HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part 5

Old
02-25-2012, 02:07 AM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

vCash: 500
Ah, good example. I don't know about all this Avery talk, but screw getting him if we can get Ott. Petrecki, _____, 2013 2nd? Something in place of the pick? I dunno man, I'm really a bum when it comes to proposals.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:10 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
Ah, good example. I don't know about all this Avery talk, but screw getting him if we can get Ott. Petrecki, _____, 2013 2nd? Something in place of the pick? I dunno man, I'm really a bum when it comes to proposals.
I would go Ott over Avery too, and I'm the proponent of getting Avery. Steve Ott can play hockey and is a good hockey player, antics aside. He's a big fan favorite in the big D. In fact, I believe if he is dealt, heads will roll. For the few hardcore fans, suicide attempts will occur if he goes to the Sharks.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:16 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

I would think Dallas might like the following package:

Ferriero + Wingels + 2013 2nd. Don't think you need to throw in Petrecki. If they want a Dman, DW can sell them on Mike Moore. Ferriero + Wingels + M. Moore + 2013 2nd.

Stars probably demand a 1st round pick back through given that Ott is signed through 13-14, probably fair. Even then, I'm probably throwing out a deal that ***** the Stars, but if DW can get Ott, I want it to be a steal.

Old
02-25-2012, 02:18 AM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

People, shoot me down if you will, but for Ott I could part with a 1st. Our first-round track record hasn't been nearly as good as our later-round track record, so send Ferriero, Wingels, and a 1st over there and boom. Stanley.

Old
02-25-2012, 02:20 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
People, shoot me down if you will, but for Ott I could part with a 1st. Our first-round track record hasn't been nearly as good as our later-round track record, so send Ferriero, Wingels, and a 1st over there and boom. Stanley.
Ah hail no. If you think Ott would put us over the top... And that first can become another bargaining chip like in the Burns deal.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:21 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
I would do Petrecki + 1st (+ Ferriero) for Ott too or something along those lines.

At the least the Stars announcers cream their pants over Douglas Murray (I live in Dallas and if I don't go to a Sharks/Stars game, I hear about their D. Murray crush every time). If DW could get those guys on the phone and sell them on Petrecki being the next Douglas Murray, those announcers would hold someone hostage until Petrecki was acquired.

Old
02-25-2012, 02:25 AM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

I am 100% behind the idea of absolutely fleecing the Stars.

Old
02-25-2012, 02:26 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
I would do Petrecki + 1st (+ Ferriero) for Ott too or something along those lines.

At the least the Stars announcers cream their pants over Douglas Murray (I live in Dallas and if I don't go to a Sharks/Stars game, I hear about their D. Murray crush every time). If DW could get those guys on the phone and sell them on Petrecki being the next Douglas Murray, those announcers would hold someone hostage until Petrecki was acquired.
Petrecki for Ott + Morrow?

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:33 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
In fact, I believe if he is dealt, heads will roll. For the few hardcore fans, suicide attempts will occur if he goes to the Sharks.
I see no negatives to trading for Ott now.

But yeah I'd look forward to the Gin drifting otter line.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:33 AM
glasgow26

What would you guys think about going after Brad Boyes? I know he sucked last year and is having an even worse season this year, but he's clearly got goal scoring ability, could be had for very cheap, and if it doesn't work out, he's a UFA at the end of the season. His best season came when he played on a line with Kariya and Tkachuk in St. Louis... to me, Couture plays a similar style to Kariya (minus the speed) and Clowe is a hard-nosed power forward with soft hands like Tkachuk. Maybe Boyes would mesh well on a line with those two and find his scoring touch again. I don't know, just a thought. Maybe he just plain sucks now, but the guy hit 40 goals once and he still managed 55 points on a down year last year.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:05 AM
maryb

.. maybe im not seeing this quite as you guys are.. but, 2 decent prospects AND a 1st for Ott?

sounds a little like overpayment to me (which at this time in the season may be more understandable).

i understand what he does on the ice, what he does (his career SH% looks alright i guess), and how much focus he'll draw...... but that much for Ott?!? maybe that much to get him moved from dallas to us, but i dont see him worth that and his career playoff numbers dont look great :|

i am an Ott hater (like all of us i assume)

maybe someone could help me see this value if you agree with a move like this (LW/SJeasy?)

maryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:15 AM
Squeeven

Quote:
Wasn't our last good 1st rounder Couture? I can't remember what year that was but that was when we dealt Toskala and something else to the Leafs for their 1st and something else, and we got Couture 9th overall I believe. SOMEHOW Turris, Gagner and Voracek went before Couture. I would have picked Couture 2nd after Kane of course.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftsearch.h...sition=&round=

Last edited by Squeeven: 02-25-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:38 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Couture had some health issues (I forget what he had) during his draft year so he fell.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:57 AM
landshark
Beat L. A.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Couture had some health issues (I forget what he had) during his draft year so he fell.
pretty sure it was mono.

landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:36 AM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
Wasn't our last good 1st rounder Couture? I can't remember what year that was but that was when we dealt Toskala and something else to the Leafs for their 1st and something else, and we got Couture 9th overall I believe. SOMEHOW Turris, Gagner and Voracek went before Couture. I would have picked Couture 2nd after Kane of course.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftsearch.h...sition=&round=
How do you define "good"? Coyle was drafted in 2010 and is looking pretty good. We didn't even have 1st-round picks in 2008 and 2009. 2007 saw Couture and Petrecki, and Petrecki is reportedly coming along (and most people realized he was going to be a project like most big defensemen). And Seto in 2005 was "good" IMO.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
How do you define "good"? Coyle was drafted in 2010 and is looking pretty good. We didn't even have 1st-round picks in 2008 and 2009. 2007 saw Couture and Petrecki, and Petrecki is reportedly coming along (and most people realized he was going to be a project like most big defensemen). And Seto in 2005 was "good" IMO.
Seto is a 3rd liner, Petrecki and Coyle are nothing at the moment. Wouldn't call that good.

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:03 AM
Sharksfan83

vCash: 50
I cant see Dallas moving Ott. They're 8th right now.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:58 AM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
Seto is a 3rd liner, Petrecki and Coyle are nothing at the moment. Wouldn't call that good.
Well, in that case, it appears that no prospect who's not in the NHL is "good". Dougie Hamilton is apparently a failure by your standards. Among many others. Since it's all about "at the moment".

And Seto is a 2nd-liner at worst. He's better than anyone we currently have on our 3rd line, and despite missing at least a dozen games so far still has more PP points than anyone else on the Wild, including Dany "***-ing All Star" Heatley.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:51 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Didn't he have some kind of back injury too?

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:53 AM
stalockrox

Here's a series of tweets from Aaron Portzline last night, he's the one guy I'm pretty sure has accurate info on Rick Nash (I still think Dreger is just trying to stir the pot and get people to go to their site with the info he puts out):

Quote:
9h Aaron Portzline ‏ @Aportzline
No guarantees #CBJ captain Rick Nash is traded by Monday's deadline, but might be best for all parties to have a quick ending to this.

#CBJ have set the bar very high and are waiting for other teams to meet their requirements. So far, none of them have done so.

#CBJ approach is that they don't have to trade Nash, but several possible suitors and the Nash camp are getting impatient w the process.

Might be best if #CBJ fans come to terms with the fact that Nash is likely going to be traded. Might not happen at deadline, but ...

Aaron Portzline ‏ @Aportzline
... chances of Nash being with the Blue Jackets at the start of next season are slim.
I highly doubt Columbus is going to come down w/ their asking price - so unless someone steps up, this could drag out.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:18 AM
landshark
Beat L. A.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Didn't he have some kind of back injury too?
You're right, he was injured at the beginning of the 2006 season with the 67's.

article

This article mentions injury and mono, is a pretty good read. Heh Cooch liked Buffalo and all his buddies wanted him to go to Toronto.

A poster in the sharks draft day GDT mentions his leg:

This blog says "cut around knee" and mono:
blog

That's how he fell to the Sharks. well that and the fact DW traded up to get him. I guess Florida was pissed at the time since they were ready to snag him at 10th overall.

Last edited by landshark: 02-25-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: fixed links
landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Wow. The Devils got bent over there. Minnesota basically had to trade Zids. I'm surprised they got so much back.
They really didn't get that much. Veileux and Foster are both completely worthless, the Palmieri they acquired is Nick, the 23-year-old who can't make it onto the Devils' fourth line, not Kyle the uber-prospect, and the 2nd is...a 2nd. Based on where the Devils are likely to finish it's about a 15% chance at a real NHL player, probably less considering Minnesota's draft history.

Meanwhile Zidlicky was second on the Wild in ATOI and was the only guy in Minnesota who could move the puck.

Les Wynan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:45 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/...ruary-25-2012/

Sharks have apparently contacted Leafs, Sens asking about their interest in Niitty.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:02 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
I'm sure the Sharks Assistant GM has gotten plenty of looks already, a recommendation from DW is all it would take to get one. What I've seen personally is most teams target the personnel in sustained success franchise, hoping to kindle some of the success that team has. Usually those personnel study under excellent upper management.
Sharks have two. Which one? Thomas, Will?

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:08 AM
stalockrox

Todays waiver list per McKenzie:

Ryan Russell and Clitsome (CBJ), Boulton (NJD), Staubitz (MIN), Kolanos (CGY). Staubitz re-entry.

Columbus also claimed Boyce (Tor) off of waivers

Edit: No Avery on re-entry waivers either, so the fans that wanted him, sorry.

Last edited by stalockrox: 02-25-2012 at 11:14 AM.
stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote