HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 3 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST) Can a brother get a top 30 forward ?

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 07:54 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
So they have first line talent. We have the best defensive pairing and possibly the best goalie in the NHL. What's your point?.
The point? I think they (DET/VAN) are still the favorites in the West. Yes, we have 2 of the best defenseman in the world. Both of them have extremely deep defenses as well (deeper than us). Goal is always a big question... if Pekka can play at the highest end of his game and Howard/Luongo slump...

It certainly will be our best chance, but they are still the top 2 favorites in the west. STL/SJS/CHI have to be considered around our the same realm as us.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Building a good team is half the battle. Next step is do well in the playoffs. That will speak larger than anything to Weber/Suter
well thats up to the players to play their best especially weber and suter, the leaders an of course the all mighty commanders (of great talent addition ). Hopefully weber and suter are as excited as me about these upcoming playoffs...

Old
02-27-2012, 10:52 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
well thats up to the players to play their best especially weber and suter, the leaders an of course the all mighty commanders (of great talent addition ). Hopefully weber and suter are as excited as me about these upcoming playoffs...
Lately Weber/Suter haven't been so hot on the defensive side of things. A lot of stepping up by Hal Gill, Josi, Hillen, Boullion, Klein, and Ellis has helped them...but I'd like to see our two towers start to shut-down people again. Lately they look like they're taking plays off and then all the sudden they get out hustled to things.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:36 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Lately Weber/Suter haven't been so hot on the defensive side of things. A lot of stepping up by Hal Gill, Josi, Hillen, Boullion, Klein, and Ellis has helped them...but I'd like to see our two towers start to shut-down people again. Lately they look like they're taking plays off and then all the sudden they get out hustled to things.
The last week or so, seems like they are on the ice a lot when goals are given up. I don't have the energy to go through the stats, but I'll bet they've been in front of Pekka for at least half of the goals the last 4-5 games.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:42 AM
maplepred

Even if we did overpay, no team added more to themselves than we did! Ready for playoffs!!!

Old
02-28-2012, 09:37 AM
maplepred

Top six after deadline looks solid, bottom six looks unreal

Old
02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
A question for the naysayers on the pickups: if CBJ were willing to move Carter within the division do you give up Josi and a strong prospect plus the #1 pick for him?

If not, Poile did as well as he could, given the activity that took place, cause Carter is the only guy that moved that you can consider a true upgrade for our O and a top 3 type guy we all want.

PO results are on the players, not Poile, not Trotz. Poile's job is to give Trotz the best assets he can, Trotz job is to get them ready. As someone already recapped, Poile got the big Dman we needed, he got the big Cman we needed, he improved the PK, he added depth with another scorer. And they arguably were the best guys available, given the players that moved and the ones that were rumored available and stayed.

Now, if Trotz botches integrating AK and Goose, the bad is on him. Based on the past, I'd say he'll get them integrated just fine. Then, it's on Weber, Suter, Fisher, and Gill to make sure this team plays to it's potential in the POs.

Old
02-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I thought our acquisitions were great. I also think we really overpayed for Paul Gaustad. However, I do agree that Detroit likely offered their 2nd round pick, and we decided the 1st was worth keeping him away from Detroit and upgrading our lineup.

This forward corps should roll 4 tough lines continuously.

02-28-2012, 11:18 AM
maplepred

Didnt even think of what Detroit was offering, glad we got him and not them! Goose definitely makes it a ton harder to play against us.

Ak, sk, fish, legs, willy, and rat as top six is respectable, still lacks a go to guy but is definitely respectable.
I think what makes us scarier is our bottom six,
Goose, horny, spaling, Hali, smith and toots. Not to mention yip and bourque waiting in the wings.

And good luck scoring with rinne in net at best of times, let along having weber, suter, gill, josi, and cube in front of him, Not as excited about Klein, and hillen though,

Do you think Ellis plays in playoffs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I thought our acquisitions were great. I also think we really overpayed for Paul Gaustad. However, I do agree that Detroit likely offered their 2nd round pick, and we decided the 1st was worth keeping him away from Detroit and upgrading our lineup.

