HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky offered 5 million

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Top6Blogger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
so much for getting Hemsky on the Kings
We dont want him!

Old
02-24-2012, 06:42 PM
CCF
This is the year....

This is just asinine.

I wish Hemsky all the best with his health but who's to say you won't be paying him $5 million to watch the game on tv. The guy cannot stay healthy and you are taking a risk by committing that sort of money to him.

Old
02-24-2012, 06:46 PM
onetweasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krom13 View Post
Anyone here read mc79' blog? Makes some really good points about Hemsky, like the fact that he plays all the hard minutes, while the kids get sheltered ones. Honestly Hemsky is nowhere near as bad as the media and casual fans would have you believe. When you actually watch games, he is still generating chances. Let's not forget that he is 2 injury plagued seasons removed from being a PPG player with linemates like Horcoff.
Well said - finally somebody gets it.

Old
02-24-2012, 06:47 PM
OilerOlli*

Insane if true. But I stopped wondering or being surprised about Oilers signings.
Lowe and Tambellini are famous for terrible contracts.

Old
02-24-2012, 06:50 PM
markyboy20

Oilers direction will always be good at draft because they take so bad decisions about resigning bad players so they gonna stay behind for years....

Old
02-24-2012, 06:58 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
Doubt Hemsky takes it. He'd get more on a longer term in the summer.

It's good if they're at least talking though. The Oilers will be much worse next year without him, despite all the clueless "fans" who think they'd be better off with more marginal picks and prospects.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:04 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Gonna agree with the Flames twitter. Hemsky for 5 million is a joke.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:09 PM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Gonna agree with the Flames twitter. Hemsky for 5 million is a joke.
Care to tell us why? Maybe take a look at Mr.Bugg's post earlier in the thread and explain to us why he's wrong.

I don't know why I even bother reading other fans' opinions on things Oiler related.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Wheatking

I don't have a problem with 5M for 2 years. It's a risk because of his injury problems but so is trading for a pick and prospect and waiting to see if they become even half the player Hemsky is.

...and lets be honest, if there was a GM in the league actually offering up a 1st round pick and a young defenseman, Tambellini would be taking it. I don't think it's actually on the table at this point. Not wish Nash and Brown on the market...plus a potential trading partner in the Kings grabbing Carter.

Also, look at his ppg averages.

2005-06: 0.951
2006-07: 0.828
2007-08: 0.960
2008-09: 0.917
2009-10: 1.000
2010-11: 0.894
2011-12: 0.565

One of these things is not like the other. I have trouble believing that all that talent has suddenly disappeared. I think he was lacking confidence in his shoulder to hold up and wasn't playing like himself. He's really started to come around lately. 8 points in his last 12 games and he's back to putting on a show.

Edit: I also think it's important that the Oilers sign Hemsky because he's been their best player for the last 5 or 6 years. He's been a good soldier through some very tough times and it would look good on the organization if they finally re-signed a high profile player when he has the option to hit the open market for the first time.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:15 PM
dookers9

Loving all the impulsive haters with the pc diarrhea.

You all cite the prospects of signing Hemsky as bad simply because it isn't YOUR team doing the signing.

Canucks fan: "Stupid!"
Flames fan: "Dumbest thing I've ever heard!"
Anyone but an Oilers fan: "Crazy!"

Hemsky's stats reflect an elite skill that makes others around him better. He's obtained these stats playing predominantly with Shawn Horcoff! He's worked his ass off playing for the Oilers and his battle scars prove it. He's taken many hits since having returned to play, and hasn't - I repeat: HASN'T broken like china.

And for those that cite this year's stats/performance, consider that he'd likely returned prior to being ready. No doubt that his season hasn't been a strong one. Maybe that's the rationale for the Oilers to bring him down from the 5 or 6 years he's hoping for to 2.

If Hemsky were playing in Vancouver all the Canucks fans would think this signing makes all kinds of sense. Wildly biased.

Is it a "risk"? Sure. But a calculated one.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Seachd

Done deal. Signed.

Old
Auguste Escoffier

He signed it.

Old
Hemskyfanboy83

I wonder if all the people saying 5 million is such a joke would be saying the same thing if we signed him to a 5 year 20 million deal. Is 4 million a year such a joke?

Well Oiler fans would rather sign him for 5 million because the term is perfect for us. It ends right when RNH is going to need a raise.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:21 PM
MikeModano9

Who ever says it's a joke is ridiculous. Doesn't hurt the oil long term...puts up points when healthy. Comes
Off the books when oil have to sign the kids. I'd take hemsky at 2 yrs 5 mil then carter at his contract. Both are tagged as "made of glass" Carter still has 10 years left. Thats why hemsky at 2 years is cake for Edmonton. Not saying they are comparable players. But if both healthy for a full season they would put up similar totals.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:23 PM
OilerOlli*

@ dookers9
5 mil for hemsky is horribly ovperaid. That's the truth.
No matter if you are an Oilers or a Flames Fan.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerOlli View Post
@ dookers9
You know it's for NEXT year, right?

