HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lowercases Vs The Rene Dorks - Verizon - 2-24-12 - 7pm

Old
02-24-2012, 09:38 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
Yeah, if Dale can somehow bail out George's sinking ship, he will certainly deserve some of the credit. Even dales doubting debbie's will be forced to admit he did something right.

George's record with Nick in the lineup: 9-7. Ovi has 16 goals since George took over. Semin's stats are well documented. All in the wake of defensive first hockey, and without Green.

If George wants to twiddle his thumbs and ignore the gaping hole in the center of our lineup the entire year, that will never be pinned on anyone else.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:41 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
I'm pretty much not just for losing these next two games but doing it in an embrassing fashion to drive home the point the team needs to move in a different direction at all levels, personnel, coaching and general management.
Seriously.

I'm crossing my fingers for a Bourque hat trick and then he gives our bench a throat slash gesture after the third goal or something tonight. No, even better, a Gomez hat trick.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:50 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
If any decision made has a negative impact, it's George's fault, not Dale's.
Still BB's

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 09:54 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

@rb27backiskiller

Don't make me send this again! @molasses55

Old
02-24-2012, 10:00 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Does anyone really think it was Dale's decision to bench Hammer right before the deadline?
No.

From GMGM I'd say but don't like the way they've handled it if that's the case. Any chance they were trying to move Schultz but either couldn't find a taker and / or return? Always thought it was strange he sat out so much - if nothing else he and Erskine seemed pretty interchangeable. All speculation of course but now maybe it's either Erskine or Hamr that will be gone. But they could have lowered the value on Hamr given how the situation's been handled.

I don't know............what a messy team. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Had a GM checked...........he would have known the history here. With any player comes a risk of penalties. Hamr's PIM's are not out of line with the rest of the team. Frankly and without looking.............he may be doing better in that department compared to other years.

The team hasn't been scoring regularly on the PP and the PK has gotten worse under Hunter. Hamrlik has been removed from the PK without being responsible for goals scored and doesn't get PP time. I've seen shorthanded opportunities left and right? Who's accountable there?

Some more players need to take responsibility. You wanna pin the Ottawa loss on Hamr too?
I think you need to reread my post and your original post, because I'm not sure what you're responding to. You wanted to know Hunter's logic behind scratching Hamrlik? Well, here it is again. Hammer has been less than stellar this season, certainly way below expectations. The boneheaded penalties were the last straw for Hunter, so Hammer got scratched. There is also the possibility that GMGM is trying to trade him. Anyway, at no point did I imply that Hammer is the reason we suck this season, or more specifically during the last several games.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Are there any people who actually want us to lose?

I'm honestly in that boat as watching this team is seriously ****ing horrendous. I'm hoping we lose all the games before the deadline and get passed by the damn Whalers at Deadline time so we can trade all the disposable pieces for anything else. This team isn't going anywhere this year and let's just get a lottery pick.
Right there with you buddy.

I'm rooting hard for another blowout.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Oh, wait, this is a home game?

Old
02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Looks like Neuvirth gets the start. Both Hamrlik and Erskine appear to be scratches.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Just don't get destroyed.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:29 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Oh, wait, this is a home game?

Yes... So odds are the fans are rougher on bourque than caps

Old
02-24-2012, 10:33 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
I think you need to reread my post and your original post, because I'm not sure what you're responding to. You wanted to know Hunter's logic behind scratching Hamrlik? Well, here it is again. Hammer has been less than stellar this season, certainly way below expectations. The boneheaded penalties were the last straw for Hunter, so Hammer got scratched. There is also the possibility that GMGM is trying to trade him. Anyway, at no point did I imply that Hammer is the reason we suck this season, or more specifically during the last several games.
My guess he's being traded. I disagree about the below expectations part. Under Hunter he has the best plus / minus on the team. Even taking into account the whole season he's in the upper echelon. He coddled Kundratek for a few games in which the team actually won and no GA with Kundratek on ice. He's coddled Orlov too. He's blocked shots as advertised.

You can't expect the point production to be the same. He's gotten PP time all of his career. That wasn't expected from him in Washington with the likes of Green, Carlson and Wideman. Without looking his ESP are in line under Hunter and after missing games.

From recall he was quickly taken off of the PK after a Florida game, not because he was on ice for a goal(s), but because he blocked two shots from Garrison. He's only killed penalties now when another PK'er is in the box. Protecting the asset?

