HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings trade Jack Johnson and a 1st Round Pick to CBJ for Jeff Carter

Old
02-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
He is not scoring 40 goals next season. Not even 35. Or 30.
How do you know that?

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Leo W

I feel bad for stabbing JJ in the back (so to speak) but it is a business. This team needed to make a move and he made himself expendable on a team that is underachieving. I really hope this trade works out I think this could be a bigger trade in our franchise's history than we think.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
You know Tony. I actually agree with you. This is a business and everyone that gets into it knows that.

But if you are going to make moves like this and the Visnovsky trades don't preach BS about building a culture and tattoos on *****. Just say you want to try and ice the most talented team. Don't say your looking for guys with Kings tattoos then trade them to Edmonton and Columbus. Don't say you value character players then trade for Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.

In the mind of this franchise loyalty is a one way street, and that's not right.
exactly. everything DL spews is BS and fluff. PO success or not i hope this guy gets booted out of here.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Surprised we haven't heard a peep from Richards' twitter, probably talking up a storm with Carter
They are planning their first party in L.A!

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
How do you know that?
Nothing is certain, not even our death. But would you bet against me on even odds? What do you think is his 50-50 goals scored line then, what would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Surprised we haven't heard a peep from Richards' twitter, probably talking up a storm with Carter
I'm not. It would be very unlike him to cheer his teammate getting traded away, don't you think?

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:47 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
How do you know that?
Unfortunately, I have to agree with him. Which is why part of me hopes they still don't make the playoffs, Dean and likely Sutter get fired, the new GM and coach have nice pieces to work with in building a more offensive system.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:48 PM
MsWoof

I bet Carter raced out of that fan event and went straight to the airport without even packing!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:49 PM
DanKD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
You know Tony. I actually agree with you. This is a business and everyone that gets into it knows that. This is not an awful trade, I don't like it but atleast the Kings are getting a legit first line player back as opposed to Greene and Stoll...and I can live with this deal something had to be done.

But if you are going to make moves like this and the Visnovsky trades don't preach BS about building a culture and tattoos on *****. Just say you want to try and ice the most talented team. Don't say your looking for guys with Kings tattoos then trade them to Edmonton and Columbus. Don't say you value character players then trade for Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.

In the mind of this franchise loyalty is a one way street, and that's not right. We better never hear the word tattoo or culture come out of Disease's mouth.
If Johnson or anyone else doesn't want to get traded, then perform on the ice. Management owes everything to the fans, nothing to the players. Fans buy the tickets, merchandise etc... and allow the players to be paid.

DanKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Voynov is being called up now, as said by Lombardi during his conference.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Leo W

Voynov called up from Manchester for (hopefully) the last time! Make us proud, kid.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Like the trade, Kings get the better player, Johnson's minus total is in trouble but at least his red Ferrari fits right in in Ohio. Johnson has made great strides the last 2 seasons, I rarely noticed him making mistakes but he just isn't the kind of defensemen you build a team around. I'm excited to see Carter in a Kings uni and hope this is just the beginning of about 3 more deals that need to be made shipping out under achievers (Penner, Stoll, Richardson).

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:53 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Johnson for Carter straight up would have been a fleecing. We did not overpay. He scores 30-40 goals every year like clockwork. You don't get 40 goals for Jack Johnson alone.
Carter has played worse than ever in his career.

Johnson has played better than ever in his career.

Johnson has been improving every year and will continue to improve. We have not seen the best of JJ and he is signed to a great contract.

Carter is also signed to a great contract but we have probably already seen the best of him.

Trading for Carter did NOT address our need for help on the wing while simultaneously weakening our defense all around. Voynov cannot replace JJ.

I like Carter on the Kings. Im optimistic that he will regain his form and ultimately help Richards regain his. I just feel like the move was lateral and giving up a 1st stings like salt on a open wound.

At the end of the day it was a knee jerk reaction and does not address the root of the problem.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The fact of the matter is that you have to give to get. Kings added a 30-40 goal scorer entering his prime who can play C or W and can play in all situations. He has a dangerous shot and his production was much needed up front.

With Voynov looking like an NHL player this season and with Doughty continuing to get better this season, plus Martinez in the fold, the Kings have their three puck moving dmen set with the potential for another kid from the pipeline to possibly move up down the road.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
The difference between JJ's contract and Carter's is less than a million. It wouldn't be due to a cap issue unless the player coming back for Brown has a bigger contract.
You mean pro-rated for this year, right? In which case you are completely right. Normally though the number is around 2 mil. Carter would eat about less than .7 mil of our remaining 2.4-ish cap space left.

Still plenty of room for Parise...errr I mean, still plenty of room!

- R
.><.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:54 PM
bobafettish*

so who is being sent down or traded?

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tantrum4*

So Lombardi just said Hownson never once told him if they were or weren't on Nash's list. Funny how everyone in the media and posters on the internet all knew but Dean didn't. I knew it was all just BS as usual.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The fact of the matter is that you have to give to get. Kings added a 30-40 goal scorer entering his prime who can play C or W and can play in all situations. He has a dangerous shot and his production was much needed up front.

With Voynov looking like an NHL player this season and with Doughty continuing to get better this season, plus Martinez in the fold, the Kings have their three puck moving dmen set with the potential for another kid from the pipeline to possibly move up down the road.
Hell, trade Martinez in the off-season and we still have Hickey to bring up.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
johnjm22

Hopefully this sparks the team (I think there's a good chance it will). If we can get a little bit of momentum on our side, anything can happen.

Feel bad for JJ, but I think he'll relish the role of being the go to guy in Columbus.

I have mixed feelings overall, but I will reserve judgement. If the team falters from here, than this is absolutely Lombardi's last stand.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Vamos Rafa
°Vamos!

It just tells you that in the NHL, signing long-term contracts don't mean ****. Both JJ and Carter had just signed long-term extensions last year.

Well, there's a new CBA next seaon so for now, we're going to be stuck with Carter's 10-year contract.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Johnny Utah

Penner, Westgarth and Drewiske were the healthy scratches, so they lose JJ and get Carter and call up Voynov, so a forward needs to be moved or sent down.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Penner, Westgarth and Drewiske were the healthy scratches, so they lose JJ and get Carter and call up Voynov, so a forward needs to be moved or sent down.
or traded

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Johnny Utah

Slava Voynov will come up to take Jack Johnson’s spot on defense, and the Kings will send down a forward, although Lombardi did not say which one. Per Hammond.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Slava Voynov will come up to take Jack Johnsonís spot on defense, and the Kings will send down a forward, although Lombardi did not say which one. Per Hammond.
hopefully not Lotki

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Nolan's is my guess unless they're doing something else and need the cap space #pencakes

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:58 PM
William H Bonney

One last note for Sutter: Please, for the love of the fans, don't ever put Brown, Stoll, and Carter out there together. It's easier to score when the puck is on net.