HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part 5

Old
02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Gilligans Island

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
He's getting around, and I think it's fair. DW is no bueno at negotiating contracts. He'll get his money.
If he performs in the playoffs like he has, then a 3 yr deal between $1.5 - 1.75m AAV is plenty.

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:51 PM
AKM83
Chomp. Chomp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Nash would put this team in cap hell - I want no part of it,and it would make resigning our own players pretty tough as well when they look at him compared to their production.
Yup, if DW has his sights set on him I hope he's waiting to see if he's available during the off-season. I'd rather have Nash on the team from the start of the year versus mid-season. The team is already lacking in chemistry right now and I don't see Nash helping it.

AKM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:54 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

One thing I liked about tonight was no Zeus. I would love if it DW told Zeus tonight that he'll rot on the bench rest of the year and playoffs unless he waives now.

Then see if the Wings or Canucks want his slow ass. lol

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:55 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
One thing I liked about tonight was no Zeus. I would love if it DW told Zeus tonight that he'll rot on the bench rest of the year and playoffs unless he waives now.
I'm not too sure what's with all the hate towards Zeus. Sure he's a bit overpaid and slow, but he's still good defensively and great along the boards. That third line had a ton of dominant cycles against Nashville.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:

Then see if the Wings or Canucks want his slow ass. lol
I agree. Team didn't miss Zus at all.

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:57 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I'm not too sure what's with all the hate towards Zeus. Sure he's a bit overpaid and slow, but he's still good defensively and great along the boards. That third line had a ton of dominant cycles against Nashville.
IMHO, his great defense and great board play is severely hindered by the fact that he is so slow. I mean he's slow for an AHLer for **** sakes.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:57 PM
TNT8592

im lovin the clowe for hornqvist and wilson trade someone propose in clowe thread.

TNT8592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:59 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
IMHO, his great defense and great board play is severely hindered by the fact that he is so slow. I mean he's slow for an AHLer for **** sakes.
I don't think goals were ever a direct result of his slowness though. Early on in the season, this whole board was praising him for his constant hustle down the ice to cut off passing lanes.
Like Niemi, Handzus is far from the first person we should be complaining about.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:04 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I don't think goals were ever a direct result of his slowness though. Early on in the season, this whole board was praising him for his constant hustle down the ice to cut off passing lanes.
Like Niemi, Handzus is far from the first person we should be complaining about.
I have seen at least two against in the last 10 games that were a direct result of his lack of speed on switches.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Thorntonfan97
Jose Bautista-35 HR

vCash: 200
Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT8592 View Post
im lovin the clowe for hornqvist and wilson trade someone propose in clowe thread.
I'm lovin the MacArthur, Schenn and a 2nd offer from the main board

Thorntonfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT8592 View Post
Oh yes please!

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Rickety Cricket

In NHL 12 Clowe, Demers, Sexsmith and 1st got Nash. Clearly it is also true in real life

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
In NHL 12 Clowe, Demers, Sexsmith and 1st got Nash. Clearly it is also true in real life
To be fair, that's a solid deal for them. Top 6 forward, top 4 dman, (solid?) prospect, and a 1st rd pick.

Since CLB has so many off. dmen, would they be more interested in Murray instead? That would be better for us 'cause we'd be saving a mil next year.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 View Post
I'm lovin the MacArthur, Schenn and a 2nd offer from the main board
I like this one as well but I would do the JvR trade if we can flip Carle for a pick. We could then move C.White for another pick. I think JvR would look awesome in teal alongside LoCo.

Mhoogasian94123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
To be fair, that's a solid deal for them. Top 6 forward, top 4 dman, (solid?) prospect, and a 1st rd pick.

Since CLB has so many off. dmen, would they be more interested in Murray instead? That would be better for us 'cause we'd be saving a mil next year.
If we can package Clowe with Murray we should trade it with an Eastern Conference team. I like Nash but I would like to move him to Philly or NJ.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:27 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Alright, here's my two cents, if anyone is interested.
This would occur during the summer and would assume that we've made the playoffs as a lower seed and bowed out in the first round.
Warning, you have entered Jux's fantasyland

1) Let both Colin White and Jim Vandermeer go. Nick Petrecki can be our #7 on the left side.
2) Trade Douglas Murray for a young forward and/or a good pick. I'm kind of upset that Downie went for as little as Quincey, I honestly think we could have topped that offer but I'll assume that DW asked about him when he was discussing Moore and was shot-down. That deal would be something like Murray + for Okposo, Murray for D'Agostini, Murray for Galiardi + pick, Murray ++ for Voracek/Simmonds, Murray for Purcell, etc.
3) Sign Brad Suart for $3M/2 years and a NTC. He takes a bit of a discount to be with his family and have stability. Stuey is still great defensively and is entirely capable of regular top-4 minutes, and would tear up easy minutes.
4) Trade Dan Boyle after July 1st once he doesn't have a full NTC. He is still a #1D, and at the very least a good #2D on a competitive team. Think somewhere like Minnesota (heh), New Jersey, Montreal, somewhere that could use veteran leadership and a fantastic PPQB and PMD. The return would be a young winger and a 1st. Think Tedenby/Josefson + 1st, Leblanc + 1st, etc.
5) Throw $7.5M/8 years at Ryan Suter. He likes that we spend to the cap and have passionate fans and compete every year, yet still afford him a quiet, relaxed and not media-crazed setting. He got married recently (I think a year ago~ish) and may be ready to raise a family.

Our defense looks like:

Suter-Burns
Vlasic-Demers
Stuart-Braun
Petrecki

That's a studly D-corps. 3 top-2 defensemen, a top-4, and two guys who could easily become top-4. Suter and Demers are PPQB1 and PPQB2, with Burns and Braun as the respective triggermen.

6) Trade Ryane Clowe for a slightly worse second-line forward, and an above average prospect. I quite like either MacArthur + Frattin from Toronto or Anisimov + Hagelin from NYR.
7) Let Torrey Mitchell and Andrew Murray go.
8) Trade Zeus to anywhere he'll accept a trade too. For a 7th, I don't care.
9) Re-sign Desy, Winchester, McGinn, Braun, etc. to reasonable monetary increases.
10) Re-sign Dominic Moore for $2M (this assumes he doesn't have a crappy playoffs).

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m)
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Mattias Tedenby ($0.875m)
Matt D'Agostini ($1.650m) / Dominic Moore ($2.000m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
Matt Frattin ($1.300m) / Andrew Desjardins ($1.000m) / Jamie McGinn ($1.000m)
Brad Winchester ($0.900m) / James Sheppard ($0.725m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m) / Jason Demers ($1.250m)
Brad Stuart ($3.000m) / Justin Braun ($1.250m)
Nick Petrecki ($1.125m)

GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m) / Thomas Greiss ($0.587m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $67,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,847,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,152,500

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

The abomination that was this road trip may be the clincher in DW's mind in regards to trading for Nash.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Iron Chef

So with the news that the Sharks plane had mechanical issues and they are stuck in Minny overnight, can you imagine what it would be like on the plane if a Sharks player finds out he's traded? It's not like he can just pack up and leave. It would be so awkward and somber on the plane.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:51 PM
wtfisthis

Did their plane really have mechanical issues? Pretty much sums up the roadtrip

EDIT: nevermind just read the tweet, thats just hilarious. The roadtrip cannot end soon enough.

wtfisthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:56 PM
OrrNumber4

Man, considering that Demers is already not liked on the team, I could see him going in a "shake-up" trade.

I have a feeling that of the "tradeables", Wingels, Mcginn, and Braun aren't going anywhere. They have higher value, and are producing, but it may send a bad message...play well, and you become the trade bait.

Looking at the roster, who will be moved? Who can be?

Clowe is the only forward with value who could reasonably be expected to be traded. Moore is too newly acquired, Handzus as well. No one on the fourth line is more valuable as trade bait than they are on the roster; Mitchell and Ferriero are expendable but undesirable.

On defense, Demers seems like the odd-man out. Maybe Douglas Murray?

