HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XIX - "Final Countdown To Deadline Day"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 12:55 AM
  #976
tiger_80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I know, but Gagner isn't a rental.

What do they do next year when Backstrom is healthy?
I doubt there is much interest in Gagner around the league. Oilers fans should be happy he found some kind of groove playing with Hall and Eberle, but at the end of the day his trade value is quite low. He will not return a young top 4 defenseman in a trade.

tiger_80 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 12:56 AM
  #977
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,550
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I know, but Gagner isn't a rental.

What do they do next year when Backstrom is healthy?
They have more depth at center, plus there's the Dale Hunter, London Knights connection

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 12:57 AM
  #978
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,674
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
I doubt there is much interest in Gagner around the league. Oilers fans should be happy he found some kind of groove playing with Hall and Eberle, but at the end of the day his trade value is quite low. He will not return a young top 4 defenseman in a trade.
I think he would, but I don't see the point in trading him.

I'd rather keep Gagner and draft Murray or Dumba than trade Gagner for a defenceman and draft Grigorenko.

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 12:59 AM
  #979
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,674
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
They have more depth at center, plus there's the Dale Hunter, London Knights connection
I don't think increasing their centre depth is a high priority of theirs.

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 12:59 AM
  #980
tiger_80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I think he would, but I don't see the point in trading him.

I'd rather keep Gagner and draft Murray or Dumba than trade Gagner for a defenceman and draft Grigorenko.
I'd rather have have Grigorenko and say Sbisa than Gagner and Murray/Dumba.

tiger_80 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:00 AM
  #981
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,550
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
I'd rather have have Grigorenko and say Sbisa than Gagner and Murray/Dumba.
But I get the sense that you think Gagner's pretty much junk.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:02 AM
  #982
Fuhryous
Registered User
 
Fuhryous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Country: Hungary
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Since Jones has been a scratch for three straight games, any chance he may be included to beef up the return? I'd really hate like hell to see him go and want to see the guy stay here as he is one of my favorites.

Fuhryous is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:12 AM
  #983
tiger_80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
But I get the sense that you think Gagner's pretty much junk.
i don't think he's junk, but he's not really a two-way 2nd line centre. The Oilers do have time to wait to see if he continues to develop though.

tiger_80 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:14 AM
  #984
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,824
vCash: 500
Not sure what Washington would offer for Gagner but it had better be significant if they want Tambo to listen.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:18 AM
  #985
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,674
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
i don't think he's junk, but he's not really a two-way 2nd line centre. The Oilers do have time to wait to see if he continues to develop though.
Why does he have to be a two-way centre?

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:24 AM
  #986
tiger_80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Why does he have to be a two-way centre?
Because that seems to be a pattern with championship teams. They tend to have at least 2 center-men that are good at both ends of the ice +a purely defensive centre.

Carolina: Staal, Brind-Amour, Weight
Anaheim: MacDonald, Getzlaf, Pahlsson
Detroit: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filpulla, Draper
Pittsburgh: Crosby, Malkin, Staal
Chicago: Toews, Bolland, Madden
Boston: Krejci, Bergeron, Kelly

Add elite teams like Vancouver: Sedin, Kesler, Hodgson, Malhotra
Rags: Richards, Dubinsky, Anisimov
San Jose: Thornton, Pavelski, Couture

tiger_80 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:31 AM
  #987
AK Dandyman
Registered User
 
AK Dandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Such a good seller market with so many teams outside 8th place still in it, and several teams with a playoff spots slumping.

If there is ever a time that we would be able to get a little bit of something back from moving Khabibulin, Peckham and Barker, this is the time.

I think Teubert, Plante and other young d man in the system will need playing time with the big team next year. Look at what that did for Petry, it's not a bad idea to move at least one or both Barker and Peckham to make room.

Hopefully, Tambellini can make it count.

AK Dandyman is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:37 AM
  #988
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.
 
Gentle Jake Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 133
I'd really like Wideman on the Oilers. Moves the puck well and can play on the first pairing. It's unfortunate that he's a UFA (so we can't really pick him up at the deadline), but maybe Tamby can work his "magic" on him and get him on a 2/3 year deal July 1st.

Gentle Jake Virtanen is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:38 AM
  #989
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
i don't think he's junk, but he's not really a two-way 2nd line centre. The Oilers do have time to wait to see if he continues to develop though.
Even if the Oil draft Grigorenko you don't instantly trade Gagner anyhow, what if Grigorenko struggles or is not ready than Horcoff goes bact to number2 . No thanks I just hope Oilers win draft than auction the pick ala Lindros stlye an fills in the remaing peices needed.

Oilmageddon* is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:47 AM
  #990
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,284
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
But I get the sense that you think Gagner's pretty much junk.
Who's to say Grigorenko isnt junk?

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:48 AM
  #991
tiger_80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Even if the Oil draft Grigorenko you don't instantly trade Gagner anyhow, what if Grigorenko struggles or is not ready than Horcoff goes bact to number2 . No thanks I just hope Oilers win draft than auction the pick ala Lindros stlye an fills in the remaing peices needed.
Grigorenko will be ready before long. By all accounts he's a tremendous talent with a decent frame. He will play in the NHL next season, but maybe won't be ready for 2nd line duty.

tiger_80 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:48 AM
  #992
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,284
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
i don't think he's junk, but he's not really a two-way 2nd line centre. The Oilers do have time to wait to see if he continues to develop though.
What makes you think Grigorenko is a two way center? He looks pretty one dimensional to me.

I am the Liquor is online now  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:49 AM
  #993
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post
So many opinions in the hockey media who don't have a clue. These analysts here in the US have probably never seen the oilers play once yet they seem to feel qualified to state their opinion anyway. Don't know who this francis is and don't want to. So glad Hemsky resigned !
He writes in either the Calgary Sun or Calgary Herald.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:55 AM
  #994
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Grigorenko will be ready before long. By all accounts he's a tremendous talent with a decent frame. He will play in the NHL next season, but maybe won't be ready for 2nd line duty.
He also has the lower numbers than both Hall and RNH while doing this in the Qmjhl And we see how Couturier although a good player will probably never be a ppg player in the NHL but had big numbers in the Qmjhl also Huberdeau is not looking like the Offensive stud his numbers from there as well.

Oilmageddon* is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 02:00 AM
  #995
frag2
Registered User
 
frag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
He also has the lower numbers than both Hall and RNH while doing this in the Qmjhl And we see how Couturier although a good player will probably never be a ppg player in the NHL but had big numbers in the Qmjhl also Huberdeau is not looking like the Offensive stud his numbers from there as well.
Couturier is playing 3rd/4th C so he doesn't have much opportunity to shine offensively at the moment. Huberdeau is ~2ppg in the Q. Grigorenko isn't doing too badly as well albeit his pace isn't as high as Hall or RNH [granted its his first NA season]

frag2 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 02:05 AM
  #996
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Couturier is playing 3rd/4th C so he doesn't have much opportunity to shine offensively at the moment. Huberdeau is ~2ppg in the Q. Grigorenko isn't doing too badly as well albeit his pace isn't as high as Hall or RNH [granted its his first NA season]
Even if Couturier had the oppurtunity I dont see it in him 65 point max player imo.

Oilmageddon* is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 02:12 AM
  #997
tiger_80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
He also has the lower numbers than both Hall and RNH while doing this in the Qmjhl And we see how Couturier although a good player will probably never be a ppg player in the NHL but had big numbers in the Qmjhl also Huberdeau is not looking like the Offensive stud his numbers from there as well.
We have franchise guys in RNH and Hall. All we need is a good 2nd line centre with size who will put 60-70 points a season while playing well in own end. That said we might have a future two way C in Pitlick. I can see them going for Murray/Dumba instead.

tiger_80 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 02:14 AM
  #998
tiger_80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Even if Couturier had the oppurtunity I dont see it in him 65 point max player imo.
65 point centre who will provide Selke caliber defence is extremely valuable to any cup contender. See Staal, Jordan.

tiger_80 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 02:24 AM
  #999
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
We have franchise guys in RNH and Hall. All we need is a good 2nd line centre with size who will put 60-70 points a season while playing well in own end. That said we might have a future two way C in Pitlick. I can see them going for Murray/Dumba instead.
I don't see them drafting a dman unless they drop to 3rd. And moving Gagner now is as ridiculous as moving him at training camp as suggested because Lander could easily take his spot. Besides Gagner is going no where great atttiude productive team player Wants to be here. Stands up for players all the critera That Lowe stated That the team was going to build with did you get the memo?

Oilmageddon* is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 02:29 AM
  #1000
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
65 point centre who will provide Selke caliber defence is extremely valuable to any cup contender. See Staal, Jordan.
Jordan Staal has never scored 65 points. Or close to it.

Eytinge is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.