HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 3 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST) Can a brother get a top 30 forward ?

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2012, 07:35 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
The bottom 6 are significantly better. The defense is better. Goaltending is better. The top 6 is NOT better, but the top 6 was not healthy in that playoff series. This team is better, I agree.
If this team goes into the play offs healthy it is a much better team than we have ever had in the postseason. However, there is a lot of hockey left. Let's hope we stay healthy...

Old
02-28-2012, 07:57 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
If this team goes into the play offs healthy it is a much better team than we have ever had in the postseason. However, there is a lot of hockey left. Let's hope we stay healthy...
I agree this is probably the best team we've had. 06'-07 would be the only comparison, but it's hard to compare the two.

However, just like in '06-07, there are plenty of equally or better teams (on paper) out there. Even if we get a 4/5 seed match up against STL, they are in the same realm as us and it's anybody's game really. And DET and VAN are obviously the favorites, on paper at least. CHI has stanley cup winning abilities if they can play to their potential. Nothing will be easy in the POs, including the 1st round. We keep hearing "cup run" "going for it all" etc, but I hope the players take it one game at a time. Most WCF PO teams are at least on par with us skill-wise and most have more PO experienced vets. One game at a time...

Old
02-28-2012, 11:43 PM
maplepred

With all the roster forwards now, does bourque get sent down?? Yip is 13th forward I assume?? Although bourque looked good tonight I heard! But would rather him play in Milwaukee rather than sit on bench in Nashville

Old
02-28-2012, 11:45 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
With all the roster forwards now, does bourque get sent down?? Yip is 13th forward I assume?? Although bourque looked good tonight I heard! But would rather him play in Milwaukee rather than sit on bench in Nashville
If we send him down, there's a reduced chance of him coming back. We get four recalls from Milwaukee from now through the end of the season, bouncing guys up and down quickly eats into those.

Old
02-28-2012, 11:49 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If we send him down, there's a reduced chance of him coming back. We get four recalls from Milwaukee from now through the end of the season, bouncing guys up and down quickly eats into those.
Did Ellis count as one on Monday?

Old
02-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Did Ellis count as one on Monday?
No, that was prior to the deadline...

Old
02-29-2012, 06:08 AM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
No, that was prior to the deadline...
Ok. Thanks slake.

Do you guys see anyone being actually sent down??

Any chance of seeing laakso? Must be playing decently in Milwaukee if his name was involved in Nash talks??

Old
02-29-2012, 07:59 AM
predwings

No reason to send anyone down right now. With the way the roster system works like others have explained...we shouldn't send anyone down who we might need. We eventually might send them down to be recalled...but we have only 4 of these remaining and using them up is not a good idea. Better to just ride what we have into the playoffs and go from there. I think Ellis was recalled before this for such a reason as they didn't want to use up one of the post-deadline recalls.

Old
02-29-2012, 06:16 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20120229

they should just rename their rag the "We Hate Nashville Hockey news"

Old
03-01-2012, 11:32 PM
maplepred

Meh! No big names were dealt except Carter and giving up one of suter or weber for him wasn't worth it all all and that's what kings wanted. Yeah the first rounder was rough for gaustad but the ak deal was great, I think we did best we could. Screw hockey news then lol

they should just rename their rag the "We Hate Nashville Hockey news"[/QUOTE]

Old
03-01-2012, 11:41 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20120229

THN is a joke I don't understand how they are still in business. Preds get deeper and address needs and they are "losers" Tampa Bay picks up two young often over hyped defensemen Keith Aulie and Brian Lee from Canadian teams and they are "winners".

Old
03-02-2012, 06:49 AM
maplepred

None of the hockey magazines really ever give us any deserved credit, we always get overlooked. If the leafs or wings had of added ak, goose and gill, they would be geniuses and on their way to a cup! Lol.

Well show hn! Playoffs here we come!!

Also, kind of cool to have brothers on the team, am I only one that thinks so??

Old
03-02-2012, 07:43 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
THN is a joke I don't understand how they are still in business. Preds get deeper and address needs and they are "losers" Tampa Bay picks up two young often over hyped defensemen Keith Aulie and Brian Lee from Canadian teams and they are "winners".
I love how Vancouver is a clear winner and Nashville is a clear loser. They also failed to mention Gill. Ken Campbell has such an addiction to hating Nashville that he completely ignores the holes that needed to be filled and the players that were actually moved when deciding how well the Preds did. What a moron.

This isn't copyright infringment, right?
Quote:
LOSER
Nashville Predators: I realize most people are putting the Predators in the winner category, but let’s see if I have this straight. They gave up a first round pick for a guy who has never scored more than 12 goals in a season and gave up a second for another one who has scored 12 goals this season and the Predators are big winners? These are the moves they made to convince Ryan Suter and Shea Weber that they’re serious about being a Stanley Cup contender? Was the trade deadline this bereft of deals that these are the kinds that make a winner?
There... now you only have to click this link... http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20120229 ...if you really want to (not that this site deserves traffic from Nashville fans)

Last edited by TMI: 03-02-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old
03-02-2012, 08:44 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Not only do they label Nashville as "losers" but they give a nod to Winnipeg as "winners"?? They claim friggin Clitsome off waivers and trade Johnny Oduya for two 2013 picks. Yay. Makes no sense.

Old
03-02-2012, 10:43 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Not only do they label Nashville as "losers" but they give a nod to Winnipeg as "winners"?? They claim friggin Clitsome off waivers and trade Johnny Oduya for two 2013 picks. Yay. Makes no sense.
I don't agree that we lost, although I think our winner/loser tag is determined by a strong second round showing.

However, I like what Winnipeg did. Lost no asset for Clitsome, who isn't terrible, and can be a useful player on a cheap deal. Really have no idea why Columbus waived him unless he was a cancer. And Oduya for 2 picks is solid, considering Oduya is barely a bottom 6 dman

Old
03-02-2012, 12:19 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

Also, kind of cool to have brothers on the team, am I only one that thinks so??
Breaks Poile's unofficial rule of keeping brothers apart

(Santorelli, O'Reilly.)

Old
03-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
If they were still the Thrashers no one would care one bit about those moves, but now they're Winnipeg so ohhhhhhhhh my God they're a winner.

Old
03-02-2012, 12:48 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I don't agree that we lost, although I think our winner/loser tag is determined by a strong second round showing.

However, I like what Winnipeg did. Lost no asset for Clitsome, who isn't terrible, and can be a useful player on a cheap deal. Really have no idea why Columbus waived him unless he was a cancer. And Oduya for 2 picks is solid, considering Oduya is barely a bottom 6 dman
In no way do I think the moves are bad, but to call them a deadline winner while putting the Preds in the loser category just doesn't make sense, IMO.

Old
03-02-2012, 02:05 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

[/QUOTE]

The best revenge is to for e them to put Weber and his magnificent beard with the cup on the front cover

Old
03-02-2012, 10:50 PM
maplepred

The best revenge is to for e them to put Weber and his magnificent beard with the cup on the front cover[/QUOTE]

I like the sounds of that!! If we won a cup, I think a lot of close minded people's opinions may start to wake up and smell the coffee

I wonder if ak46 truly does end up putting more points up than sk74. People have been saying he is the more talented of the two and would that ever be a nice surprise! If ak could start putting up 60-65 points....

Old
03-03-2012, 11:45 PM
maplepred

Ak46 sure made trade deadline look a lot better for us tonight!! Good on ya andrei, goal and assist!

Old
03-08-2012, 01:46 PM
maplepred

Hey guys, Was just thinking to myself now that the deadline has passed for almost two weeks now.

We seem to have a pretty damn good team!

With guys like suter, weber, josi, ellis, gill on blueline and guys to score like ak, sk, horn, fish, rat, leggy, etc etc. And of course the ever amazing peks.

Do you think we still go out in offseason and try to land that big time forward?? Or will it depend more so on how playoffs go. And if that's the case (playoffs) what round exit would make Poile under extra pressure to make a big move this offseason??

I mean let's face it, we could get hot and win the cup, but with a top line pivot we are one of the favorites every year.

Any thoughts??

I sure hope Poile doesn't have an offseason like last.....

Old
03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Hey guys, Was just thinking to myself now that the deadline has passed for almost two weeks now.

We seem to have a pretty damn good team!

With guys like suter, weber, josi, ellis, gill on blueline and guys to score like ak, sk, horn, fish, rat, leggy, etc etc. And of course the ever amazing peks.

Do you think we still go out in offseason and try to land that big time forward?? Or will it depend more so on how playoffs go. And if that's the case (playoffs) what round exit would make Poile under extra pressure to make a big move this offseason??

I mean let's face it, we could get hot and win the cup, but with a top line pivot we are one of the favorites every year.

Any thoughts??

I sure hope Poile doesn't have an offseason like last.....
Poile first has to know if Rads is coming back this summer... if he is, then the pressure to add a major player like Parise is decreased, and he might just try to re-sign both Kostitsyns and Wilson for reasonable money and add Rads and spend the rest of the cash taking care of the blueline

a first round exit would undoubtedly increase the pressure on Poile to substantially upgrade the team, especially if thats followed in short order by Suter's departure...

Old
03-09-2012, 10:30 AM
maplepred

So if rads comes back as expected and we re sign ak, sk, and Wilson. Then you figure most likely we try to work on the blueline?

If suter does leave though, how do we replace him? Trade? Free agency?? Don't think there are many elite defensemen available via free agency this summer....

But just imagine if we could resign everyone plus add rads and parise?!? Could be deadly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Poile first has to know if Rads is coming back this summer... if he is, then the pressure to add a major player like Parise is decreased, and he might just try to re-sign both Kostitsyns and Wilson for reasonable money and add Rads and spend the rest of the cash taking care of the blueline

a first round exit would undoubtedly increase the pressure on Poile to substantially upgrade the team, especially if thats followed in short order by Suter's departure...

Old
03-09-2012, 10:33 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
So if rads comes back as expected and we re sign ak, sk, and Wilson. Then you figure most likely we try to work on the blueline?

If suter does leave though, how do we replace him? Trade? Free agency?? Don't think there are many elite defensemen available via free agency this summer....

But just imagine if we could resign everyone plus add rads and parise?!? Could be deadly!
Parise is staying put. Book it.

Closed Thread