HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Why rebuild? The Habs have almost every piece now.

Old
02-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Aceekay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I don't see why it can't. It seems pretty clear that Suter's going to test the waters. He officially announced that he wont sign before the deadline. He's seeing dollar signs, and we've got the cash to support him.

Montreal should have been a much more competitive team this year. No one saw this season coming, and no one saw what will be 300+ man games lost to injury.

I think if we make a competitive offer to Suter, there's no reason for him to not listen.

Markov is a question mark, which is why I prefaced my entire statement by saying "our blueline basically depends on Markov."

And the prospects, as you say, are good. Yes, they are 2 to 3 years away, so that should be planned for.

In the mean time, attempt to field competitive teams, and use this year's draft pick as a major kick in the arse to our team. We have a real opportunity this year to get the elite offensive centerman of the future for this team.

I don't know why you say that. There's only 3 things I suggested:

1.) Draft one of the 2 big centers, which appears to be in the cards

2.) Bury Gomez, which is a teleological necessity at this point

3.) Make a big swing for Suter, who I think will test the UFA market.

None of those are outlandish. All are good moves, that PG would probably want to do anyways.
Money is awesome this is true, however competitive teams who have cap space and are still looking to add to their team, will be offering around the same as us, maybe a little less. Suter made it very clear that he wants to play for a competitive team. Are we a competitive team? No, that is why neither Suter or Parise will be coming to Montreal this off season.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 12:53 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Money is awesome this is true, however competitive teams who have cap space and are still looking to add to their team, will be offering around the same as us, maybe a little less. Suter made it very clear that he wants to play for a competitive team. Are we a competitive team? No, that is why neither Suter or Parise will be coming to Montreal this off season.
We weren't a competitive team this year. Aaaaand absolutely no one that anyone cares about saw that coming. Bobby Mac actually picked us to be a team who would "make some noise" in the playoffs before this season.

On paper, going into next season, we are a competitive team. I mean, unless literally everything goes wrong once again, and we end up with another lottery pick. Not that that would be the worst thing in history given that crop of forwards.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:19 AM
PATCHESx67

i just hope PG atleast "trys" to get Sutter this summer,obviously somehow he will end up in New York like 99% of the UFA's but atleast try please...thank you PG

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
We weren't a competitive team this year. Aaaaand absolutely no one that anyone cares about saw that coming. Bobby Mac actually picked us to be a team who would "make some noise" in the playoffs before this season.

On paper, going into next season, we are a competitive team. I mean, unless literally everything goes wrong once again, and we end up with another lottery pick. Not that that would be the worst thing in history given that crop of forwards.
Hockey isn't played on paper and honestly what's changed? What's gonna change a lottery team into a competitive team? We haven't done anything to improve our team, in fact we are probably going to lose one or both of Kostitsyn and moen, making our team even worse. Markov if he gets healthy which is a big if, can put us in to playoff contention. That doesn't make us a contender though, Boston, Rangers, Philly, Vancouver, Detroit, San Jose, those are competitive teams challenging for the cup. We are a bubble team at best.

I don't want to come off sounding so pessimistic but our future is not very bright, Suter and his agent understand this.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 06:57 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Hockey isn't played on paper and honestly what's changed? What's gonna change a lottery team into a competitive team? We haven't done anything to improve our team, in fact we are probably going to lose one or both of Kostitsyn and moen, making our team even worse. Markov if he gets healthy which is a big if, can put us in to playoff contention. That doesn't make us a contender though, Boston, Rangers, Philly, Vancouver, Detroit, San Jose, those are competitive teams challenging for the cup. We are a bubble team at best.

I don't want to come off sounding so pessimistic but our future is not very bright, Suter and his agent understand this.
and how do you know that ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

How do we already have most of the pieces when half of this is still unproven at the NHL level? Didn,t we think we finally had a great Weber based on his playoffs last year?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I don't see why it can't. It seems pretty clear that Suter's going to test the waters. He officially announced that he wont sign before the deadline. He's seeing dollar signs, and we've got the cash to support him.
He's also announced that he wants to win a cup. Nashville is willing to give him the cash, that's not why he'd leave. And if he wants to win a cup he's got a much better shot in Nashville where they have Webber. And if he wants to win a cup there are tons of contenders willing to pay him the cash.

Again, why would he want to come here? Makes no sense.
Quote:
Montreal should have been a much more competitive team this year. No one saw this season coming, and no one saw what will be 300+ man games lost to injury.
That stat is a red herring and you know it. Markov's being out was entirely predictable. He accounts for much of that. Gomez (a guy we're better off without) also missed a lot of that time. Injuries aren't the reason why we are where we are. We sucked with Gionta and we sucked without him. It didn't matter.
Quote:
I think if we make a competitive offer to Suter, there's no reason for him to not listen.

Markov is a question mark, which is why I prefaced my entire statement by saying "our blueline basically depends on Markov."

And the prospects, as you say, are good. Yes, they are 2 to 3 years away, so that should be planned for.

In the mean time, attempt to field competitive teams, and use this year's draft pick as a major kick in the arse to our team. We have a real opportunity this year to get the elite offensive centerman of the future for this team.
Sutter will listen, but he's not coming here.
Markov should be assumed to be hurt.
And the other guys aren't NHL proven.

Again you're assuming a best case scenario and that's not how a smart GM plans for things. And a strategy of "our blueline basically depends on Markov" is not a good one considering he's missed two years of hockey.

Quote:

I don't know why you say that. There's only 3 things I suggested:

1.) Draft one of the 2 big centers, which appears to be in the cards

3.) Make a big swing for Suter, who I think will test the UFA market.

None of those are outlandish. All are good moves, that PG would probably want to do anyways.
1. Maybe. We don't know where we're going to finish though. Also this player probably won't be NHL ready now.
2. That's up to Molson. It should happen though.
3. Not happening.

That still leaves us with huge holes on the blueline and that draft pick probably won't play next year. So again... why aren't we rebuilding in the meantime?

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 02-24-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Jaymo
Rookie User

Like everryone else said, in theory it would be nice for everyone to develop as we hope they do, for DD to become elite, for PK & Georges to get some much needed help, and for Price to stand on his head every game. Unfortunately, this will most probably not happen. Therefore, we need to continue the rebuild in order to maximize our chances of having scenarios like this one to occur.

If Montreal can successfully acquire a future #1 Center in Gigorenko/Galyenchuk, I think we're be in the slot. A veteran like Plekanec can "mentor" our offensively gifted star in playing a semi-decent two-way game, we would probably have the type of all around, star power center we've been looking for.

If you look at the current successful teams in the NHL, they have that big, solid fourth line and a third line that can provide energy and a bit of secondary scoring. The next few years are crucial as we have to ensure that our younger players are given time to develop instead of playing guys like Gallagher on a line with limited minutes. If major changes are not made, it may be ideal to let our kids play some more time in the minors so they can get used to playing those top-line minutes.
I know this is for the future (i.e. in three years time) but you have to look at next season as the most crucial one. What seems possible is something like this on opening day:

Pacioretty-DD-Cole
Leblanc-Gigorenko/Galyenchuk-Gionta
Bourque-Plekanec-Eller
Moen-White-X

Markov(Gotta hope)-Gorges
PK-Diaz
Kaberle-Emelin

Price
X

This is very rough and subject to change. The assumption here is that the team unloads AK46 and that the new CBA allows us to buy out Gomez without the cap hit (even then, I'd probably still buy him out anyways)
In this system, Hamilton gets a plethora of young talent to work with and develop. Obviously there's the concern of burnouts (i.e. Fatendresse from one training camp to meh seasons and inconsistent play) but I think it's a worthwhile risk as the players who continue to develop will be have a huge advantage on other prospects.

Just for reference, here are some of our the prospects I'm talking about: Gallagher, Bournival, Geoffrion, Holland, Berger (I have hope for this kid), Kristo, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Dietz, Pateryn, Ellis. Of course there are other young guys who have value but I think you have to look at these guys as the top end. If I forgot someone I'm sorry, don't flame me to death

Jaymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Habsfanatical

Am I the only Habs fan that has a man crush on Griffin Reinhart and would have no problem taking him with our 1st? Or at least trading down from "3rd" to 7thish and pick up more picks and/or prospects for dropping (assets to use in future deals or organizatinal depth). I'd personally like to build from Price out and if we need to wait 2+ years for Tinordi/Beauleu, why not wait for a Shea Weber type player in Reinhart as well?

Subban-Reinhart
Beaulieu-Emelin
Gorges-Tinordi

Price

Not a fan of Kabs and he isn't in MY view of our future, Markov needs to prove to me he can play again before I put him in the lineup.

I'm also with the people that think Pleks could land us a decent package in return.. Any chance Pleks + ? Could land us a mid-1st'12? And then in turn use that to take a big C, Faksa, Grigesson(spelling?), Gaunce, may be there as a big C to build around.

Last edited by Habsfanatical: 02-24-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Young Gun

Trade for / free agents
Two steady d/men,
One skilled top 6
Two bottom 6 with heart and soul and size.

A decent backup goalie just in case price doesn't become an elite goalie or can't carry the load. This team will match any other team

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Trade for / free agents
Two steady d/men,
One skilled top 6
Two bottom 6 with heart and soul and size.

A decent backup goalie just in case price doesn't become an elite goalie or can't carry the load. This team will match any other team
So basically if we address about half our roster we'll be great?

Old
02-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Jaymo
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
So basically if we address about half our roster we'll be great?
While we're at it, how about we move back to the Forum, Dawson can use the Bell Center for classes

Old
02-24-2012, 08:57 AM
rockjngo

I believe Leblanc is a better winger than a center, much like Claude Giroux. Eller is a better center than winger. Eller is our big center. This is only his second season mind you. I'm sure next year he'll have a bigger role.

I would like to see Leblanc-Eller-Gallagher line. Eller is more of a passer. Leblanc is a shooter. Gallagher is very creative ala younger version of Brian Gionta.

And of course you have Pacorietty-Desharnais-Cole. I would not trade Davy. He has proven that he can put up points in every level. Surrounding him with two prototype power forward really help. Cole is Patches big brother. Both Cole and Patches can put in 30 goals a season. Davy reminds me of Cliff Ronning. I remember Ronning to Bure goals. I think Desharnais and Ronning have the same skill sets, great passer, very quick and speedy, not as offensively gifted as Martin St Louis.

Pleky line should feature Rene Bourque and Ryan White. Plek is one of the better two-way center in the league. He can play in all situation. People say Plek is small. He is the same size as Crosby though isn't as strong nor offensively gifted. Plek would be a perfect 3rd line center on every team. A player you can put out there for shutdown. He's also a leader. I'm not sure what Bourque is suppose to do. He needs to play more physical. Some nights Bourque reminds me of a young Shayne Corson (first stunt with MTL). I really hope he gets more involved. Ryan White is one of my favorite Hab. I think he is a guy who bleeds CH. White is an old fashion hockey player who will do anything to win. He can play physical, shutdown, positional hockey. A player who love on your team. White is a player built for the playoffs (Travis Moen, Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby, Mike Keane, Stephane Matteau, Brian Noonen type) those gritty kind of guys.

Our 4th line will feature Moen-Boom Boom Jr Geoffrion-Bournival. We all know what Moen brings to the table. He's just the perfect 3-4th liner who can play in every situation. A Mike Babcock type of player. Geoffrion will play with pride. I have high hopes for this player, he could be a steal in the Gill trade. I think Nashville made up for trading trash for Sergei Kostitsyn. Sure Gill is worth 2nd round pick. But I would probably do S.Kostitsyn for Geoffrion trade. Bournival is going to be our 3rd line center in a few years. He's listed as 6' 200lbs but if you see him on ice, he's built like tight end. He looks bigger than he is, his center of gravity is strong. A player that comes to my mind when I think of Bournival is John Madden, Tim Taylor but stronger.

So the lines I want next year or in a few years. I left out Gionta and Gomez because I don't think they will be with the Habs in a few years. I don't think Aaron Palushaj is NHL material.

