HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lowercases Vs The Rene Dorks - Verizon - 2-24-12 - 7pm

Old
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

vCash: 500
If ever we needed Mike Green's special gifts (I'm referring to his ability to sustain injury), that time is tonight. Don't give McPhee a reason to do anything but sell.

NB: I'm not rooting for a loss. I just want this iteration of the Caps to show exactly who they are. So management can act accordingly.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
meanolthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale Dunter View Post
what retard goes to the trouble of preparing a charcoal fire to grill a few wieners?
Shaquille O'Neal apparently

meanolthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:40 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

The feels like the game before Bruce got canned, or Hanlon, or....next?

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:49 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
I wonder how many of these we will see in the stands tonight?

http://russianmachineneverbreaks.tum...and-signs-work

WetHog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:52 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Hunter is not a good liar.
You misspelled coach.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:55 PM
tycoonheart

Nicccccceeeeeee

tycoonheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:05 PM
LegendaryNumber5
C-A-P-S

What was so bad about that- that it needed to be deleted?

LegendaryNumber5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:11 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Lol. Common guys lets not get carried away here. 1 or 2 wins and were back in a playoff spot, and if we get Backstrom back you really don't think we have a chance taking out NYR yet again?

Give your heads a shake. The playoffs are about getting hot at the right time, in past seasons we've always peaked too early, this year is different, perhaps well see a different result.

This is just what the fkin doctor ordered. A match against the team that put out star center into a serious concussion and started this whole slide. Boom, energy back, juices flowing. Then we can ride the momentum into the TO game the next night, run over them, and snowball from there.

These last 2 games will be the low point in our season, it's all up hill from here baby

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke

Time for another date with my bad girlfriend.

PuckBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:13 PM
LegendaryNumber5
C-A-P-S

There is a chance we can pull a Tampa from last year or even the NY Giants from this year. If we sneak into the post season we could perhaps make some noise... but Jesus I just need to see them skate harder.

LegendaryNumber5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:13 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
Whats he lying about?
Most recently, that Hammer is scratched because he took a penalty.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

Most of you guys are totally ****ed. That's really all that can be said about this thread so far.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
I wonder how many of these we will see in the stands tonight?

http://russianmachineneverbreaks.tum...and-signs-work
I have something similar on my martial arts bag. It helps from going insane from this season. I'm going to add GMGM to it soon.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:22 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Quoted to prove that RH said Hunter was bad at something.
I mostly keep my thoughts to myself to maintain my rep.

But I also think he possibly overloaded the plates of the players by changing pretty much everything on day 1. Taking over mid season (thanks George), you are really pushing the learning adapting capabilities of the players. Try one zone per week, or month. But I believe all he does is coordinated with George and his assistants. A problem if his assistants are part of the problem. Yep, Evason. But Evason is presumably George's guy, so I dont think Dale can shut him out.

I would like to see him diagramming plays, even if its JJ telling him what to do.

If George is pulling his strings, I think its a problem if he doesnt tell George, "you are a friggin mess dude, get out of here and go get me a center"

For the problems this team had when he took over, he is 17-17-4 or whatever, hardly a complete disaster. It's hard to grade him, our tending has turned to sheet. No center depth, no 1 or 2C. We dont know if George is pulling his strings, and has only been here 3 months, hardly a decent sample size to biotch and moan about him while turning a blind eye to George. Why doesnt George have the smarts to replace his coaches during the summer.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 02-24-2012 at 04:29 PM.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Chokingdogs

Quote:
I mostly keep my thoughts to myself to piss off Tex.

But I also think he possibly overloaded the plates of the players by changing pretty much everything on day 1. Taking over mid season (thanks George), you are really pushing the learning adapting capabilities of the players. Try one zone per week, or month. But I believe all he does is coordinated with George and his assistants. A problem if his assistants are part of the problem. Yep, Evason. But Evason is presumably George's guy, so I dont think Dale can shut him out.

I would like to see him diagramming plays, even if its JJ telling him what to do.

If George is pulling his strings, I think its a problem if he doesnt tell George, "you are a friggin mess dude, get out of here and go get me a center"

For the problems this team had when he took over, he is 17-17-4 or whatever, hardly a complete disaster. It's hard to grade him, our tending has turned to sheet. No center depth, no 1 or 2C. We dont know if George is pulling his strings, and has only been here 3 months, hardly a decent sample size to biotch and moan about him while turning a blind eye to George. Why doesnt George have the smarts to replace his coaches during the summer.

he did with ronnie....

but we all saw how that turned out.

Chokingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:30 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Anyone remember Ovechkin flying those first couple games Hunter came here, actually the whole team was flying, getting into the zone pressuring the puck, challenging puck carriers out of the offensive zone and neutral zone...

What happened to that? Maybe McPhee is telling coaches how to coach.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:32 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

You mean the games we lost?

02-24-2012, 04:33 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Most recently, that Hammer is scratched because he took a penalty.
Hunter's excuses about the scratch have been hilarious. IDK........what's wrong with telling the guy straight out that he's on the trading block when it seemingly is public knowledge anyway? Like the Kubina approach?

You want to deal him but say he's benched for this that and the other thing and then shots are fired across all bows publically? Could that not lower his value unless there were some suitors lined up anyway with offers?

IDK..............

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

For some of the posters who are still holding out hope, his name is Nicklas Backstrom

Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 03-02-2012 at 01:51 PM.
BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:38 PM
bgroban

I miss Bruce. Sigh.

bgroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
Time for another date with my bad girlfriend.
Well, the Caps are like an abusive husband, so you're not too far off.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Grudy0

Quote:
It wasn't only the goaltending. It's also the defense.

Mafki only replaced Boudreau when he said he couldn't "coach heart". It wasn't a problem against Tampa in last year's series because the Caps played against a goalie on fire. It wasn't a problem against Montreal in the series the year before because the Caps played against a goalie on fire. It was that BB opened his mouth and criticized the skillset of the team Mafki constructed.

Meanwhile, the rest of us have seen that the Caps can't elevate their game much. And with teams being very proactive against the Caps (forecheck, go after the puck carrier, make the Caps skate the entire length of the ice), you know, win the little battles so you can win the war, teams are outplaying the Caps routinely.

I lost it the other night against Ottawa when a forward skated in one-on-four. You're asking for trouble if you are simply allowing teams to take the offensive zone. You're asking for trouble if you are always playing catch-up by giving up the first goal.

Grudy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Roughing

Nicky is my favorite player and I hope for the best... It sure looks like he isn't going to help the Caps any more this season. He apparently isn't close to returning and he won't just hit the ice in top form if the does come back. I think our 1C won't truly be with us until October. Time to stop counting on him being the cure for this team.

Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
You mean the games we lost?
Yeah we lost giving up 1.5 goals per game, then gave up on that as a viable way of playing even though majority of the top teams in the league always try to keep pressure on the puck carrier.

Capitals get pressured give up turn overs, and then the good system according to Hunter is just to let the other teams puck carriers have room to make passes, yeah every once and a while a player makes a good read and skates by and intercepts the pass.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:53 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughing View Post
Nicky is my favorite player and I hope for the best... It sure looks like he isn't going to help the Caps any more this season. He apparently isn't close to returning and he won't just hit the ice in top form if the does come back. I think our 1C won't truly be with us until October. Time to stop counting on him being the cure for this team.
That's why I posted the photo of the 800 gorilla. Without Backstrom or a capable centerman, this team is going no where even if it does make the playoffs. So why hold out, better to accept the invevitable now. Backstrom's not coming back this season, time to sell.

The sad thing that could happen is that they beat the Canadiens tonight and the win will provide some with a false sense of hope, to include our GM.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote