HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings trade Jack Johnson and a 1st Round Pick to CBJ for Jeff Carter

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2012, 06:59 PM
  #626
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 500
It's going to be weird when we play the CBJs on March 8th. At least JJ doesn't have to come back to Staples until next season.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 07:01 PM
  #627
backhander
Registered User
 
backhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
Someone looks Rasta baked

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 07:17 PM
  #628
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 15,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
The Flyers have #7 retired, so he took #17. Maybe he never wanted to be 17. Anyway, hopefully Scuderi stays so he has to be #77...
He wore 7 in CLB, Scuds currently wears #7...77 makes sense. I believe Johnson wore 33 at first because Miller? wore #3 when he started.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 07:32 PM
  #629
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,788
vCash: 500
Might want to change the first post.

It now says, "The pick is conditional. If the Kings miss the playoffs this season, it’s a 2013 first-round pick. If they make the playoffs, the Blue Jackets can choose either the 2012 or 2013 first-round pick."


http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/02/23...rter-to-kings/

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 07:44 PM
  #630
Malice430
Registered User
 
Malice430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lake Forest, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
Funny how he was at a fan event when it happened. this is why u dont plan fan fests near the trade deadline. I remember in the 06-07 season Tip a King was right before the deadline. Jason Ward was on the team for like a week at that point and he was gone a week afterward at the deadline. im glad Tip A King is early in the season now

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:09 PM
  #631
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,214
vCash: 500
Must have been funny and awkward at the same time

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:10 PM
  #632
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,332
vCash: 500
Hope you guys are excited. Jeff is a very good player who has had a combination of injuries and few memorable "chokes" weighing his reputation down in Philly.

Of the two, I definitely was for trading Jeff because of the return we got but I was never for trading Richie.

Hopefully we have a Flyers/Kings SCF.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:01 PM
  #633
DaAnimal
Registered User
 
DaAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
some of you guys make it sound like carter is the answer to our problem. His avg 30+ goals per season is similar to Penners and we all witnessed what happened for the past two seasons. Now I am not comparing Carter to Penner, i'm stating that I am fairly disappointed with the trade. Regardless of what you all heard on the NHLN, button may hate the kings but he does shed a few lights on what our problem is.

I agree with some of you guys that JJ will play a bigger role in columbus. We all witnessed how well he can carry the team when our star player DD is injured.

As for JJ being expandabe, i dont neccessarily agree with you. I think the most expandable person we have is J. Bernier. This team is extremely talented in the goalie closet, but the problem with Howe is I think he wanted a proven goalie. I understand JB is talented but he has yet to play more than 20+ games.

Now back to JJ and the Carter trade. I felt that Columbus has won the deal, 1st pick and a top pairing defenseman.

I would have liked it more if Stoll or Penner was traded away. Now those two players are just a waste of ice time.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:05 PM
  #634
Fielddog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Interesting information from the Sharks site;


EV GF EV GA EV +/- EV GF/GA Ratio
Doughty without JMFJ +61 -44 +17 0.581
Doughty with JMFJ +18 -19 -1 0.486


Mitchell without JMFJ +44 -39 +5 0.530
Mitchell with JMFJ +3 -9 -6 0.250


Scuderi without JMFJ +32 -27 +5 0.542
Scuderi with JMFJ +22 -29 -7 0.431


Greene without JMFJ +29 -28 +1 0.509
Greene with JMFJ +5 -9 -4 0.357


Martinez without JMFJ +33 -25 +8 0.569
Martinez with JMFJ +4 -2 +2 0.667


Drewiske without JMFJ +13 -15 -2 0.464
Drewiske with JMFJ +2 -2 0 0.500


Harrold without JMFJ +8 -4 +4 0.667
Harrold with JMFJ +1 -2 -1 0.333

Fielddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
  #635
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault
 
Bad Will Hunting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southie
Posts: 26,082
vCash: 69
I think a few of you are forgetting how good Carter is.

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:42 PM
  #636
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielddog View Post
Interesting information from the Sharks site;


EV GF EV GA EV +/- EV GF/GA Ratio
Doughty without JMFJ +61 -44 +17 0.581
Doughty with JMFJ +18 -19 -1 0.486


Mitchell without JMFJ +44 -39 +5 0.530
Mitchell with JMFJ +3 -9 -6 0.250


Scuderi without JMFJ +32 -27 +5 0.542
Scuderi with JMFJ +22 -29 -7 0.431


Greene without JMFJ +29 -28 +1 0.509
Greene with JMFJ +5 -9 -4 0.357


Martinez without JMFJ +33 -25 +8 0.569
Martinez with JMFJ +4 -2 +2 0.667


Drewiske without JMFJ +13 -15 -2 0.464
Drewiske with JMFJ +2 -2 0 0.500


Harrold without JMFJ +8 -4 +4 0.667
Harrold with JMFJ +1 -2 -1 0.333
Which Sharks site?

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:48 PM
  #637
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger
 
drugold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane,
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 1015
Some great info on this page.
Love the JMFJ stats.
Love the Anson Carter pic

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:50 PM
  #638
DontgoZiggy
Registered User
 
DontgoZiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
I'm happy enough with the trade, Carter seems like he'll be a good addition and it doesn't cripple us with his cap hit. JJ and a 1st is a relatively expensive price to pay, but Carter has a very good goal scoring pedigree which we need more. I think we win this trade. Hopefully we can offload penner and co for picks or prospects, to keep the stream of young players going. Manchester must be looking a bit bare at the moment. Perhaps thats the logic behind our captain being supposedly offered about, to help replenish our stock of prospects but also change it up.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:52 PM
  #639
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 500
http://www.coppernblue.com/2012/2/24...on-is-not-good

http://hockeyanalysis.com/2012/02/23...-jack-johnson/

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:56 PM
  #640
bney7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Sure... A top prospect (who's seemingly constantly injured) a 25/25 player, picks, and JJ.

For a 40+ goal scorer and someone who could be a 30 goal scorer.

.... Not exactly a given that one's better then the other.
Jeff Carter has scored 40+ goals 1 time in 7 seasons... He's a 30+ goal scorer, especially since he hasn't come close to touching 46 since that year.

bney7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:57 PM
  #641
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielddog View Post
Interesting information from the Sharks site;


EV GF EV GA EV +/- EV GF/GA Ratio
Doughty without JMFJ +61 -44 +17 0.581
Doughty with JMFJ +18 -19 -1 0.486


Mitchell without JMFJ +44 -39 +5 0.530
Mitchell with JMFJ +3 -9 -6 0.250


Scuderi without JMFJ +32 -27 +5 0.542
Scuderi with JMFJ +22 -29 -7 0.431


Greene without JMFJ +29 -28 +1 0.509
Greene with JMFJ +5 -9 -4 0.357


Martinez without JMFJ +33 -25 +8 0.569
Martinez with JMFJ +4 -2 +2 0.667


Drewiske without JMFJ +13 -15 -2 0.464
Drewiske with JMFJ +2 -2 0 0.500


Harrold without JMFJ +8 -4 +4 0.667
Harrold with JMFJ +1 -2 -1 0.333
Its funny you should post that. I've always believed JJ isn't as bad defensively as people think. His biggest problem is that he isn't nearly as good offensively as people think. 5on5 JJ only has 10 pts this year and only 14 of his 42 pts last year were 5on5. The PP padded his stats much the way it did for Stoll. I personally found him as very stiff offensively and only major asset was his shot, and speed which he very rarely used.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:01 PM
  #642
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
some of you guys make it sound like carter is the answer to our problem. His avg 30+ goals per season is similar to Penners and we all witnessed what happened for the past two seasons. Now I am not comparing Carter to Penner, i'm stating that I am fairly disappointed with the trade. Regardless of what you all heard on the NHLN, button may hate the kings but he does shed a few lights on what our problem is.

I agree with some of you guys that JJ will play a bigger role in columbus. We all witnessed how well he can carry the team when our star player DD is injured.

As for JJ being expandabe, i dont neccessarily agree with you. I think the most expandable person we have is J. Bernier. This team is extremely talented in the goalie closet, but the problem with Howe is I think he wanted a proven goalie. I understand JB is talented but he has yet to play more than 20+ games.

Now back to JJ and the Carter trade. I felt that Columbus has won the deal, 1st pick and a top pairing defenseman.

I would have liked it more if Stoll or Penner was traded away. Now those two players are just a waste of ice time.
The last three seasons Carter's low is 33 goals, Penner has never hit that number in his NHL career.

As for JJ being a top pairing defenseman, well I'll just agree to disagree. I've stated numerous times my problems with his game.

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:03 PM
  #643
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bney7 View Post
Jeff Carter has scored 40+ goals 1 time in 7 seasons... He's a 30+ goal scorer, especially since he hasn't come close to touching 46 since that year.
Jeff Carter scored more goals between 2007 and 2011 than Sidney Crosby.

That is an an absolute fact.

I could have just said Carter has more goals than Crosby since 2007 period, also of course a fact, but to be fair, Crosby hasn't played in a year.

In the four seasons from 07-08 through 10-11 Jeff Carter had the 5th highest total of goals of any NHL player.

Folks this is not Penner 2.0 we're getting. Not even close.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:09 PM
  #644
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Its funny you should post that. I've always believed JJ isn't as bad defensively as people think. His biggest problem is that he isn't nearly as good offensively as people think. 5on5 JJ only has 10 pts this year and only 14 of his 42 pts last year were 5on5. The PP padded his stats much the way it did for Stoll. I personally found him as very stiff offensively and only major asset was his shot, and speed which he very rarely used.
Jack's pretty damn bad defensively. Read the links I posted above. You may not buy into the advanced statistics completely, but it's pretty damning evidence when he leads (i.e., by far the worst) in all of these statistical categories for Kings' defensemen. The Kings' defense might honestly get better with Johnson gone.

Don't take this as me hating on Jack. I loved his professional work ethic and abhorrence to losing. He slowly improved every season in my opinion, but he just is not a good defensive player. The numbers in those links are pretty eye-opening.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:11 PM
  #645
lumm0x
Registered User
 
lumm0x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bney7 View Post
Jeff Carter has scored 40+ goals 1 time in 7 seasons... He's a 30+ goal scorer, especially since he hasn't come close to touching 46 since that year.
Downplay it all you want. Remind us of the plethora of 30+ goal scorers the Kings have had in that time? Kopitar has hit 30+ 2 times with 34 being the highest Kings goal scorer since what......Robataille. Frolov once a couple years ago at 32. Brown once a couple years ago at 33. And pretty much nothing else. 46 would look pretty darn good even once now wouldn't it? The guy is about 60 goals up on Kopitar since they've both been in the league together and I don't see people calling him a scrub.

lumm0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:13 PM
  #646
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Jack's pretty damn bad defensively. Read the links I posted above. You may not buy into the advanced statistics completely, but it's pretty damning evidence when he leads (i.e., by far the worst) in all of these statistical categories for Kings' defensemen. The Kings' defense might honestly get better with Johnson gone.

Don't take this as me hating on Jack. I loved his professional work ethic and abhorrence to losing. He slowly improved every season in my opinion, but he just is not a good defensive player. The numbers in those links are pretty eye-opening.
I said never as bad as people say....not that he was average

His biggest thing, like they pointed out in the CNB read. Is that he doesn't really disrupt on D....he just "plays his man" so basically he can be decent positionally but never ends the opposing teams attacks thus is always defending.

Thats something alot of people don't see about DD, he reads a play and gets in the passing lane or gets to where the player is going and breaks up the play causing the change of possession. Thus reducing the amount of time he is stuck "chasing the cycle"

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:21 PM
  #647
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
he's a buck-toothed pylon, basically.
Quote:
He's a black hole who drags down his teammates at even strength.
ouch!!

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:35 PM
  #648
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,778
vCash: 500
All this talk is crazy. We got our sniper! The one we've been trying to get for past few seasons, and we got him at a 5.2m cap hit! Be happy! As everyone says Carter isn't gonna turn us into a offensive powerhouse (honestly nobody would) but we'll be a better team tomorrow vs Chicago then we were vs Colorado

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:38 PM
  #649
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: EVIL EMPIRE
Country: United Nations
Posts: 58,648
vCash: 912
why am I amused that on the king board an oiler blog is being used

__________________
"If the Detroit Red Wings are defying gravity" by consistently contending without the benefit of high draft picks, "the Edmonton Oilers are defying lift.

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:49 PM
  #650
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
why am I amused that on the king board an oiler blog is being used
Hey, Derek Zona gives great analysis, regardless of which team he roots for.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.