HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

ESPN Radio - MTL / NSH

Old
02-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB86 View Post
Then Nahville can go after Mike Weber 3 Weber's on one team
And Columbus defensive prospect Will Weber.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
no.. more value? radulov playing for under a million as a RFA for a internal budget team like NSH where radulov would easily be our most talented player.... right lol more value to the habs.. radulov's rights for ak I don't see happening.. also dont know the credibility of that source?

I doubt he "refuses" to play in NSH but "jumps" at the opportunity to play in MTL. just my 2 cents
He was happy playing in Quebec City and for Roy in the QMJHL would be the thinking. Just my speculation I admit.

But the value to Nashville is next to nothing if he isn't coming back to play in Nashville.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Dekar

How about Montreal trades Kostitsyn and Weber to Nashville for Kostitsyn and Weber?

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:49 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
How about Montreal trades Kostitsyn and Weber to Nashville for Kostitsyn and Weber?
i dont think this trade would work out as weber is clearly better than weber and kostitsyn has been playing a lot better than his brother kostitsyn...

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:59 PM
predwings

Radulovs rights are not getting traded. He can live in Russia for all we care right now. AK will get moved for prospects and picks. I'm under the impression Nashville tried this deal but it diddnt work as part of the gill trade. Nashville has a big scouting meeting Thursday, after that I'd be ready for some trades and rumors to swirl.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:32 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
I think it might be a situation where Radulov won't come back to Nashville but might show up to play in Montreal, especially if Patrick Roy was involved in coaching.

In other words Radulov might have more value to the Habs, than he does to Nashville, as he may never play in Nashville.
Except regardless of what Radulov wants to do, Poile holds all of the leverage. Unless Radulov comes out and publicly says something to the extent of, "I only want to play in Montreal", there will be multiple teams looking to acquire his rights. Worst case, they all assume they have an equal chance of bringing Radulov over, and a modest bidding war begins. Best case, they all assume they have the best chance of bringing Radulov over, and a bigger bidding war begins.

If he came out and said that he only wants to play in Montreal then Poile had better get more than AK for him. At that point he is essentially trading the player for AK, not just the rights to the player. I could get him to sign a deal if I were the GM for Montreal and he made a comment like that.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Of course this rumor originated from the Habs forum because it's wishful thinking.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:44 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Except regardless of what Radulov wants to do, Poile holds all of the leverage. Unless Radulov comes out and publicly says something to the extent of, "I only want to play in Montreal", there will be multiple teams looking to acquire his rights. Worst case, they all assume they have an equal chance of bringing Radulov over, and a modest bidding war begins. Best case, they all assume they have the best chance of bringing Radulov over, and a bigger bidding war begins.

If he came out and said that he only wants to play in Montreal then Poile had better get more than AK for him. At that point he is essentially trading the player for AK, not just the rights to the player. I could get him to sign a deal if I were the GM for Montreal and he made a comment like that.
If Radulov does not return, Nashville give us the 1st for AK. If he does return, we give you our 1st in 2013 (and you already have AK). Would you happy with that?

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:52 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Habs trade Kostitsyn for Radulov and win lottery draft Nail Yakupov? Getting a little excitment going next year in bell centre

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

Poile holds the leverage?

Radulov says fine... I'll collect my multi-million dollar paycheques in the KHL... you get nothing for my rights, and we all move on.

At some point its better for Poile to get an asset that will actually play for his team than it is to have a contract for a player who continues to stay in Russia and plays 0 games for Nashville.

I think you underestimate Radulov's power in this situation.

Look at what the Senators got for Heatley when he held the cards of where he wanted to play.

Old
02-22-2012, 09:18 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Habs trade Kostitsyn for Radulov and win lottery draft Nail Yakupov? Getting a little excitment going next year in bell centre
Rads right for AK is pure horse ****.

Especially after Rads stating if he is coming down to the NHL he'll only come to Nashville...

But keep on dreaming...

Last edited by Alvvays: 02-22-2012 at 10:15 PM.
tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:25 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Poile holds the leverage?

Radulov says fine... I'll collect my multi-million dollar paycheques in the KHL... you get nothing for my rights, and we all move on.

