HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XIX - "Final Countdown To Deadline Day"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2012, 01:46 PM
  #251
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
more from spector

I'd say odds of Oilers signing Hemsky are about 25%. And if he's going UFA, they trade for sure. After Penner deal, can't afford not to.
I'm sticking by my original thought on this: they've already decided to deal him and an extension is more of a Plan B. He's gone on Monday, folks. Accept it.

Asher is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:48 PM
  #252
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessikaLovejoy View Post
Huge thanks for the updates for those of us unable to listen!!
No problem. BTW, Nuge definitely playing next game. Maggie appears to be alright.

Asher is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:49 PM
  #253
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 53,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I'm sticking by my original thought on this: they've already decided to deal him and an extension is more of a Plan B. He's gone on Monday, folks. Accept it.
I'd agree with this, however if this is the case he should not, under any circumstances play tomorrow night.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:50 PM
  #254
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I'm sticking by my original thought on this: they've already decided to deal him and an extension is more of a Plan B. He's gone on Monday, folks. Accept it.
I accept it, I voted he would be traded. I have seen the writing on the wall for awhile.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:52 PM
  #255
AvOiL
5-14-6-1
 
AvOiL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Ryan Rishaug ‏ @TSNRyanRishaug

"Can confirm there is an offer on the table to Hemsky that he is considering at this time.. Believe it to be a 2 year deal. #tradecentre"

AvOiL is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:52 PM
  #256
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,218
vCash: 500
Rishaug tweeted:

"Can confirm there is an offer on the table to Hemsky that he is considering at this time.. Believe it to be 2 year deal."

Please just get it done.

tv14 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
  #257
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fury View Post
You know where you find teams with only 4 legit top sixers? Not on the Stanley Cup, that's for sure.
Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa. They had byfuligen too, but still had guys on ELCs, and had to have a massive purge after the season.

Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Burrows (theyre not even paying him like it yet).

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen...and then who? filpula?

Crosby, Malkin, Staal (at the time), and now Neal.

Thornton, Marleau, pavelski, Heatley(then), Couture(now)

Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne

Backstrom, Ovie, Semin...and then...?

Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Krecji...sure they have seguin now and in the future, they will also have to hand out multiple big raises.

Koto is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:59 PM
  #258
The Nuge
Moderator
5-14-6-1
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,856
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
I accept it, I voted he would be traded. I have seen the writing on the wall for awhile.
If he accepts the deal on the table, he's staying put. I have the odds pretty high he accepts it

The Nuge is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:02 PM
  #259
Oilbleeder
Moderator
RattsSSV on the avy
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,757
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I'm sticking by my original thought on this: they've already decided to deal him and an extension is more of a Plan B. He's gone on Monday, folks. Accept it.
I feel the same way. This is last minute PR managing from both sides.

I'd be shocked if Hemsky accepted the 2 year deal. All this "fishbowl fear" and stuff is just pandering to the masses as an excuse to why he's leaving.

Same from the Oilers, I think they know he's gone, but this extension stuff is to avoid the same PR they had from Smyth.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
  #260
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up
 
Matt Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
If he accepts the deal on the table, he's staying put. I have the odds pretty high he accepts it
I dunno man. Him talking to Jagr doesn't bode well for him. Im glad Whitney pleaded for him to stay though.

Hall - Gagner - Hemsky
PRV - RNH - Eberle
Smyth - Horc - Eager
Lander - Belanger - Jones

That's a solid 12 heading into next year. I'm not saying those are the lines, but those players are solid. We dont need any FAs or anything unless it's a support role. Then the organization can focus on the backend 100%.

Matt Ryan is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
  #261
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 53,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemsky8371 View Post
Ryan Rishaug ‏ @TSNRyanRishaug

"Can confirm there is an offer on the table to Hemsky that he is considering at this time.. Believe it to be a 2 year deal. #tradecentre"
If he really wants to stay here and the deal isn't a complete slap to his face he should just take it and work towards a longer deal for his next contract.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
  #262
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 53,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I feel the same way. This is last minute PR managing from both sides.

I'd be shocked if Hemsky accepted the 2 year deal. All this "fishbowl fear" and stuff is just pandering to the masses as an excuse to why he's leaving.

Same from the Oilers, I think they know he's gone, but this extension stuff is to avoid the same PR they had from Smyth.
I found that to be quite odd TBH, unless he plans on playing like he did earlier in the year, he shouldn't worry too much about that.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:05 PM
  #263
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
I accept it, I voted he would be traded. I have seen the writing on the wall for awhile.
That wasn't really meant for you, but for the roughly 50% of the people who voted that he's staying. I think they're thinking with their hearts rather than their heads.

Asher is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
  #264
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
If he gets traded I think everyone will be shocked of the return that Hemsky will bring. I think it's going to be bigger than most anticipate.

Reimer is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
  #265
ponokanocker
Registered User
 
ponokanocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
I don't think Hemsky resigns, and LA, from what I understand, does not need another D in a deal for Brown. Would this be enough and would people be willing to do it?

to Edmonton: Brown, Penner

to LA: PRV, Hemsky, 2012 2nd

To much, to little?

ponokanocker is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:07 PM
  #266
Njoy Oilers
Registered User
 
Njoy Oilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern Alberta.
Posts: 3,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I'd agree with this, however if this is the case he should not, under any circumstances play tomorrow night.
Good point. He was playing fairly physical against Philly, and made me gasp every time he went into the boards with another player. Give him credit though, he wasn't shy.

Njoy Oilers is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:09 PM
  #267
JessikaLovejoy
Registered User
 
JessikaLovejoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 833
vCash: 500
Anybody listening to stauffer on OilersNow? wonder what his thoughts are on this whole hemsky matter with the new details released today

JessikaLovejoy is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:09 PM
  #268
MinnesotaFats
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,136
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I feel the same way. This is last minute PR managing from both sides.

I'd be shocked if Hemsky accepted the 2 year deal. All this "fishbowl fear" and stuff is just pandering to the masses as an excuse to why he's leaving.

Same from the Oilers, I think they know he's gone, but this extension stuff is to avoid the same PR they had from Smyth.
They had better have a damn good trade on the table for him if this is the case.

MinnesotaFats is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:09 PM
  #269
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,014
vCash: 500
More from Elliot Friedman:

Brown was offered to a select number of teams. Bobby Mac found out and reported it. A ****storm took off with Deano's phone ringing off the hook. --- I kinda missed the next part --- I think he said LA didn't like word getting out about Brown and backed off.

On Hemsky: Oilers were firm about 1 year only, but have now offered a 2 year deal.

Asher is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:10 PM
  #270
Crude
Rafters 94
 
Crude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I found that to be quite odd TBH, unless he plans on playing like he did earlier in the year, he shouldn't worry too much about that.
All you have to do to find a reason for the "fishbowl fear" is look at his line mate the past 6 years. Its folly to think that Hemsky, or anyone else on the team, doesn't notice the flak that Horcoff takes for his contract. Can't really blame Hemsky for not wanting to be in a position where he makes $5 mil + the next couple of years and continue to see Horcoff get 1st unit PP ahead of him.

Crude is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
  #271
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessikaLovejoy View Post
Anybody listening to stauffer on OilersNow? wonder what his thoughts are on this whole hemsky matter with the new details released today
I listened to Stauffer yesterday and he had a 15 min conversation with DeBrusk about their favorite fighters of all time. I don't listen to Bob often and yet I've heard him have this same conversation with DeBrusk at least 5 times in the past. That was enough for me. Bob may be close to the team but about half his show is filler. At least the 1260 shows actually discuss things I want to hear about.

Asher is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
  #272
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessikaLovejoy View Post
Anybody listening to stauffer on OilersNow? wonder what his thoughts are on this whole hemsky matter with the new details released today
Why? What were his thoughts prior?

Reimer is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
  #273
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegram View Post
All you have to do to find a reason for the "fishbowl fear" is look at his line mate the past 6 years. Its folly to think that Hemsky, or anyone else on the team, doesn't notice the flak that Horcoff takes for his contract. Can't really blame Hemsky for not wanting to be in a position where he makes $5 mil + the next couple of years and continue to see Horcoff get 1st unit PP ahead of him.
This boggles my mind.

I guess you need someone to stand in front, might as well use someone who can't move.

Skm is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM
  #274
OilerTyler
Fire MacT!
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,482
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
More from Elliot Friedman:

Brown was offered to a select number of teams. Bobby Mac found out and reported it. A ****storm took off with Deano's phone ringing off the hook. --- I kinda missed the next part --- I think he said LA didn't like word getting out about Brown and backed off.

On Hemsky: Oilers were firm about 1 year only, but have now offered a 2 year deal.
Kind of ironic that Lombardi is upset about some of his information being leaked to the media, isn't it?

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM
  #275
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
From Dregor

Further to @TSNRyanRishaug tweet on 2 year deal offered to Hemsky. Offered last night. Believed to be $5 mil per $10 mil total.#TradeCentre

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.