HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XIX - "Final Countdown To Deadline Day"

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Asher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
more from spector

I'd say odds of Oilers signing Hemsky are about 25%. And if he's going UFA, they trade for sure. After Penner deal, can't afford not to.
I'm sticking by my original thought on this: they've already decided to deal him and an extension is more of a Plan B. He's gone on Monday, folks. Accept it.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessikaLovejoy View Post
Huge thanks for the updates for those of us unable to listen!!
No problem. BTW, Nuge definitely playing next game. Maggie appears to be alright.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I'm sticking by my original thought on this: they've already decided to deal him and an extension is more of a Plan B. He's gone on Monday, folks. Accept it.
I'd agree with this, however if this is the case he should not, under any circumstances play tomorrow night.

02-24-2012, 01:50 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
I accept it, I voted he would be traded. I have seen the writing on the wall for awhile.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:52 PM
AvOiL
5-14-6-1

Ryan Rishaug ‏ @TSNRyanRishaug

"Can confirm there is an offer on the table to Hemsky that he is considering at this time.. Believe it to be a 2 year deal. #tradecentre"

Old
02-24-2012, 01:52 PM
tv14

Rishaug tweeted:

"Can confirm there is an offer on the table to Hemsky that he is considering at this time.. Believe it to be 2 year deal."

Please just get it done.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fury View Post
You know where you find teams with only 4 legit top sixers? Not on the Stanley Cup, that's for sure.
Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa. They had byfuligen too, but still had guys on ELCs, and had to have a massive purge after the season.

Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Burrows (theyre not even paying him like it yet).

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen...and then who? filpula?

Crosby, Malkin, Staal (at the time), and now Neal.

Thornton, Marleau, pavelski, Heatley(then), Couture(now)

Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne

Backstrom, Ovie, Semin...and then...?

Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Krecji...sure they have seguin now and in the future, they will also have to hand out multiple big raises.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:59 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
I accept it, I voted he would be traded. I have seen the writing on the wall for awhile.
If he accepts the deal on the table, he's staying put. I have the odds pretty high he accepts it

Old
02-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
I feel the same way. This is last minute PR managing from both sides.

I'd be shocked if Hemsky accepted the 2 year deal. All this "fishbowl fear" and stuff is just pandering to the masses as an excuse to why he's leaving.

Same from the Oilers, I think they know he's gone, but this extension stuff is to avoid the same PR they had from Smyth.

02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
If he accepts the deal on the table, he's staying put. I have the odds pretty high he accepts it
I dunno man. Him talking to Jagr doesn't bode well for him. Im glad Whitney pleaded for him to stay though.

Hall - Gagner - Hemsky
PRV - RNH - Eberle
Smyth - Horc - Eager
Lander - Belanger - Jones

That's a solid 12 heading into next year. I'm not saying those are the lines, but those players are solid. We dont need any FAs or anything unless it's a support role. Then the organization can focus on the backend 100%.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemsky8371 View Post
Ryan Rishaug ‏ @TSNRyanRishaug

"Can confirm there is an offer on the table to Hemsky that he is considering at this time.. Believe it to be a 2 year deal. #tradecentre"
If he really wants to stay here and the deal isn't a complete slap to his face he should just take it and work towards a longer deal for his next contract.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post

I'd be shocked if Hemsky accepted the 2 year deal. All this "fishbowl fear" and stuff is just pandering to the masses as an excuse to why he's leaving.

Same from the Oilers, I think they know he's gone, but this extension stuff is to avoid the same PR they had from Smyth.
I found that to be quite odd TBH, unless he plans on playing like he did earlier in the year, he shouldn't worry too much about that.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Asher

Quote:
That wasn't really meant for you, but for the roughly 50% of the people who voted that he's staying. I think they're thinking with their hearts rather than their heads.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

If he gets traded I think everyone will be shocked of the return that Hemsky will bring. I think it's going to be bigger than most anticipate.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
ponokanocker

I don't think Hemsky resigns, and LA, from what I understand, does not need another D in a deal for Brown. Would this be enough and would people be willing to do it?

to Edmonton: Brown, Penner

to LA: PRV, Hemsky, 2012 2nd

To much, to little?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I'd agree with this, however if this is the case he should not, under any circumstances play tomorrow night.
Good point. He was playing fairly physical against Philly, and made me gasp every time he went into the boards with another player. Give him credit though, he wasn't shy.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:09 PM
JessikaLovejoy

Anybody listening to stauffer on OilersNow? wonder what his thoughts are on this whole hemsky matter with the new details released today

Old
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post

They had better have a damn good trade on the table for him if this is the case.

Old
Asher

More from Elliot Friedman:

Brown was offered to a select number of teams. Bobby Mac found out and reported it. A ****storm took off with Deano's phone ringing off the hook. --- I kinda missed the next part --- I think he said LA didn't like word getting out about Brown and backed off.

On Hemsky: Oilers were firm about 1 year only, but have now offered a 2 year deal.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Crude
Rafters 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I found that to be quite odd TBH, unless he plans on playing like he did earlier in the year, he shouldn't worry too much about that.
All you have to do to find a reason for the "fishbowl fear" is look at his line mate the past 6 years. Its folly to think that Hemsky, or anyone else on the team, doesn't notice the flak that Horcoff takes for his contract. Can't really blame Hemsky for not wanting to be in a position where he makes $5 mil + the next couple of years and continue to see Horcoff get 1st unit PP ahead of him.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Asher

Quote:
Anybody listening to stauffer on OilersNow? wonder what his thoughts are on this whole hemsky matter with the new details released today
I listened to Stauffer yesterday and he had a 15 min conversation with DeBrusk about their favorite fighters of all time. I don't listen to Bob often and yet I've heard him have this same conversation with DeBrusk at least 5 times in the past. That was enough for me. Bob may be close to the team but about half his show is filler. At least the 1260 shows actually discuss things I want to hear about.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Why? What were his thoughts prior?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Skm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegram View Post
All you have to do to find a reason for the "fishbowl fear" is look at his line mate the past 6 years. Its folly to think that Hemsky, or anyone else on the team, doesn't notice the flak that Horcoff takes for his contract. Can't really blame Hemsky for not wanting to be in a position where he makes $5 mil + the next couple of years and continue to see Horcoff get 1st unit PP ahead of him.
This boggles my mind.

I guess you need someone to stand in front, might as well use someone who can't move.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM
OilerTyler
Fire MacT!

Quote:
More from Elliot Friedman:

Brown was offered to a select number of teams. Bobby Mac found out and reported it. A ****storm took off with Deano's phone ringing off the hook. --- I kinda missed the next part --- I think he said LA didn't like word getting out about Brown and backed off.

On Hemsky: Oilers were firm about 1 year only, but have now offered a 2 year deal.
Kind of ironic that Lombardi is upset about some of his information being leaked to the media, isn't it?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM
hockeyaddict101

From Dregor

Further to @TSNRyanRishaug tweet on 2 year deal offered to Hemsky. Offered last night. Believed to be $5 mil per $10 mil total.#TradeCentre

Closed Thread