HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

2 Faced -5 agaisnt the Flyers McCabe and over-rated Pronger on the downturn thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2004, 11:42 AM
eye

vCash: 500
2 Faced -5 agaisnt the Flyers McCabe and over-rated Pronger on the downturn thoughts

These 2 guys are the 2 most annoying self serving members of the NHLPA that I hate to listen to during interviews and I wish they would shut their traps. I guess McCabe still hasn't recovered from his minus 5 performance against the Flyers when it mattered and Pronger who is quickly going downhill as a result of injuries and age seems bitter and way toooooo fullllllll of himself. These 2 should try skating in a players skates that is still making a respectable $400,000 a year before they spout off again. In the meantime I hope McCabe enjoys himself in Sweden working for peanuts. Playing on the big ice may actually improve his game.

Old
11-02-2004, 12:46 PM
chara

Guys like McCabe and Pronger just don't get it.

Bad mouthing the 'Have Nots' never works. Most fans sympathize with something they understand: average schmoes just trying to eke a living doing what they love to do with the limited gifts that God gave them.

The "Haves" (McCabe - 4.5M) and Pronger ($10M YIKES!!!!) should shut up or risk becoming easy bad guys.

Old
11-02-2004, 01:20 PM
kenabnrmal

What they don't seem to understand is that no matter what they say, what point they're trying to make, its going to be twisted by the fans who become offended at the hint of them making any sort of defense of their stance. Yes, they should keep their mouths shut...theres no real point.

Old
11-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
These 2 guys are the 2 most annoying self serving members of the NHLPA.........In the meantime I hope McCabe enjoys himself in Sweden working for peanuts.
Self-serving indeed.

Old
11-02-2004, 01:33 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
What they don't seem to understand is that no matter what they say, what point they're trying to make, its going to be twisted by the fans who become offended at the hint of them making any sort of defense of their stance. Yes, they should keep their mouths shut...theres no real point.
I sort of agree, but I watched Pronger and I watched Marchant both speak. I came to the conclusion that Pronger is a dolt and Marchant, even though I dont agree with his position, has got a good grip on the situation.

Old
11-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Public Enemy #1 & 2

Bryan McCabe and Chris Pronger

Old
11-02-2004, 01:58 PM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz
I sort of agree, but I watched Pronger and I watched Marchant both speak. I came to the conclusion that Pronger is a dolt and Marchant, even though I dont agree with his position, has got a good grip on the situation.
Prongs definitely has a way with coming off as a bit of an idiot.

Old
11-02-2004, 03:09 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
These 2 guys are the 2 most annoying self serving members of the NHLPA that I hate to listen to during interviews and I wish they would shut their traps. I guess McCabe still hasn't recovered from his minus 5 performance against the Flyers when it mattered and Pronger who is quickly going downhill as a result of injuries and age seems bitter and way toooooo fullllllll of himself. These 2 should try skating in a players skates that is still making a respectable $400,000 a year before they spout off again. In the meantime I hope McCabe enjoys himself in Sweden working for peanuts. Playing on the big ice may actually improve his game.
Did we really need another thread about this?

Old
11-02-2004, 03:10 PM
eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes
Did we really need another thread about this?
Yes, because they are both twice as dumb as the next dumbest overpaid players in the NHL.
:lol :lol

Closed Thread