HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 08:09 AM
topliner967

vCash: 500
Thanks SuperAlmeida. I agree with BigBrown (and I'm guessing most other fans) - the Kings should keep Brown!

Old
02-24-2012, 08:15 AM
SFKingshomer

A quality young defenseman and secondary scorer? I love Brown but that sounds like overpayment

Old
02-24-2012, 08:17 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
A quality young defenseman and secondary scorer? I love Brown but that sounds like overpayment
Think about what Brown could do in for example Boston on a line with Lucic or in Philly on a line with Hartnell. Brown has seriously high value! He's also our captain and face of the francise (Foundation award)

Old
02-24-2012, 08:21 AM
KingsFan7824

If Brown were dealt, not a chance in hell they trade him to Vancouver, and there's no way the Kings trade him lightly. It would be an eastern conference team, for someone that is signed for at least as long as Brown is.

An already interesting day may turn into a very interesting weekend.

Old
02-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
You know anyone can change a Wikipedia entry, right? Try checking a real news source next time
In his defense. Trades and signings have been broken that way.

Old
02-24-2012, 08:24 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
That's the point of floating his name on the market, you get a bidding war going.

It's a Sellers market, Any team in the east looking at a cup run would LOVE Brown.

They will part with good assests to get him. The Kings don't have to move Brown if someone overpays; and it makes the Kings better ,why not ?

Old
02-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

No way DL is done. He'll pull another trigger this weekend. Gotta get some picks for Penner and Stoll and refill the cupboard a bit. Most likely Penner.

Old
02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Here are som quotes!
Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger
GM's with interest in Dustin Brown know LA will need a ton in return to move their cptn. His avail impacts those in Nash hunt.#TradeCentre

Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
LAK captain Dustin Brown being potentially available is a Trade Deadline game changer because of the number of teams who have high interest.

Pierre LeBrun ‏ @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Boston and Toronto among the long list of teams that like Dustin Brown...

Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie Reply Retweet Favorite Open
BOS, BUF, EDM, NJD, NYR, PHI, TOR, VAN are amongst teams with high levels of interest in Brown. #TradeCentre #TSN

Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger *Reply *Retweet *Favorite Open
A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer part of what might land Brown. He's worth it. #TradeCentre

Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie Reply Retweeted Favorite Open
Why trade Brown? IMO, LAK like Brown as "player," not as enthused about Brown as captain. IMO, only matter of time til Mike Richards gets C.
For people freaking out about losing Brown, I'd say there's a pretty good chance the Kings replace Brown with quantity AND quality based on the number of teams that are interested.

Old
02-24-2012, 08:34 AM
SFKingshomer

A 2 way LH shot defenseman with some grit and experience would be nice but I cant think of any

Old
02-24-2012, 08:35 AM
fyrescorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
This time last year both Carter and Richards were still on the Flyers and we were planning on going forward with a Kopitar/Doughty/Johnson/Schenn/Brown/Quick/Simmonds core. What a difference a year makes.
So your saying that last year, if Lombardi traded Schenn/JJ/Simmons for JC/MR you wouldn't have done that? Really?

If i remember correctly at that time I don't think Simmons was considered part of the core. Probably by some, not by most. JJ was consistently being blasted by many as being a horrible DMan and Schenn had, what 9 games under his belt and some were wanting to bring him up for the playoffs because we needed a savior when Kopi,went down. All JC/MR were doing last year was playing a very important role leading their team in the playoffs. They have experience, skill and abilities. We have to see if they can put it together very quickly.

But for anyone to say they wouldn't make that trade,. I don't know what to say

Old
02-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
So your saying that last year, if Lombardi traded Schenn/JJ/Simmons for JC/MR you wouldn't have done that? Really?

If i remember correctly at that time I don't think Simmons was considered part of the core. Probably by some, not by most. JJ was consistently being blasted by many as being a horrible DMan and Schenn had, what 9 games under his belt and some were wanting to bring him up for the playoffs because we needed a savior when Kopi,went down. All JC/MR were doing last year was playing a very important role leading their team in the playoffs. They have experience, skill and abilities. We have to see if they can put it together very quickly.

But for anyone to say they wouldn't make that trade,. I don't know what to say
Well when people have the benefit of revisionist history, it makes it much easier to hate on a deal like that.

Old
02-24-2012, 08:39 AM
SFKingshomer

Brown+ for Staal and Dubinsky?

Old
02-24-2012, 08:42 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Brown+ for Staal and Dubinsky?
Ahh that is a little much.

I could see a team like Boston (awesome scoring depth) Move David Krejci+ a young defender for Brown.

If the Bidding is High Boston could add picks.

Old
02-24-2012, 08:44 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

How about JVR, Coburn/Carle and 1st for Brown? Or JVR, Couturier and 1st for Brown and Loktionov or something. I just think JVR would be a good fit for our top 6

Old
02-24-2012, 08:44 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Ahh that is a little much.

I could see a team like Boston (awesome scoring depth) Move David Krejci+ a young defender for Brown.
Krejci is a playmaking center and was Bostons best forward in the playoffs. Hes worth more than Brown

Old
02-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Again, why are we looking to add defense? I think Brown is being shopped but I would be surprised if its for D.

Old
02-24-2012, 08:46 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Krejci is a playmaking center
He also plays RW at least they have him listed as that. But Boston would offer something along those lines.

Old
02-24-2012, 08:47 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

And god damn, I don't want Dubinsky. I think he's the most overrated player in the NHL. I don't know why the Rangers want Brown anyways, they've got the same exact guy in Callahan.

The one team I see going hard for Brown is Toronto. They don't have the assets, really, to acquire DB but you can expect Burke to go all in. I just can't put a package together that would interest DL though, without involving Kessel and clearly he's untouchable. Maybe like Kadri, Gardiner, Grabovski, 1st?

Old
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Again, why are we looking to add defense? I think Brown is being shopped but I would be surprised if its for D.
The Kings want a Forward PLUS a Young Defender.

Old
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
**** yeah!

Old
02-24-2012, 08:48 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
And god damn, I don't want Dubinsky. I think he's the most overrated player in the NHL. I don't know why the Rangers want Brown anyways, they've got the same exact guy in Callahan.

The one team I see going hard for Brown is Toronto. They don't have the assets, really, to acquire DB but you can expect Burke to go all in. I just can't put a package together that would interest DL though, without involving Kessel and clearly he's untouchable. Maybe like Kadri, Gardiner, Grabovski, 1st?
I don't even think Dean would like that. Grabovski is a Center isnt he ?

Old
02-24-2012, 08:49 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Because we're missing someone in the top 4 with JJ gone? I like Alec Martinez as much as the next guy, but he's not really ready yet. Has mental lapses. Willie Mitchell's contract is also up at the end of the year. None of the young guys, other than Voynov, are NHL ready. Muzzin, Hickey, Deslauriers still have developing to do.

But if we're not looking for a dman, then JVR, Couturier and 1st for Dustin Brown is the most ideal package, imo

Old
02-24-2012, 08:50 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
I don't even think Dean would like that. Grabovski is a Center isnt he ?
I think he can play on the wing. He's got speed, which is something we lack the most and I think that's why Lombardi is doing this. I also said I can't think of a package that would interest Lombardi from Toronto. Only team I keep going back to is the Flyers; Couturier, JVR and 1st

Old
02-24-2012, 08:50 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
He also plays RW at least they have him listed as that. But Boston would offer something along those lines.
He centered the Bruins top line with Lucic and Horton and led them in scoring. Gotta think hes worth more than Brown

Old
02-24-2012, 08:51 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Because we're missing someone in the top 4 with JJ gone? I like Alec Martinez as much as the next guy, but he's not really ready yet. Has mental lapses. Willie Mitchell's contract is also up at the end of the year. None of the young guys, other than Voynov, are NHL ready. Muzzin, Hickey, Deslauriers still have developing to do.

But if we're not looking for a dman, then JVR, Couturier and 1st for Dustin Brown is the most ideal package, imo
Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger *Reply *Retweet *Favorite Open
A quality young d-man and solid secondary scorer part of what might land Brown. He's worth it. #TradeCentre

The Kings want BOTH, again the Kings don't have to move Brown. So a team has to meet the price if they want Brown.

Closed Thread