HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames will miss the playoffs anyways so....

Old
02-26-2012, 08:41 PM
flameout

vCash: 500
This is hilarious. Fans of a team that's going to miss the playoffs for the 3rd-straight year fighting with fans of a team that's going to miss the playoffs for the 6th-straight year. It's like two retards fighting. No matter who wins, you're still a loser. Get some TOR fans involved and it's like a battle for the bottom.

flameout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:46 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameout View Post
This is hilarious. Fans of a team that's going to miss the playoffs for the 3rd-straight year fighting with fans of a team that's going to miss the playoffs for the 6th-straight year. It's like two retards fighting. No matter who wins, you're still a loser. Get some TOR fans involved and it's like a battle for the bottom.
They see me trollin....

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:15 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameout View Post
That was so well said..... and holy **** that was funny!

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:38 PM
tfong

I have to admit i loled there.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:52 AM
mjw22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Why don't you swing by the Oilers boards and literally ask them if they feel embarassed by losing to every other team in the standings for consecutive seasons, instead of simply lobbying mindless rhetoric. I take pride in knowing my organization doesn't settle for complete failure and would much rather find solutions while competing than to be provided (lottery) solutions out of sympathy with an attempt to offset the disgrace of failure with a league handicap.
Well when Feaster does little or nothing on Monday we will join the oilers as a non play off team again. They have also missed the playoffs the last two years this will be three What do they have to show for it oh Hall Pitlick in 11 & RNH Klefbom Musil in 12 and a top pick this year they can use or trade for d help.A young team growing up . After 3 years out of playoffs what do we have o picks in 1st 2 rounds in 11 Baertschi Granlund Wotherspoon in 12 and a late middle again. An old team getting older . You're right the owners don't settle for complete failure they are happy to be mediocre at best and drag it out for 3-4 years then realize it didn't work. Sort of what they did with Darryl. Miss the play offs again changes should be made from King to Feaster & Sutter . But they won't they'll resign Jokinen add a couple middle of road the UFA's that no one else wants fire Sutter hire another coach just like him and tell us how much better the team is laughing all the way to the bank.

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 06:13 AM
AimForTopCheddar
04 Bolts/Flames!

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
Well when Feaster does little or nothing on Monday we will join the oilers as a non play off team again. They have also missed the playoffs the last two years this will be three What do they have to show for it oh Hall Pitlick in 11 & RNH Klefbom Musil in 12 and a top pick this year they can use or trade for d help.A young team growing up . After 3 years out of playoffs what do we have o picks in 1st 2 rounds in 11 Baertschi Granlund Wotherspoon in 12 and a late middle again. An old team getting older . You're right the owners don't settle for complete failure they are happy to be mediocre at best and drag it out for 3-4 years then realize it didn't work. Sort of what they did with Darryl. Miss the play offs again changes should be made from King to Feaster & Sutter . But they won't they'll resign Jokinen add a couple middle of road the UFA's that no one else wants fire Sutter hire another coach just like him and tell us how much better the team is laughing all the way to the bank.
I'm starting to think your just a Oilers fan disguised as a flames fan disguised as a wannabe flames fan....deception

AimForTopCheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:03 PM
tfong

Resurrecting my thread here. We should've sold.

Sooooo Radek Faksa??? Or Morgan Riely?

Old
03-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

vCash: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post

Sooooo Radek Faksa??? Or Morgan Riely?
Detroit should have sold?

I'm confused by your use of the word "we"

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
The Oilers have solid guys like Potter and Petry in defense and they'll hopefully still be around when the young players mature. Admittedly they still need work on a few things but so did the Wings when they were moving up. But they're doing it and that's the main thing.

And while they may be tanking they are interesting to watch and they are following a plan that will lead them in a good direction.

Whatever they are doing at least they aren't floundering like a dying fish on the bottom of a boat.
Lol, you are aware Potter isn't making most NHL rosters right? Yet alone listed as a "solid guy." He's a 28 year old with 60 nhl games under his belt. He plays sheltered minutes and is a -16. Basically a crappier version of Derek Smith.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:10 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Easy for you to sit back in your chair and wait until their are 5 games left in the season. Selling at the deadline with where the Flames were, would have looked dumb.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Despite all the crap you're taking I agree with many of your points. Lots of others do too. I did like our 2010 and 2011 drafts. First time I can say that in a long time. The core of this team has proven they're very comfortable. Playfair's comments on Iginla were spot on IMO. You don't get a Baertschi every year with the 13th pick. There will be plenty of Fatas, Nystroms and Nemiszs too. I'm not advocating a Oiler's style rebuild, but we should be moving out aging assets like Iginla and Kipper while we can still get something for them.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:17 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Easy for you to sit back in your chair and wait until their are 5 games left in the season. Selling at the deadline with where the Flames were, would have looked dumb.
But I did advocate selling at the deadline remember?

Anyways I might've cursed our playoff chances when I made the thread about playoff hopes....sooo yeah that's prob my bad there.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Fool me once, shame on you.... Fool me twice, shame on me... Feaster is either a blowhard or has his hands tied. I'm not saying that they should've traded Kipper, two of the following guys should've been traded for a pick. Jackman/TKo, Sarich/Hannan.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:21 PM
tfong

And jokinen, our vaunted #1 center that has seemingly disappeared during crunch time.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Quote:
And jokinen, our vaunted #1 center that has seemingly disappeared during crunch time.
Like I said sitting and waiting to point fingers is easy. If you traded Jokinen at the deadline you would just look like a complete idiot.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Fool me once, shame on you.... Fool me twice, shame on me... Feaster is either a blowhard or has his hands tied. I'm not saying that they should've traded Kipper, two of the following guys should've been traded for a pick. Jackman/TKo, Sarich/Hannan.
at the deadline we were right in the thick of the playoff hunt both Hannan and Sarich were playing and Tko was on the second line moving them means we give up on the season at the time that would have been foolish. I think at the draft we will see some moves as I doubt Feaster is happy with this team.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:30 PM
tfong

Quote:
Like I said sitting and waiting to point fingers is easy. If you traded Jokinen at the deadline you would just look like a complete idiot.
It would've looked bad then but genius now possibly lol. I mean we're in the direct opposite situation now.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
at the deadline we were right in the thick of the playoff hunt both Hannan and Sarich were playing and Tko was on the second line moving them means we give up on the season at the time that would have been foolish. I think at the draft we will see some moves as I doubt Feaster is happy with this team.
Honestly, I think any of Bouma, Nemisz, Sylvester or Byron can bring you as much as TKo. Hannan and Sarich are harder to replace, but Wilson looked good in his stint here. Kipper was the guy winning us games. When we went on our little streak we were still outshot 10 straight games and outchance in 8 of 10. If a team is looking at #5 defensemen or 4th line forwards to push them into the playoffs, they're in trouble.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:38 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Honestly, I think any of Bouma, Nemisz, Sylvester or Byron can bring you as much as TKo. Hannan and Sarich are harder to replace, but Wilson looked good in his stint here. Kipper was the guy winning us games. When we went on our little streak we were still outshot 10 straight games and outchance in 8 of 10. If a team is looking at #5 defensemen or 4th line forwards to push them into the playoffs, they're in trouble.
We already had Byron,Nemisz,and Bouma playing due to injuries so moving Jackman and Tko means we play to well below nhl standard players. Also none of Babs/Brodie/Smith are ready for top 4 minutes so yes it would have been the end of the season so if we move them then move Iggy and Kipper and Jokinen.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
We already had Byron,Nemisz,and Bouma playing due to injuries so moving Jackman and Tko means we play to well below nhl standard players. Also none of Babs/Brodie/Smith are ready for top 4 minutes so yes it would have been the end of the season so if we move them then move Iggy and Kipper and Jokinen.
Byron wasn't playing, neither was Nemisz. Only Bouma of the guys I listed was. Maybe you could do some research or look something up before you post next time. Brodie and Smith are not really much of a downgrade on either Hannah or Sarich. They bring more offense to make up for the reduced defense.

Old
03-24-2012, 04:50 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Byron wasn't playing, neither was Nemisz. Only Bouma of the guys I listed was. Maybe you could do some research or look something up before you post next time. Brodie and Smith are not really much of a downgrade on either Hannah or Sarich. They bring more offense to make up for the reduced defense.
Byron was returned 4 days before the deadline, Desbien was recalled before the deadline (I thought it was Nemisz my bad), then a week after the deadline we had to recall 3 players and Byron was hurt the team would have been a joke as was my point.

Old
03-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Sean Monahan
JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED

Pretty accurate

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:22 PM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
They look like idiots now with lack of prospects and picks. People should not get attacked in this thread for saying they should have went into rebuild mode months/year ago.

CanadianPantherFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:38 PM
mjw22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
They look like idiots now with lack of prospects and picks. People should not get attacked in this thread for saying they should have went into rebuild mode months/year ago.
Now they have to resign him or he walks for nothing and they continue to look like idiots. Unless players are willing to waive no trade /movement contracts this team will be here for the next 3-5 years sniffing around 8th or lower. Thanks Darryl

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:40 PM
MonahanTHEMoneyMan

Quote:
You are quiet the enthusiast aren't ya...While I dont share your mindset tanking to be better aint always proven either. Right now its 50/50 in the NHL. As a matter of fact only 3 teams won a championship via rebuild in the past decade. Pittsburg, Chicago, and the Bruins. How many teams have been at the bottom have drafted high yet failed to make that next major step are plenty. Columbus, Atlanta, NYI, FLA, TOR are ones who have had high picks and no success. One more point, now lets put together teams who have had succefull seasons because of good drafting after tanking for 5-6 years but the end result a Cup never landed in there town. Those teams would be Wash, LA, Rangers, to some extent TB since after lockout, STL, VAN to certain extent.. So until those up north Bottom fOILERS win something I am not sure I agree to them. I am not saying that calgary won`t tank in the next few seasons..they may but Chances of success are still 50-50 after the lottery pick

MonahanTHEMoneyMan is offline   Reply With Quote