HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

vCash: 50
JR just posted the Blues interested in Garrison http://twitter.com/#!/jprutherford

Quote:
Scuttlebutt in PITT is #stlblues do have interest in Florida UFA dman Jason Garrison. To date no team has inquired about trading for rights

Old
06-22-2012, 07:40 PM
rahjmahogany*

vCash: 500
Blues trade Ian Cole, Jaden Schwartz, first round pick and second rounder to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan and a second rounder.

Last edited by rahjmahogany*: 06-22-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: grammatical errors
Old
06-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahjmahogany View Post
Blues trade Ian Cole, Jaden Schwartz, first round pick and second rounder to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan and a second rounder.
Is this a trade rumor or suggestion?

If it is a rumor, we need a source.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:22 PM
rahjmahogany*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Is this a trade rumor or suggestion?

If it is a rumor, we need a source.
Just a suggestion. What do you guys think?

Old
06-23-2012, 12:34 AM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahjmahogany View Post
If the Blues could get Bobby Ryan without having to give up anyone important off the current roster, I would be very happy. Losing Schwartz would hurt but gaining Ryan would be amazing. I highly doubt Anaheim would do that trade though, I think they would be looking for more proven players.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

I would try and avoid losing Cole, simply due to the shortage of LHD, and he's just about ready to come into his own. We've done a great job bringing him along and not rushing him. That being said, if we could swing this trade after July, in which we've signed a LHD or just any top 4 Dman through FA, I would feel alot better. It would be hard to give up Jaden, but likely worth it.

I would counter in the mean time with something like Stewart, Schwartz, 2nd for Ryan. Maybe upgrade the 2nd to a 1st. Or another option might be instead of Schwartz, center it around Rattie, 1st and a roster player like D'agostini.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

I'd like to add I would much rather go after Yandle, and being willing to give up a little more. Is Schwartz, Stewart, 1st, Cole too much?

Old
06-23-2012, 12:54 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dangles View Post
I'd like to add I would much rather go after Yandle, and being willing to give up a little more. Is Schwartz, Stewart, 1st, Cole too much?
Yes. They don't want or need D bodies, the whole point is they need to creat ice time for all these guys like Gormley, Rundblad, Gonacharov and Murphy coming up through the system. They lose Roszival but gain Michalek so that's a wash. They also have young guys like Stone, Schlemko and Summers who can play, so Cole would not be going in a Yandle deal (I'd be shocked).

Old
06-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Yes. They don't want or need D bodies, the whole point is they need to creat ice time for all these guys like Gormley, Rundblad, Gonacharov and Murphy coming up through the system. They lose Roszival but gain Michalek so that's a wash. They also have young guys like Stone, Schlemko and Summers who can play, so Cole would not be going in a Yandle deal (I'd be shocked).
Well that's good to know, as I would rather keep Cole like I earlier mentioned. A top 4 of Pie, Shatty, Yandle, and then Jackman/Cole is fantastic. Most PHX fans seem to want the moon for him, and claim that these rumors are the media blowing smoke. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I would think Schwartz (or even Rattie) a 1st and a decent roster player has got to be close.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:09 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Well that's good to know, as I would rather keep Cole like I earlier mentioned. A top 4 of Pie, Shatty, Yandle, and then Jackman/Cole is fantastic. Most PHX fans seem to want the moon for him, and claim that these rumors are the media blowing smoke. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I would think Schwartz (or even Rattie) a 1st and a decent roster player has got to be close.
McKenzie just tweeted that the Coyotes have seemingly pulled pack from discussions about dealing Yandle. They are clearly looking for a top center, which the Blues do not have an ability to move. As things stand the Blues probably inquired but whatever offer they may have made doesn't match what the Coyotes need.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:03 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

With the possibility of Pietrangelo playing on the left being realistic, I wonder if there would be interest in Schenn. I know Strickland tweeted that we were talking to the Leafs, but that probably doesn't mean anything.

After everything is settled, I just hope Cole has a spot in the top 6 or he is moved in a trade. I am sick of them messing around with his development. As much as I loved Russell's playoff performance, I'd almost rather him be moved or be our 7th, so Cole can play. And I really hope Hitch doesn't try a Jackman-Polak pairing because it would be just sad watching them try to move the puck up the ice.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Ignore42me*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
With the possibility of Pietrangelo playing on the left being realistic, I wonder if there would be interest in Schenn. I know Strickland tweeted that we were talking to the Leafs, but that probably doesn't mean anything.

After everything is settled, I just hope Cole has a spot in the top 6 or he is moved in a trade. I am sick of them messing around with his development. As much as I loved Russell's playoff performance, I'd almost rather him be moved or be our 7th, so Cole can play. And I really hope Hitch doesn't try a Jackman-Polak pairing because it would be just sad watching them try to move the puck up the ice.
Schenn got moved to Philly for JVR. Cole will have to work to be in the Top 6 like Hitch and Army have said. Our D pairings have pretty solid chemistry that shouldnt be messed with until Cole is ready to play consistently in the Top 6. Either way i expect him to get resonable playing time though.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:18 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignore42me View Post
Schenn got moved to Philly for JVR. Cole will have to work to be in the Top 6 like Hitch and Army have said. Our D pairings have pretty solid chemistry that shouldnt be messed with until Cole is ready to play consistently in the Top 6. Either way i expect him to get resonable playing time though.
Yeah, that trade was made like a half hour after that post lol.

Cole has shown that he's NHL ready. He should either play or be moved. He is 23 and will turn 24 during next season, his time has come. He can't be a part time player because that won't help his development. Either move him in a deal for a youngish top 4 LH dman or give him the inside shot at playing full time.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:33 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

According to Strickland, he says Armstrong said we can add a big salary guy like Bouwmeester, but will have to be creative to make it work.

This leads me to believe that we will probably only be adding 1 player this summer. By creative, I think that means a couple smaller deals like moving Crombeen and D'Agostini to drop a little unnecessary salary.

Not sure if Bouwmeester was just Strickland or Armstrong mentioned him, but he could be a great partner for Pietrangelo, and wouldn't cost a ton in a trade.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Ignore42me*

Quote:
According to Strickland, he says Armstrong said we can add a big salary guy like Bouwmeester, but will have to be creative to make it work.

This leads me to believe that we will probably only be adding 1 player this summer. By creative, I think that means a couple smaller deals like moving Crombeen and D'Agostini to drop a little unnecessary salary.

Not sure if Bouwmeester was just Strickland or Armstrong mentioned him, but he could be a great partner for Pietrangelo, and wouldn't cost a ton in a trade.
Where is that?

Old
06-24-2012, 11:53 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignore42me View Post
Where is that?
Twitter.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Harley83

Quote:
I would try and avoid losing Cole, simply due to the shortage of LHD, and he's just about ready to come into his own. We've done a great job bringing him along and not rushing him. That being said, if we could swing this trade after July, in which we've signed a LHD or just any top 4 Dman through FA, I would feel alot better. It would be hard to give up Jaden, but likely worth it.

I would counter in the mean time with something like Stewart, Schwartz, 2nd for Ryan. Maybe upgrade the 2nd to a 1st. Or another option might be instead of Schwartz, center it around Rattie, 1st and a roster player like D'agostini.
I also like having Cole around in case of injuries at LD like the Blues had problems with last season. I think once Cole gets over the jitters he'll probably have a roster spot in the pros whether if it's with St. Louis or not.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Alklha

Quote:

I would assume that by getting creative means over the next year, and not this offseason. Our salary will rise significantly next season, so that is likely where any problems would arise and not with out team this season.

Getting creative would take more than just dropping D'Agostini and Crombeen if the problem is money for next season.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
I would assume that by getting creative means over the next year, and not this offseason. Our salary will rise significantly next season, so that is likely where any problems would arise and not with out team this season.

Getting creative would take more than just dropping D'Agostini and Crombeen if the problem is money for next season.
He might mean getting creative with a contract...i.e. front/back loaded.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
He might mean getting creative with a contract...i.e. front/back loaded.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is our business model to backload every contract; we'll find out with Oshie and Perron. Not a bad way of working things, but it can create headaches.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:05 PM
WhatASaveDave

Gunnarson and Lombardi for Mcdonald ?

Old
06-24-2012, 06:43 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

They really better not trade for Bouwmeester. Worst of both worlds. WAY expensive and the wrong player. The guy just isn't competitive enough.

Old
06-24-2012, 08:22 PM
smalt021

Polak and Rattie for Ryan

Old
06-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Ignore42me*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalt021 View Post
Polak and Rattie for Ryan
Dont open the Roman Polak door. Anaheim says no thanks

Old
06-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahjmahogany
Blues trade Ian Cole, Jaden Schwartz, first round pick and second rounder to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan and a second rounder ... Just a suggestion. What do you guys think?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I think it's a major overpayment for a player that does not fill the Blues' need for a 2-3 center.

Closed Thread