Niemi isn't going anywhere. Niitty has no value. Greiss has very little value if any at all.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Alright, here's my two cents, if anyone is interested.
This would occur during the summer and would assume that we've made the playoffs as a lower seed and bowed out in the first round.
Warning, you have entered Jux's fantasyland

1) Let both Colin White and Jim Vandermeer go. Nick Petrecki can be our #7 on the left side.
2) Trade Douglas Murray for a young forward and/or a good pick. I'm kind of upset that Downie went for as little as Quincey, I honestly think we could have topped that offer but I'll assume that DW asked about him when he was discussing Moore and was shot-down. That deal would be something like Murray + for Okposo, Murray for D'Agostini, Murray for Galiardi + pick, Murray ++ for Voracek/Simmonds, Murray for Purcell, etc.
3) Sign Brad Suart for $3M/2 years and a NTC. He takes a bit of a discount to be with his family and have stability. Stuey is still great defensively and is entirely capable of regular top-4 minutes, and would tear up easy minutes.
4) Trade Dan Boyle after July 1st once he doesn't have a full NTC. He is still a #1D, and at the very least a good #2D on a competitive team. Think somewhere like Minnesota (heh), New Jersey, Montreal, somewhere that could use veteran leadership and a fantastic PPQB and PMD. The return would be a young winger and a 1st. Think Tedenby/Josefson + 1st, Leblanc + 1st, etc.
5) Throw $7.5M/8 years at Ryan Suter. He likes that we spend to the cap and have passionate fans and compete every year, yet still afford him a quiet, relaxed and not media-crazed setting. He got married recently (I think a year ago~ish) and may be ready to raise a family.

Our defense looks like:

Suter-Burns
Vlasic-Demers
Stuart-Braun
Petrecki

That's a studly D-corps. 3 top-2 defensemen, a top-4, and two guys who could easily become top-4. Suter and Demers are PPQB1 and PPQB2, with Burns and Braun as the respective triggermen.

6) Trade Ryane Clowe for a slightly worse second-line forward, and an above average prospect. I quite like either MacArthur + Frattin from Toronto or Anisimov + Hagelin from NYR.
7) Let Torrey Mitchell and Andrew Murray go.
8) Trade Zeus to anywhere he'll accept a trade too. For a 7th, I don't care.
9) Re-sign Desy, Winchester, McGinn, Braun, etc. to reasonable monetary increases.
10) Re-sign Dominic Moore for $2M (this assumes he doesn't have a crappy playoffs).

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m)
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Mattias Tedenby ($0.875m)
Matt D'Agostini ($1.650m) / Dominic Moore ($2.000m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
Matt Frattin ($1.300m) / Andrew Desjardins ($1.000m) / Jamie McGinn ($1.000m)
Brad Winchester ($0.900m) / James Sheppard ($0.725m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m) / Jason Demers ($1.250m)
Brad Stuart ($3.000m) / Justin Braun ($1.250m)
Nick Petrecki ($1.125m)

GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m) / Thomas Greiss ($0.587m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $67,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,847,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,152,500
I like this team!!! I've always wanted Suter on this team. We may have to offer more for Suter unless Weber gets more. I truly believe they'll sign Suter and trade Weber for picks.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Man, considering that Demers is already not liked on the team, I could see him going in a "shake-up" trade.

I have a feeling that of the "tradeables", Wingels, Mcginn, and Braun aren't going anywhere. They have higher value, and are producing, but it may send a bad message...play well, and you become the trade bait.

Clowe is the only forward with value who could reasonably be expected to be traded. Moore is too newly acquired, Handzus as well. No one on the fourth line is more valuable as trade bait than they are on the roster; Mitchell and Ferriero are expendable but undesirable.

Niemi isn't going anywhere. Niitty has no value. Greiss has very little value if any at all.
Go on...

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post

Where do you get that Demers is not liked on the team?

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:02 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Heads up to people that I will be putting up a Deadline day GDT at midnight tonight, so this thread may or may not become obsolete at that point. Keep in mind when you're posting crackpot theories or Armchair GM fever dreams that if the discussion migrates, you may have posted that 5000 word opus and never see any response to it.

That said, there's still 3 hours until midnight, and it might even be fine just to leave the GDT relatively inactive until tomorrow morning if discussion is moving along here, so carry on as usual here for the time being.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 35 GP, 13-17-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:04 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Heads up to people that I will be putting up a Deadline day GDT at midnight tonight, so this thread may or may not become obsolete at that point. Keep in mind when you're posting crackpot theories or Armchair GM fever dreams that if the discussion migrates, you may have posted that 5000 word opus and never see any response to it.
I get it, I get it.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote