HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-NJ

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2012, 08:53 AM
  #1
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Edm-NJ

To NJ

Ladislav Smid

To EDM

Alexander Urbom
Kurtis Foster
2nd round pick (WSH)


Smid is a UFA next year, hasnt been the player the Oilers hoped he'd be when they got him from ANH. Urbom will be NHL ready next year and has a big upside.

Foster is just a salary dump since the Devils can't make deals unless they give some salary back.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:01 AM
  #2
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 39,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
meh.

who does he play for in our healthy top 6?

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:03 AM
  #3
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
meh.

who does he play for in our healthy top 6?
Tallindar may not come back this year. He'll play for Taoromina.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:06 AM
  #4
thalegion
Registered User
 
thalegion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,994
vCash: 500
This deal is terrible! you already have a overpaid possibly slightly worse version of Smid in Volchenkov, I think we'll keep our stud shutdown guy

thalegion is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:08 AM
  #5
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
This deal is terrible! you already have a overpaid possibly slightly worse version of Smid in Volchenkov, I think we'll keep our stud shutdown guy
Stud shut down guy? SMID? your team is in last place, has been for 4 year now, you dont have a stud shutdown guy. And like the other Devils fan said in the earlier post , even with Smid he'd have a hard time breaking into our top 6 if Tallindar was healthy.

Smid is a nice player he isnt Denis Potvin.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
  #6
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov
 
Booyakasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 50
wow...you post a ridiculous trade to troll Oiler fans and then go onto make insulting comments about the team that aren't even true?

Booyakasha is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:19 AM
  #7
ponokanocker
Registered User
 
ponokanocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
To NJ

Ladislav Smid

To EDM

Alexander Urbom
Kurtis Foster
2nd round pick (WSH)


Smid is a UFA next year, hasnt been the player the Oilers hoped he'd be when they got him from ANH. Urbom will be NHL ready next year and has a big upside.

Foster is just a salary dump since the Devils can't make deals unless they give some salary back.
Smid has turned into the exact type of player the Oilers need. He is a top 4 defender and any other defender that plays with him is a lot better. Smid is going no where considering how thin our blue line is.

ponokanocker is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:23 AM
  #8
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom foolery View Post
wow...you post a ridiculous trade to troll Oiler fans and then go onto make insulting comments about the team that aren't even true?
How is it not true? Do the Oilers have stout forwards for the next 10 years. YES. Do they have defense issues, YES. Petry is a good young d-man, Klefbom is a good young d-man, perhaps Musil will be a good NHL player in a few years, but right not the Oilers Defense is the worst in the league and that's just facts.

If you had a stud d-man, you wouldnt have one of the worst defenses in the league...

Facts.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:24 AM
  #9
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,065
vCash: 50
not a chance from Edmonton.

lakai17 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:25 AM
  #10
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
To NJ

Ladislav Smid

To EDM

Alexander Urbom
Kurtis Foster
2nd round pick (WSH)


Smid is a UFA next year, hasnt been the player the Oilers hoped he'd be when they got him from ANH. Urbom will be NHL ready next year and has a big upside.

Foster is just a salary dump since the Devils can't make deals unless they give some salary back.
smid has really been good for edmonton finally this year... and they have massive problems on their blueline. with no ability to attract quality ufa to town...

they are trying to add dmen to improve with for next year and would absolutely not be dealing their best stay at home guy for some future picks that they are already overloaded with

i suppose if you drastically overpaid they might??????

but smid would be worth a second to anyone and alot of teams wouldnt be trying to dump salary as part of it.

so feels like an underwhelming offer that doesnt address any real oiler need and actually creates a massive glaring hole in their lineup for next year too

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:27 AM
  #11
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom foolery View Post
what was the point of making a thread about obtaining a player that you go onto insult later?....
Smid is a good player, solid but not highly skilled. He's Niklas Grossman on a good day. Useful guy but lets not overvalue him and say he's Kevin Lowe Jr. cause he's not.


Last edited by hototogisu: 02-24-2012 at 10:36 AM.
GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
  #12
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Stud shut down guy? SMID? your team is in last place, has been for 4 year now, you dont have a stud shutdown guy. And like the other Devils fan said in the earlier post , even with Smid he'd have a hard time breaking into our top 6 if Tallindar was healthy.

Smid is a nice player he isnt Denis Potvin.
if you want a guy.. then try to insult him when the fans of the other team say you are whaco with your propsal... then you make yourself seem like a world class jerk

what you would be better off doing... is making your intial proposal if you feel its a good proposal... then letting other people respond... and eithr keeping your mouth shut about their response if thats necessary, or responding with respect and telling them its ok they disagree... but maybe continuing to support your origional idea that you just wanted the other guy cause you think he will help your team

we all disagree... even real trades end up being debated. alot of us disagree with the gm of our team... so 'fair value' is very very debatable and no one is an expert on it here that can speak with 10)% authority.

all we are able to do is say.. imo i like this.. or imo i dont... or it doesnt seem to logically address team needs.

i believe you as a jersey fan... feel its worth it to give up some crap for a player you like. thats fine... as a bruin fan i feel the same about my bruins...

but if the other teams fans dont want crap for a player they hope to keep... dont be a jerk and get your feelings hurt that you got called out on a bad proposal. let yourself be educated instead and walk away a better man for the process

you arent an oiler expert.. dont watch the oiler games like us people do in this part of the world. if we tell you smid has really improved then you seem like a fool sort of for saying your view on him is more accurate then our own. since you were the one proposing for him anyhow

why propose for someone then run him down when the other side says they want to keep the guy?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
  #13
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
smid has really been good for edmonton finally this year... and they have massive problems on their blueline. with no ability to attract quality ufa to town...

they are trying to add dmen to improve with for next year and would absolutely not be dealing their best stay at home guy for some future picks that they are already overloaded with

i suppose if you drastically overpaid they might??????

but smid would be worth a second to anyone and alot of teams wouldnt be trying to dump salary as part of it.

so feels like an underwhelming offer that doesnt address any real oiler need and actually creates a massive glaring hole in their lineup for next year too
Urbom has a big upside. He's not a throw in.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:35 AM
  #14
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
if you want a guy.. then try to insult him when the fans of the other team say you are whaco with your propsal... then you make yourself seem like a world class jerk

what you would be better off doing... is making your intial proposal if you feel its a good proposal... then letting other people respond... and eithr keeping your mouth shut about their response if thats necessary, or responding with respect and telling them its ok they disagree... but maybe continuing to support your origional idea that you just wanted the other guy cause you think he will help your team

we all disagree... even real trades end up being debated. alot of us disagree with the gm of our team... so 'fair value' is very very debatable and no one is an expert on it here that can speak with 10)% authority.

all we are able to do is say.. imo i like this.. or imo i dont... or it doesnt seem to logically address team needs.

i believe you as a jersey fan... feel its worth it to give up some crap for a player you like. thats fine... as a bruin fan i feel the same about my bruins...

but if the other teams fans dont want crap for a player they hope to keep... dont be a jerk and get your feelings hurt that you got called out on a bad proposal. let yourself be educated instead and walk away a better man for the process

you arent an oiler expert.. dont watch the oiler games like us people do in this part of the world. if we tell you smid has really improved then you seem like a fool sort of for saying your view on him is more accurate then our own. since you were the one proposing for him anyhow

why propose for someone then run him down when the other side says they want to keep the guy?
Smid is a useful player, very similar to Grossman. What did Philly give up for Grossmam? 2nd and a 3rd round pick.

This deal is Urbom and a 2nd. A better return.

But to say Smid is this stud-shutdown d-man, where are the facts to back this up???

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:36 AM
  #15
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov
 
Booyakasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Urbom has a big upside. He's not a throw in.
then why would you want to trade him for a player you are making fun of and attacking in your own thread?

Booyakasha is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:37 AM
  #16
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,540
vCash: 50
Not a good deal at all for Edmonton.

I don't understand the thinking that the Oilers can't have good d-men because the team is at the bottom of the standings.

Good players on bad teams exist. It's not a contradictory concept.

Seachd is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:38 AM
  #17
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Stud shut down guy? SMID? your team is in last place, has been for 4 year now, you dont have a stud shutdown guy. And like the other Devils fan said in the earlier post , even with Smid he'd have a hard time breaking into our top 6 if Tallindar was healthy.

Smid is a nice player he isnt Denis Potvin.
what your problem is... is that you sort of know what you are talking about and still say it wrong anyhow.

yes edmonton has been bad... and they were bad cause their defense is bad. now they have lots of explosive firepower up front, but in order to improve they need better defense

so whether smid is the best shutdown dman in the nhl or not IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVENT. if he is the best shutdown dman the oilers have or not is ENTIRELY THE ISSUE here. your comments about denis potvn are moronic

edmonton doesnt have any denis potvins and wont have any anytime soon

they do have a ladislav smid though and wouldnt be trading him for a second and some marginal prospect and some cap dump they already sucked with in the recent past.

if you want to be taken seriously here.. you cant only address the need of your own team in your proposal.. then run the guy down that you are interested in when people call you out on it

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:41 AM
  #18
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
If Smid is so bad, why would you want him?

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:44 AM
  #19
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
If Smid is so bad, why would you want him?
Wondering the same thing...

GM17* is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:45 AM
  #20
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Urbom has a big upside. He's not a throw in.
urborn is a guy im not farmilar with.. but researching him quickly he seems to project as a bottom pair type guy in the NHL... decent size... stay home type... not alot of snarl to his game...

basically alot like smid.

people had to wait forever for smid to become useful.. and during that time the oilers finished last and ticked off their fans

now edmonton has alot of top kids ready to score tons of goals and make the fans happy... provided the team doesnt finish last again and again while it happens

so defensemen that can play now... are important.

the oilers have drafted/traded for tons of guys like urborn that will eventually fill the bottome 3-4 spots on the depth chart in the coming 3-4-5 years and these type of guys are readily available in trades/ufa too.

top 3 guys are not... and smid is what passes for a top 3 guy in a city like edmonton

you have to actually take into account what other teams need if you want to work out a trade with them.

edmonton might want to give up a dman.. cause they have lots of crappy ones that dont fit into future plans. do you want cam barker? i bet he is available and edmonton would love a second and urborn for him.

or maybe peckham?

there are definitely dmen in edmonton that arent likely in the team's future plans... but smid isnt one of them

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:48 AM
  #21
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Doesn't seem like much of an upgrade for the Devils. Save the assets for a better defenceman.

Saugus is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:49 AM
  #22
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,464
vCash: 500
Urbom sounds like a decent prospect but the oilers have a few D prospects that sound much like him. We had foster last year and didn't like his game at all.

Smid is an underrated player, tough, blocks shots, high character. It would not be a good deal for the oilers, they have no interest in trading Smid at all.

Beerfish is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 09:56 AM
  #23
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
The difference between Smid and Urbom is that Urbom isnt NHL ready yet. He's close though. For the Devils stretch drive it would be more beneficial to have a more veteran guy in the lineup like Smid.

Youtube Urbom's 2 NHL goals. They are both high skill goals. He doesnt score much in the AHL because the coaching staff there wants him to concentrate on his defense and never give him PP time.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 10:11 AM
  #24
MeestaDeteta
Registered User
 
MeestaDeteta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskazoo
Posts: 7,666
vCash: 250
Tambellini laughs and hangs up. Smid has been probably our most valuable Dman. We can't afford to lose him for lesser players and picks.

MeestaDeteta is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 10:12 AM
  #25
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
No Thanks

He wouldnt really replace anyone in our top 6

Devils Trap is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.