At some point its better for Poile to get an asset that will actually play for his team than it is to have a contract for a player who continues to stay in Russia and plays 0 games for Nashville.

I think you underestimate Radulov's power in this situation.
He has 0 power in this situation. If Polie says "if not us then nobody" it just another draft pick that didn't pan out... Forget about him...
Unless CBA brake the contract at all and Rads on his own, witch is doubtful. But if that happens then hell go play with his good friend Malkin

Old
02-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Dharvey33

Does halischuck have 2nd line potential he is 23 now and has already 12 goals this year.

What would the habs needs to add to get Wilson instead?

That's a deal i could see happen but Campoli instead of Weber IMO.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
He has 0 power in this situation. If Polie says "if not us then nobody" it just another draft pick that didn't pan out... Forget about him...
Unless CBA brake the contract at all and Rads on his own, witch is doubtful. But if that happens then hell go play with his good friend Malkin
-Mtl trades Kostitsyn elsewhere

-Rads collects his $$ in the KHL

-Poile gets nothing for a guy who doesn't play

who loses here

Old
02-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Does halischuck have 2nd line potential he is 23 now and has already 12 goals this year.

What would the habs needs to add to get Wilson instead?

That's a deal i could see happen but Campoli instead of Weber IMO.
I definitely think Hals has borderline 2nd line potential, but that's about it. He works hard on every shift and never gives up, but he doesn't have out of this world talent. I'm trying to think of a comparable player, but can't seem to put my finger on one.

Wilson's not for sale, unless it's a massive overpayment.

And we'll hold on to Radulov's rights unless, again, it's a massive overpayment.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:39 PM
JHabs61

Maybe the habs and preds could pull this:

Ellis
Weber
Kostitsyn

For

Ellis
Weber
Kostitsyn

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:42 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
-Mtl trades Kostitsyn elsewhere

-Rads collects his $$ in the KHL

-Poile gets nothing for a guy who doesn't play

who loses here
Exactly he doesn't play, so Polie doesn't lose anything.
But if Polie is going after AK he'll get him for something else.

KHL will collapse in 4 to 5 years... it is not business it is hobby there. Not a single team make profit, not even cover it spending up to 50%And it is Russia. Playing crashes, teams falling apart, big guys getting killed or jailed...

Old
02-22-2012, 09:54 PM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiXEN8 View Post
from habs board

"Habs and Preds closing on a deal.Kostitsyn and def. (most Weber) for 1st pick and prospect pushing hard for Halischuck"
The preds don't need anymore midgets thats why they always get bounced out of the playoffs.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:56 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
The preds don't need anymore midgets thats why they always get bounced out of the playoffs.
... Kostitsyn a midget...?!?!?!?!?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:02 PM
sanio123

Last edited by sanio123: 02-22-2012 at 10:10 PM.
sanio123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:05 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
whose fault is the budget
It is not about budget, it is about whole systems.

In the same given conditions your team wouldn't be able to compete on same level as Nashville.

You have 9 guys on your team that went through your pipeline..

Preds has 18! And given current standings I can easily say whose system works better...

Old
02-22-2012, 10:06 PM
TootooTrain
-

I hope Halischuk isn't involved. Critical piece of depth.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:11 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Go to games and pay more for them, and you'll have the budget.
Id have to fly 1500 miles every day to go to the games Would be a season ticket holder no question, still trying to convince my wife to move down that area but she is too big on the beach and sun all year long...

Old
02-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
It is not about budget, it is about whole systems.

In the same given conditions your team wouldn't be able to compete on same level as Nashville.

You have 9 guys on your team that went through your pipeline..

Preds has 18! And given current standings I can easily say whose system works better...
we're down this 1 season

2010 we won more series in 1 go than you have in 10 years

i wouldnt call 1 season as a mid pack club proof that the system is better

Old
02-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Staal4Futures

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Go to games and pay more for them, and you'll have the budget.
I believe the majority of revenue comes from tv deals, radio deals, etc.

Many small market teams have great attendence, loyal fan bases, but not much of a budget.

just my .02

Staal4Futures is offline   Reply With Quote