Pacorietty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-White
Leblanc-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-Geoffrion-Bournival
Blunden

On defense I left out Markov and Kaberle as I think both are finish (career wise) Markov with career injury and Kabby defensive blunt ala Patrice Brisebois. I really don't want Diaz and Weber back as they are weak and out muscled every game. I would love to add Ryan Suter, 6'1 210lbs can play both end. I would give him 5-6 mil per season. Emelin and Tinordi will hit everything that moves, including little Desharnais backchecking. Suter will mentor Boulieau into a dynamic offensive threat. I would like Subban-Gorges to be shutdown defense pair.

Subban-Gorges
Boulieau-Suter
Emelin-Tinordi

Price
I don't really care who's the backup as long as he plays 5 games a season.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:02 AM
couris

We need a #1 Center, top3 forward and #1 D......

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Jaymo
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I believe Leblanc is a better winger than a center, much like Claude Giroux. Eller is a better center than winger. Eller is our big center. This is only his second season mind you. I'm sure next year he'll have a bigger role.

I would like to see Leblanc-Eller-Gallagher line. Eller is more of a passer. Leblanc is a shooter. Gallagher is very creative ala younger version of Brian Gionta.

And of course you have Pacorietty-Desharnais-Cole. I would not trade Davy. He has proven that he can put up points in every level. Surrounding him with two prototype power forward really help. Cole is Patches big brother. Both Cole and Patches can put in 30 goals a season. Davy reminds me of Cliff Ronning. I remember Ronning to Bure goals. I think Desharnais and Ronning have the same skill sets, great passer, very quick and speedy, not as offensively gifted as Martin St Louis.

Pleky line should feature Rene Bourque and Ryan White. Plek is one of the better two-way center in the league. He can play in all situation. People say Plek is small. He is the same size as Crosby though isn't as strong nor offensively gifted. Plek would be a perfect 3rd line center on every team. A player you can put out there for shutdown. He's also a leader. I'm not sure what Bourque is suppose to do. He needs to play more physical. Some nights Bourque reminds me of a young Shayne Corson (first stunt with MTL). I really hope he gets more involved. Ryan White is one of my favorite Hab. I think he is a guy who bleeds CH. White is an old fashion hockey player who will do anything to win. He can play physical, shutdown, positional hockey. A player who love on your team. White is a player built for the playoffs (Travis Moen, Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby, Mike Keane, Stephane Matteau, Brian Noonen type) those gritty kind of guys.

Our 4th line will feature Moen-Boom Boom Jr Geoffrion-Bournival. We all know what Moen brings to the table. He's just the perfect 3-4th liner who can play in every situation. A Mike Babcock type of player. Geoffrion will play with pride. I have high hopes for this player, he could be a steal in the Gill trade. I think Nashville made up for trading trash for Sergei Kostitsyn. Sure Gill is worth 2nd round pick. But I would probably do S.Kostitsyn for Geoffrion trade. Bournival is going to be our 3rd line center in a few years. He's listed as 6' 200lbs but if you see him on ice, he's built like tight end. He looks bigger than he is, his center of gravity is strong. A player that comes to my mind when I think of Bournival is John Madden, Tim Taylor but stronger.

So the lines I want next year or in a few years. I left out Gionta and Gomez because I don't think they will be with the Habs in a few years. I don't think Aaron Palushaj is NHL material.

Pacorietty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-White
Leblanc-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-Geoffrion-Bournival
Blunden

On defense I left out Markov and Kaberle as I think both are finish (career wise) Markov with career injury and Kabby defensive blunt ala Patrice Brisebois. I really don't want Diaz and Weber back as they are weak and out muscled every game. I would love to add Ryan Suter, 6'1 210lbs can play both end. I would give him 5-6 mil per season. Emelin and Tinordi will hit everything that moves, including little Desharnais backchecking. Suter will mentor Boulieau into a dynamic offensive threat. I would like Subban-Gorges to be shutdown defense pair.

Subban-Gorges
Boulieau-Suter
Emelin-Tinordi

Price
I don't really care who's the backup as long as he plays 5 games a season.
There are some fundamental errors in your logic:
1) We draft no one this year?
2) Suter is not coming to Montreal
3) Tinordi and Beaulieu are not NHL ready yet
4) Gionta will be a Hab next year
5) You make it sound like unloading Kaberle, Gomez, and Markov is an easy affair, it's really not
6) Only one of Bournival or Gallagher will make the team next year, if either

This kind of plan is not realistic and doesn't take a lot of things into account

Old
02-24-2012, 09:09 AM
rockjngo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymo View Post
There are some fundamental errors in your logic:
1) We draft no one this year?
2) Suter is not coming to Montreal
3) Tinordi and Beaulieu are not NHL ready yet
4) Gionta will be a Hab next year
5) You make it sound like unloading Kaberle, Gomez, and Markov is an easy affair, it's really not
6) Only one of Bournival or Gallagher will make the team next year, if either

This kind of plan is not realistic and doesn't take a lot of things into account

I think its' as realistic as you can get. Our top 5 pick won't be ready within two years. Suter grew up a Habfan so there's a chance. I'm saying we need a vet like him. Tinordi and Beaulieu will be 23-21, should be ready. Unloading Gomez (buyout), Kabby (demoted Redden style), Markov some trade value, Washington might want him. I want a team that can role all 4 lines. Yes we need a #1 center, #1 defenseman, but which team doesnt'? Its not like we're going to trade for Eric Staal, Malkin, Getzlaf.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Jaymo
Rookie User

Quote:
I think its' as realistic as you can get. Our top 5 pick won't be ready within two years. Suter grew up a Habfan so there's a chance. I'm saying we need a vet like him. Tinordi and Beaulieu will be 23-21, should be ready. Unloading Gomez (buyout), Kabby (demoted Redden style), Markov some trade value, Washington might want him. I want a team that can role all 4 lines. Yes we need a #1 center, #1 defenseman, but which team doesnt'? Its not like we're going to trade for Eric Staal, Malkin, Getzlaf.
1) Suter wants to be part of a winning team, he's made that clear. He won't come to a rebuilding franchise, case closed.
2) You're saying someone like Gigorenko/Galyenchuk won't be ready? If you look at the most recent drafts, 60% of the top 5 picks in 2011 are in the NHL this year (and excelling), 70% of the top 10 picks in 2010 were in the NHL within the first two years, 80% of the top 5 in 2009 played in their first year, need I go on?
3) Kaberle is not an AHL player, that's not an option
4) No one wants Markov on the deal he's on and his injury track record
5) I'm not saying out team shouldn't roll on four lines, but you're wasting potential by putting both Gallagher and Bournival in our bottom 6, these guys need time to develop and to play top-line minutes.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Ginu

If we're able to trade for Dustin Brown and we draft Grigorenko or Galchenyuk, we're ready to compete if we get more rugged on the bottom two lines and on the 3rd defensive pairing. Those players aren't hard to find. The power forward and franchise center can both be had this year now. We have to do it.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Jaymo
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
If we're able to trade for Dustin Brown and we draft Grigorenko or Galchenyuk, we're ready to compete if we get more rugged on the bottom two lines and on the 3rd defensive pairing. Those players aren't hard to find. The power forward and franchise center can both be had this year now. We have to do it.
I agree with the Franchise center, but we have our fair share of power forwards now in Cole, Patches, and Bourque

Old
02-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Bullsmith

As of today, we're 15th in the east, 28th in the league. In last few seasons we have gone without a first round pick and a couple of second round picks, which has left us thin on high-end talent in the league. But here's a thread assuming that every prospect we do have will turn out to thrive in the NHL, none of our young players will get injured or traded or otherwise have their careers take unexpected turns.

Being a fan is great but thinking that a last-in-the-east team is on the right track is just pathetic. It's like the ****ing Leafs board was under JFJ.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Jaymo
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
As of today, we're 15th in the east, 28th in the league. In last few seasons we have gone without a first round pick and a couple of second round picks, which has left us thin on high-end talent in the league. But here's a thread assuming that every prospect we do have will turn out to thrive in the NHL, none of our young players will get injured or traded or otherwise have their careers take unexpected turns.

