HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 2 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
NHL Trade Deadline pt 2 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST)

And go

Old
02-01-2012, 06:54 PM
glenngineer

And we needed this thread why?

Old
02-01-2012, 06:56 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Other one reached 1,000

Old
02-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Board rules, you'll see why once the other one is closed

Old
02-01-2012, 06:59 PM
glenngineer

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:01 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

To bridge from the other... Rumor is a signed AK for Blum and Blake G.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Top 6 Spaling

AK has already said he'll sign in MTL for a smaller amount. I think his heart is there already. I'm terrified he'll come down here and not be 100% all in, especially as a rental when he can go right back after the season.

I'm not opposed to AK, especially if he is signed before-hand, but not at the price of Blum. I'm not giving up on that kid.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:18 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
AK has already said he'll sign in MTL for a smaller amount. I think his heart is there already. I'm terrified he'll come down here and not be 100% all in, especially as a rental when he can go right back after the season.

I'm not opposed to AK, especially if he is signed before-hand, but not at the price of Blum. I'm not giving up on that kid.
What is coming out of MTL is AK will sign before at a rate of between 3.5 to 4 for 3 years. Then the Gaut will deal him.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:23 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
What is coming out of MTL is AK will sign before at a rate of between 3.5 to 4 for 3 years. Then the Gaut will deal him.
Why would AK do this? Especially if he knows he will be traded?

Old
02-01-2012, 07:27 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Why would AK do this? Especially if he knows he will be traded?
Why would he not sign a deal to make 3.5 to 4 mil a season for 3 years. Yes he wants to stay in MTL apparently but this is business and players get traded. I could care less about the names on the back of a jersey to me it is all about the crest on the front.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:34 PM
maplepred

I don't understand why this thread exists?? I know the other one is over 1000, but why can't we keep posting on it?? Just curious what reasoning is.... Thanks

Old
02-01-2012, 07:36 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Why would he not sign a deal to make 3.5 to 4 mil a season for 3 years. Yes he wants to stay in MTL apparently but this is business and players get traded. I could care less about the names on the back of a jersey to me it is all about the crest on the front.
So would this be considered fair market value or below. I was thinking as a ufa maybe he gets more money and/or years plus gets to choose where he plays

Old
02-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I don't even know if I want AK, to be honest. I'd actually prefer he come unsigned so we can see if he's a good fit first.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:58 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
So would this be considered fair market value or below. I was thinking as a ufa maybe he gets more money and/or years plus gets to choose where he plays
I think he is in and around the 4 mark now so it would be status quo for him which is a little below his market value. Sorry 3.25 is his current deal he signed for less last season also.

Old
02-01-2012, 08:33 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

To answer a couple of questions asked in this thread and its previous incarnation:

1) The only sources we consider legit for news and rumors are news and sports sites like ESPN, TSN, etc. Their writers are credentialed, so they are accepted as legitimate sources for information or rumors. (FWIW, Eklund was credentialed by someone... Fugu thinks it was Sportsnet, so Ek is considered legit. What is NOT considered acceptable is going into a thread about an Ek rumor and complaining about it being an Ek rumor)

Fugu also said this:
Quote:
The Trades board thread is a member initiative to track beat writers from teams mainly, so their blogs and twitter info is there. If they're affiliated with a newspaper, then they're legit.
To add, some sources merely exist to peddle "breaking news" as their own exclusive report when, in reality, they are ripping off another source without giving credit.

2) Threads over 1,000 posts can slow things down. It was much worse years ago, and the mod staff just got into the habit of closing them at 1,000 posts. Now it's just something we do.

Old
02-01-2012, 09:05 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
To answer a couple of questions asked in this thread and its previous incarnation:

1) The only sources we consider legit for news and rumors are news and sports sites like ESPN, TSN, etc. Their writers are credentialed, so they are accepted as legitimate sources for information or rumors. (FWIW, Eklund was credentialed by someone... Fugu thinks it was Sportsnet, so Ek is considered legit. What is NOT considered acceptable is going into a thread about an Ek rumor and complaining about it being an Ek rumor)

Fugu also said this:

To add, some sources merely exist to peddle "breaking news" as their own exclusive report when, in reality, they are ripping off another source without giving credit.

2) Threads over 1,000 posts can slow things down. It was much worse years ago, and the mod staff just got into the habit of closing them at 1,000 posts. Now it's just something we do.

Thanks for the heads up I had no idea about the posting rule for that and apparently some others didn't either.

Old
02-01-2012, 09:25 PM
maplepred

Thanks for the rundown, I definitely didnt realize about the 1000+ posts thing either. Has this happened with other threads before on this board??? Just curious to see how much we have been talking about trade deadline as opposed to old thread topics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

Fugu also said this:

Old
02-01-2012, 09:33 PM
SilasAdams

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Thanks for the rundown, I definitely didnt realize about the 1000+ posts thing either. Has this happened with other threads before on this board??? Just curious to see how much we have been talking about trade deadline as opposed to old thread topics....
General Preds Talk Threa

Milwaukee Ads/Cyclones Thread

Preds Prospects Thread

Other TN sports Thread

Old
02-01-2012, 09:53 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

The phoenix coyotes sale/relocation thread in the business of hockey is on something like thread number 42

Old
02-02-2012, 09:08 AM
AintLifeGrand

The only thing I'd take for Suter to Philadelphia would be

either

Coburn+ JVR

or JVR+ Simmonds/Read

Old
02-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Everlong
-

Andy Strickland speculates on the possibility of St.Louis shopping Chris Stewart.

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/T...ine-Looming-01

He's not producing for the money he makes (3.25, UFA at the end of the year) and the Blues need to re-sign guys like Perron and Oshie. A scoring powerforward that's just playing in the wrong system?

Problem is, they're looking for the same thing alot of other teams are. A depth, experienced defenseman to play the left side.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Heard from a pretty decent source this morning (who works with me) that the Blues are trying to pry Eric Staal out of Carolina for Berglund+1st+defenseman+prospect

If true

That's a steep price, but the thought of Backes and Perron on the same line as staal scares me.

It will really be interesting to see what would happen if Poile is forced to counter other teams moves. No matter what, I think Poile upgrades the team.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:59 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Heard from a pretty decent source this morning (who works with me) that the Blues are trying to pry Eric Staal out of Carolina for Berglund+1st+defenseman+prospect

If true

That's a steep price, but the thought of Backes and Perron on the same line as staal scares me.

It will really be interesting to see what would happen if Poile is forced to counter other teams moves. No matter what, I think Poile upgrades the team.
If Staal's available, he's another guy Poile should be trying very hard to get. He's had a bit of a rough year (who on Carolina hasn't), but is the #1 F that we need, and is a consistent 30-40 G 80+ pt guy. He's a cup winner, good off the ice, team captain.

He's got an NMC, but I have to imagine a guy who's happy playing in Raleigh on a team that's 5 years away from contention would be OK with moving to a cup contender in Nashville.

He's got a fat contract, but that's not really an issue for us, we're going to spend...right?

Old
02-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Legionnaire11

Definitely YES YES YES YES on Eric Staal.

Make him the Captain while we're at it so that Weber can see how it's done.

Old
02-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Again, don't know if it is true but that is what the guy said. He has some connections with people in the Blues organization so who knows. I doubt staal is moved but if he is, I hope Poile would be working the phones. Not sure if Carolina and us make good trading partners though.

Closed Thread