HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

If Alexander Radulov...(Edit: effect on KHL if he returns to NHL)

Old
02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
checkerdome

vCash: 500
If Alexander Radulov...(Edit: effect on KHL if he returns to NHL)

...returns to the NHL next season; as he has apparently been quoted as saying in the Russian magazine "sport express", would it have a serious negative impact on the KHL?

The Montreal Canadiens are rumoured to be willing to make a trade with Nashville to obtain his NHL rights.

Last edited by Majik1987: 02-22-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: title update
checkerdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

As much as I don't like some of his actions, I hope Radu stays for another year.

If he leaves KHL will lose not only a great player, but also a newsmaker (highlight plays, wacky celebrations, furious frustration).

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 06:31 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
the door is that way!

spoiled, stagnated in his development primadona.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:18 AM
afrobomber11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
the door is that way!

spoiled, stagnated in his development primadona.
washington trades alex ovechkins contract to salavat straight up for radulovs contract

afrobomber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Who can fill the promotional void left left by Radulov?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
...returns to the NHL next season; as he has apparently been quoted as saying in the Russian magazine "sport express", would it have a serious negative impact on the KHL?

The Montreal Canadiens are rumoured to be willing to make a trade with Nashville to obtain his NHL rights.
It appears that he didn't exactly want to play for one of Nashville (his original NHL team) or Colorado...

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:03 PM
afrobomber11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Who can fill the promotional void left left by Radulov?

It appears that he didn't exactly want to play for one of Nashville (his original NHL team) or Colorado...
where does colorado fit in this?

Old
02-23-2012, 02:35 PM
NMF78

To be fair whats left for him to do in the KHL, 2 mvp's, 2 scoring titles probably, won the gagaring cup, set the record for assists and points.

It would be more important for the KHL if a young promising star like Kuznetsov decides to continue his career in the KHL.

NMF78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Omark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMF78 View Post
To be fair whats left for him to do in the KHL, 2 mvp's, 2 scoring titles probably, won the gagaring cup, set the record for assists and points.

It would be more important for the KHL if a young promising star like Kuznetsov decides to continue his career in the KHL.
Yeah, if Radu leaves for NHL but Kuznetsov stays KHL I think it's ok for KHL.

Semin to KHL?

Omark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:

Radulov is a very good player, but far from a superstar, and if he left the KHL, the effect would primarily be on his club team, Salavat. The KHL will either continue to grow in depth, talent, and fan interest or not, but if not, it won't be because of Radulov's departure. My guess is that an NHL team that picked him up would keep a very wary eye on him - his behavior has been too unpredictable in the past (check with the Nashville Predators on that).

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 12:21 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
wouldn't Radulov have to play his rookie contract out? I highly doubt he will be happy to get paid this little...

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Peter25

If the KHL is to lose all of Radulov, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko it will be a blow to the league. They are the three best Russian forwards in the KHL. They will be impossible to replace.

Peter25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 05:47 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Not impossible, the next wave of guys will emerge - Prohorkin, Kucherov, Gusev, Slepyshev, Nicushkin etc..

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Not impossible, the next wave of guys will emerge - Prohorkin, Kucherov, Gusev, Slepyshev, Nicushkin etc..
Well, it will be impossible. They will not be able to replace Radulov, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko next season. And if they will eventually reach their level they will be gone for the NHL.

Radulov has been the lone exception (along with Jagr) so far as a player clearly good enough to play in the NHL but choosing to play in Russia. If Radulov, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko leave next year there will be nobody left with that kind of star value.

Peter25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 07:34 PM
afrobomber11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
Well, it will be impossible. They will not be able to replace Radulov, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko next season. And if they will eventually reach their level they will be gone for the NHL.

Radulov has been the lone exception (along with Jagr) so far as a player clearly good enough to play in the NHL but choosing to play in Russia. If Radulov, Kuznetsov and Tarasenko leave next year there will be nobody left with that kind of star value.
that list is a bit bigger, those guys are the most marketable, but guys like morozov and afinogenov can very much so play at the nhl level still

Old
02-25-2012, 04:07 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

Radulov has been asked if he wanted his rights traded and he said "No, I want to play for Nashville". Also, he just refinanced his house in Nashville and his parents were in Nashville watching the Preds a little while back. Keep dreaming.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:53 AM
checkerdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Radulov has been asked if he wanted his rights traded and he said "No, I want to play for Nashville". Also, he just refinanced his house in Nashville and his parents were in Nashville watching the Preds a little while back. Keep dreaming.
http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10351823

"..........Rumours have the Canadiens dealing Andrei K and a defenseman for Alexander Radulov, the former Jean Beliveau Trophy winner as a member of the Quebec Remparts...
.. CJAD and Sports Illustrated's Mike Farber..."