Being a fan is great but thinking that a last-in-the-east team is on the right track is just pathetic. It's like the ****ing Leafs board was under JFJ.
Could not aggree more, the rebuild has to maintain course in order to increase the chances of our prospects succeeding at an NHL level. In short, the more top end prospects drafting in rounds 1 and 2, the better our chances are of seeing these guys at an NHL level

Old
02-24-2012, 09:35 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
in 3 years..

Price 27
XXXXXX

Price will be in his prime at this time. Who cares who the back up is.
------

Subban 25, Beaulieu 22

Gorges 30, Emelin 28

Tinordi 23, Diaz 29

Subban, Gorges, Emelin and Diaz will all have enough pro experience to be effective and are all in their prime. Beaulieu and Tinordi will both be on entry level contracts and Emelin and Diaz shouldn't break the bank.

-----

Pacioretty 26, Desharnais 28, Cole36

Gallagher 23, Plekanec 32, (Grigorenko 21 or Forsberg 21 or Radulov 29)

Kristo 25, Leblanc 24, Eller 25

Conboy 27, White 26, Geoffrion 27

I know Cole is getting older and will be past his prime at 36 but there's no reason why he can't continue to contribute at that age. Darche is 35 this season and playing some of the best hockey in his career. But Max and David will both be either in their prime or close to it.

If the Habs draft a RW this summer (Grigorenko ranked 2nd by the ISS or Filip Forsberg ranked 3rd) or can land Radulov, they can have the above line you see.. Plekanec at the age of 32 is very good considering Zetterberg, Franzen and Datsyuk are 31, 32 and 33 respectfully.

Kristo, Leblanc and Eller all have enough grit and work ethics to be a good 3rd "checking" line and at the average age of 25 will have more than enough energy to play any minute given to them. As we have seen, Eller and Leblanc can already play effective hockey this season. They will both have a few more seasons under their belts to improve their play.

Conboy still has to prove he can play at the NHL level but is a big forward who can drop the gloves and stands up for his team mates. White is also a hitting, high energy Forward and Geoffrion might not be anywhere close to where he was drafted but this is what Hockeyfuture.com had to say about his attributes:

"Geoffrion is an excellent two-way forward that combines of size, power and energy. He thrives on the physical side of the game and can often be found delivering some very solid checks. Geoffrion is an outstanding skater with good agility, and power in his strides. He possesses very good hockey sense and on-ice vision. He utilizes his 6’2 frame quite effectively, particularly along the boards and in one-on-one situations. He is sound defensively as well. He’ll drive to the net hard and shown a willingness to go into the difficult areas to make the play. Geoffrion possesses a very hard shot and can get pucks to the net. While Geoffrion possesses good puck skills, he could stand to shoot the puck more often."

----

Now the thing is the Habs have plenty of time to make moves, draft other players etc. But other than one RW on Plek's line and a back-up to Price, they already have every player needed and don't have to look very far or make many moves to have a good and talented team on the ice in a few years. They can be a young team with a lot of experience if they start playing them now.

So ya, the Habs don't need to rebuild IMO. They just need to start playing their younger players now and allow them to improve their skills as fast as possible to be competitive when they finally call up Gallagher, Kristo, Beaulieu, and Tinordi up..
bro we need a total rebuild for one main reason

we have no front line players on this team on defense and forward ...none

and you cant win crap without some top talent

Pleks...Cole... etc.. are decent top 6 ...nothing more

PK .. great talent ...but nowhere near a finished product

the kids upcoming ...love them all but do you trust this organization to develop
with our track record ?

problem is we have no core so when Kristo is ready who is he going to play with
a 35 year old Cole ? or a 32 year old washed up pleks ?

look at Boston Seguin comes in to a nice sheltered young core to work with with no pressure .

we cant xpect all these kids to play prominet roles with a poor support staff helping them along

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Suter grew up a Hab fan? That's surprising considering his uncle was a Calgary Flame. Where are you getting this from?

Old
02-24-2012, 09:41 AM
la25ecoupe

It also depends who is the coach.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:

Ding Ding Ding - we have a winner for the most obscure usage of verbiage.

Teleology.

Made me smile.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote