HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Jeff Carter to LA for Jack Johnson + LA 1st.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:17 PM
EDM

vCash: 500
My source was Hedja's agent and the entire sports agency with which he is affiliated.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:40 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
My source was Hedja's agent and the entire sports agency with which he is affiliated.
Thanks, EDM.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:00 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
So you're Outing an agent and agency? They're going to love having this posted.

I seriously question whether Priest effectively has such power, and whether Howson would have let it happen if he didn't agree.

And i seriously question whether it really happened that way or was trumped up by an agent. They are not exactly the kind of people you want to trust, and tend to think they are smarter than management.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:22 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Re: Jack Johnson,

Here's a link to the Puckrakers discussion of potential replacements for Nash as Captain:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...ers/index.html

I guess I was a bit surprised by Richards' description of JJ's leadership style, sounds a lot like Nash's. I expected him to be a more vocal type, but perhaps it's just a matter of becoming comfortable with the situation in the room.

Old
04-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Without suggesting that Nash is fake, is it fair to suggest that maybe JJ's play makes his leadership more believable?

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Here's a link to the Puckrakers discussion of potential replacements for Nash as Captain:

I guess I was a bit surprised by Richards' description of JJ's leadership style, sounds a lot like Nash's. I expected him to be a more vocal type, but perhaps it's just a matter of becoming comfortable with the situation in the room.
I don't know about leadership style but if I were comparing I don't think JJ's personality is anything like Nash.. JJ has a swagger that I don't see in many players, he may not be vocal but there is something about him that inpires people around him. He also plays the game in way that is hard to not notice, I've also read he enjoys the lime light so to speak.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
He is somewhat new on this team,” Richards said. “But he’s spent more time here now so I’m sure he’s feeling more comfortable but maybe there is more there. Once the season ends, the summer comes, then he’ll really start to feel like he’s part of it. I think he does now but it’s always tough when you first come in. You’re tip-toeing. You don’t want to step on the other guys’ toes, the other leaders on the team.”
I read the portion in bold as a thinly veiled endorsement by Richard's for JJ's captaincy next season.

The Captaincy of Rick Nash has completely outlived its usefulness. Even if he remains a Blue Jacket, the "C" needs to go. To anyone. Except Umgarbage.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 01:02 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
I read the portion in bold as a thinly veiled endorsement by Richard's for JJ's captaincy next season.
Funny, all I read was that when you are new into the group some people don't like to create waves. I'm one that usually reads between the lines and pays close attention to the way things are phrased. I got nothing out of it that you did.

Whether or not Richards has any inclination of who the captain should be if/when Nash leaves didn't come out, specially, to me. The article was slanted that way to begin with.

Obviously Richards gave the impression he believes Johnson has leadership abilities. But that's a long way from pulling for him to turn the C over.

The Dispatch wanted you to consider Johnson as the Captain next year. They and, most likely, you got what you wanted out of the blog/article. JMFJ is a great story, thus far. Only natural this is where peoples hopes are starting to lie.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post

I read that same section as suggesting JMFJ has some weird fascination with toes. Weirdo.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:55 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Here's another discussion on the captaincy with, perhaps, a bit less bias toward one candidate:

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2012/4/...ins-courageous

Old
04-02-2012, 02:26 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Here's another discussion on the captaincy with, perhaps, a bit less bias toward one candidate:

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2012/4/...ins-courageous
Assuming there isn't anything that strays too from from the expected actions, I think there is merit letting Prospal take it until we are ready to hand it over to the true successor. While I love JMFJ, I think another year or two of the reshape will allow the eventual leader to grow and take that role.

If that is JMFJ, let him refine his game without the pressure of the C while trying to bring a franchise out from the ashes.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Assuming there isn't anything that strays too from from the expected actions, I think there is merit letting Prospal take it until we are ready to hand it over to the true successor. While I love JMFJ, I think another year or two of the reshape will allow the eventual leader to grow and take that role.

If that is JMFJ, let him refine his game without the pressure of the C while trying to bring a franchise out from the ashes.
Agreed. Especially considering VP only has one maybe two years left, he would be a natural bridge to whomever steps forward or grows into it.

I post, therefore I am.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:55 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

I'm sure the bluejacketsxtra guys are enjoying yanking the fans' chain with the captaincy question. Thing is, the rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated.

I would have rather they did a piece on YORK. He's the more interesting story right now.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:28 AM
davidbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post

This is how I feel, too. JMFJ will be the captain of this team, but why hurry it when Vinny is there to guide things?

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
This is how I feel, too. JMFJ will be the captain of this team, but why hurry it when Vinny is there to guide things?
I have no problem with Vinny as the stop-gap captain. The transitional captain.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Nordique

Jack closes out the season at a 50 point pace.

Through 20 games:

3 goals
9 assists
+4

Not bad at all.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
The +4 will surprise a lot of Kings fans and general fans who know his infamous +/- with the Kings.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:13 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
The +4 will surprise a lot of Kings fans and general fans who know his infamous +/- with the Kings.
Both JMFJ and Doughty played 21 games after the trade.

Doughty 3+6=9 points, -2
Johnson 4+10=14 points, +5

For the 1st time in his career JJ is a plus player and for the 1st time since his rookie season Dougty finished the year with a minus.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

So would it be better if it was this years 1st or next years? IMO I think this years would be better.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:47 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
So would it be better if it was this years 1st or next years? IMO I think this years would be better.
Only if confirmed the pick can be packaged to move up for someone.. otherwise next year would be much smarter with how good the draft looks and how LA could fall a part and that pick has potential to be really nice.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
Only if confirmed the pick can be packaged to move up for someone.. otherwise next year would be much smarter with how good the draft looks and how LA could fall a part and that pick has potential to be really nice.
While that is true, they are also playing against the President trophy winners and are in the 8th spot. If they lose to the Nucks, I'd probably take this pick but if LA wins, I'd take next years.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
While that is true, they are also playing against the President trophy winners and are in the 8th spot. If they lose to the Nucks, I'd probably take this pick but if LA wins, I'd take next years.
i agree...just wonder if they lose will that 1st plus either moore or savard (+?) get us back into the top ten to grab either galchenyk or demba/murray?

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:37 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
picking outside the top 10 in this draft is sounding like a much worse idea than picking mid 1st next year.. if you can't move up with with pick then I don't know why jackets do it even if that pick is #15-16

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Kashie14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
picking outside the top 10 in this draft is sounding like a much worse idea than picking mid 1st next year.. if you can't move up with with pick then I don't know why jackets do it even if that pick is #15-16
I remember at this time last year that this draft was getting highly heralded as being very strong and deep. That changed pretty drastically over the course of the year, to the point where this is now a weak draft outside the top 10.

If there's someone the scouts like in the range we have the pick, great. If not, wait until next year. I'd imagine they'd err on the side of taking the pick this year though, since it helps one year sooner and I doubt the Kings do worse next year.

Kashie14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Xoggz22

Every year the next draft is "better". We hear it time and again. Last year at this time 2012 was supposed to be the year of the defenseman and a lot of high end prospects....

My view....if you like a player in the 15-18 range this year or if Vancouver does and is willing to swing a deal for Schneider around this pick you executre it this year. Who knows what next year ends up being.

Last edited by Xoggz22: 04-09-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote