HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Los Angeles - Calgary - Chicago

Old
02-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Marshal Rochambeau
N.J. Hockey Club

vCash: 500
Los Angeles - Calgary - Chicago

Los Angeles:

Jarome Iginla
Viktor Stalberg

Chicago:

Mikka Kippursof
Cory Sarich

Calgary:

Voynov
Bernier
2012 LAK 1st
2012 CHI 1st

Add picks and prospects to even it out.

Marshal Rochambeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:56 AM
YP44

Calgary gets hosed. Love it from LA's persepctive. DOn't think Chicago gives up enough to get Kipper.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:57 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

If Calgary wanted that bad to do like Oilers and spend next 5 years in the dark bottoms, sure go ahead. But I'm not sure there is gonna be many Calgary fans on this one.

powerstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:58 AM
dao256

I agree, Calgary wouldnt do it. Im actually thinking the value isnt CRAZY far off though.

dao256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:58 AM
timmeh

Sure, Kipper and Sarich aren't getting any younger. But Chicago is only giving up Stålberg and a mid/late first? Also don't like Kings trading Voynov.

timmeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Ashasx

For Calgary to even think of trading one, nevermind trading both of Iggy and Kipper, you'll need overpayment.

This isn't it.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:07 PM
salty justice

Despite the clamoring of panicked Hawks fans on here we do not need a goalie, especially one with Kipper's price tag.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
Los Angeles:

Jarome Iginla
Viktor Stalberg

Chicago:

Mikka Kippursof
Cory Sarich

Calgary:

Voynov
Bernier
2012 LAK 1st
2012 CHI 1st

Am I figuring this correctly?

LAK gets Iginla & Stahlberg.
LAK gives Bernier, Voynov & a 1st

CHI gets Kiprusoff & Sarich
CHI gives Stahlberg & a 1st

CGY gets Bernier, Voynov, LAK 1st, CHI 1st
CGY gives Iginla, Kiprusoff & Sarich

LA wins this deal easily and underpay. I think Chicago underpays a little and Calgary overpays by a decent amount.

If you want the Flames to basically hand the final playoff spot to LA its going to cost a ridiculous overpayment. Its not like the Flames are some bottom feeder that is struggling, they are right in the thick of the playoff race and only 1 point behind LA with a game in hand.

To me what it comes down to is this. LA is asking for the face of the Flames franchise and to give up a playoff spot this year. Maybe a 1st, Bernier and Voynov is decent value fr Iginla in the offseason, but at the deadline when values are at their highest and the team selling is in the thick of the race, you will have to pay them to give up on the playoff race as well. Same goes for Kiprusoff. Market value just won't cut it right now.

LA and Chicago both need to send more to Calgary if they want the Flames to give up on their playoff chances by giving up their 2 best players.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:18 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Am I figuring this correctly?

LAK gets Iginla & Stahlberg.
LAK gives Bernier, Voynov & a 1st

CHI gets Kiprusoff & Sarich
CHI gives Stahlberg & a 1st

CGY gets Bernier, Voynov, LAK 1st, CHI 1st
CGY gives Iginla, Kiprusoff & Sarich

LA wins this deal easily and underpay. I think Chicago underpays a little and Calgary overpays by a decent amount.

If you want the Flames to basically hand the final playoff spot to LA its going to cost a ridiculous overpayment. Its not like the Flames are some bottom feeder that is struggling, they are right in the thick of the playoff race and only 1 point behind LA with a game in hand.

To me what it comes down to is this. LA is asking for the face of the Flames franchise and to give up a playoff spot this year. Maybe a 1st, Bernier and Voynov is decent value fr Iginla in the offseason, but at the deadline when values are at their highest and the team selling is in the thick of the race, you will have to pay them to give up on the playoff race as well. Same goes for Kiprusoff. Market value just won't cut it right now.

LA and Chicago both need to send more to Calgary if they want the Flames to give up on their playoff chances by giving up their 2 best players.
The Kings will be over the cap with this to boot... Unless Stoll and/or Penner go for a salary dump as well as substituting Martinez for Voynov...I can't see this going through...

King RAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
The Kings will be over the cap with this to boot... Unless Stoll and/or Penner go for a salary dump as well as substituting Martinez for Voynov...I can't see this going through...
That's a good point as well. But I think if the Flames were giving up on their playoff hopes I don't think taking salary would be much of an issue.

But like I brought up in my previous post I think asking a team to basically take their ball and go home by moving their top 2 players would cost the other team(s) involved a great deal. And i am not so sure either the Hawks or Kings are willing to do that.

A more realistic 3way trade would be something along the lines of this,

to LAK: Stahlberg
to CHI: Hannan
to CGY: LA 2nd (although I don't believe LA has a 2nd)

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:55 PM
salty justice

Quote:
That's a good point as well. But I think if the Flames were giving up on their playoff hopes I don't think taking salary would be much of an issue.

But like I brought up in my previous post I think asking a team to basically take their ball and go home by moving their top 2 players would cost the other team(s) involved a great deal. And i am not so sure either the Hawks or Kings are willing to do that.

