HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to LAK or NYR

Old
02-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Do not want.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:51 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Penner, 2013 1st and Bernier

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Perro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
The way Hemsky has turned his game around, I don't think that a 1st is too much. I wouldn't add anything of value to the 1st. If its less than a first, a good prospect has to come back, and LA isn't really in the position to be trading theirs.
I don't think he is worth LA's first. Maybe Pittsburgh's or anyone who is in the top ten in the league so that it wold be a 20-30th pick.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcg View Post
Lombardi's negotiations consisted of "YOU ****ING OWE US", as Penner sat with his head down softly sobbing.
We'll take Penner but only if two cases of fresh pancakes are included in the deal and none of those crappy ego waffle imitations.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
We'll take Penner but only if two cases of fresh pancakes are included in the deal and none of those crappy ego waffle imitations.
I like Egos

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:01 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
Penner, 2013 1st and Bernier
For Carter or Nash???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:02 PM
damacles1156

One more loss the Kings are probably Sellers at the Deadline. This rumor like almost all of them this season, is most likely bogus.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:02 PM
odishabs

Hemsky to LAK for their 1st and Hickey

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:03 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Kings better plan on re-signing Hemsky if they trade for him, because trading for rentals is a dumb move when the team is crap and not gonna make the playoffs.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
I hope for Penner...straight up...
I'd gladly take Penner back in a deal if it meant we were getting a good prospect to come along with him.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Kaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
One more loss the Kings are probably Sellers at the Deadline. This rumor like almost all of them this season, is most likely bogus.
They are currently in a playoff spot, I highly doubt Lombardi is thinking of becoming a seller just because his team is slumping right before the deadline. He may decide not to pick someone up, but they are still completely in the playoff race. If he were to throw in the towel he would probably lose his job.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:07 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
They are currently in a playoff spot, I highly doubt Lombardi is thinking of becoming a seller just because his team is slumping right before the deadline. He may decide not to pick someone up, but they are still completely in the playoff race. If he were to throw in the towel he would probably lose his job.

He is going to lose his job anyway. The Kings would have to win the cup to save him.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:08 PM
hfboardsuser

1st + St. Croix or 2nd + McIlrath from the Rangers. Anything less and another team probably out-bids them.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:10 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

If it was for a 2nd I'd do it. That's about it though...

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:11 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
1st + St. Croix or 2nd + McIlrath from the Rangers. Anything less and another team probably out-bids them.
I wouldn't even give up that for the guy. He is made of glass and has what ? Five goals this year ?

Old
02-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Unless the Oilers are willing to accept just a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him AFTER we don't get Nash, sure.

ANything more than that and the Oilers can keep the man of glass.
You can't be serious with a 2nd rounder for Hemsky? I don't disagree that he is very injury prone, but so was Gaborik before he came to the NYR. Played almost the whole season in his 1st year in NY, had an injury but only missed 20 something games, and has played the full year this year. Maybe EDM doctors are just missing something?'

Either way, despite his proneness to injuries the man has undeniable talent. If he could even remain REMOTELY healthy he would instantly upgrade this team. Him and Gaborik would work wonders together until they collide accidentally and both shatter But seriously though. The man can make an unbelievable pass in just about any situation. I do think his injuries WILL play a factor in his trade value, but not enough to make him worth a 2nd or a 3rd.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:14 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
You can't be serious with a 2nd rounder for Hemsky? I don't disagree that he is very injury prone, but so was Gaborik before he came to the NYR. Played almost the whole season in his 1st year in NY, had an injury but only missed 20 something games, and has played the full year this year. Maybe EDM doctors are just missing something?'

Either way, despite his proneness to injuries the man has undeniable talent. If he could even remain REMOTELY healthy he would instantly upgrade this team. Him and Gaborik would work wonders together until they collide accidentally and both shatter But seriously though. The man can make an unbelievable pass in just about any situation. I do think his injuries WILL play a factor in his trade value, but not enough to make him worth a 2nd or a 3rd.
I don't even think he's worth Penner straight up...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fat Elvis

No, no no no! Breakfast burrito is coming back up at the thought of it. Peppers and stomach acid are not a great mix, either is Hemsky and LA. Yuck

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post

He is a rental who is struggling and tends to get injured. 26 points in 46 games...5 goals. He isn't physical or very good defensively. The most I give up is a 2nd...like Antropov in 09.
If that's not good enough, I'm not worried - he isn't essential to us winning...

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Okay so fighting an extreme with an extreme doesn't get anywhere. Yeah Hemsky is worth more then a 2nd but a 1st and St. Croix is too much.

I think a conditional 1st + (not sure what) is a fair value from a Rangers POV. If Hemsky plays X # of games/playoff games it is a 1st. If not it is a 2nd +. Therefore both parties win. If Hemsky stays healthy then Oilers get a 1st +for him and the Rangers get a great player. If Hemsky can't stay healthy enough then the Oil still get a 2nd + and the Rangers fairly keep their first. A player with this type of injury history being traded for a 1st would almost have to have it be a conditional 1st. As I said earlier his injury history is a concern and will effect his value but not enough to make it just a 2nd or even 3RD ROUND PICK, a 3rd is just unfair.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:17 PM
EpicDing
The Fellowship

vCash: 2319
Three way trade:

LAK-Wolski
NYR-Hemsky
EDM-Penner

EpicDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
1st + St Croix for Hemsky?

Won't happen. Take out the pick.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:24 PM
canovin
Klefbom's charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
1st + St Croix for Hemsky?

Won't happen. Take out the pick.
I believe Oilers already have another version of St. Croix in Rieder.

Hemsky for a NHL ready player please!

canovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:24 PM
PizzaSteak

Why do the Rangers need Hemsky? Last I checked, they had too many passers, and not enough finishers. They have one 30+ goal scorer, I think that is where the focus should be.

Another passer? Richards isn't getting assists because he doesn't even have any scorers to pass too. Why add another?

PizzaSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:26 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I wouldn't even give up that for the guy. He is made of glass and has what ? Five goals this year ?
This is why these fan posts are ridiculous. The fact is, if Hemsky is traded, the fans of the team who get him will think it's too much, but as posted before McIlrath + 2nd, or 1st + B prospect is similar to what we will get. You can't say "well, it'l have to be from another team" because none of us are general managers, and we don't know.

Everyone laughed when we (Oilers fans) said Penner would land us a 1st + a guy like Tuebert (we got that AND a 3rd) even though LA fans were saying "Guarantee we won't give you more than a 2nd for him"

Mark my words, if Hemsky is traded, either a 1st, high end prospect, or promising young roster player are going back the other way (with the possibility of additions being added)

notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote