HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Craig Anderson - Hand Injury - Update: Mar. 22nd Cleared to Play

View Poll Results: How would you deal with Anderson's injury?
Trade a roster player to get a bonifide #1 1 1.04%
Trade a 1st or 2nd rounder to get a decent goalie (but not great) 9 9.38%
Let Auld/Lehner take a run, hope Anderson to return quickly and pray to the gods 86 89.58%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Billy Madison*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
In anderson's case it shouldn't affect him.
umm, what?

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
umm, what?
He's the type of guy that should be able to jump right back in, in this situation.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
He's the type of guy that should be able to jump right back in, in this situation.
What type of guy is that? no game time for weeks affects everyone

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
Terrible example. You mean to tell me a team like Boston doesn't run other team's goalie because there is a solid backup? Why not run at the backup too?
Because one Of our guys will take a run at Tim Thomas then. Let's see how far they get In the playoffs with Rask and ??

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
How is it a terrible example? We play Boston one more time at the end of the season. Lucic runs Lehner, gets suspended for a couple of games, Auld and Bishop play the rest of Boston.

Sure, they can keep running goalies after that too. But they accomplished what they wanted to by taking out Lehner.

Another reason Anderson could be quiet is what's to stop a team from hacking his blocker hand when he returns.

He gains nothing from telling us the extent of his injury.
Because Lehner is obviously better and more proven than Bishop? He's played 11 whole NHL games and was having a pretty down season in the AHL.

What you are saying doesn't make sense.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:42 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Because Lehner is obviously better and more proven than Bishop? He's played 11 whole NHL games and was having a pretty down season in the AHL.

What you are saying doesn't make sense.
Good Lord....

We play Boston the last week of the season..by then Lehner may have played over 17 games...

It makes total sense for a team to not disclose the extent of injury.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Good Lord....

We play Boston the last week of the season..by then Lehner may have played over 17 games...

It makes total sense for a team to not disclose the extent of injury.
By that time Lehner might have been sent down and Bishop could be up.

What you are suggesting is bogus anyway. Why not just run Lundqvist? Thomas? Price? Do it at the beginning of the season and knock those teams out of contention all-together. There's a reason players and teams don't do this and your fear is entirely irrational.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

I don't mind Anderson getting a rest as long as he doesn't think its the beginning of the season when he comes back.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:12 PM
biffs

My question... for a right handed person (writes right, not talking about shooting): You hold your blocker and stick with the right hand. While preparing food and using a big knife you use your right hand to cut, slice, and dice. Its not like eating supper where you use a left hand to cut your food. They said right away it was a frozen chicken. How do you cut yourself with the hand you are holding the knife in?

Go to the kitchen now and play around with a knife. See what I mean?

Something else is going on here..

biffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:20 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffs View Post
My question... for a right handed person (writes right, not talking about shooting): You hold your blocker and stick with the right hand. While preparing food and using a big knife you use your right hand to cut, slice, and dice. Its not like eating supper where you use a left hand to cut your food. They said right away it was a frozen chicken. How do you cut yourself with the hand you are holding the knife in?

Sheesh...as Bryan Murray said, it was an ICEPICK and he was trying to pry two chicken breasts apart. He was holding the breasts (hee hee) with his right hand and the pick slipped and pierced his finger.

Why do people think here is more to this?

Old
03-01-2012, 09:21 PM
trobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffs View Post

I'm a lefty, so I won't play with knives...but I agree...something else is going on.

If it was something simple like I was cutting chicken and the knife slips, I would say just that...it happens.

Not saying we as fans deserve to know...because we really really don't, but there has to be more to this story...

Anderson was just a little too tight lipped about this...it makes no sense.

trobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:30 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
It doesn't make sense to me either. Unless he is protective of his catching glove hand with knives? No question it would have been the season if it were his catching glove.

Last edited by coladin: 03-01-2012 at 09:37 PM.
coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:49 PM
yusefstiles

He was probably drunk and just did something stupid with the icepick while trying to separate frozen chicken breasts ... now he's embarrassed and is all aloof about it

yusefstiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

It's been said that Anderson is ambidextrous. If its true he's not very good with his left so he'd better hold the knife or ice pick with his right next time.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Cowen Time

Brennan is a piece of dung. Anderson isn't willing to give him a blow by blow re-enactment of how he hurt his hand so the headline is "Anderson won't explain bizarre injury" and he leads with

"If there still exists any suspicions over how exactly the right-handed Craig Anderson sliced a tendon in his right hand, the Senators' No. 1 goalie did nothing to squelch them when facing the media for the first time one week after the incident. "

Mr. Anderson, if you will, please embarass yourself and give us a step by step replay of how the injury occured so that I don't have to work to write an article.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19446526.html

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:44 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

If you actually watch the interviews you get the feeling that he seems downtrodden, like he's let the team down by getting injured. Maybe he doesn't want to talk about it because it's embarrassing the way he got hurt and at such a critical point in the season.

Old
03-02-2012, 08:47 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
Brennan is a piece of dung. Anderson isn't willing to give him a blow by blow re-enactment of how he hurt his hand so the headline is "Anderson won't explain bizarre injury" and he leads with

"If there still exists any suspicions over how exactly the right-handed Craig Anderson sliced a tendon in his right hand, the Senators' No. 1 goalie did nothing to squelch them when facing the media for the first time one week after the incident. "

Mr. Anderson, if you will, please embarass yourself and give us a step by step replay of how the injury occured so that I don't have to work to write an article.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19446526.html
Here is a link to the Ottawa Sun version of the article, in case anyone wants to partake in the hilarious Brennan-Bashing in the comments section (as is tradition).

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:49 AM
enviro61

When I first heard of it, I definitely figured there was more to the story than is being told. Domestic dispute, drunk mishap etc. Team's ALWAYS try to hide/distort the truth if they think it will cause larger problems in the media and for the team.

The problem is that we have all become so skeptical of what the team reports that it takes a life of its own. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 08:54 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviro61 View Post
When I first heard of it, I definitely figured there was more to the story than is being told. Domestic dispute, drunk mishap etc. Team's ALWAYS try to hide/distort the truth if they think it will cause larger problems in the media and for the team.

The problem is that we have all become so skeptical of what the team reports that it takes a life of its own. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I'd be a lot more skeptical if the damage was more than a deep cut to his pinkie finger. What kind of attack/domestic dispute/drunken mishap involves cutting JUST your pinkie finger?

I didn't know that most of our posters where like this guy...

Old
03-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
I'd be a lot more skeptical if the damage was more than a deep cut to his pinkie finger. What kind of attack/domestic dispute/drunken mishap involves cutting JUST your pinkie finger?

He never took his jacket off of his arm did he???

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Here is a link to the Ottawa Sun version of the article, in case anyone wants to partake in the hilarious Brennan-Bashing in the comments section (as is tradition).
I'd rather not give the website the hits, they might think we enjoy reading their articles.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 11:28 AM
enviro61

Quote:

It's not like I said he was abducted by Aliens and was involved in a fight to save the universe...hmm : maybe

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Flamingo

Anderson is ashamed of his dainty pinky posture, which is what led to this injury.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
arglebargle

vCash: 1225
Are you guys serious with the Anderson BS? His wife didn't stab him. People accidentally cut themselves working in their kitchens all the ****ing time and not because they're drunk and their wife is trying to murder them for the insurance money or whatever ridiculous **** you think it is. There isn't some sinister plot here, that's stupid.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:48 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

I had my theory posted, but it was promptly deleted, probably because it was the TRUTH and there's a coverup.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote