster with the dmen...sounded like two straight guys left alone in the crease,with an awful turnover in between the two...notice that hamhuis-klein were on ice for that one....what happened eriks?

Old
11-02-2004, 07:45 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
that yablonski-smithson-severson line sounds like one I would not want to tangle with. wow!

anyway, I am going to have to agree about gamache. If he doesn't get a serious look, then something is wrong there. I've loved the guy's enthusiasm and skill set since the first time I saw him on-ice.

I'd still be a little leary to move TOO many of our "expendable" guys just yet simply based on how I don't think we need to load the preds up with too many green horns. I'm not syaing that's what you guys are suggesting, just a comment. I know this is no news flash, but my dad went to the seaoson ticket holder "camp" and said they made several hints towards trying to acquire a 1st/2nd line center.

Last edited by crossxcheck: 11-02-2004 at 07:48 AM.
Old
11-02-2004, 08:24 AM
Pred303

the great thing about really big deals,is you just cann't see them coming or who they will involve...when you look at our situation,it really makes you realize that a deal could happen that could package multiple players,some of whom we wouldn't even think about when we consider who is expendable,in order to improve a weakness...we're probably at a point/time where very few individuals from last's years roster are 'untouchable' if the right deal came along and with the talent we have coming up...for example we all assume that johnson/leggy are probably untouchable because we are so thin at center to begin with....but say a deal for a potential 1st line center presented itself for johnson and orszagh...and poile feels that smith/smithson might well cut it at 3rd/4th line center.....then boom....not saying i want any of this to happen,just that it could of course....

many considerations here about these prospects too....the amazing thing is that virtually all of our top prospects are natural LW'ers..Shishkanov,Pivko,Gamche,Upshall...now maybe some of them can make the transition to either RW or C,but who knows maybe not...and us already sitting here with two of our better young players as LWers,Hartnell and Erat....makes it entirely possible of course that one/two of this group of prospects/players could be moved if the right opportunity presented itself

contracts,age,attititude,size,need,depth...just so many factors involved in trades...and we all for some reason get too attached to the regular guy who scores 15 odd goals a year,and oftentimes tend to attach too much importance to what he really brings to the team....makes contemplating deals fun though

Closed Thread