HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumors VII: This Could Get Nash-ty (*************** is NOT a legitimate source)

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

vCash: 500
Dubi can sign back with us after his contract expires...lol I wish. I am so upset and sad to see him go but its apart of the game. Just got his jersey in october too...Ill wear it proudly still if this goes down. Always will be a dubi fan and always cheer for him. Guy is a great Ranger.

Old
Blueblood9

so heres the question playing Krieder on the 3rd line next year would be counterproductive wont it? WOuld he slide in to AA spot on the top line and AA to the 3rd line center?

Old
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
I think it's time to consider breaking up the GAS line. Considering Nash is flexible playing both wings, I'd try out a top line of Nash-Richards-Gabby, and if they can't develop chemistry, try Nash-Stepan-Gaborik.
I'd mix up the lines throughout the game depending on the situation.

Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

GUYS! I cannot stress this enough ... WE (RANGERS) are in the power chair right now. YES CBJ does not have to trade him, however the consequences certainly outweigh the benefit. You honestly think CBJ will be a cup team over the next few years? NO WAY IN HELL. He also eats up a large sum of their finances handicapping them economically from acquiring FA's or signing their prospects to long term deals to compete. Nash also has a NMC which dictates WHERE he wants to go and now with these recent comments from his agent, how do you keep a guy around making a bulk load of cash on a losing team with no future who wants to move on? It's a no win situation. Rangers hold all the chips.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:05 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
http://watch.tsn.ca/clip626380#clip626380

mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Dubi can sign back with us after his contract expires...lol I wish. I am so upset and sad to see him go but its apart of the game. Just got his jersey in october too...Ill wear it proudly still if this goes down. Always will be a dubi fan and always cheer for him. Guy is a great Ranger.
hasn't even left yet bro. If this trade doesn't happen, it will be a ****show in this forum.

Old
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

i'm pretty sure nash played left wing with sid and iggy in vancouver.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

To be clear... there is absolutely no evidence to indicate that a trade has been reached/ is imminent. So we can all stop wishing Dubi goodbye and the best for his career in Ohio.

Maybe a 30% chance this goes through.

02-25-2012, 04:06 PM
ThirdEye

I think if they get Nash Kreider would be kind of redundant. I'm not saying he won't help, but we trading him away isn't going to kill us

Old
02-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Fanned On It

Not to hijack this thread, but... I'm a little new to all this roster/trading/prospects stuff as this is my first year watching hockey religiously, lol, so I have a question about Erixon. A lot of fans on here seem to think he's a great player (defenseman, right?) so my question is this: Who is he? Where did he come from? How old is he? Why isn't he playing on our team right now?

Old
02-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood9 View Post
so heres the question playing Krieder on the 3rd line next year would be counterproductive wont it? WOuld he slide in to AA spot on the top line and AA to the 3rd line center?
Why would having scoring depth on the third line be bad? If our third line is something like Kreider-Boyle-Hagelin, then it'll have offense and be able to handle checking duties. You'd have two skilled speed demons going against other teams' lower defense pairings.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
To be clear... there is absolutely no evidence to indicate that a trade has been reached/ is imminent. So we can all stop wishing Dubi goodbye and the best for his career in Ohio.

Maybe a 30% chance this goes through.
But we all just finished signing the card.

Old
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
it would be great if the Rangers traded Dubinsky and then the Rangers resign him in a few years when he is an UFA....imagine that
It'd be even better if he performs horribly in Columbus and we get him back real cheap before he rediscovers his form with us.

Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Just to lighten the mood:

TSN headline gaffe
http://danieljhogan.com/home/2012/02...rity-jeopardy/

Came from:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80693916/

Oh yeah and Nash looks to be coming here... may he not suck and waste the teams cap space.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:09 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Saw the Portzline tweet that Howson and Patrick will be huddling tomorrow...Craig Patrick being involved guarantees no Nash to NY...he turned down Sathers better Jagr offer when he shipped him to the Caps.

Old
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
I have actually read in several places that he hasn't decided whether or not he's coming out of college. Wishful thinking on your part because he has not said he's graduating? Most college athletes take summer courses believe it or not. If you knew anything about how Division 1 college sports worked you would know that they have to stay at school over the summer doing camps and ****. During the season, they don't have much time to do 4 classes a semester so they get a lot done in the summer. All of the college athletes I have taught do this. It would be unusual if they weren't taking classes in the summer. So if he stays that makes graduation June 2013. That means he has to hold out a whopping 2 months to sign with Boston. If I had the same option to go to the Rangers, I'd do it.
Do you really expect him to say that he's going pro as soon as his season is over? I'm sure that would go over well in the locker room.

He skated with the Rangers before training camp, paying his own way, using his own equipment. What prospect is going to do that and then wait over a year before he can be UFA and sign somewhere else? He was at the boston/Ranger game and did an interview with Gianone between periods. Again, why would he agree to do that if his "secret plan" was to wait another 15 months to become UFA and then sign with boston?

As to the bolded, I doubt it, as I doubt you are actually a Rangers fan at all. Go back to the boston boards.

Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
I feel horrible for Dubinsky.. Being in NY his entire career with pretty much the same players, finally getting a great team that can go deep. Next thing you know it your being traded to the worst team in the NHL and going to Columbus..
I'd feel a lot worse if he wasn't a) a millionaire and b) not producing up to that money.

Old
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but... I'm a little new to all this roster/trading/prospects stuff as this is my first year watching hockey religiously, lol, so I have a question about Erixon. A lot of fans on here seem to think he's a great player (defenseman, right?) so my question is this: Who is he? Where did he come from? How old is he? Why isn't he playing on our team right now?
He was Calgary's top prospect. We traded for him over the summer. He's a skilled two-way defensmen playing for our AHL affiliate right now because he needs to fill out before he can handle NHL play.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:10 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Bob says the Rangers are prepared to give up Dubinsky/Anisimov/Kreider/Miller/Erixon to make this trade (not all together, as individual pieces). Howson still insisting upon Del Zotto/McDonagh, Bob says they are adamant in their refusal to move these players.

Old
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Why would having scoring depth on the third line be bad? If our third line is something like Kreider-Boyle-Hagelin, then it'll have offense and be able to handle checking duties. You'd have two skilled speed demons going against other teams' lower defense pairings.

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Anisimov-Miller

Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
NO to MDZ and MCD!

Old
Rangers Fail
Free James Sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Calgary drafted him, but he didn't want to play there, and since his dad, Jan, is a former Ranger, rumor has it that he would only be willing to go here. We got him for a couple of second round picks. He turned 21 yesterday. McD wasn't even in the NHL this early. He's in CT right now, and he needs some time to develop there, fix his game, and needs to get stronger in the offseason. He's a very smart hockey player though. Sees the ice well. Projects as a top paring defenseman.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:12 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Do you really expect him to say that he's going pro as soon as his season is over? I'm sure that would go over well in the locker room.

He skated with the Rangers before training camp, paying his own way, using his own equipment. What prospect is going to do that and then wait over a year before he can be UFA and sign somewhere else? He was at the boston/Ranger game and did an interview with Gianone between periods. Again, why would he agree to do that if his "secret plan" was to wait another 15 months to become UFA and then sign with boston?

As to the bolded, I doubt it, as I doubt you are actually a Rangers fan at all. Go back to the boston boards.
Someone gets really defensive. If he wants to go back to college, he only has to wait 2 months. Believe it or not, some people like college. If he graduates this year, he's a ranger, if he doesn't, he's a bruin. Simple as that. Saying that it isn't a possibility is being delusional on your part.

You're a pretty cool guy because you can go onto hockey boards on the internet and tell people they aren't fans because you disagree with them. I bow down to your coolness

Old
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I think if they get Nash Kreider would be kind of redundant. I'm not saying he won't help, but we trading him away isn't going to kill us
Not at all. You can never have too much speed. You can never have too many players that are 6'3" 225 lbs. And you can never have too many good players on cheap contracts.

Old
PMantis24
LGR!

It feels like a roller coaster ride. Didn't want Nash initially, then accepted the fact he's probably on his way, now I don't think Howson will take the package we put on the table.

Whatever the outcome, I just want this to end already.

IF the trade goes down, it'll be sad to see Dubi go, been rooting for this guy since he came up and did well with Jagr. The team he helped built is finally coming together and he might get shipped out to CLB, but it the end it's a business. Was really looking forward to see him and Cally raise the cup together.

/popcorn

Closed Thread