I think he's going to be the fall guy with the most return chance for what else is wrong with the team. Speaking of underachievers they are not scoring goals. What about Joel Ward? Can't trade that contract and get a decent return. A d-man you stand more of a chance IMO if it's to dump salary and go after something really needed.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
I'm pretty much not just for losing these next two games but doing it in an embrassing fashion to drive home the point the team needs to move in a different direction at all levels, personnel, coaching and general management.
I've been on board with the GMGM has to go ship for a while now. The day we get eliminated is the day GMGM gets canned and the search for a new GM starts. Best to do it now so the new guy can get his people in place in time for the draft. He can also start his search for a new coach. Dale can decide how he wants to play it but it'd be suggested that he announces the decision to go back to his junior team. Then new guy gets free reign to build his team. Results are demanded sooner rather than later. No 5 year plans allowed.

as for tonight, who knows. Just bring the effort at least.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:37 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

So Alex plays one shift.... Kills bourque... Takes his suspension since he's injured anyway.

A man can dream

Old
02-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
So Alex plays one shift.... Kills bourque... Takes his suspension since he's injured anyway.

A man can dream
I don't want bourque dead or Ovy suspended. I want a legal and clean check hard enough to turn bourque into a pile of goo at center ice

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
I don't want bourque dead or Ovy suspended. I want a legal and clean check hard enough to turn bourque into a pile of goo at center ice
Nope. Go Chris Simon on him.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:49 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Just wait until he's not looking and have Aucoin blindside him with an elbow to the face.

Interesting fact, my phone autocorrects "Aucoin" to "Sucking".

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmyager View Post
This may work

Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 03-02-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old
02-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Capitlols

Still don't get why they don't call up Rechlicz to troll Bourque.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:53 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Lets look at that hammer scratch. For taking a minor?

D is a position of strength.

You are George, which D do you move this year?

George has stated cup movers = key to victory. We finally have 4 RD that can move pucks. Is he going to move Wideman? If he throws in the towel, sure. Otherwise, its his key to winning. Lets keep the A1 movers.

Alzner - can't touch this.
Erskine - he sure won't buy much cap room. And makes the D the softest in the league I contend
Sarge - George's text friendly little buddy? A pipedream he gives up on him after committing the past 4 years to his long slow development.

Roman "Biff" Loman. Probably our most consistent LD the past 3 months, sorry Alzner. He has been on for many of those same goals Carlson was on for. Roman's on a reasonable contract yet big enough that it buys us room for George to play Monday afternoon.

Goodbye Hammer Time.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:05 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:

George has stated cup movers = key to victory. We finally have 4 RD that can move pucks. Is he going to move Wideman? If he throws in the towel, sure. Otherwise, its his key to winning. Lets keep the A1 movers.

Erskine - he sure won't buy much cap room. And makes the D the softest in the league I contend
Sarge - George's text friendly little buddy? A pipedream he gives up on him after committing the past 4 years to his long slow development.

Roman "Biff" Loman. Probably our most consistent LD the past 3 months, sorry Alzner. He has been on for many of those same goals Carlson was on for. Roman's on a reasonable contract yet big enough that it buys us room for George to play Monday afternoon.

Goodbye Hammer Time.
Pretty much sums it up. Although not something you wanna do to a free agent signing. Depending on what happens Hamr may have some more things to say.

Victim of circumstances. Green injured most of the season. Backstrom injured. Players underperforming left and right. Funny goals by three different goalies. Coaching change. No leverage for Hammer.

Hammer.........being traded may be the best thing for you. Look at the bright side......if the Caps win the Cup you still get your name on it (I think). Or you may go to another contender. LOL

Old
02-24-2012, 11:07 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:

Goodbye Hammer Time.
Agree, however it is also George then admitting that his assessment of personnel is flawed as he had just signed him as a free agent.

I don't buy the argument that you can't or shouldn't move someone that you had just picked up over the previous summer via the free agent route as it may deter future FA's from signing. If the guy is not working out or is not performing at the level you thought he would, by all means move him. In case I wasn't clear enough, this rant is about Joel Ward.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:20 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

According to Whyno, Hunter is saying Hamrlik "is waiting his time".

I don't fully understand what that means, unless the Caps have decided to Pavel Kubina him until he's shipped out.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:21 AM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
4-1 loss

Semin, Hamrlik, and/or Schultz is a healthy scratch
semin?

um is offline   Reply With Quote