HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillflexin View Post
I would really like a 3rd or 4th hell even a 5th from TB for Bishop just because I want to see Big Ben in a Lightning's jersey, but I feel as if he won't be moved until the offseason.
I feel the exact same way man lol.

I hope he's a member of the Lightning next season too

Old
02-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
While I believe its unlikely the Flames would move him, if he were available do you think the Blues would show any interest in him?

Old
02-26-2012, 11:43 AM
trevorftw
Voice of Reason

vCash: 200
how about johnny oduya from the jets. his contract is bad, but hes an ufa after this season an could be had for cheap.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
While I believe its unlikely the Flames would move him, if he were available do you think the Blues would show any interest in him?
I'm guessing you are referring to Iginla?

I don't think the Blues would want to pay the price Calgary would ask

Old
02-26-2012, 12:54 PM
ComradeRuskie

So, with this Bishop trade, does it mean that Elliott or Halak aren't going anywhere?
Maybe it will stop those Elliott/Halak to Toronto rumours...

Old
02-26-2012, 01:04 PM
rgree23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRuskie View Post
So, with this Bishop trade, does it mean that Elliott or Halak aren't going anywhere?
Maybe it will stop those Elliott/Halak to Toronto rumours...
I heard that we are going to package Halak and Elliot and send them to Toronto for Phil Kessel, and Jake Allen will be our starting goalie.

Last edited by rgree23: 02-26-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old
02-26-2012, 02:14 PM
oPlaiD

If Calgary becomes sellers, what about Jokinen? He's having a good year and he's only signed for this season at $3 million, so it isn't a huge cost. Should be able to rent him for some draft picks or something.

I have not watched him play much this season, but he's been scoring and we definitely need some help somewhere. Just a random thought.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:18 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
If Calgary becomes sellers, what about Jokinen? He's having a good year and he's only signed for this season at $3 million, so it isn't a huge cost. Should be able to rent him for some draft picks or something.

I have not watched him play much this season, but he's been scoring and we definitely need some help somewhere. Just a random thought.
Reports have said that Calgary won't trade him. Calgary will stick to their usual plan of keeping their more valuable players, only to finish at the bottom of the playoff seeds or just on the outside.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Blues83

Throwing an idea out there:

Dustin Brown to St. Louis

Chris Stewart to LA

Brown's on a great contract and although slightly smaller, plays a more physical game. Dreaming of him and Backes on a line together...

Old
02-26-2012, 02:54 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues83 View Post
Throwing an idea out there:

Dustin Brown to St. Louis

Chris Stewart to LA

Brown's on a great contract and although slightly smaller, plays a more physical game. Dreaming of him and Backes on a line together...
Currently we have to add. Even though Stewart can become the better player.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:31 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

How about Stewart and Hensick or Cracknell For Dustin Brown.

You guys think that's enough or would they prefer a draft pick?

Old
02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post

I would think that is not enough. We're talking about their David Backes

Old
02-26-2012, 06:43 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
I would think that is not enough. We're talking about their David Backes
How about Stewart, Mcrae and a 4th for Dustin Brown

Old
02-26-2012, 06:44 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post

Those players have no value. They would definitely prefer a pick over those players. Brown isn't the player we should be targeting IMO though. He just doesn't fill a need.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
It would take more the Chris Stewart and a middling prospect. Other teams have a bigger need for a Dustin Brown type player, and in turn will be willing to offer quite a bit for him. He would be a great player to pick up, but he isn't the type of player we should be overpaying for.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:05 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Shark fans are absolutely hilarious. They want a firesale now. I guess they finally realized that it wasn't just the bad ice and refs.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:19 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Shark fans are absolutely hilarious. They want a firesale now. I guess they finally realized that it wasn't just the bad ice and refs.
They are the most bipolar fanbase in the entire NHL. When they are losing it's "Trade Marleau! Thanks for everything but he sucks now!" and when they are winning it's "LOL AT JEREMY ROENICK YEAH MARLEAU IS REALLY "GUTLESS" HAHA HE PROVED YOU WRONG IDIOT" even though they were all saying the same thing.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:18 PM
BadgersandBlues

If we can get Dustin Brown for Stewart and a pick (or two) I pull that deal no question. Even if it's a first. Maybe do something like we did with Colorado where we swap our first with their second this year vs. next year based on if they make the playoffs or not. I believe Stewart has the better upside, but Brown is no slouch, and is -much- more consistent at this time, something the Blues desperately need out of their top 6, much more so (imo) then upside. Brown plays a bigger man's game, and Stewart consistently plays a smaller man's game.

