HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Puck Daddy: Why would anyone want to play for the Montreal Canadiens?

Old
02-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Puck Daddy: Why would anyone want to play for the Montreal Canadiens?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...195403594.html

I like Puck Daddy, they can be funny and they are typically up to date on their news stories. But they cater to an American market, and do a lot of Canada bashing. More than anything else, they clearly hate the Habs.

The article itself isn't anything special, it's not bashing the organization, merely Gauthier. Apparently they can't understand why anyone would want to play in Montreal, and their only reason is Gauthier.

This has been done to death - the Cammalleri trade timing was insane, I'm not sure we know the entire context - maybe the trade took longer to negotiate to expected, and as soon as Calgary approved they wanted to ensure Cammalleri wouldn't risk injury, though why not just keep him on the bench then?

The Gill and Spacek trades on the other hand, I don't see why people make such a big deal. He couldn't tell them where they were probably going for a variety of reasons, what's wrong with giving them the heads up that they might be leaving within a few hours? Gill admitted he'd rather be kept in the dark until all information was told, personally I'd like to know as soon as possible to contact my family and arrange to have the clothing and whatever else I need to travel. But to each their own.

Defend Gauthier or not, the entire point of this article is to downplay the organization after the NHL players poll revealed that the Habs had the 5th most votes of who players would like to play for. Few players are picking their destination because of who the GM is. Gauthier may or may not be back here, either way Puck Daddy has tried to get attention with a headline and some Habs bashing.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

I like Puck Daddy, they can be funny and they are typically up to date on their news stories. .
Puck Daddy is one guy, and since when has he been funny?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Et le But

There's other staff writers (who are usually more funny than Greg Wyshynski)

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:39 PM
ThaDevilGirl

I don't recognize the name of the writer.

I like Puck Daddy but it's like another blog. It's just a person sharing its opinion.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

I like Puck Daddy, they can be funny and they are typically up to date on their news stories. But they cater to an American market, and do a lot of Canada bashing. More than anything else, they clearly hate the Habs.

The article itself isn't anything special, it's not bashing the organization, merely Gauthier. Apparently they can't understand why anyone would want to play in Montreal, and their only reason is Gauthier.

This has been done to death - the Cammalleri trade timing was insane, I'm not sure we know the entire context - maybe the trade took longer to negotiate to expected, and as soon as Calgary approved they wanted to ensure Cammalleri wouldn't risk injury, though why not just keep him on the bench then?

The Gill and Spacek trades on the other hand, I don't see why people make such a big deal. He couldn't tell them where they were probably going for a variety of reasons, what's wrong with giving them the heads up that they might be leaving within a few hours? Gill admitted he'd rather be kept in the dark until all information was told, personally I'd like to know as soon as possible to contact my family and arrange to have the clothing and whatever else I need to travel. But to each their own.

Defend Gauthier or not, the entire point of this article is to downplay the organization after the NHL players poll revealed that the Habs had the 5th most votes of who players would like to play for. Few players are picking their destination because of who the GM is. Gauthier may or may not be back here, either way Puck Daddy has tried to get attention with a headline and some Habs bashing.
Why? Perhaps because Montréal is a lively, interesting city, far more so so than most other NHL cities.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
either way Puck Daddy has tried to get attention with a headline and some Habs bashing.
and you just made sure that he'll get a boat load more hits by creating this thread...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

nevermind

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Go Habs Go

Because he knows hab fans have elected gauthier as the scapegoat. Might as well jump on the bandwaggon. No matter what gauthier does, hab fans will twist it to something negative. If its already negative, then its as if gauthier is the devil himself. Why not jump on the band waggon and gain some readers. No matter how illogical or irrational the argument is, the fans will eat it up.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
pine

vCash: 50
#FireGauthier

pine is offline   Reply With Quote