HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part 5

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 11:39 PM
  #626
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 13,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
"Legally since you are no longer property of the team, you have to stay in the bathroom for the rest of the flight."
Nah they'll give him a parachute and kick him out midflight while flying over the city he's been traded to.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
  #627
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel
 
ChompChomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX (Ugh)
Country: United States
Posts: 9,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Ah hail naw. Two firsts + top-6 prospect + potential top-4 d-man + current top-6 forward for a younger top-6 forward and a UFA?
If it's an overpayment, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure it isn't an underpayment. I figure Demers has extra value to the Habs because he is French-Canadian.

So Clowe + Demers + Nieto + 2nd for AK and Max Pac? Done deal?

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
  #628
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,286
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
I don't mean like he's being ostracized at parties. I mean that the coaching staff doesn't seem that high on him.

He was benched during the playoffs last year, even though he had something one would typically play through. He was on the IR for a really long time this year and only came off when everyone else went down with injury...then last year, where he didn't get the playing time he deserved, IMO. Throw in the spat he had with Vlasic, and I imagine he is the odd-man-out. Compared to Braun; this year he's been given a lot more responsibility.

The final thing that really sealed it for me, was the fact that DW typically gives some of these high-potential prospects good contracts. Michalek, Carle, Mitchell, etc. all got very nice $ figures. Demers actually got a reasonable contract...
He was injured. There is no way in hell that the coaching staff played Huskins over Demers because he's in the doghouse. Babcock himself said that Demers was the Sharks best d-man in the Wings series.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
  #629
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,036
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Would love to fleece the Habs. Is Clowe + Demers + Nieto + 2 firsts fair trade for AK + Max Pac? AK could be had cheaply, but it's Max Pac that the Habs would demand a lot for.
You fleeced the Sharks on accident.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:41 PM
  #630
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
So Clowe + Demers + Nieto + 2nd for AK and Max Pac? Done deal?
What is wrong with you; I wouldn't even trade Clowe+Nieto for MaxPac. I don't understand HF's mancrush on this guy.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM
  #631
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,286
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
If it's an overpayment, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure it isn't an underpayment. I figure Demers has extra value to the Habs because he is French-Canadian.

So Clowe + Demers + Nieto + 2nd for AK and Max Pac? Done deal?
I think Clowe + Demers + Nieto + 1st for AK + Patches + 2nd would be our best offer. But I don't think it'd be enough, honestly. They value Pacioretty like we value Couture.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM
  #632
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 8,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Tomorrow, when they're flying. On the trade deadline.
Turn off Wifi, make them watch Rocky or Miracle on Ice. Something where an athlete or team shows some balls. Maybe they'll find them on the plane.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM
  #633
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,669
vCash: 500
Replacing Boyle with Suter is not a good move.

Suter is another Vlasic(+). SJ needs another puck-rusher. A Campbell/Streit/Goligoski type.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:42 PM
  #634
KirbyDots
Registered User
 
KirbyDots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Would love to fleece the Habs. Is Clowe + Demers + Nieto + 2 firsts fair trade for AK + Max Pac? AK could be had cheaply, but it's Max Pac that the Habs would demand a lot for.
I'm warning you, right now DW! If you trade Nieto, I will stab you, in the neck, with a knife!

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:43 PM
  #635
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel
 
ChompChomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX (Ugh)
Country: United States
Posts: 9,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
What is wrong with you; I wouldn't even trade Clowe+Nieto for MaxPac. I don't understand HF's mancrush on this guy.
I think you are in the minority on this one. Max Pac's a hell of a young player. Speed, size and can score (actually DOES score too) . How many wingers do we currently have that have all of those tools? I'd do Clowe + Demers for Max Pac + pick right now, but I'm sure many here would cry foul.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:44 PM
  #636
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
He was injured. There is no way in hell that the coaching staff played Huskins over Demers because he's in the doghouse. Babcock himself said that Demers was the Sharks best d-man in the Wings series.
This was discussed over and over again during the VAN series and the offseason, but the general conclusion was that Demers more-than-likely could have played, but TMac didn't for some reason.


Let me remind others that this is a coach who gave a lot of ice time to Wallin, Huskins, and White. OVER Demers....

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:44 PM
  #637
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,286
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Replacing Boyle with Suter is not a good move.

