HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What to do with the Draft Picks

Old
02-24-2012, 12:00 PM
JFleegs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post

To post youtube videos put eveything that comes after the youtube.com/watch?v=

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrGmOjLNc4s&feature=youtu.be

in the youtube tags [YT]here. [/YT ]
Cool thanks alot!

Hopefully we can snag this kid with a 2nd rounder but most likely it will take Detroits 1st..It will be interesting to see this new scouting group at work if we keep most all these draft picks.

I agree, 2nd rounder for Suters rights would be awesome!

JFleegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:51 PM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
"Going in, we know that this year's draft is deep with defensemen in the first round," (NHL Central Scouting Director Dan) Marr told NHL.com this week. "We know that the top end of the draft offers some marquee players. Will they be as strong as a lot of other players in years' past? Maybe not.

"But once you get past the middle part of the first round, I think it's going to be like dropping a jar of marbles on the floor. This draft is deep, but it's just not deep at the top-top end. It's deep in that next class. Scouts will have players projected in different spots but that doesn't mean that the player listed 36th on one list won't be as good as the 16th best player on another list."

Judging by the fact that Yzerman is stockpiling first- and second-round picks as he remakes the Lightning, there is a believe that many teams agree with that assessment.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=618718

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Bolt32

Screw it, draft both of them!

Bolt32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:34 PM
The Yzerplan
Not enough goalies

vCash: 586
I would prefer to draft defensemen with our early picks rather than goaltenders because we don't have any high-end D-talent in our system. And Tokarski seems like he could be NHL-ready in a few years.

The Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamkos 91 View Post
I would prefer to draft defensemen with our early picks rather than goaltenders because we don't have any high-end D-talent in our system. And Tokarski seems like he could be NHL-ready in a few years.
Yes, but you always look for his replacement. If we draft these goalies, they will still need to develop another year or two in the Juniors before they see AHL ice time. That time there in the Juniors will be given to TIC to continue to start for the ADS. Once they the Junior careers are over, Tic will be called up as a back up and the Russian's will take over the net for Norfolk. Its all a process, but you always have to think two or three steps ahead.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:02 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

We have 6 picks in the first 2 rounds and then a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round pick, so chances are we can address our needs and get a defenseman and a goalie while picking best player available.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Hockeyfan02

-TB first rounder: Make the pick
-Det first rounder: Trade to either move up or address goaltending/defense.
-Second rounders: I'd like to see Yzerman keep three of the four to build prospect depth. Another one can be used similar to the Det pick as part of a package to move up or address a need.

Yzerman is in a good spot with these picks to add another blue chip prospect to the organization, build more depth, and address needs on the big club. Obviously all drafts are important but this can be a draft where the franchise turns the corner and Yzerman starts to build towards being a consistent contender.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:25 PM
BoltSTH

Consus top 30. As of today we are picking 7 and 30

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1115581

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:27 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:30 PM
stammerhammer91

In the games i saw of the World Juniors the one guy that really caught my eye was jacob trouba. He could move the puck, very fast and he hit people. He always seemed to make the right play. I would love to draft him with our first pick

stammerhammer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:16 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 View Post
In the games i saw of the World Juniors the one guy that really caught my eye was jacob trouba. He could move the puck, very fast and he hit people. He always seemed to make the right play. I would love to draft him with our first pick
If we don't get a high enough pick for Murray he's the next one I would like to see drafted.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:00 PM
IdealisticSniper

Use our pick on Murray or Dumba.

Use the Detroit pick plus one of the 2nds thats not ours to get Schneider (maybe hae to throw in a 3rd round pick or a mid level prospect).

Use our 2nd round pick to go BPA.

Use another one of the available 2nd round picks to trade for Suters rights (obviously if hes available).

Every other pick draft BPA.

If there is a chance in hell of getting both Schneider and Suter signed here in the offseason, all that would be needed is some small moves to fill in the remaining holes, and let the prospects like Killorn, Ashton, Conacher fight it out for spots in training camp. We have plenty of offense, especially if the PP can be figured out lol. Adding Schneider and Suter would give us light year improvement on the backend obviously. Having Hedman, Suter, Brewer as the top 3. Fill in a number 4 dman and keep Gilory and Mikkelsson for bottom pairing duty. Hell Murray or Dumba might make it out of camp for that number 4 spot.

IMO those few moves make us not only a playoff contender but a stanley cup contender.

That is my dream offseason which means its highly unlikely to happen haha. But would be nice.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:36 AM
HedMonster 77

Suter will probably sign with Nashville, he is just waiting to see if the team is ready to spent money to get better - and they are i think.
The goalies - i would prefer to get Harding rights for let's say a 4th rounder, and in 2-3 years take the one of Tokarski, Vasilevski or Makarov(if we draft any of the russians of course ) for a starter, I also really like Jacob Markstrom. Jacob and Harding will do just fine and will be less expensive.

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligthningstrikes View Post
Suter will probably sign with Nashville, he is just waiting to see if the team is ready to spent money to get better - and they are i think.
The goalies - i would prefer to get Harding rights for let's say a 4th rounder, and in 2-3 years take the one of Tokarski, Vasilevski or Makarov(if we draft any of the russians of course ) for a starter, I also really like Jacob Markstrom. Jacob and Harding will do just fine and will be less expensive.
No **** that. We need to answer the goaltending question this year... no more bandaids.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB4Norris View Post
No **** that. We need to answer the goaltending question this year... no more bandaids.
Rather take the patenice approach. Of course I wouldn't mind us throwing an Offer towards Bishop or a Vokoun should he not resign with the caps. Honestly though I think it would be best to go after Helenius from over seas, Bishop or maybe even bring back DJ as a back up and see if he can steal it from Garon.

It needs to be fixed yes, but unless an opportunity comes by where it is a no brainer, we shouldn't (At least in my mind.) sacrifice the future to fix the present, that may not even end up fixing it.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:28 AM
The Hulk

I really wouldnt mind drafting Subban with our late first.

The Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:32 AM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Rather take the patenice approach. Of course I wouldn't mind us throwing an Offer towards Bishop or a Vokoun should he not resign with the caps. Honestly though I think it would be best to go after Helenius from over seas, Bishop or maybe even bring back DJ as a back up and see if he can steal it from Garon.

It needs to be fixed yes, but unless an opportunity comes by where it is a no brainer, we shouldn't (At least in my mind.) sacrifice the future to fix the present, that may not even end up fixing it.
I'll have to disagree. Fix the goaltending this summer. We haven't had a legit #1 since 2004. Trade for a young goalie and let him develop with the team so that in a few years we have the elite net minder this team desperately needs. Drafting goalies is like russian roulette (without the death). You can accidentally get a Lundqvist in a super late round or you can get a Helenius in the first round that, 6 years later, still isn't with the big club. No more band-aids.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:39 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
-TB first rounder: Make the pick
-Det first rounder: Trade to either move up or address goaltending/defense.
-Second rounders: I'd like to see Yzerman keep three of the four to build prospect depth. Another one can be used similar to the Det pick as part of a package to move up or address a need.

Yzerman is in a good spot with these picks to add another blue chip prospect to the organization, build more depth, and address needs on the big club. Obviously all drafts are important but this can be a draft where the franchise turns the corner and Yzerman starts to build towards being a consistent contender.
Exactly this. If we get a pick in the 6-8 range, there's no point in trading up imo. Although Trouba would be my first choice, the talent is about equal between Trouba, Reinhart and Rielly; all 3 just offer different skill sets. Rielly could eventually develop into an offensive defenseman like Dan Boyle but is still 2 years away, while Reinhart has been projected to be a poor man's Shea Weber with the physical tools, big shot and defensive ability but an offensive game that needs more time to mature and he needs to be more aggressive. Trouba impressed me at the WJHC except for the US' final game where he had a few blunders and turned over the puck for a crucial goal vs. Finland. He projects to be a solid two-way defenseman who has a physical edge, great mobility and is quite mature for his age.

For the DET pick, I would package it with one of our 2nd's if it meant getting a goaltender like Subban or Vasilevski in the 18-25 range. The first could also be used to trade for either Schneider or Bernier, but we should also draft another goalie to keep the pipeline strong. Should be an exciting draft.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Picklepete

Send a message via AIM to Picklepete
Well..We screwed up for sure as Ben Bishop just got traded for a 2nd & signed a 1 yr contract !

I would have been happy with Bishop for a 2nd & waive freaking Rolli & have Garon & Bishop battle for job next yr. Give Tokarski another yr, then let them battle for the main job.

As opposed to giving up many more assets for a Bernier / Schneider ect..

Picklepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Schneider is the real deal, he's unreal

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:01 PM
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepete View Post
Well..We screwed up for sure as Ben Bishop just got traded for a 2nd & signed a 1 yr contract !

I would have been happy with Bishop for a 2nd & waive freaking Rolli & have Garon & Bishop battle for job next yr. Give Tokarski another yr, then let them battle for the main job.

As opposed to giving up many more assets for a Bernier / Schneider ect..
but the thing is.. Bishop has yet to prove anything in the nhl.

The Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Picklepete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Stamkos View Post
but the thing is.. Bishop has yet to prove anything in the nhl.
No.. The thing is u give up a 2nd for a top goalie prospect that u really dont have to wait on & develope ! St Louis did that for you.

Worth the risk easy IMO..

Old
02-26-2012, 03:33 PM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
No.. The thing is u give up a 2nd for a top goalie prospect that u really dont have to wait on & develope ! St Louis did that for you.

Worth the risk easy IMO..
I agree with ya. But it's too late now anyway.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Picklepete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I agree with ya. But it's too late now anyway.
Yeah I know but SFY better watch out or he'll lose the F in SFY & his Mojo
I'm mad already about the Downie trade then he misses Bishop.. Damn

Old
02-26-2012, 04:31 PM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Yeah I know but SFY better watch out or he'll lose the F in SFY & his Mojo
I'm mad already about the Downie trade then he misses Bishop.. Damn
I wouldn't say "missed". He was obviously not interested enough in Bishop to give up a 2nd rounder and hand out a one-way deal to him on top of it.