HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
The Blues are so good, they didn't need to make a move.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:03 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
I believe the players need to be on the roster that day by 5:00PM EST to be eligible for the playoffs(PTO's for sure and possibly emergency call ups are exempt). I can look it up when I get home from work this evening to verify. Keep an eye out on the Riv's Facebook page they may post something about it, P_B may also know if he sees these comments.
Thanks. That's what I thought, just didn't know the exact rule. I kinda hope P_B sees it, pretty sure he would know.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Stillflexin*

vCash: 500
We may not have made a trade but Strickland just tweeted.

@andystrickland
There's the option of the #Blues adding a Jaden Schwartz late this season if they so choose

Old
02-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Probably not a good idea

Old
02-27-2012, 03:07 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillflexin View Post
We may not have made a trade but Strickland just tweeted.

@andystrickland
There's the option of the #Blues adding a Jaden Schwartz late this season if they so choose
Would definitely be interesting if Steen isn't able to return. I put the chances of us actually adding Schwartz for the playoffs at slim. If we are far enough ahead of Nashville and can't catch Detroit, maybe we give him some games at the end of the season, to see if he can play in the playoffs.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:10 PM
BadgersandBlues

No way we should blow a year of his ELC for just the playoffs. That's the height of short-sightedness.

I actually think we should give him another year in college, and then have him slide into AMac's spot once his contract expires. Otherwise we need to make a trade, and what's the value of a guy who's one hit away from retiring?

Old
02-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

I don't understand Vancouver trading Hodgson

Old
02-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Stillflexin*

My real question is, if Schwartz is eligible to come over late in the season, does that make Tarasenko eligible as well?

Old
02-27-2012, 03:15 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillflexin View Post
My real question is, if Schwartz is eligible to come over late in the season, does that make Tarasenko eligible as well?
He's eligible, but it's pretty much certain that he will play in the World Championships.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:17 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post
No way we should blow a year of his ELC for just the playoffs. That's the height of short-sightedness.

I actually think we should give him another year in college, and then have him slide into AMac's spot once his contract expires. Otherwise we need to make a trade, and what's the value of a guy who's one hit away from retiring?
He's turning pro next season, just depends if he plays with the big club or at Peoria.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:24 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

So, Hensick can return to Peoria at any point and will be on their playoff roster, Cole will remain with the Blues the rest of the season, and Strickland said the Blues aren't just bleeding financially, but they are hemorrhaging. We really need stable ownership fast, it could get real ugly in the off season. If we have to strip this team because of financial issues, I'm done with hockey.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Stillflexin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
So, Hensick can return to Peoria at any point and will be on their playoff roster, Cole will remain with the Blues the rest of the season, and Strickland said the Blues aren't just bleeding financially, but they are hemorrhaging. We really need stable ownership fast, it could get real ugly in the off season. If we have to strip this team because of financial issues, I'm done with hockey.
If it's the case, injuries screw us yet another season.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:34 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Stillman has to save this team now. Quebec has been prepping for something like this...I just didn't think it'd be the Blues that are in trouble again.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Ugh ownership issues again........

Old
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Meh. Nashville overpaid for 3d line depth. Now, depth is important, but If the Blues had traded a first for Gaustad and a fourth that woud have been awful. Andrei Kostitsyn is just a big bag of meh.

Chicago got Oduya for a high price but that team is still in big trouble. Detroit didn't do very much (not that they needed to). Vancouver got Sami Pahlsson which was solid for them but I still think the Blues (were they to meet Vancouver in the 2d or 3d round) match up pretty well against the Canucks in style of play. Vancouver has trouble with Nashville/Boston type teams.

Basically most teams did next to nothing. Nashville paid a premium for adding depth and desperately needs to get out of the first round now or they will lose credibility with their free agents. The Blues could put them out. Remember, Halak could steal the show in his first return and if he falters Elliott is right there to make his own mark.

San Jose did well for themselves to add Winnik. Still, they are led by a near Tkachukian figure in Thornton, have bad goaltending, and are easily thwarted by bad ice, so I'm not too worried about their playoff damage potential.

All in all, kind of a big meh if you ask me. The Hodgson/Kassian trade was the fascinating one but that's not going to turn anyone's fate this year very likely.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Lucifer T Longfellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Meh. Nashville overpaid for 3d line depth. Now, depth is important, but If the Blues had traded a first for Gaustad and a fourth that woud have been awful. Andrei Kostitsyn is just a big bag of meh.

Chicago got Oduya for a high price but that team is still in big trouble. Detroit didn't do very much (not that they needed to). Vancouver got Sami Pahlsson which was solid for them but I still think the Blues (were they to meet Vancouver in the 2d or 3d round) match up pretty well against the Canucks in style of play. Vancouver has trouble with Nashville/Boston type teams.

Basically most teams did next to nothing. Nashville paid a premium for adding depth and desperately needs to get out of the first round now or they will lose credibility with their free agents. The Blues could put them out. Remember, Halak could steal the show in his first return and if he falters Elliott is right there to make his own mark.

San Jose did well for themselves to add Winnik. Still, they are led by a near Tkachukian figure in Thornton, have bad goaltending, and are easily thwarted by bad ice, so I'm not too worried about their playoff damage potential.

All in all, kind of a big meh if you ask me. The Hodgson/Kassian trade was the fascinating one but that's not going to turn anyone's fate this year very likely.
I agree with you, for the most part I do not think that much happened to make me think that our chances are significantly worse now than they were before. Nash is still in Columbus and not in Nashville, Vancouver, Chicago and San Jose. Parise is still in NJ and not in Detroit. Outside of Carter, there were no really big moves and LA gave up a major component off their team to get him. For the Blues to be forced to sit back and watch the action, it could have been much worse.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:07 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Stillman has to save this team now. Quebec has been prepping for something like this...I just didn't think it'd be the Blues that are in trouble again.
Come on. The Blues aren't moving. The hockey market is far too established. The league would prevent a Blues move far more than a Coyotes move, and they've worked like crazy to keep Phoenix in place.

They do need an owner but the alarmist rhetoric on the Blues leaving is completely insupportable.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:13 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Come on. The Blues aren't moving. The hockey market is far too established. The league would prevent a Blues move far more than a Coyotes move, and they've worked like crazy to keep Phoenix in place.

They do need an owner but the alarmist rhetoric on the Blues leaving is completely insupportable.
I wouldn't say it's likely, but I also wouldn't say it won't happen.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Lucifer T Longfellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
If this is true than my guess is that a new owner isn't come in here and all of a sudden start making a profit. The team is closer to the floor than not and the team is in the upper half in attendance, not to mention on their way to the post season.

I guess we are looking for someone who can absorb the loss better?

Does anyone know if the Blues still pay a higher rate of taxes compared to the Cardinals and Rams? I was under the impression that once the Kiel was renovated that things might change on that front.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Superscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
I don't understand Vancouver trading Hodgson
Hodgson is going to be a top 6 player who can't get that ice in Vancouver with H. Sedin and Kessler ahead of him. He'll get that opportunity with Buffalo, as well as bigger PP time. Still, it's gotta be stinging for Hodgson.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

When can Schwartz play for us/Peoria?

Old
02-27-2012, 04:59 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer T Longfellow View Post
If this is true than my guess is that a new owner isn't come in here and all of a sudden start making a profit. The team is closer to the floor than not and the team is in the upper half in attendance, not to mention on their way to the post season.

I guess we are looking for someone who can absorb the loss better?

Does anyone know if the Blues still pay a higher rate of taxes compared to the Cardinals and Rams? I was under the impression that once the Kiel was renovated that things might change on that front.
Just from the sounds of this, I hope we can resign all the talent we already have in the off-season.

Nevermind going to get someone else!

Here's to hoping that the playoffs help (at least in part) generate enough revenue just to keep what we have.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:59 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
A lengthy playoff run would do wonders for the Blues' bottom line.

Old
02-27-2012, 05:34 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superscout View Post
Hodgson is going to be a top 6 player who can't get that ice in Vancouver with H. Sedin and Kessler ahead of him. He'll get that opportunity with Buffalo, as well as bigger PP time. Still, it's gotta be stinging for Hodgson.
Kassian should be decent in his own right, and plays wing.

Old
02-27-2012, 05:35 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

This team was hemorrhaging money back when Laurie owned the team, he was just so rich, it didn't bother him as much in the beginning. I am at least a little bit worried about the future of the club. It would be an atrocity for the NHL to lose a franchise with the amount of tradition that we have.

Like I said before, our books have to be pathetic. The people in control of the financials should be slapped in the face. One thing is for sure though, ticket prices next season will go up significantly.

Closed Thread