Suter is another Vlasic(+). SJ needs another puck-rusher. A Campbell/Streit/Goligoski type.
Suter is Vlasic in the defensive zone, but also a great PMD.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:47 PM
  #638
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Suter is Vlasic in the defensive zone, but also a great PMD.
It isn't the same. Suter has a good shot and a good first-pass, but he doesn't have Boyle explosiveness, speed, skating ability, and creativity. Boyle is one of the best offensive defensemen, as well as one of the best playoff d-men out there. Suter is 90% of Vlasic defensively with Demers's ceiling offensively. Very, very good, but not exactly what this team needs. Certainly not worth 7-8 million/year.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:48 PM
  #639
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 37,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
I don't mean like he's being ostracized at parties. I mean that the coaching staff doesn't seem that high on him.

He was benched during the playoffs last year, even though he had something one would typically play through. He was on the IR for a really long time this year and only came off when everyone else went down with injury...then last year, where he didn't get the playing time he deserved, IMO. Throw in the spat he had with Vlasic, and I imagine he is the odd-man-out. Compared to Braun; this year he's been given a lot more responsibility.

The final thing that really sealed it for me, was the fact that DW typically gives some of these high-potential prospects good contracts. Michalek, Carle, Mitchell, etc. all got very nice $ figures. Demers actually got a reasonable contract...
Wow, there is no arguing with this because it's just plain wrong. Your version of events is so dramatically different from what really happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
This was discussed over and over again during the VAN series and the offseason, but the general conclusion was that Demers more-than-likely could have played, but TMac didn't for some reason.


Let me remind others that this is a coach who gave a lot of ice time to Wallin, Huskins, and White. OVER Demers....
The general conclusion was not at all what you stated. That is merely your opinion that you are warping into general consensus.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:50 PM
  #640
irregardless
Registered Dummy
 
irregardless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
This was discussed over and over again during the VAN series and the offseason, but the general conclusion was that Demers more-than-likely could have played, but TMac didn't for some reason.


Let me remind others that this is a coach who gave a lot of ice time to Wallin, Huskins, and White. OVER Demers....
I don't remember that. I do remember everyone finding out after the playoffs that he had a high ankle sprain and couldn't play because of it. I've never had a sprained ankle before though, so I don't know if what you said in a previous post, that it's something easily played through, is true. Pretty sure we heard throughout the Vancouver series that he wasn't even skating though...

irregardless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:50 PM
  #641
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,286
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
It isn't the same. Suter has a good shot and a good first-pass, but he doesn't have Boyle explosiveness, speed, skating ability, and creativity. Boyle is one of the best offensive defensemen, as well as one of the best playoff d-men out there. Suter is 90% of Vlasic defensively with Demers's ceiling offensively. Very, very good, but not exactly what this team needs. Certainly not worth 7-8 million/year.
Very few (if any) D-men have the skating, explosiveness, and creativity as Dan Boyle. He is unique in that aspect.

However, we've all seen what can happen when Boyle is not on. Maybe next season, Dan Boole doesn't disappear by January. Signing Suter would make us legitimate contenders for a long time. Boyle's time is almost up. Suter is a good PPQB, so we take only a small hit in that regard.

Also, remember that this would be in the summer, after Boyle's had his (hypothetically) last playoff run with us.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:51 PM
  #642
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,036
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Replacing Boyle with Suter is not a good move.

Suter is another Vlasic(+). SJ needs another puck-rusher. A Campbell/Streit/Goligoski type.
Brent Burns, Demers/Braun is enough puck moving. Vancouver has one of the best NHL teams and they don't have that much firepower back there (assuming we did sign Suter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
This was discussed over and over again during the VAN series and the offseason, but the general conclusion was that Demers more-than-likely could have played, but TMac didn't for some reason.


Let me remind others that this is a coach who gave a lot of ice time to Wallin, Huskins, and White. OVER Demers....
I disagree there. He was injured. No chance he plays crap like Wallin, Huskins over a healthy Demers on purpose.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:52 PM
  #643
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 8,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
I don't mean like he's being ostracized at parties. I mean that the coaching staff doesn't seem that high on him.

He was benched during the playoffs last year, even though he had something one would typically play through. He was on the IR for a really long time this year and only came off when everyone else went down with injury...then last year, where he didn't get the playing time he deserved, IMO. Throw in the spat he had with Vlasic, and I imagine he is the odd-man-out. Compared to Braun; this year he's been given a lot more responsibility.

The final thing that really sealed it for me, was the fact that DW typically gives some of these high-potential prospects good contracts. Michalek, Carle, Mitchell, etc. all got very nice $ figures. Demers actually got a reasonable contract...
Couture and Pavs took very friendly 2nd contracts. Same with Clowe. I think you are merely speculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
He was injured. There is no way in hell that the coaching staff played Huskins over Demers because he's in the doghouse. Babcock himself said that Demers was the Sharks best d-man in the Wings series.
You've never presented any proof that the coaching staff benched Demers for the playoffs. It's too incredulous to believe after the series he had against the Wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Replacing Boyle with Suter is not a good move.

Suter is another Vlasic(+). SJ needs another puck-rusher. A Campbell/Streit/Goligoski type.
I don't know if that's really true. The Canucks don't have a true #1 PP QB since they lost Ehrhoff and they've been just fine. They ice strong 2-way dman. The Wings don't really have that true #1 PP QB - though Lidstrom is just so damn good anyhow. Same with the Bruins - they don't have a true #1 PP QB (Kaberle failed obviously), neither do the Rangers.

I think a better approach would just be to have 4 really solid 2-way dmen who are fast and can move the puck really well. Not a clear #1 that everyone depends on (and at worst, uses as a crutch). Suter, Burns, Vlasic and Braun are in that mold.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:54 PM
  #644
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,794
vCash: 500
Demers was one of our best defensemen that playoff run. The team tanked without him. If he could play, he would've played. Demers' ice time was higher than Murray's, Wallin's, Huskins' and Braun's. He was basically our #4 dman.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM
  #645
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,286
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Demers was one of our best defensemen that playoff run. The team tanked without him. If he could play, he would've played. Demers' ice time was higher than Murray's, Wallin's, Huskins' and Braun's. He was basically our #4 dman.
You could argue at the time that he was playing better than Vlasic. And I was never very high on Ian White, so in my mind we were missing our #2 for the WCF.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:59 PM
  #646
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
You could argue at the time that he was playing better than Vlasic. And I was never very high on Ian White, so in my mind we were missing our #2 for the WCF.
I think he was our 2nd best dman but the ice time does not agree with that statement unfortunately. He was our #4 in basically every category - ev/pp (#3)/pk.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:01 AM
  #647
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Let me remind others that this is a coach who gave a lot of ice time to Wallin, Huskins, and White. OVER Demers....

That's because Todd has an irrational love for veteran depth d-men with cup experience being in the lineup, no matter how awful they play.

also I may be bumping up my deadline day thread to ahead of midnight, just so I can get more than 5 hours of sleep. We'll see.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:03 AM
  #648
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,286
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I think he was our 2nd best dman but the ice time does not agree with that statement unfortunately. He was our #4 in basically every category - ev/pp (#3)/pk.
He was a bit sheltered, when it came to ice time simply because he was young and inexperienced, but good things happened when he played. I prefer to think of defensemen's rank in terms of effect on ice rather than raw ice time.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:04 AM
  #649
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
That's because Todd has an irrational love for veteran depth d-men with cup experience being in the lineup, no matter how awful they play.
If only Vandermeer had a ring ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
also I may be bumping up my deadline day thread to ahead of midnight, just so I can get more than 5 hours of sleep. We'll see.
Just posted it now dude who cares - what are you gonna jinx? Any trade DW makes is gonna be considered a disaster anyway around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
He was a bit sheltered, when it came to ice time simply because he was young and inexperienced, but good things happened when he played. I prefer to think of defensemen's rank in terms of effect on ice rather than raw ice time.
I know. I'm just saying I can't make that argument in response to superroy because he was talking about the coaches opinions.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:05 AM
  #650
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
I don't remember that. I do remember everyone finding out after the playoffs that he had a high ankle sprain and couldn't play because of it. I've never had a sprained ankle before though, so I don't know if what you said in a previous post, that it's something easily played through, is true. Pretty sure we heard throughout the Vancouver series that he wasn't even skating though...
From what I remember, Demers said he would have been 100% for a game 6.

That begged the question, that if the sprain was so minor that it could have healed completely in one-two weeks, why wouldn't he have been better at 80-90% than Huskins or Wallin in games 4 and 5?

Even then, with a mildish sprain, like one that would heal in one or two weeks, you can drain it, give him cortisone, and painkillers.

You could also argue that TMac felt that Huskins was better than a medicated Demers. If that is the case, he was still underrating Huskins.

This was a series where Pavelski played with ankle problems, Clowe with shoulder problems, Nichol with knee problems, Couture with a broken nose, etc.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.