HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 02:54 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

vCash: 500
btw, what was the asking price for Ovechkin?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:54 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Lebrun reported that Dean made an offer to land both Carter AND Nash simultaneously.
I speculated on this about a week back and proposed:

Nash, Carter, and Sanford for Brown, Bernier, Johnson, and 1st

This is probably real close to what Lombardi proposed

Old
02-24-2012, 02:56 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Brown will be gone by the deadline.

Dean is just trying to drive up the price.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:59 PM
livingminimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
That's because it wasn't a tweet:
fair enough, Bob said it, so it's likely true. but a couple of things....
don't know who the team was (so where's the pick, exactly?)
or who the prospect is.

If it was Calgary, looking to maybe phase out Kippur, you're looking at a mid-range pick and TJ Brodie. Not really worth it.

So yes, according to Bob it's a 1st and a prospect, fair enough. Devil's in the details though, and I am quite certain the two reasons I said before (can do better at draft [TDL is not the time to shuffle prospects for prospects] and the small chance of making the playoffs) might put the kibosh on that.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Perro

Quote:
@NHLFlames

We apologize for a tweet that was sent out from our account inadvertently. We are looking into the matter.

A picture of the tweet ios on the Hemsky signing board.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:11 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
I speculated on this about a week back and proposed:

Nash, Carter, and Sanford for Brown, Bernier, Johnson, and 1st

This is probably real close to what Lombardi proposed
Dean might still have an offer on the table for Nash. Howson could be waiting to see if he can get a better offer though (or Nash might not want to come here).

Brown was probably part of the package, I think that's wear all the rumors about him may have originated.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:24 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Brown was probably part of the package, I think that's wear all the rumors about him may have originated.
I can see Brown being part of that proposed package. But I think there's more to these rumours than that. I can absolutely see DL wanting to really shake things up with this team and as a result, deciding to test the market for his captain.

Also, I don't think McKenzie or any of the TSN crew would report it at all if all they had were still-bouncing echoes from a proposed Rick Nash deal. They've likely all talked to higher-up sources in organizations that have had talks with the Kings regarding Brown.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Yea, I mean it is an obvious ploy by the Oilers to try and get teams to up their offers on him. I just can't believe the Flames twitter would weigh in on that situation.
Teams would up their offers for a paper doll who wants $5 million a year?

Old
02-24-2012, 03:42 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingminimal View Post
I posted this in the other thread, but I'll say it again here: Bernier alone is not going to get you a t6 forward. It just isn't.
the Wild dangled Josh Harding FOREVER in an effort to get a scorer for their anemic offense and found no takers. Harding two years ago was positioned and regarded almost exactly where Joe is now. Nearly identical contract situations as well. People are just not going to hand you 25-30 goals for a potential goaltender. They're just not.

I think Scott Howson is probably the least pragmatic, overly-optimistic, and sweaty palmed GM in Hockey right and without question Bernier would be a piece of a move for even him.

Ask yourself these two questions

Who at the trade deadline is clearly out of the running, and has a surplus of young, enigmatic, likely perennial 20+goal scorers and doesn't have some semblance of goaltending potential in their own pipeline?

Who at the trade deadline is very much IN the running and is cool with offloading a scorer that got them there to acquire a backup goaltender to the goaltender that also, well, got them there?

This is not 1987 anymore. You have Patrick Roy to thank for so many good athletes choosing to play goaltender and becoming prospects. There is plenty of potential to go around now. Big moves for goaltenders are going to be centered around proven entities. Even then, those moves are made at the draft. Joe's trade value is not that great, generally speaking, and probably especially low now.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Brown was throwing the body around all game, started a scrum, responsible for the lone goal, I don't know what is expected but it seems like scapegoating to me.

I can say one thing, if anyone thinks that AEG will just let Brown be traded, you will see that won't happen. I don't think they would give DL any rope to touch Brown, Kopi, Doughty, or Quick in a deal. If any rope for any deal at all!
Maybe I was half right.

https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisBottaNHL...30855504547841
Quote:
When an NHL player's name is suddenly pulled from trade talks, it's usually because an owner or team president overruled the GM.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Martyros

Quote:
AEG doesn't even know who Dustin Brown is, so I don't know where you're going with this.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Cruel11

via Mayor

Quote:
"Drew Doughty scoffs at the notion there is a problem with Dustin Brown as captain."

I know for a fact there are no chemistry issues in our room. We all love each other, there are no outsiders.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
topliner967

I know it's been discussed before, but I really don't think having an A or C on the front of your jersey makes much of a difference in the locker room. Certain players will probably lead on the ice, other in the locker room etc. regardless if they're a captain or not.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
via Mayor
and Doughty really loves Jarret Stoll, xoxoxo love Drew.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:19 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Don't these youngin's know, "love is blind". That's William Shakespeare, so don't argue with me.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I think Dean should go after Kane. Would make a great winger for Kopi and trading Brown/Bernier/hickey wouldn't be terrible. Only real problem is what happens to Williams. Maybe Kane is able to play Left Wing.

Kane - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Carter

Sexy top two lines.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
I think Dean should go after Kane. Would make a great winger for Kopi and trading Brown/Bernier/hickey wouldn't be terrible. Only real problem is what happens to Williams. Maybe Kane is able to play Left Wing.

Kane - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Carter

Sexy top two lines.
You tlaking Evander or Patrick. I htin kthey should go after Evander as he is a natural LW.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Rawg
CEM

What exactly would you guys say the kings needs are ATM and would you trade bernier if they could adress them that way? I love bernier but he really doesn't play enough because quick has been amazing

Old
02-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Scoring
Physical young NHL level defenseman (I'm not a Matt Greene fan and think shifting him on for scoring might be the best option available)
Hitting type bottom sixer

Old
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Quote:
Scoring
Physical young NHL level defenseman (I'm not a Matt Greene fan and think shifting him on for scoring might be the best option available)
Brown for Schenn, Kadri
Penner for picks

Greene, Stoll for Harmonic, Okposo/Grabner/ Neids

Old
02-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Rawg
CEM

Quote:
Scoring
Physical young NHL level defenseman
Typical oilers fan interested in Bernier, anything from our roster/prospects and players? from what you just said I can think of peckham, hes a perfect #6 or #7 defender,Jones is also a good bottomer 6er but his hits arent devasting, generally just finished his check with a few monsters this year, he also pks and can score, most of his goals are him either on a breakaway because of a play he made or because he was crowding the crease

(not suggesting a Jones/Peckham for bernier deal)

Old
02-24-2012, 04:45 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrownHero View Post
Typical oilers fan interested in Bernier, anything from our roster/prospects and players? from what you just said I can think of peckham, hes a perfect #6 or #7 defender,Jones is also a good bottomer 6er but his hits arent devasting, generally just finished his check with a few monsters this year, he also pks and can score, most of his goals are him either on a breakaway because of a play he made or because he was crowding the crease

(not suggesting a Jones/Peckham for bernier deal)
Probably based around PRV.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
Brown for Schenn, Kadri
Penner for picks

Greene, Stoll for Harmonic, Okposo/Grabner/ Neids
That's a really bad deal for NYI.

Hamonic is going to be a key fixture on their blueline for MANY years. He at this point has a very high upside. One that surpasses that of Greene.

And Stoll would be worthless considering he is a UFA.

So really they would be giving up two young contracted players in Hamonic and Okposo. (I can't believe you think they would give away neidereitter in his rookie season..........) And the return would be a 29 year old 3rd pairing shutdown D and a UFA 3rd line center.

Just bad.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Rawg
CEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
Probably based around PRV.
Hes such an enigma this year, You get 1 of 2 PRVs, the one you didn't notice was playing, or the one who takes the puck and brushes off defenders to the net, He wasn't really given a chance this year as he was playing 3rd line shutdown minutes with belanger and Jones, people who dont play well with him, An example of his goals were the EDM/OTT game from hockey day in canada, it was like he just decided to show up. When he was moved up a line with offensive players he was actually playing well and getting points

It would essentially be a potential for potential trade, and we all know HF future readers, and then captain hindsights love those type of trades. Here's a random one for you

PRV, Hemsky, EDM 2nd(32nd overall)
for
Bernier, Penner

I added penner/hemsky as I'm not sure how far penners value has dropped, Is he a cap dump at this point or just unappreciated, Hemsky is honestly just for kicks as we've been hearing hemsky to LA for what, 5 years now?

Im also not sure how bernier is valued compared to PRV/edm 2nd

Edit: bleh cant find the game
also not sure how oiler fans would like this

Last edited by Rawg: 02-24-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old
02-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Perro

Only trade I want DL to make monday is Penner for a pick, and stoll for 2nd rounder (maybe).
Or possibly moving bernier only if someone gives a great roster player as we can trade him for picks this summer.

Closed Thread