HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XIX - "Final Countdown To Deadline Day"

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
The team hires people to post updates on twitter... It's not like the twitter is a GM account or something.
Yes and I'm sure they only want them to post updates in good manner. i.e. the person works for the organization and they dumb everything down like Stauffer now does for the Oilers now that he's on the payroll.

But thanks for the tip that it's not Feaster who handles the "tweeting" duties.

Old
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
exactly, horcoff is a 3rd line center next year.... hell, maybe even 4th line sometimes, depending on how lander progresses
make syou wonder what the plan is for belanger? he could be very useful to a team looking to go deep in the playoffs.

Old
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
They also just said on TEAM 1260 that it has now been removed and the Flames released a statement saying they are trying to figure out who sent it as they are upset at whoever did.
Something tells me you find greasy fry stains on the keyboard.

j/k, but Feaster doesn't get much mercy from me these days.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:36 PM
MinnesotaFats

vCash: 50
Quote:
You and me have the exact opposite opinion of return. Be a couple nice posts to revisit should he get traded.
You mean you think he's been kicking tires and likes the returns, so he is going through the motions of offering an extension to avoid blowback when he does deal Hemsky?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
The team hires people to post updates on twitter... It's not like the twitter is a GM account or something.
Yeah, and those people are paid to tweet facts, updates, news, etc ... not opinions.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I'd agree with this, however if this is the case he should not, under any circumstances play tomorrow night.
Absouletly. If he doesn't resign by tomorrow, sit his ass down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post
Good point. He was playing fairly physical against Philly, and made me gasp every time he went into the boards with another player. Give him credit though, he wasn't shy.
Same here. Every cross check he took had me grimace but Ales has been pretty durable lately, took a couple huge hits and has gotten right back up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
God I hate the Flames.

"Calgary Flames ‏ @NHLFlames

Close

$10 Million over two years for Hemsky is the funniest thing I've heard in a long, long time. I hope it happens. #whatajoke"

^ From the official Calgary Flames twitter account.
lol. Can't wait to see the Flames convince themselves to go for it and trade some more draft picks for rentals.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Oilers' 14/15 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Absouletly. If he doesn't resign by tomorrow, sit his ass down.

Same here. Every cross check he took had me grimace but Ales has been pretty durable lately, took a couple huge hits and has gotten right back up.

lol. Can't wait to see the Flames convince themselves to go for it and trade some more draft picks for rentals.
I think they already have. I have a good friend, nice guy smart...except when it comes to the Flames. He, like much of their fan base, is convinced that Feaster can have free reign to do whatever he needs to make this team a "contender". I can't wait until it all catches up.

Edit: To Hemsky and the crosschecks, I wonder if he was peeing a little blood after the game, lol. Seriously though, I agree, if he's not resigned, he needs to sit. Though with the Oilers' luck he'll lose a finger making lunch or something.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
You mean you think he's been kicking tires and likes the returns, so he is going through the motions of offering an extension to avoid blowback when he does deal Hemsky?
Well imo if Hemmer will stay for two years at 10 million max that is the best case scenario and better than the trade offers out there. However if he is traded I bet it's for more than the 2nd and middling prospect that you suggest.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
make syou wonder what the plan is for belanger? he could be very useful to a team looking to go deep in the playoffs.
i think one of belanger and horcoff start playing on the wing next year (at least when RNH/gagner/horcoff/lander/belanger are all healthy)

Old
02-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Just tweeted by the Flames account:

Calgary Flames ‏ @NHLFlames
We apologize for a tweet that was sent out from our account inadvertently. We are looking into the matter.

Old
hockeyaddict101

According to Pierre Lebrun twitter. Ryan Smyth and Oilers are in discussions about a contract extention.

Old
South Indian Stunna

Hark Hark! I wonder if the Calgary Flames fans shall still be in possession of the audacity to call us a shameless organization now! Eat your heart out Jay Feaster!

Old
02-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
According to Pierre Lebrun twitter. Ryan Smyth and Oilers are in discussions about a contract extention.
That, I believe, is true. The Hemsky talk is more smoke and mirrors imo.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:42 PM
hockeyaddict101

from Tencer

Can confirm the 2 year deal on the table for Hemsky. Also believe that he's warm to it. There's some real optimism for a deal here, I think.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Damn, if that contract is outrageous I would hate to see what their twitter account person has to say about JayBo.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:44 PM
soothsayer

Stauffer was just saying that he thinks (note, his opinion) that Petry has overtaken Gilbert in the depth chart and that subsequently Gilbert could be used as a big bargaining chip. Again, it seemed to be his opinion more than anything

Old
Asher

I'm not a big Spector fan but I like him laughing at the Flames!

Old
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
Well imo if Hemmer will stay for two years at 10 million max that is the best case scenario and better than the trade offers out there. However if he is traded I bet it's for more than the 2nd and middling prospect that you suggest.
I agree that its best case scenario, but only because Tambo has been looking to deal him and the return blows. I'd rather have him for $10M over 2 years, hope he leaches off of the young guys for a career year next year (and avoids injury), and we can peddle him in the offseason next year for a better return. With Hall, Eberle, Nuge all making in the +$5m per year range within two years time, we can't afford Hemsky. Im guessing that the 2 year offer is calculated - Hemsky's contract would expire when Nuge is set to sign his second contract. Makes sense, but the best way to maximize Hemsky's value would be to trade him after next year while he has a year left on the deal.

Old
Little Fury

Quote:
However if he is traded I bet it's for more than the 2nd and middling prospect that you suggest.
Yeah he might land us a late first round pick and two middling prospects #smythtrade.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:45 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
i think petrys play also makes potter expendable as Petry>potter on the PP

Old
South Indian Stunna

Quote:
Just tweeted by the Flames account:

Calgary Flames ‏ @NHLFlames
We apologize for a tweet that was sent out from our account inadvertently. We are looking into the matter.
Do not try for damage control now ******** of scum, your inexorably humiliating predicament shall now tarnish the reputation of your franchise until the end of existence.....

.....which I believe is coming in approximately ten months....

Old
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:

Old
MeestaDeteta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
from Tencer

Can confirm the 2 year deal on the table for Hemsky. Also believe that he's warm to it. There's some real optimism for a deal here, I think.
If it's a 2 year deal, I'm fine with it. Shouldn't put us into cap trouble, and eliminates a lot of risk for us.

Old
Crude
Rafters 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
Does Hemsky want to stand in front of the net? That's the only reason Horcoff is there...and faceoffs i guess.
Take a look where Hall scores a lot of his PP goals from. Theres no need to have Horcoff there considering he can't make a pass to save his life.

Old
Hongolia

What would you say is a fair 2 year contract for Hemsky? My number would be 5.5. Heck even 3 years at 5.5 (front loaded) would be decent in that we could potentially trade him to a low cap team when signing RNH to a deal.

Closed Thread