Bad deal for Chicago. Stalberg would only be traded with a package to acquire a much better player. I believe he is in the Hawks future plans so there's no reason to trade him for an over the hill rental dman.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Whiskeypete

LA gives up VV, JB and their 1st for Iggy and victor......hell no. that equates to two 1st's JB (#11 - 2006) and 2012's #1 which at the rate LA is playing will be a top ten pick. VV was a 2nd at #32 and is looking to be an easy top 4 dman.

perhaps 3+ years ago when iggy wasn't pushing 35 with a $7M cap hit

perhaps for a different CHI forward, that isn't up/down in/out of Q's doghouse and leaves CHI fans scratching their heads. i live in Chicago and hear the rumblings over him, Frolik, and every other forward not named Toews, Kane, hossa or Sharp

LA essentially gives up three top prospects for Stalberg and a short-term rental of Iggy. horrible mismanagement of assets when you are trying to get LA back on track.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:57 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

Quote:

It would have to be a 2013 2nd for it to work (unless we somehow get onfor this year in another deal)...

King RAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Bad deal for Chicago. Stalberg would only be traded with a package to acquire a much better player. I believe he is in the Hawks future plans so there's no reason to trade him for an over the hill rental dman.
it would make more sense for CHI-LA to work a deal along these lines.

Stalberg/Frolik for Greene/Mitchell/Scuderi

youngish F to LA with upside
vet D to CHI to help anchor down the backend

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:05 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
it would make more sense for CHI-LA to work a deal along these lines.

Stalberg/Frolik for Greene/Mitchell/Scuderi

youngish F to LA with upside
vet D to CHI to help anchor down the backend
I'd agree with that, but does it make sense for LA?

Their D is solid and they do lack speed on the wings. The Hawks would much rather part with Frolik than Stalberg so there's potential there.

Ultimately I think both of these teams are too deep into Win NOW Mode to swap key roster players (top 6 F or top 4 D). I expect both clubs to look for upgrades that only cost picks or prospects.

Old
02-23-2012, 01:13 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
He said add picks and prospects to even it out this is just the basis.
Chicago has to add Kyle Beach going to calgary and La switches Bernier with Tyler Toffoli.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:20 PM
HawkinMI

No from Chi-town. Hawks don't give up much here, but I doubt they have a ton of interest in Kipper. Sarich maybe, but Stalberg's having a very good year and I doubt Bowman wants to get rid of him right now.

HawkinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:20 PM
brevard*

While I am not on board with the deal from the Hawk end of this... I do not quite understand the major upset from Flames fans.
I have to ask, How far are the Flames from having any serious chance of winning a cup?
By the time they get there will any of the 3 players they give up here still be playing?
Unless somethnig drastically changes the picks the Flames get will be between 15 and 25 combined with the pick they already have.
Both players they are getting are young and have high end potential.

Also Jokinen and Stempniak need to go as well for any pick/prospects they can get. Lets not be delusional and think this core group has any shot at winning.

I am sure it won't happen as your GM is the guy who took a cup champ and turned it into a bottom feeder then and now tied his hands with Cammy and Tanguay. They are destined to pass at moves like this and remain a fringe playoff team well into the future.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Silvesta

Quote:
Los Angeles:

Jarome Iginla
Viktor Stalberg

Chicago:

Mikka Kippursof
Cory Sarich

Calgary:

Voynov
Bernier
2012 LAK 1st
2012 CHI 1st

Whatever you're smoking I want some.

Silvesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
I am sure it won't happen as your GM is the guy who took a cup champ and turned it into a bottom feeder then and now tied his hands with Cammy and Tanguay. They are destined to pass at moves like this and remain a fringe playoff team well into the future.
lol

The only one upset here is you, for some odd reason.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Xelstyle

Market value, this is probably close.

But as said, overpayment, not market value is what it'll take to move Iggy/Kipper.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Marshal Rochambeau
N.J. Hockey Club

Chicago can send Crawford to Calgary.

Marshal Rochambeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
I'd agree with that, but does it make sense for LA?

Their D is solid and they do lack speed on the wings. The Hawks would much rather part with Frolik than Stalberg so there's potential there.

Ultimately I think both of these teams are too deep into Win NOW Mode to swap key roster players (top 6 F or top 4 D). I expect both clubs to look for upgrades that only cost picks or prospects.
Frolik is crap. If the Kings are giving up good players, they want good players back.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:30 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Calgary takes it in an unpleasant place.

I don't think Bernier holds much interest for the Flames, it looks like Irving is the heir apparent and has looked very good in his games this year.

If Iginla and Kipper are going then more has to be coming back then two mid first round picks and a goalie.

If both Kipper and iginla move in the same package on top of the first round picks there has to be at least a significant impact player under 25 coming back and prospects or there's no point in the Flames making the move.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 02:33 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Chicago can send Crawford to Calgary.
No value there, If Calgary is giving up Kipper and Iggy it signals a major rebuild, Crawford doesn't do enough for that.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote