HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Exclusive Interview w/ Ducks GM

Old
03-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Regal Beagles

vCash: 500
Exclusive Interview w/ Ducks GM

Anaheim (AP) -

The more things change....well they don's stay the same. Here are some highlights of an interview with new Ducks General Manager Roy Larsen.

On his recent trades:

(1) Lucic for O'Reilly and Turris. Both of my old players were due to be RFAs and were likely to get a siginificant raise for ROR and a mdoerate raise for Turris. The opportunity to get a top player in Lucic was one I felt would be very beneficial in the long-run as he is under contract for a while and he is young.

(2) The trade with the Panthers (getting Daley, Samuelsson and Olver) for Koivu and Martin. I looked at the finances and wanted to dump some salary where we may not be getting the best bang for the buck (especially the $5.8 mill for Koivu). These two players fall into that category, especially after adding money to obtain Lucic and give me the flexibility to add more later. Daley is in our plans for the bottom six, while Samuelsson is a good veteran to add to this team at a reasonable price.

(3) Getting Kesler, McKenna, Carkner and 4th for Subban, Simmonds, Ellis, Martin, McClement, and Bonino. First, moving Ellis and McClement were salary issues, decent layers but needed some salary flexibility. It essentially boils down to Kesler for Subban and Simmonds. We want to have two-person lines (i.e. Kesler/Pominville; Plekanec/Lucic) that gives a good amount of scoring, defensive responsibility, and toughness. I didn't like giving up either of Subban or Simmonds, but you have to give to get.

(4) Getting Kelly, Bickell, Reese and cash for Dupuis, Hunwick and Porter. We wanted to get a pure defensive third line center in Kelly. I can move Desharnais between wing and center. Dupuis is a good player, but getting the third line center was key.

_____

On rumours swirling around the team again:
(A - Pominville): We are negotiating with Jason's agent and trying to get something done. The Ducks do not believe in letting elite UFAs walk. So this means either a long-term extension, a short term deal or ending up with a trade. He has 39 points in 29 games so far, with 20 goals. He's been outstanding.

(B - Rinne): We are looking at the potential backup goalie market for some insurance and to give Pekka some nights off. We are still building our team around him and that will not change

(C - Prospects) - We re very pleased with the development of Da Costa, Schwartz. Finn and Grimaldi are still in our plans as well. That said, our amateur scouting staff is working hard to analyze the 2013 draft and wouldn't be heartbroken if I am able to add some picks.

Regal Beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Great coverage, way to get things moving! I still think you're going to regret a couple of the moves, but probably not *bitterly*.

And we've all had our share of regrets...

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Regal Beagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
Great coverage, way to get things moving! I still think you're going to regret a couple of the moves, but probably not *bitterly*.

And we've all had our share of regrets...
That's what Kershaw said

Old
03-08-2013, 12:32 AM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regal Beagles View Post
That's what Kershaw said
Nope. I regret nothing. Except that one time in Philly....

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:06 AM
Regal Beagles

We are please to announce that Jason Pominville has accepted a one year extension at 5.3 million

Old
03-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Regal Beagles

Ducks are pleased to announce another trade....pending league approval.