With our Russian Jesus coming over next year, I would honestly rather have Brown, his cost controlled contract, and his tenacity over Stewart and his "Will he play?" unreliability. (Remember, it's now been two franchises that has seen his sleepwalking through long stretches.)

Old
02-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Stillflexin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
They are the most bipolar fanbase in the entire NHL. When they are losing it's "Trade Marleau! Thanks for everything but he sucks now!" and when they are winning it's "LOL AT JEREMY ROENICK YEAH MARLEAU IS REALLY "GUTLESS" HAHA HE PROVED YOU WRONG IDIOT" even though they were all saying the same thing.
I vote for Leafs fans

As far as Stewart+Pick+Prospect not named Tarasenko, Schwartz, Rattie, I would do in a heartbeat. I know some of you think he has been stepping up his game the past few games but I really haven't seen that much of a difference. He always looks like he is just drifting out there.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:33 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillflexin View Post
I vote for Leafs fans

As far as Stewart+Pick+Prospect not named Tarasenko, Schwartz, Rattie, I would do in a heartbeat. I know some of you think he has been stepping up his game the past few games but I really haven't seen that much of a difference. He always looks like he is just drifting out there.
Yeah Leafs fans are bad. Just annoying that they think every player in the NHL either wants to play for them or will be playing for them within a year.

Anyways, excited for tomorrow. Any wishlists? Not sure all the players who are available but I wouldn't mind a combo of guys like Bryan Allen and T.J. Galiardi or 2 players kind of like them. Only expecting 1 though (or 0, but I just hope we acquire someone).

Old
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Stillflexin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Yeah Leafs fans are bad. Just annoying that they think every player in the NHL either wants to play for them or will be playing for them within a year.

Anyways, excited for tomorrow. Any wishlists? Not sure all the players who are available but I wouldn't mind a combo of guys like Bryan Allen and T.J. Galiardi or 2 players kind of like them. Only expecting 1 though (or 0, but I just hope we acquire someone).
Sidney Crosby is being traded to us for Jonathan Cheechoo and a conditional 5th round. But seriously I doubt we do anything, I think the Bishop trade is all we do.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Would anyone here give up David Backes for Chris Stewart + a prospect not named Tarasenko/Schwartz/Rattie?

Shouldn't expect LA to give up their version of the guy either

Old
02-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Would anyone here give up David Backes for Chris Stewart + a prospect not named Tarasenko/Schwartz/Rattie?

Shouldn't expect LA to give up their version of the guy either
I would wager Backes has more worth to the Blues than Brown has to the Kings. For example, LA has forwards named Richards, Carter now and lets not forget Kopitar. Who compare to those three on the Blues? That doesn't mean they should expect a small return.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:03 AM
BadgersandBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I would wager Backes has more worth to the Blues than Brown has to the Kings. For example, LA has forwards named Richards, Carter now and lets not forget Kopitar. Who compare to those three on the Blues? That doesn't mean they should expect a small return.
Yea, Brown to Backes isn't apples to apples. LA has a bunch of pretty darn good forwards now that they have Carter. That doesn't mean they will trade Brown for a bag of pucks, but if Brown and management aren't seeing eye to eye, Stewart plus a first and perhaps TB's 3rd for for Brown and LA's 2nd isn't too bad of a return.....I mean Carter was only Jack Johnson and a 1st.....(I know, not apples to apples either ^.^)

Old
02-27-2012, 02:05 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Tweet from JR earlier in case anyone missed it:

Army: “I have a clear understanding of what I want to accomplish & if we can do that great & if we cant we’ll move forward w/ what we have”

Closed Thread