This forward corps should roll 4 tough lines continuously.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Jonesey
ba-na-naaaaaa

I feel that we did miss out on Jeff Carter, but I don't think that Howson would have taken anything we had to offer compared to JJ from LA.

Oh well, I am excited to see what the new additions can bring to the table, and get 2 more points tonight. With Detroit losing and STL winning, I'm scared of a 4-5 matchup with the Wings.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:31 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I feel that we did miss out on Jeff Carter, but I don't think that Howson would have taken anything we had to offer compared to JJ from LA.

Oh well, I am excited to see what the new additions can bring to the table, and get 2 more points tonight. With Detroit losing and STL winning, I'm scared of a 4-5 matchup with the Wings.
I wouldn't worry. I think St. Louis will be playing Detroit and we may have to face Chicago with home ice advantage.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Jonesey
ba-na-naaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
I wouldn't worry. I think St. Louis will be playing Detroit and we may have to face Chicago with home ice advantage.
I would love to face Chicago in the first round.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:41 PM
predwings

I'd like to face Chicago, St Louis, and Pheonix. I'd face the Avs too..if they make it.

I'd rather not face Vancouver, Detroit, SJS, or Dallas.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:52 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
How is that possible? Stlouis or us will most likely finish fourth and one of us or Detroit will finished in top three. Blackhawks may finish eight or seventh. No way we play hawks first round. Is definitely looking like blues, but we can crush them!!

Old
02-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Jonesey
ba-na-naaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
How is that possible? Stlouis or us will most likely finish fourth and one of us or Detroit will finished in top three. Blackhawks may finish eight or seventh. No way we play hawks first round. Is definitely looking like blues, but we can crush them!!
We could win the division.

Old
02-28-2012, 01:55 PM
maplepred

Does any other teams have as much depth as us??

Like we have two extra roster forwards (bourque and yip) and two extra roster defensemen (Ellis/bouillon and hillen). Insane! And we are the biggest we have ever been am I correct?

Old
02-28-2012, 02:02 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

Quote:
In your own reply you answered your question

Old
02-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Jonesey
ba-na-naaaaaa

Quote:
Does any other teams have as much depth as us??

Like we have two extra roster forwards (bourque and yip) and two extra roster defensemen (Ellis/bouillon and hillen). Insane! And we are the biggest we have ever been am I correct?
barring injuries, this may be the 2nd best team we've had going into the playoffs.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:08 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
barring injuries, this may be the 2nd best team we've had going into the playoffs.
this may not be as skilled as 06/07, but i'll take the character\heart of this team easily over a team with guys like kariya and arnott on it

Old
02-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Jonesey
ba-na-naaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
this may not be as skilled as 06/07, but i'll take the character\heart of this team easily over a team with guys like kariya and arnott on it
valid statement. I'll agree with you.

Old
02-28-2012, 02:43 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Winner!

Old
02-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Outsider who rarely posts, creeping in, thinks that Nashville is as much of a contender as Vancouver/Detroit. I compare the Predators to that Anaheim team that won everything with Neidermayer/Pronger. Yes, they did have Perry/Getzlaf up front, but the two were very green and far from what they are today. The lack of top end talent up front is pretty much neutralized when Weber/Suter step out there.

Old
02-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
The bottom 6 are significantly better. The defense is better. Goaltending is better. The top 6 is NOT better, but the top 6 was not healthy in that playoff series. This team is better, I agree.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:16 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
This. x 1000.

This team has some skill but also has that intangible gritty factor that's needed in the playoffs. I'm pumped. April can't come soon enough!

Old
02-28-2012, 05:55 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Haha! I see your point, lol.

Do you think we will beat wings and blues?? Maybe with this lineup! Hurricanes going down tonight!!

Closed Thread