HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: San Antonio (FLA) at Milwaukee (7pm CST)

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2004, 08:31 AM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
the great thing about really big deals,is you just cann't see them coming or who they will involve...when you look at our situation,it really makes you realize that a deal could happen that could package multiple players,some of whom we wouldn't even think about when we consider who is expendable,in order to improve a weakness...we're probably at a point/time where very few individuals from last's years roster are 'untouchable' if the right deal came along and with the talent we have coming up...for example we all assume that johnson/leggy are probably untouchable because we are so thin at center to begin with....but say a deal for a potential 1st line center presented itself for johnson and orszagh...and poile feels that smith/smithson might well cut it at 3rd/4th line center.....then boom....not saying i want any of this to happen,just that it could of course....

many considerations here about these prospects too....the amazing thing is that virtually all of our top prospects are natural LW'ers..Shishkanov,Pivko,Gamche,Upshall...now maybe some of them can make the transition to either RW or C,but who knows maybe not...and us already sitting here with two of our better young players as LWers,Hartnell and Erat....makes it entirely possible of course that one/two of this group of prospects/players could be moved if the right opportunity presented itself

contracts,age,attititude,size,need,depth...just so many factors involved in trades...and we all for some reason get too attached to the regular guy who scores 15 odd goals a year,and oftentimes tend to attach too much importance to what he really brings to the team....makes contemplating deals fun though

I'd not be surprise at all to see a prospect d-man moved. Especially hutchinson. heck, I get a weird feeling that we might trade upshall if we got a reasonable return. nor would I be terribly surprised to see zidlicky or timonen moved if the right situation presented itself. But you're right, sometimes trades (especially big ones) come unexpected. I know the blackhawks fan thought sully was untouchable and look what happened! My comment was meant to say that I wouldn't like the thought of moving too many of our regulars and replacing them with rookies. I doubt that would happen, though.

Old
11-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Pred303

oh yeah i know that's what you meant,and i agree we don't want,nor would i think in my wildest dreams that management would want too many new kids trying to find themselves at the same time...was just thinking aloud about trade stuff in general

Old
11-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Eriks

Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Quote:
thanks eriks....

couple of other observations from last night's game;

MIL first pp unit was shishkanov-hrkac-upshall-hutchinson-hamhuis

but the second unit,the one that scored the first goal was the four forward,one dman type setup.....gamache-segal-smith-pivko with tiley at one point

the play/breakdown to the goal that tied it sounded like a disaster with the dmen...sounded like two straight guys left alone in the crease,with an awful turnover in between the two...notice that hamhuis-klein were on ice for that one....what happened eriks?
According to Claude after the game, it was Hammer and Hutch, but thats neither here nor there. From my vantage point at the opposite end of the ice, it essentially looked to me like both Dmen were in the corners trying to play pin the foward into the seats through the glass. For whatever reason, both dmen were out of the crease area, most likely a breakdown in communication between them as to who would "stay home". The end result was nobody was home to stop the kick out pass to the slot where there were two Rampage guys waiting to light the lamp. Finner never had a chance, the shot went top shelf over his left shoulder, barely getting in under the crossbar.

Old
11-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Pred303

not doubting you or noel as to who was on the ice eriks....it's just the line score and the plus/minus in the official boxscore reflects that hamhuis/klein were on the ice together for the giveup....of course we know how many times the official scoresheet can be wrong,especially in the plus minus stuff

Old
11-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Eriks

Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Quote:
not doubting you or noel as to who was on the ice eriks....it's just the line score and the plus/minus in the official boxscore reflects that hamhuis/klein were on the ice together for the giveup....of course we know how many times the official scoresheet can be wrong,especially in the plus minus stuff
Yeah, just like the assist they gave to Hrkac saturday night where I had the photo to prove it wasn't. I think they did finally change it.

Closed Thread