Just your top 5 favorites of our team. List them off, and if you wanna say more, go for it.
For me (although I'm not counting goalies):
1. Oshie - I just love this guy. He's my man crush. He's not that big, but he's still incredibly tough, and he's very creative. Unfortunately he doesn't know how to score as much as I'd like, but he certainly has some nice moves.
2. Pietrangelo - He's our All-Star, no doubt. Only just recently turned 22 and he's probably our best player. His defensive abilities are some of the best in the league, watching him play is just so great.
3. Perron - THOSE HANDS. He's incredibly talented and I think he's one of the most passionate players. Like he's always so excited when he scores. He just loves the game so much and it really shows.
4. McDonald - He's just SO FAST. Really, I'm still somewhat new to hockey (I've always loved it, but I've only been closely following it for about the past 5 months) so I never really saw McDonald play until he just came back. But what a comeback it was. He had an assist, and I was instantly amazed by his skill and ability. I kind of have a new man crush on him. I hope he continues to rack up some points. He's amazing.
5. Sobotka - I may be biased here because 17 is my favorite number. But I always enjoy watching him play. He's got some great offensive skill. I wish he'd get some more points. He's a fantastic player and I can't help but love him.
I understand. Backes, Shattenkirk, and Steen are all really awesome too. So is Arnott. All of them are honorable mentions for me.
I decided to go to the 05-06 team to see who would be my top 5 from the horrible year. I ended up realizing that we have 3 players that were on pace for over 70 points when they were with us or healthy. We traded Sillinger and Weight, and Tkachuk was hurt. Crazy how much depth, goaltending, and coaching can make a team terrible.
My mind was literally blown when I realized that we actually had 3 scorers on that team. I remember sitting through all those games, and thinking that watching paint dry was more exciting.
1. Kevin Shattenkirk
2. David Perron
3. Chris Stewart
4. Alex Pietrangelo
5. T.J. Oshie
I love them all but gotta give Oshie props who continues to climb the ladder in my rankings. Everyone was criticizing him for not living up to expectations and "partying" off the ice last year but the kid keeps himself in tremendous condition, has energy matched by very few, is rock solid on his skates, and is one of the most valuable players on the team. He's easily one of our core pieces and he's one of the first guys that can be considered the 'face' of the new era. 1st round pick in 2005, was pretty much the first prospect that our fans truly got excited for once JD and co. took over, and he's been a good one.
1. Steen - Even though I am happy with Backes as our captain I was pushing for Steen to be named in the offseason. He is everything young hockey players should strive to be and the most underrated player in the NHL.
2. Pietrangelo - It is almost mind baffling that he is only 22. It has been said before and I will say it again he is the next Lidstrom.
3. Backes - Plays with a ton of emotion and is willing to pay a price every night. I don't think there is a team in the NHL that couldn't make room for a player like Backes. Hard to believe he went in the 2nd round.
4. Perron - The most offensively gifted player on the team. When he is on everytime he gets his puck on his stick you expect something to happen.
5. Jackman - Going with a bit of a wildcard here. Jax is gritty and old school, not flashy and isn't going to make big plays everynight but he makes life a living hell for whoever he plays against.
1. Chris Stewart - while this year has soured me on him, what he did last year for us was something I hadn't seem before. It seemed like whenever he wanted to score, he did.
2. Kevin Shattenkirk - I don't know why, but I love the man. Probably for his bald spot. And his twitter.
3. Alex Pietrangelo - This kid's insanely talented and should be the face of the franchise for many years down the road.
4. Vladimir Sobotka - What's not to love, besides his inability to score? He's tiny, but hits like a truck.
5. T.J. Oshie - He has everything: speed, hands, heart, hustle, strength, and hair.
6. David Perron - He can stickhandle in a phone booth while placing a call.
7. David Backes - He's even better when he's angry. I still remember his war against Canada two years ago.
8. Alex Steen - I love the way he thinks the game, and always seems to know where to be. I wish he could give Stewie some of that ability.
9. Kris Russell - I know this is a bit of an out there player, but just watching him skate is breathtaking. He's almost flawless on his edges and turns and it's just beautiful.
10. Scott Nichol. I love his heart, and whenever I've seen interviews of him, he seemed pretty funny.
HM: Patrik Berglund, Andy McDonald, Roman Polak, and it was tough to not have them on this list.
I agree with you on Stewart - I can't help but like the guy anyway. I'm hoping he really brings it, stays with the Blues, and has his best year yet at some point, really soon.
I always liked Nichol a lot too! He seems to be a real team player and a cool guy.
Shattdeuce is a fave of mine too - seems like a cool kid and I like his work ethic. His Twitter is pretty good, too
Otherwise I've always like AMac, just an amazing player with some good experience. It's hard to pick favorites, but other than those I'd pick Halak probably, maybe even Elliott; I just love our goal-tenders.
Perron - Playoffs he will take his game even higher Trust me
Pieterangelo - Can make big plays that will surprise all of us
Backes - Same as Perron
McDonald - Needs a few more games under his belt
Oshie - Never quits
1. AP. I just get a special feeling when I watch him, the same feeling I got when I watched Pujols. He's going to be a HoF, and that he's just 22, and probably still has a whole next level to go to makes me feel warm inside.
2. Backes. The guy just plays his heart out. I love his style.
3. Perron. The kid is just a highlight reel waiting to happen on every play.
4. Steen. He is clutch, and clutch is everything. He plays the game the right way, and ALWAYS steps up his play in big games. I am -so- hopeful the guy is back for the playoffs.
5. Sobotka. The little man plays with the heart of a lion. Never backs down. Does all the little things right. A perfect bottom 6 player, especially in the playoffs.
Oshie (was my #1 up until past couple weeks - Petro's just been so good, elite talent in the making)
Backes (feel bad not putting him #1 because he works so hard and is the heart and soul of the team)
Sabotka (listen to a Blues game, is there ever one where you don't hear his name 300 times - no - he's everywhere on the ice, works so hard, such a spark plug)
k, not sure what that means. This is a favorite players thread. Your post is completely irrelevant.
Haha I guess I should have read the initial thread. I read the title of the thread and interpreted it as top 5 players in terms of importance and then skimmed some of the names people said and didn't see AMAC. But I do believe that average blues fans don't give him the credit he deserves.