HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part 5

Old
02-25-2012, 11:16 AM
sharkie88

vCash: 500
Didn't somebody mention that Clitsome would be a good pick-up? I don't really watch the BJs but he has got to be better than Colin White and it might be nice to add some depth with Murray out.

sharkie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Iron Chef

From Sportsnet

Nash to NYR deal has advanced. CBJ gets 1 of Del Zotto or McDonagh, a 1st, & prospect (Tim Erixon). NYR feels offer bests #Leafs. #SNtrade

From Bob McKenzie just moments later
Players on waivers today will clear or be claimed Mon noon. If team wants to clear roser spot or cap space, waivers today are required. For example, I won't be surprised if NYR put Wojtek Wolski on waivers today to allow them to create cap space/roster spot on Monday if req'd

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:18 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie88 View Post
Didn't somebody mention that Clitsome would be a good pick-up? I don't really watch the BJs but he has got to be better than Colin White and it might be nice to add some depth with Murray out.
Yah, he's not bad. Blocks a lot of shots, lots of hits, but he's nothing special.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:18 AM
sr228

Quote:
The Sharks can not add a player w/o moving a contract out - they are at the 50 contract limit.

sr228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Iron Chef

Quote:
I'd take him just so I could hear a Sharks player say "Yeah, we're excited to have Clit on our team"

Old
02-25-2012, 11:19 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
From Sportsnet

Nash to NYR deal has advanced. CBJ gets 1 of Del Zotto or McDonagh, a 1st, & prospect (Tim Erixon). NYR feels offer bests #Leafs. #SNtrade

From Bob McKenzie just moments later
Players on waivers today will clear or be claimed Mon noon. If team wants to clear roser spot or cap space, waivers today are required. For example, I won't be surprised if NYR put Wojtek Wolski on waivers today to allow them to create cap space/roster spot on Monday if req'd
I'm kind of surprised if DW doesn't offer better than that. It's not that great.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:23 AM
sr228

Quote:
Also, he's really not that much better than White and is signed through next year at $1.25mil.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:24 AM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

For those saying, "why would Dallas trade ott? They are in a playoff spot right now." Let me offer a perspective as someone who lives in Stars Country:

The Stars could, in theory, make the playoffs this year, but they know they aren't even close to a Cup Contender. Hell they aren't even a contender to make, let alone win, a WCF. They know that, they are in the middle of a rebuild. And IMHO, that rebuild is going pretty well. They are building a core around Jamie Benn, Eriksson, Gogo, and Lehtonen. Ryder has been great for them, not to mention Souray, who I would think would re-sign with them (Souray is +13!). Nystrom has been a pleasant surprise.

What needs to change in Dallas is the culture. Gulutzan wants to change it, is trying to change it, but really to change it the key players of the old Stars diving and whining culture have to go, and that means Ott and Ribeiro IMHO. Trade these guys, get back some "close to NHL ready prospects" and expect to be a legit Western Conf team next year and going forward. Just my 2 cents on why the Stars would trade Ott (and Ribeiro).

ChompChomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:25 AM
sr228

Quote:
From Sportsnet

1st, is there a reason CBJ needs 12 d-men? 2nd, the Rangers would be beyond dumb to include McDonah in a trade.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Franchise13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Sharks have two. Which one? Thomas, Will?
The one that wasn't promoted last year prob heh. Wayne Thomas I'd imagine, but that's speculation on my end. Though I'm certain he's had looks and clubs keep tabs on him.

Franchise13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:29 AM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
The one that wasn't promoted last year prob heh. Wayne Thomas I'd imagine, but that's speculation on my end. Though I'm certain he's had looks and clubs keep tabs on him.
Will is the guy who was mentioned in an article a few months back and received ridiculously high praise from DW. If the league ever catches on, he's the guy who will be a GM in this league IMHO.

ChompChomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:30 AM
sharkie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Also, he's really not that much better than White and is signed through next year at $1.25mil.
Ah, I didn't check his contract status. In that case I'm not so sure, just getting kind of anxious with Murray out with what seems to be a pretty serious injury.

sharkie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Iron Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
1st, is there a reason CBJ needs 12 d-men? 2nd, the Rangers would be beyond dumb to include McDonah in a trade.
I was just reading the NYR board and they seem to be very against losing him. I get the overall sense that they don't want this deal to happen for that price

Old
02-25-2012, 11:32 AM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I'm kind of surprised if DW doesn't offer better than that. It's not that great.
McDonagh is their #2 dman. As SRox pointed out, I would be surprised if CBJ is looking for dmen. I would think they would be looking at guys like Anisimov, Dubie-Dubie-Doo, et al.

Right now CBJ has Wiz, JJ, and Tyutin topping their d corps. McDonagh would be moving into a pure defensive role and getting his minutes cut.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
To beatMcD, we're talking Vlasic and DZ is probably rated higher than Braun. I hope DW drops out if that is the asking price now

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Iron Chef

Sportsnet basically contradicted themselves...now Nick Kypreos tweeted this

#SNtrade talk. Going into the weekend the #Rangers remain firm that moving Del Zotto or McDonagh to #Bluejackets for Nash is not an option.

Old
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Are you serious? Other than Pavs, we've got nothin to top that offer. Del Zotto or McDonagh could be top pairing guys. Solid top-4 already.

After seeing that, I hope DW backs off.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
I was just reading the NYR board and they seem to be very against losing him. I get the overall sense that they don't want this deal to happen for that price
They're smart. McD is playing like a stud - he and Girardi are playing > 20 min/game of ES against top competition. That would be stupid of Sather to offer McD at this point.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Rickety Cricket

So it sounds like the Sharks out of the Nash hunt. Maybe he was in it to drive up LA's price and troll Lombardi.

Rickety Cricket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:38 AM
do0glas

We could only match that deal with clowe two prospects and our first...I've been unimpressed with clowe but I'd rather keep faith in him then get Nash at this point. He's doing well point wise in comparison I think

do0glas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
McDonagh is their #2 dman. As SRox pointed out, I would be surprised if CBJ is looking for dmen. I would think they would be looking at guys like Anisimov, Dubie-Dubie-Doo, et al.

Right now CBJ has Wiz, JJ, and Tyutin topping their d corps. McDonagh would be moving into a pure defensive role and getting his minutes cut.
Easy, right now, contract aside, would you rate Clowe > Dubi

Old
02-25-2012, 11:39 AM
ScottyDont

I kinda still say we shoud go after Knuble. He was always solid on the Flyers, and his number this year are uncharacteristic. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good. And DW always like his older vets

ScottyDont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Iron Chef

Ha, Kings beat writer is trolling. Said Richards and Carter aren't on the ice for morning skate

Old
02-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Ha, Kings beat writer is trolling. Said Richards and Carter aren't on the ice for morning skate
Awesome - skipping practice due to hangovers already. Have fun with Sutter.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:45 AM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Easy, right now, contract aside, would you rate Clowe > Dubi
Yeah. Dubie has advantages like PK, but his numbers suffer too much when he isn't top 6. I have Anisimov as higher and something CBJ could use. Anisimov can put up points in a third line role. I could also see CBJ having interest in Boyle as a secondary piece. I would also see them being more interested in Kreider than Erixon (again forward vs dman).

I have no doubt that the Rags have more and better pieces than the Sharks in terms of what they can give to the Jackets, whether it is forwards or dmen.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote