HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A Shark Player Is Pushing To Acquire Sean Avery

Old
02-23-2012, 11:38 AM
nycbruins*

vCash: 500
Dominic Moore & Sean Avery together on the Sharks 3rd line in the playoffs?

That's asking for a lot of punches to the face...but also could be a lot of power plays for Joe & co. to work with.

I like Sean, personally & as a player. He belongs in NYC, but he also belongs in the NHL. Hope to see it soon.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Just have the Sharks trade someone with an NHL contract to Rangers for Avery. If Avery doesn't clear re-entry waivers, then in that case, Sharks are the ones taking that small chance of having to eat a few hundred thousand in cap hit for a player that never suits for the Sharks just for the rest of this season. I know the Sharks may not do this, but why wouldn't the Rangers? They lose nothing and rid themselves of someone they don't want. If a pick is needed, Sharks can throw in a (conditional) 7th.

Last edited by ChompChomp: 02-23-2012 at 11:59 AM.
ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Hockeyplayer99

Who on the Calgary team is similiar to Brandon Prust. Lets trade Avery to someone like Prust so we can rip them off again likie when we sent them Kotalik and Higgins. Jokinen was the big part of the deal but Prust was the best part of the deal

Hockeyplayer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:11 PM
CupfortheSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Last year the Sharks played Ben Eager which single handidly cost them a game in the WCF.

I don't think Avery will have the same influence but I don't get why they would risk it.
Exactly. Plus, if DW wanted Avery he would have claimed him when he was on waivers. I call BS.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 05:10 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Last year the Sharks played Ben Eager which single handidly cost them a game in the WCF.

I don't think Avery will have the same influence but I don't get why they would risk it.
In 06, a Raffi Torres elbow on Michalek probably cost the Sharks the series vs. EDM. Torres helped the Sharks to lose the WCF last year. Those types of players do have value, and the Sharks don't have one. Eager is certifiably crazy, but Sean Avery is a better player and can draw penalties.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 06:25 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
That player must have a crush on Avery.
He is not alone, i have a big crush on him!

I mean even if he is a jerk, its all part of his charm. He is very handsome. Every time he jump on the ice, i fear the ice will melt because my heart become so warm.

I hope Montreal could get Avery, but no way we give Subban! It would broke my hearth: Subban is even more cute!

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Well, last year the Sharks had a guy who did a masterful job of getting under Vancouver's skin in previous years. Name was Ben Eager. Look how well that one worked out.

I can see why they'd think Avery might be an idea, but that can blow up in their faces very badly. Sure, they could just do what the Rangers did and dump him in the minors but by then he might have already ruined morale in the dressing room.

Go for it, Sharks!
How would it ruin morale? If he was too much of a jackass and got sent down, everyone would band together in his absence. Like when the idiot at the party goes home and everyone lets out a sigh of relief. Maybe people would get pissed at him, but then getting him outta there would fix that. Like someone else said, it would be a low risk/potentially high reward move. The Sharks could definitely use a pest.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
Any player who was subject to waivers before assignment to the minors must clear re-entry waivers before being called back up if said player is on a one-way contract. So yes he would need to go through re-entry.
Waivers has nothing to do with whether the player is on a 1-way or 2-way contract.

Quote:
13.4 Exempt Players. Players who meet the criteria set forth below are exempt from Regular and Re-Entry-Waivers:

GOALIES SKATERS
AgeYears from Signing-NHLNHL Games PlayedYears from Signing-NHLNHL Games Played
25+11  

As used above, NHL Games include NHL Regular Season and NHL Playoff Games.

The exemption from Regular and Re-Entry Waivers ends immediately upon a Player playing in the number of NHL Games set forth in the applicable column above.

For purposes of Regular Waivers and Re-Entry Waivers, the five (5) year exemption for an 18 year old skater and the four (4) year exemption for a 19 year old skater shall both be reduced to three (3) years commencing the first season that the 18 or 19 year old skater plays in eleven (11) NHL Games or more. The next two (2) seasons, regardless of whether the skater plays any NHL Games in either season, shall count as the second and third years toward satisfying the exemption.

For purposes of Regular Waivers and Re-Entry Waivers, the six (6) year exemption for an 18 year old goalie and the five (5) year exemption for a 19 year old goalie shall both be reduced to four (4) years commencing the first season that the 18 or 19 year old goalie plays in eleven (11) NHL Games or more. The next three (3) seasons, regardless of whether the goalie plays any NHL Games in any of those three (3) seasons, shall count as the next three (3) years toward satisfying the exemption.

The first season in which a Player who is age 20 or older plays in one (1) or more Professional Games shall constitute the first year for calculating the number of years he is exempt from Regular Waivers and Re-Entry Waivers.

A Player 25 years old or older who plays in one (1) or more Professional Games in any season shall be exempt from Regular Waivers and Re-Entry Waivers for the remainder of that season.

For Players age 20 or older, Professional Games include NHL Games, all minor league regular season and playoff games and any other professional games, including but not limited to, play in European leagues when Player is on Loan to such club, and while Player is party to an SPC.
Yeah, it's confusing lol. The CBA has examples that might make it clearer.

If Avery is placed on re-entry waivers and he is not claimed, both the Rangers and the Stars are on the hook for half his cap hit: $1,937,500.

If Avery is placed on re-entry waivers and claimed by another team, the Stars would be on the hook for half his cap hit. The Rangers and the claiming team would be responsible for 1/4 each.

The Rangers could trade Avery for a conditional pick, with the condition that he makes it through waivers. SJ would then have to place Avery on re-entry. If he gets claimed, the Rangers get nothing and SJ takes on 1/4 of Avery's cap hit.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
you want him? Please take him. It's not like he's doing anything for us anyway.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
BillR10

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
you want him? Please take him. It's not like he's doing anything for us anyway.
If it's the Avery that actually wants to play then yes. If it's the actual Avery that plays with no heart anymore cause all he cares about is keeping his name relevant for his modeling and clothing line then no thanks.

He is exactly what we need when he puts in the effort but everyone knows he doesn't give 100% anymore.

BillR10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 07:44 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
From Andy Strickland's True Hockey site

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/W...-Bite-on-Avery

The big problem here is if the Sharks were interested, they would be pushing the Rangers to put him on Re-Entry Waivers so they could claim him at half price because if they traded an asset to acquire him and then he didn't clear Re-Entrys they would lose him and said asset for nothing. But the Rangers will be pushing for a trade so they don't have to have any of his salary on the books. Possibly, the Rangers could look to make a deal with a non-playoff team skirting the bottom of the salary floor (Carolina, for instance) to take Avery off their hands for a rental, then put Avery on Re-Entry for the Sharks, or whomever else to claim. That might be the most likely scenario.
1 2nd rounder for avery will do.maybe a 3rd....But I am a fan of his,the jkid when you let avery be avery is effective.he can play hockey would be nice in SJ and a big help.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 07:46 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
1 2nd rounder for avery will do.maybe a 3rd....But I am a fan of his,the jkid when you let avery be avery is effective.he can play hockey would be nice in SJ and a big help.

He would prob fetch a 6th or 7th.

nyrleetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:00 PM
brevard*

If the Sharks or Nucks work out a trade for Avery and then put him on recall I have a dollar that says Chicago claims him, writes him a check for his remaining salary and tells him to go home.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Babych 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Any idea on which Shark player?
Well who likes to model and spend free time in front of homosexual photographers making you wear turtlenecks and dorky steve urkel glasses.......

Maybe Marleau?

Thoughts

Babych 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:25 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babych 44 View Post
Well who likes to model and spend free time in front of homosexual photographers making you wear turtlenecks and dorky steve urkel glasses.......

Maybe Marleau?

Thoughts
Thoughts?

Insulting, homophobic and unfunny.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:42 PM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

It was neither of the first two...

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:48 PM
pappaf2

Please no...
I have no desire to see Avery in teal.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:52 PM
LanceH
Rookie User

oh boy

LanceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:25 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Why would NYR feel compelled to bring up Avery though? It wouldn't really cost them much cap wise if he was picked up since there are only 22 games left. I know this has been discussed before, but would three teams be paying his salary or would it just be the Rangers and San Jose?

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
If the Sharks or Nucks work out a trade for Avery and then put him on recall I have a dollar that says Chicago claims him, writes him a check for his remaining salary and tells him to go home.
Isn't this pretty much it that should kill this thread? Any team could **** block the Sharks or Canucks form trading for and recalling Avery.

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote