HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I can't think of anywhere to put this...but it is a rumor. I don't ROFLMAO very much but this is from the offical Calgary Flames twitter

@NHLFlames

$10 Million over two years for Hemsky is the funniest thing I've heard in a long, long time. I hope it happens. #whatajoke
That can't be the official twitter page, can it? Hilarious nonetheless.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
I can't think of anywhere to put this...but it is a rumor. I don't ROFLMAO very much but this is from the offical Calgary Flames twitter

@NHLFlames

$10 Million over two years for Hemsky is the funniest thing I've heard in a long, long time. I hope it happens. #whatajoke
Lol wow someone in the Flames PR department is getting fired for that.

Yea it is funny, but the Flames official twitter taking a crack at Edmonton?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:33 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I have no idea what Hemsky has done in the past three seasons that would leave Edmonton to believe he is worth 5 million a year. The guy simply can't stay healthy, so you can't count on any of his production. Stupid contract if true
Yea, I mean it is an obvious ploy by the Oilers to try and get teams to up their offers on him. I just can't believe the Flames twitter would weigh in on that situation.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Wow, that's really unprofessional. Btw the Oilers are talking extension with Smyth according to LeBrun.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:37 PM
DeeMeck

LMAO....Flames deleted tweet, but it is too late

it now says from @nhlflames

We apologize for a tweet that was sent out from our account inadvertently. We are looking into the matter.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...snt-available/

Poor Bob McKenzie...caught with his pants down in the bathroom stall that just flooded.

Quote:
IF LAK are no longer considering trading Dustin Brown, as @FriedgeHNIC tweeted, I can most certainly assure you they were. #TradeCentre #tsn

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bobmc.JPG‎ (28.4 KB, 9 views)

Old
02-24-2012, 02:38 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

@NHLFlames

We apologize for a tweet that was sent out from our account inadvertently. We are looking into the matter.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:39 PM
livingminimal

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll say it again here: Bernier alone is not going to get you a t6 forward. It just isn't.
the Wild dangled Josh Harding FOREVER in an effort to get a scorer for their anemic offense and found no takers. Harding two years ago was positioned and regarded almost exactly where Joe is now. Nearly identical contract situations as well. People are just not going to hand you 25-30 goals for a potential goaltender. They're just not.

I think Scott Howson is probably the least pragmatic, overly-optimistic, and sweaty palmed GM in Hockey right and without question Bernier would be a piece of a move for even him.

Ask yourself these two questions

Who at the trade deadline is clearly out of the running, and has a surplus of young, enigmatic, likely perennial 20+goal scorers and doesn't have some semblance of goaltending potential in their own pipeline?

Who at the trade deadline is very much IN the running and is cool with offloading a scorer that got them there to acquire a backup goaltender to the goaltender that also, well, got them there?

This is not 1987 anymore. You have Patrick Roy to thank for so many good athletes choosing to play goaltender and becoming prospects. There is plenty of potential to go around now. Big moves for goaltenders are going to be centered around proven entities. Even then, those moves are made at the draft. Joe's trade value is not that great, generally speaking, and probably especially low now.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I assume whoever posted that Tweet on the Calgary page either got on the account because someone left it logged in or whoever is running it meant to post that on their personal account.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:42 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
This is not 1987 anymore. You have Patrick Roy to thank for so many good athletes choosing to play goaltender and becoming prospects. There is plenty of potential to go around now. Big moves for goaltenders are going to be centered around proven entities. Even then, those moves are made at the draft. Joe's trade value is not that great, generally speaking, and probably especially low now.
Not according to Mckenzie

Old
02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Are there too many players out there whose value is as overrated as Brown? He's not an elite scorer nor a true power forward, and he doesn't seem to be true captain material. But the perception is that he's all those things, since he's a reputed top-6 goal scoring FW, one of the most noticeable body checkers in the league, and is an entrenched captain of his team. The contract is a bonus. If LA gets a difference making player(s) for Brown for all his perceived value, why not?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:44 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
I have no idea what Hemsky has done in the past three seasons that would leave Edmonton to believe he is worth 5 million a year. The guy simply can't stay healthy, so you can't count on any of his production. Stupid contract if true
Heck...that isn't even enough to cover his medical bills...

Old
02-24-2012, 02:46 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:

@NHLFlames

If NHL awards gave out a trophy for best official team tweet...Flames just won it.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:46 PM
livingminimal

Quote:
Not according to Mckenzie

So let me ask again, what kind of immediate help do you really expect to get for Joe?

Do you want to cobble together a package of b6 players?
Do you want prospects or draft picks coming back?

Where is this mysterious elite scorer that a team is going to part with?

Getting a lot of interest and "value" are =/=.

edit: and I'm looking back through a week of Bob's tweets and see literally no mention of Joe. I'm in the states and not able to watch TSN at the moment though.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
Are there too many players out there whose value is as overrated as Brown? He's not an elite scorer nor a true power forward, and he doesn't seem to be true captain material. But the perception is that he's all those things, since he's a reputed top-6 goal scoring FW, one of the most noticeable body checkers in the league, and is an entrenched captain of his team. The contract is a bonus. If LA gets a difference making player(s) for Brown for all his perceived value, why not?
I agree, problem is I have zero faith in us getting a difference maker for Brown

Old
02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
So let me ask again, what kind of immediate help do you really expect to get for Joe?

A first round pick and a top prospect is pretty good value. And who the hell is Joe?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:

I never said we would get immediate help. You stated that Bernier's value is not that great and probably especially low now. A first and a top prospect is pretty sizeable value

Old
02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Tadite

I don't want to trade Brown. Guys as close to a pure King as we're ever going to see.

But I don't think we can pretend we don't know why DL wouldn't be thinking of it. We have one of the worst offenses in nearly 60 year in the NHL and their is simply no reason for it. Talent? Scoring wingers? That's irrelevant. No reason on earth we should be the worst in 60 years.

Except mental. So Brown the player isn't really the question. It's Brown the captain. I wouldn't do it I think we can figure it out but it's not like it hasn't been a problem.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:50 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...snt-available/

Poor Bob McKenzie...caught with his pants down in the bathroom stall that just flooded.

Not Really:

@FriedgeHNIC: Final thought on Brown: Think he was available to a small number of teams (at least two). It got out and snowballed on them.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:50 PM
johnjm22

Lebrun reported that Dean made an offer to land both Carter AND Nash simultaneously.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:51 PM
livingminimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
A first round pick and a top prospect is pretty good value. And who the hell is Joe?
Bernie's nickname, sorry.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:

So let me ask you....... who TF is Joe?!

Old
livingminimal

Quote:
I never said we would get immediate help. You stated that Bernier's value is not that great and probably especially low now. A first and a top prospect is pretty sizeable value

So it's in context, right?
We're talking about right now, at the deadline. That is probably not a deal that gets done here and now.

Dean probably can A) do better at the deadline for that kind of deal and B) wants him around just in case Quick fatigues or the club makes #8.

edit: deadline should have read "draft"

Last edited by livingminimal: 02-24-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
edit: and I'm looking back through a week of Bob's tweets and see literally no mention of Joe. I'm in the states and not able to watch TSN at the moment though.
That's because it wasn't a tweet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
Bob McKenzie on Toronto 1050 today said Bernier alone got Lombardi an offer of a 1st round pick and a top prospect, which he turned down, so including the asking price of Brown (a young top 4 defenseman and a top six forward) would be difficult for a team to put together.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:53 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Let's see how Brown responds to this. Perhaps DL did put Brown on the table to fish for offers, but in the back of his mind, just wanted to shake the team and motivate the captain to lead down the stretch?

Closed Thread