HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Playoff Push to the Top!

Old
04-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Sniper
It's learning...

vCash: 500
I really REALLY do not like Stewart on the 4th line. One of the strengths this year was how our 4th line created energy by driving the puck to the offensive zone and keeping it there. It may not have always resulted in a scoring chance, but keeping the opposition hemmed in their own zone seemed to boost the other guys on the bench.

A predicted 4th line of Dags - Nichol - Stewart doesn't strike me as the type of 4th line that pushes the opposition or creates any energy with big hits or zone pressure. With Stewart and Dags, that 4th line is more of a line that attacks on the rush and then quickly regroups to defend resulting in limited time in the offensive zone.

I think a 4th line of Porter - Nichol - Reaves is better suited as a "traditional" 4th line that can get the puck in deep, battle along the boards, then stagger a line change and put the 1st line out there for an offensive threat.

So what kind of 4th line do you put out there to start the playoffs? Do you want more potential scoring off the rush? Or do you give up that potential scoring threat to have a line that pushes the other team back into their own zone?

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I really REALLY do not like Stewart on the 4th line. One of the strengths this year was how our 4th line created energy by driving the puck to the offensive zone and keeping it there. It may not have always resulted in a scoring chance, but keeping the opposition hemmed in their own zone seemed to boost the other guys on the bench.

A predicted 4th line of Dags - Nichol - Stewart doesn't strike me as the type of 4th line that pushes the opposition or creates any energy with big hits or zone pressure. With Stewart and Dags, that 4th line is more of a line that attacks on the rush and then quickly regroups to defend resulting in limited time in the offensive zone.

I think a 4th line of Porter - Nichol - Reaves is better suited as a "traditional" 4th line that can get the puck in deep, battle along the boards, then stagger a line change and put the 1st line out there for an offensive threat.

So what kind of 4th line do you put out there to start the playoffs? Do you want more potential scoring off the rush? Or do you give up that potential scoring threat to have a line that pushes the other team back into their own zone?
Ideally, a 2-way line would be best. But their defence and forechecking/cycling puck possession skills would need to be stressed. Stewart and D'Agostini don't fit that well. Porter and Reaves with Nichol would be better. Langenbrunner would fit well (assuming Schwartz is playing in the top 9).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I would just like to say, for the record:

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 211558550

Varnish cache server

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 12:50 PM
execwrite

Another thing about the playoffs this year: After the first round, all games will be exclusively on NBC or its cable networks. While all Blues games will be televised, the station carrying it might change.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...#ixzz1qoQ1JUmJ

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 01:01 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I would just like to say, for the record:

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 211558550

Varnish cache server
Well said!

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:18 AM
trueblue09

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Another thing about the playoffs this year: After the first round, all games will be exclusively on NBC or its cable networks. While all Blues games will be televised, the station carrying it might change.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...#ixzz1qoQ1JUmJ

I dont have cable and watch all my blues games on NHL gamecenter since i live out of state. Will the first round be available on gamecenter?

trueblue09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:59 AM
bluenotes

vCash: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue09 View Post
I dont have cable and watch all my blues games on NHL gamecenter since i live out of state. Will the first round be available on gamecenter?
Depends on where they end up on NBC's networks. NBC has the post-season games, so if they're national broadcast they'll be blacked out on gamecenter, you'd have to route to them through an overseas vpn/proxy. Keep an eye on the sticky gamecenter live thread in the main NHL talk forum.

bluenotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Shea Weber

GO BLUES (tonight)!!!!

signed,
Preds fans

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote