HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2012, 11:17 AM
stlweir

vCash: 500
A lot of questions will be answered in the next 6 weeks. We now have new ownership and are looking at some upper management changes but it appears Armstrong/Hitch are in place to stay. We'll have a better idea of a budget and how that effects F/A signings. We should also know if the tank is coming which will also effect potential moves. I'm anxious to see what Armstrong has up his sleeve and what draft day has in store for Blues fans.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Avs71

Avs fan in peace here. I'm just curious about Jackman. He seems to be the least talked about UFA defenceman. Did him and Johnson play together much in St. Louis? And if so, what was the result? I'd assume he is underwhelming on the first pairing as I'm sure a Jackman-Pietrangelo pairing has been done and failed, seeing as he is a left-handed defenceman. I'm not sure I'd want the Avs to go for him because lets face it, if Pietrangelo can't make him look acceptable on the top pairing, then who could. But as it stands, Hunwick/Wilson would be penciled in on the Avs top pairing if they don't make any moves, so he would no doubt be an upgrade.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Jackman is great when he is in his proper role. That is not as a top pairing defenseman.

I love the guy and would like to see him back, but not as a top pairing guy.

I think anyone who would sign him to fill that role will be ultimately disappointed.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Thallis
DO I LOOK ANGRY

vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Avs fan in peace here. I'm just curious about Jackman. He seems to be the least talked about UFA defenceman. Did him and Johnson play together much in St. Louis? And if so, what was the result? I'd assume he is underwhelming on the first pairing as I'm sure a Jackman-Pietrangelo pairing has been done and failed, seeing as he is a left-handed defenceman. I'm not sure I'd want the Avs to go for him because lets face it, if Pietrangelo can't make him look acceptable on the top pairing, then who could. But as it stands, Hunwick/Wilson would be penciled in on the Avs top pairing if they don't make any moves, so he would no doubt be an upgrade.
He did not play with Johnson, was pretty much always with Brewer.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Well that's that then. Thank you.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:10 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
That's false. Jackman-EJ played together on the 2nd pairing much like Jackman-Shatty.

They were decent together but Jackman is a 2nd pairing guy...isn't made for the top pairing.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:35 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
That's false. Jackman-EJ played together on the 2nd pairing much like Jackman-Shatty.

They were decent together but Jackman is a 2nd pairing guy...isn't made for the top pairing.
Johnson played with McKee his rookie season and Brewer in the other seasons.

Jackman was with Pietrangelo during his rookie season and paired with Polak during the other season we had Johnson.

Jackman only played a little with Johnson during his rookie season.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:14 PM
BleedBlue42

Jordan Staal

Anyone down for a Perron + D'agostini for Jordan Staal.

Staal might not seem like an offensive player, but he had a higher PPG than Perron this year, and he plays incredible defensive, and I think he would shine in Hitchcock's defensive minded strategy.

If not, who do you think we should trade for Staal?

Old
06-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Nope...Perron for Nathan Beaulieu+ or Marc Staal

But Stewart+ or Oshie for Jordan Staal would work for me.

..but only if we can land both.

Perron, Oshie and a pick/prospect out
Staal, Staal, Schwartz & Tarasenko in

That will work for me.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:22 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

They probably wouldn't be interested in Dags, so we would have to offer something more with Perron.

To be honest, I'd love Staal and I'm someone who first brought up moving Perron for a center, but Staal will get a massive contract, especially if he puts offensive numbers up again. Selke defense and 60-70 points to go with a young age will get an absolute crapton on the open market. Oh and he also provides size. The best thing about his offense is that the majority of it comes from even strength.

So all in all, I'd love to have him, but he is going to get 6 million plus a season.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:25 PM
BleedBlue42

Marc Staal would be perfect to play with Pietrangelo. I'd like to focus on Jordan though because we do need another Center since Arnott probably won't sign.

I am down with Stewart + Diagistini for Jordan Staal. No way I'd give up Oshie. His work ethic is too crucial.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:27 PM
BleedBlue42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
They probably wouldn't be interested in Dags, so we would have to offer something more with Perron.

To be honest, I'd love Staal and I'm someone who first brought up moving Perron for a center, but Staal will get a massive contract, especially if he puts offensive numbers up again. Selke defense and 60-70 points to go with a young age will get an absolute crapton on the open market. Oh and he also provides size. The best thing about his offense is that the majority of it comes from even strength.

So all in all, I'd love to have him, but he is going to get 6 million plus a season.
that is true. he would be a bit expensive. maybe if we rebound significantly financially.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:27 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Pens fan here -

I definitely liked the talks that had Oshie or Stewart in a trade for Staal. Both would fit well in Pittsburgh. And I agree that Staal would excel in St. Louis and in Hitchcocks style of play.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
BleedBlue42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
Pens fan here -

I definitely liked the talks that had Oshie or Stewart in a trade for Staal. Both would fit well in Pittsburgh. And I agree that Staal would excel in St. Louis and in Hitchcocks style of play.
I wish Jordan wasn't so expensive. He would be perfect for us.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:30 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredBrathwaite View Post
Marc Staal would be perfect to play with Pietrangelo. I'd like to focus on Jordan though because we do need another Center since Arnott probably won't sign.

I am down with Stewart + Diagistini for Jordan Staal. No way I'd give up Oshie. His work ethic is too crucial.
The Penguins would never do that. They will get much better offers if Staal is made available and he apparently is.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:31 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Nope...Perron for Nathan Beaulieu+ or Marc Staal

But Stewart+ or Oshie for Jordan Staal would work for me.

..but only if we can land both.

Perron, Oshie and a pick/prospect out
Staal, Staal, Schwartz & Tarasenko in

That will work for me.
How do you plan on paying them?

Old
06-13-2012, 03:33 PM
BleedBlue42

Quote:
The Penguins would never do that. They will get much better offers if Staal is made available and he apparently is.
Never said they would. Just said that I was okay with it lol.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
How do you plan on paying them?
Cola/Jax, Oshie/Stewart, Perron, Arnott, Huskins going out

Jordan, Marc and 2 rookies coming in. It's going to be pretty close to a wash. And once Jordan gets his raise, Andy Mac will come off the books. It's certainly doable...moreso than bringing in a UFA which would keep some of the potential non-traded player's salaries on the books.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Cola/Jax, Oshie/Stewart, Perron, Arnott, Huskins going out

Jordan, Marc and 2 rookies coming in. It's going to be pretty close to a wash. And once Jordan gets his raise, Andy Mac will come off the books. It's certainly doable...moreso than bringing in a UFA which would keep some of the potential non-traded player's salaries on the books.
Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk say hello. Maybe in a couple of season we can do something like that, but not now. We have to wait until we are stable and then profitable to make the moves that you are wanting to do. I suspect we won't have that option for another 2 years, maybe next offseason, but I'd expect the summer after.

We need a good playoff performance this upcoming season to be able to further raise ticket prices to competitive levels and gain the additional playoff revenue.

I think we can add 1 high priced player. I also think Pittsburgh and New York would want more than you think. Other teams will probably offer more than us for Staal, and the Rangers don't have to trade Staal.

Edit: I guess it would work after looking at Staal's contract and when it ends, but I think it just means he has more trade value.

Old
06-13-2012, 04:21 PM
letmesleep

The only RFAs I would consider trading for Jordan Staal are Stewy and D'Agostini. Staal will be a UFA after the end of this season. Giving up a core piece to potentially only have one season of Staal (who will command a BIG contract on the open market) isn't the way you make this team competitive over a number of years. Stewy for Staal is the only trade that makes sense for these teams. Maybe add a pick or McRae if it is close.

Old
06-13-2012, 06:40 PM
HooliganX2

Not as fun of an option but why not wait it out and see if he makes to to free agency that way we get him without gutting out team. I'm just not willing to give up much for a player that could very well walk as an UFA.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Trap City

Mark me down as a no for that trade. I don't want to trade Perron or Oshie. I think we've seen Perron just touch his potential. Call me crazy, but I just don't see Jordan Staal as enough of an upgrade over Backes to justify giving up our most offensively talented young forward to get him.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:39 PM
pricer502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Mark me down as a no for that trade. I don't want to trade Perron or Oshie. I think we've seen Perron just touch his potential. Call me crazy, but I just don't see Jordan Staal as enough of an upgrade over Backes to justify giving up our most offensively talented young forward to get him.
I respesct you not wanting to get rid of perron but staal would be a huge upgrade over perron. Imagine being able to roll two lines one featuring backes and one featuring staal two selke caliber forwards to shut down the other teams scoring lines.

Games Goals A +- TOI Sogs Hits
Perron 57 21 21 19 18:17 114 32
Staal 62 25 25 11 20:03 149 101

Sorry cant get the stat cats. to line up

Last edited by pricer502: 06-13-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old
06-13-2012, 07:56 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Well wait a minute. Staal was 25/25 in 62 games, Perron was 21/21 in 57 games. If he'd had 62 games we're looking at 23/23 in 62. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Pittsburgh's offense is slightly more dynamic than the Blues' offense and that just maybe one extra point per month of the season accounts for that.

Point is you can't look purely at stats to evaluate this trade. This would be a decision based on positional need, not offensive potential. Staal is bigger and a better defensive player, no doubt, but he's also in a different role.

Old
06-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Blues0307

If we're making a trade this summer, I'd much rather trade Oshie than Perron. I like Perron's offensive skill more and feel that with Oshie's playing style, he's going to have a tough time staying healthy as he gets older.

Closed Thread