HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumors Part VI: Carter to LA; Nash next to move?

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamsutta View Post
Considering D gets even tighter during the playoffs, yeah, the Rangers need to up the offense to really contend, IMO

And I'd rather Brown than Nash to achieve that
I ABSOLUTELY agree. Yeah Nash is more skilled yada yada yada... But Brown would cost less and from everything I have read/seen he is like a Ryan Callahan clone. I wouldn't be opposed to having another Callahan on the RAngers.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Our problem isn't that we lack scoring. ES we're fine. It's our consistently and traditionally horrendeus PP that's the problem. We don't need to blow up the team for that.

It's a joke that the guys we have can't at least look dangerous out there with the man advantage. It's our PP that will decide if we can make a legit cup run or not.

Sometimes, the best moves you do are the ones you don't. Please don't. We're fine, except for our cursed PP. Sure, we have guys that have been underwhelming (*cough*Dubinsky*cough*), but give them a chance for at least a season + playoffs.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:04 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Lol. Seriously? Why do the Leafs want Nash? They need center depth and goaltending. I swear, Burke just wants the attention.
It's true. However, one of the reason their goalies look so bad is b/c of the system they play. Their forwards are told to just go go go, and rarely get on the backcheck. Gustavsson is not a bad goalie, and could be a good back up. Even good goalies look bad in Toronto's system.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
If anyone is familiar with the indifference curve in economics, I get the same amount of utility with 1 Brown and 1 Ott, that I do with 1 Nash.

McIralth + 1st for Brown

Christian Thomas +2nd for Ott

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin - Richards - Callahan
Dubinsky - Ott - Brown
Prust - Boyle - Rupp
you may, but the Rangers certainly get more utility from the elite, puck possession winger.

Also think about what you're offering to those two teams in the playoff race...

Old
02-24-2012, 10:13 AM
beef 4 lunch

The latest rumored offers for Nash, do not strike me as "gutting the team", nor do they qualify as "trading the core".

Nash's salary is the only real concern for me. Personally, I don't see us keeping Gabby once his contract is up. That leaves, Hank, Brad, and Nash, as big money contracts

Can anyone educate me on the players of significance that we may have to trade/loose in the years that Nash and Gabby's contracts would overlap because of cap issues? Are there any?

Old
02-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Feb 24, 2012 9:02a

A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer part of what might land Brown. He's worth it. #TradeCentre

The Rangers aren't in the mix for Brown at that price
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Feb 24, 2012 9:47a

My guess is that the Leafs would be willing to move Luke Schenn in a straight swap for Dustin Brown but Kings will want more...

They will want DZ or McD plus from the Rangers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
I ABSOLUTELY agree. Yeah Nash is more skilled yada yada yada... But Brown would cost less and from everything I have read/seen he is like a Ryan Callahan clone. I wouldn't be opposed to having another Callahan on the RAngers.
Based on the tweets above Brown will cost more in terms of roster players than Nash. LA is not looking for prospects. McD, MDZ for Brown? Abosolutely not worth it.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

If nothing else, I am pleased that Slats seems to be working overtime in an effort to try to bring this team's offense to the next level without subtracting anything massive in the process.

Seems to be giving a look to every big name forward that enters the trade market. That being the case I am more confident that, if no move is made, he will be among the bidders on July 1st for a potential stud LW.

02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
If nothing else, I am pleased that Slats seems to be working overtime in an effort to try to bring this team's offense to the next level without subtracting anything massive in the process.

Seems to be giving a look to every big name forward that enters the trade market. That being the case I am more confident that, if no move is made, he will be among the bidders on July 1st for a potential stud LW.
His name is Parise.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Brown is an very admirable player and would certainly help.

But i) he is 10x as reckless to himself than Cally and you gotta wonder how fast and how much more he will detoriate fur to his playingstyle and ii) he ain't very talented offensively and iii) he is pretty small, size is valuable too. I rather have Doan for example.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
blue425

The next 75 hours will be interesting for sure.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:25 AM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

Fitzy - 100 percent, I agree with you. Come Monday, if the Rangers are unable to make any impact deals, there will be some posts. "What was Sather doing, sleeping?"

Last year when the Rangers failed to get Richards at the deadline, there was a thought that Sather did nothing. As if he was off in Banff somewhere not on the phones. Working on a deal that ultimately, Sather decides to pass on does not mean "doing nothing".

Old
02-24-2012, 10:31 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Regardless of your personal opinion, Rick Nash IS a marquee player. In a small market like Columbus, and even MORE so in the biggest market in the world. New York.
A marquee player does more, IMO.
Quote:
The team is not going into a fire sale mode, and not trading the 'core' away in 2012. I don't know where you're getting this **** from. Its silly.
With 44 percent of cap space tied into 4 players (more than that if you include Callahan), how are you going to keep the core together in 2013? And that is presuming that it does not go down at all.
Quote:
Dubinsky got PAID and has disappeared. 6 goals, 19 assists so far for $4.25 million a year? No thanks.
One low scoring year and he is done for?
Quote:
Nash is most likely coming, you better prepare for it.
you are acting like I have a personal vendetta against Nash. I do not. I just see what is happening not just this year, but beyond. And am not stickign my head in the sand about cap implications. Nash's cap hit is prohibitive. Period. There are other issues, but that is the start. Nor am I inclined to begin to move assets in bulk.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:31 AM
ThirdEye

Yeah, I'm not sold on Brown. He's a nice player, but we're trying to win the cup here and he's still not enough imo. We need players like Nash who are skilled enough to put up points even when the other teams defense is playing well. Brown is just more of the same

Old
02-24-2012, 10:39 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Dustin Brown is more of the same.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:39 AM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Yeah, I'm not sold on Brown. He's a nice player, but we're trying to win the cup here and he's still not enough imo. We need players like Nash who are skilled enough to put up points even when the other teams defense is playing well. Brown is just more of the same
EXACTLY Get Nash here ASAP!

Old
02-24-2012, 10:45 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Burke and Slats in a d**k swinging contest. Should be a fun few days..

Old
02-24-2012, 10:47 AM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Agreed. We need an offensive difference maker particularly on the pp. In the last few weeks our offense has been completely shut down by the Pens, Devils and Sens. These are three teams that we could potentially face in the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

What the Rangers don't need is more guys who "grit" the puck into the goal.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

It'd be funny if we got both brown and nash

Old
02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What the Rangers don't need is more guys who "grit" the puck into the goal.
More grit! Less scoring!

Old
02-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
It'd be funny if we got both brown and nash
Wouldn't mind that at all.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:54 AM
SkinneeJ

Can we add a poll to the next thread when this one closes in about an hour or so? It would at least give everyone some new information to argue about.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:54 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Wouldn't mind that at all.
Brown replaces Dubinsky who is dealt for Nash

Old
02-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa 10 View Post
Based on the tweets above Brown will cost more in terms of roster players than Nash. LA is not looking for prospects. McD, MDZ for Brown? Abosolutely not worth it.
Didn't see those only had a few minutes this morning. In that case no ****ing way

Old
02-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

What are some of your guys thoughts on this? Where does he go? I still think he stays in Columbus.

Closed Thread