Come back in a year an tell us he's overpaid.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:30 PM
McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
hahahahahaha, and he hasn't said yes yet??????
oh there it is......

i liked the first half of his last contract better than the second. can't wait to see what 2 years brings. here's hoping that he gets to play his wing and not the other one!

Old
02-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Pure

This is a fine deal. The oilers DON'T need the cap space and it doesn't affect them resigning RNH. This is better than having Hemsky go for nothing to another team and get burned by him, or trading him for prospects that bust.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:35 PM
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookers9 View Post
Loving all the impulsive haters with the pc diarrhea.

You all cite the prospects of signing Hemsky as bad simply because it isn't YOUR team doing the signing.

Canucks fan: "Stupid!"
Flames fan: "Dumbest thing I've ever heard!"
Anyone but an Oilers fan: "Crazy!"

Hemsky's stats reflect an elite skill that makes others around him better. He's obtained these stats playing predominantly with Shawn Horcoff! He's worked his ass off playing for the Oilers and his battle scars prove it. He's taken many hits since having returned to play, and hasn't - I repeat: HASN'T broken like china.

And for those that cite this year's stats/performance, consider that he'd likely returned prior to being ready. No doubt that his season hasn't been a strong one. Maybe that's the rationale for the Oilers to bring him down from the 5 or 6 years he's hoping for to 2.

If Hemsky were playing in Vancouver all the Canucks fans would think this signing makes all kinds of sense. Wildly biased.

Is it a "risk"? Sure. But a calculated one.
We run injury prone players out of town on rails if they don't sign at a major discount (ie Salo)

In other words - you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:38 PM
McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
This is a fine deal. The oilers DON'T need the cap space and it doesn't affect them resigning RNH. This is better than having Hemsky go for nothing to another team and get burned by him, or trading him for prospects that bust.
he might have some players to play with now too!

Old
02-24-2012, 07:39 PM
rockinghockey

At least it is only a 2 yr deal. If he sucks it is only for two years, not like the Horc deal.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:42 PM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerOlli View Post
@ dookers9
Each to his own, but given the market and the fact he's been working for >$4M for as long as either of us can remember, methinks you're wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjerrisgaard View Post
We run injury prone players out of town on rails if they don't sign at a major discount (ie Salo)

In other words - you have no idea what you're talking about.
Er... forest for the trees, dude. I think you're taking my point a little too literally.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:48 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Like I said earlier a perfect situation for both hemaky and the oilers. Tambellinis first really hard negotiation and he knocked it out of the park. Im so happy.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:56 PM
WaitingForUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
I suppose it wouldn't hurt the Oilers, perhaps I was just under the mistaken impression that they are trying to improve as a team.
And by making our RW depth,

Eberle

PRV (LW)

Jones

Hordichuck/Petrell

You think this improves the oilers in any form?

The oilers lack RW depth and Hemsky has been a very loyal player to this team for almost 10 years.
A healthy Hemsky playing well would easily get 6-6.5 on the open market. he has .92 points per game since the lock out aside form this year. He has 9 points in 12 games BTW. Playing on Teams hindered with pluggers and held together will duct for 10 years and 2 major surgeries over the previous 2 seasons has not been kind to Ales. He gave a year of FA on his last contract and signed a very TEAM friendly deal. He gave the oilers the one bright spot in talent for many seasons. Ales Hemsky DESERVES this contract and it can easily benifit both sides.

Ales could rip it up for two seasons with the kids and re address the issue at that time. He could become a PPG player and get a great long term lucrative deal with oilers or any other team he chooses to sign with.

He likes the oilers and is very aware that this will be a top offensive team in the league pretty soon. Having Hall Eberle Gagner RNH all around over above a ppg in their rookie/sophmore/progressive seasons has to to inviting. Him and Hall especially have a growing chemistry brewing.

Oilers fans have always said that if Hemmer only had the talent around him he would be a ppg player last year they were pretty accurate as Hemsky had 42 in 47 and was flying untill his shoulder gave out. even during his injury seasons only two BTW he was around a PPG when he went down. Eberle has 60 pts in 57 games because he play sheltered minutes if hemsky leaves Eberle doesn't have 60 pts right now because teams only have to play one line hard.

Is it bad deal for another team giving injury status /this years performance?
Probably.

Is it a bad deal for the oilers?
Absolutely not! Who else do the oilers get at that price this summer?

Old
02-24-2012, 08:08 PM
ZDH

For 1,000,000$ a goal you guys could lock down zenon konopka to a 7 million dollar deal....

Closed Thread