A number of french language sources are also on board, including the one here:

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/...23-145541.html

I'm not sure "dreaming" is the appropriate term.

Last edited by checkerdome: 02-25-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old
02-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
If he's getting traded, it will be after he plays his last ELC year out.

Quote:

"..........Rumours have the Canadiens dealing Andrei K and a defenseman for Alexander Radulov, the former Jean Beliveau Trophy winner as a member of the Quebec Remparts...

His future in Nashville is getting more uncertain by the day.

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:05 AM
checkerdome

Quote:
I was remiss in my previous reply when I failed to mention that Mike Fisher and Carrie Underwood were planning their dream house around Ottawa about 6 months before he was traded to the Predators.

The point being that housing considerations aren't much of an obstacle to a move for professional athletes.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post

Maybe they won't replace them next season, but soon enough. Russia continues to produce superior quality players, not necessarily every year, but at least every few years. This will be a problem for the KHL as long as there is an imbalance in the quality of the leagues, but Russia is a huge country that has a lot of undeveloped talent. KHL money will be an impetus to develop that talent.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:19 PM
checkerdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Maybe they won't replace them next season, but soon enough. Russia continues to produce superior quality players, not necessarily every year, but at least every few years. This will be a problem for the KHL as long as there is an imbalance in the quality of the leagues, but Russia is a huge country that has a lot of undeveloped talent. KHL money will be an impetus to develop that talent.
I totally agree with you.

Can you imagine how much more entertaining the KHL could be starting next year, merely by latching onto Nail Yakupov and Mikhail Grigorenko?

I suspect once 1 or 2 high end talents such as those chooses to play in the KHL, a bit of a snowball effect will occur, whereby more top tier Russians will want to play in the KHL.

Old
03-01-2012, 02:01 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:

how'd that dream work out for ya?

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:12 PM
checkerdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
how'd that dream work out for ya?
I was only drawing attention to what was being said on that subject in the French and English media.

If anybody was indeed "dreaming" it wasn't me. I'm not even a Habs fan.

Old
03-01-2012, 10:01 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobomber11 View Post
that list is a bit bigger, those guys are the most marketable, but guys like morozov and afinogenov can very much so play at the nhl level still
You are right, this guy is mistaken. There are many more guys who have walked away from opportunities at the NHL. Some lesser known like Svitov who walked away after playing and even signing a new contract, some like Parshin who the Avs tried aggressively to get over but could never get to sign. Some like Dalman who says he was offered 1-way NHL contract but was comfprtable in Astana. So many more....
Also, when Malkin left no one thought Russian league would see a star like Malkin after he left... Then came Kuznetsov. This is the way of things. There will always be a new young star. They will stay for a while then leave maybe, so what. Enjoy the guy for 4-5 years.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:36 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
I was only drawing attention to what was being said on that subject in the French and English media.

If anybody was indeed "dreaming" it wasn't me. I'm not even a Habs fan.
I was only kidding anyways. That was what was said early on on the trade and I'm glad we kept his rights.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
I totally agree with you.

Can you imagine how much more entertaining the KHL could be starting next year, merely by latching onto Nail Yakupov and Mikhail Grigorenko?

I suspect once 1 or 2 high end talents such as those chooses to play in the KHL, a bit of a snowball effect will occur, whereby more top tier Russians will want to play in the KHL.
I think you are right. There will eventually be reverse movement of Russian players going from the NHL to the KHL. Not just the guys near retirement age, but younger guys who for a variety of reasons will decide to return to Russia. If the KHL really grows and improves, the attraction will grow greater. A number of Russian players who have been in the NHL for years (e.g., Datsyuk, Malkin) hardly speak a word of English, so their ability to be integrated into Canadian or US society is very limited.