HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumors VII: This Could Get Nash-ty (*************** is NOT a legitimate source)

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2012, 12:11 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I thought Dubi was pretty strong along the boards all night long, the 1 offsides was awful, but by and large he did what hes supposed to do playing with 2 guys with feet for hands. Grind away. He got to loose pucks, he played well. I dont think anyone else played particularly great. Gabby scored a goal, sure, but it was kinda cherrypickery...nice to get it, etc, but did they have all that many chances? im kinda coming up empty on where there other chances were. *shrugs*
No one here was accusing Malkin of cherrypicking when he did the exact same thing vs. us.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
No one here was accusing Malkin of cherrypicking when he did the exact same thing vs. us.
Actually, there were a bunch of people in the GDT saying that. But that's really neither here nor there. I also thought Dubi had a good game but so did Gabby. Honestly, I'm not too sure this is going to happen anymore and that doesn't bother me. I think if it were a year from now and we had just gotten to the ECF and lost I would say definitely sweeten the pot and try to get it done. We do have some inexperienced guys and I'd like to see how the team currently constructed fares in the playoffs before making a big trade, it just doesn't make sense to me this year, the timing is off.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:26 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
I was yelling "cherrypicking *******!" at my tv if that counts.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:43 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
I'm at the point where I'd bet money that Columbus balks and stands pat on trading Nash until the Summer.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Alluckks

Poor guys over on the CBJ forum still believe that if a trade with the Rangers goes down they will get a haul...reading them throw out names like Stepan and Staal as starting points...

Old
02-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluckks View Post
Poor guys over on the CBJ forum still believe that if a trade with the Rangers goes down they will get a haul...reading them throw out names like Stepan and Staal as starting points...
Lol. Anyone mentioning Lundqvist yet?

Last edited by Rangers Fail: 02-25-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old
02-25-2012, 12:52 AM
518NYRfan

Quote:
Lol. Anyone mentioning Lindqvist yet?
ill gladly throw in jeremy lin... lin, dubinsky, mcilrath, thomas, 1st 2012 and ill even toss in wolski OR avery... your pick. hows that sound?

Old
02-25-2012, 12:54 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluckks View Post
This will end in disappointment for all of us.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 518NYRfan View Post
ill gladly throw in jeremy lin... lin, dubinsky, mcilrath, thomas, 1st 2012 and ill even toss in wolski OR avery... your pick. hows that sound?
Dammit. Stupid typo.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:04 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I'm at the point where I'd bet money that Columbus balks and stands pat on trading Nash until the Summer.
I've thought that all along. No one's caving into CBJ's demands and I don't imagine any team will. Add to the fact that Nash isn't a free agent at the end of the year and is signed for a while which means CBJ has no reason to take an offer they don't want and you wind up in a situation where he's most likely moved in the offseason.

02-25-2012, 05:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Summer option for Nash trade only makes sense if players list of teams he's willing to go to grows. It won't. Might shrink
https://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/...43516183523328

Quote:
#CBJ approach is that they don't have to trade Nash, but several possible suitors and the Nash camp are getting impatient w the process.
https://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline/st...70327277785088

Nash controls the cards here. His list of teams won't increase. The Nash camp are getting impatient

Those 2 tweets have the fingerprints of Joe Resnick all over them. Resnick is the agent for Nash.

They want out. ASAP.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:52 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

What ever minuscule amount of leverage Columbus may have had (none really) is shrinking by the day.

Nash wants out. List of teams small and will shrink in the summer.

They either trade him now and get back a good return. Or they stupidly wait till the summer and get a forced return from a team that has them by the balls because that's the only team Nash wants to go to.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Thanks for the insight. He's just what this team needs.

If he is traded for the speculated package (Dubinsky/Erixon/Thomas/1st), it may be a disappointment on the surface, but you'll assuredly love the first two players. It's not a HUGE return, but it's better than what Thornton/Richards returned. Thomas has solid potential as a Cammalleri like player. For a package of futures, it's a good place to start. Add in Yakupov/Grigorenko and it gets better.

Good luck with the Jackets, wish them all the best.
This team "needs" nothing. It's already the best in the East. Start saying "has room for" instead of "needs". That way it's actually an accurate statement.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
This team "needs" nothing. It's already the best in the East. Start saying "has room for" instead of "needs". That way it's actually an accurate statement.
The NYR have the best RECORD in the East and arguably the BEST goalie in the east . Are they mutually exclusive of BEST TEAM headed to the playoffs ?
That is the million dollar question isn't it .
The PP and PK disparity is concerning . The goal differential is hard to argue against.
The one dimesionality of the NYR as constructed is what is going to be put to the test .
The BEST team in the east will be determined in April now won't it .

Old
02-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
The NYR have the best RECORD in the East and arguably the BEST goalie in the east . Are they mutually exclusive of BEST TEAM headed to the playoffs ?
That is the million dollar question isn't it .
The PP and PK disparity is concerning . The goal differential is hard to argue against.
The one dimesionality of the NYR as constructed is what is going to be put to the test .
The BEST team in the east will be determined in April now won't it .
No, that's not the million dollar question. Because there is a simple objective answer. We've been the best, therefore we're the only ones who have a legitimate claim to the title of the best.

There are many ways to get wins. One way you don't get wins is by having an impressive team on paper. Games are decided by playing them, not by comparing the top six forwards by name.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:55 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

If the players didn't want any movement, they chose the wrong time to start struggling against bottom feeding teams like the Blue Jackets and Islanders. OT and SO against these two leading up to the deadline...if they struggle against Buffalo tonight, they're just asking for it.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/...43516183523328

https://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline/st...70327277785088

Nash controls the cards here. His list of teams won't increase. The Nash camp are getting impatient

Those 2 tweets have the fingerprints of Joe Resnick all over them. Resnick is the agent for Nash.

They want out. ASAP.
If true, it's the first I've heard of "The Nash camp" wanting out of Columbus. Which is a sign there actually is pressure on Howson to get a deal done.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:02 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Why would Nash supply a list of teams to be traded to if he didn't want out?

Passive aggressive. Just because he doesn't outright say it and throw his employer under the bus, doesn't mean he doesn't want out.

He could have supplied a broader list of teams. But why risk getting traded from one mess to another. He's a professional athlete. He wants to win. He spent nearly a decade in the black hole of the NHL.

Howson has no leverage. He's either going to be proud and get a questionable return in the summer, or take the better return now. Or risk having an elite player in an unhappy state, while his franchise attempts to rebuild...again...as they have been doing his entire NHL career.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Even if they win the East, that means relatively jack**** come playoff time. It means they should be a team that can make a deep run, but we all know that's never a certainty. This team does have needs to make them a contender and not the Craps 2.0.

Call it what you want.

02-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Why would Nash supply a list of teams to be traded to if he didn't want out? .
Howson probably requested it. It's a matter of mutual respect. Howson wants to move on, but respects the NMC in the contract. Nash wants to stay but respects what Howson is trying to do.

Of course, now that it's happened, Nash wants it to be over and done with.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Even if they win the East, that means relatively jack**** come playoff time. It means they should be a team that can make a deep run, but we all know that's never a certainty. This team does have needs to make them a contender and not the Craps 2.0.

Call it what you want.
Yeah, we really resemble those capital teams that underachieved after a strong reg season...

Obviously we could get better in areas, but calling that a need is absurd. We're winning as is, and winning is all that counts for anything. You don't get extra wins for winning with a strong power play or winning with a better looking top six on paper.

Old
azrok22

Unconfirmed report on the Columbus board that the Blue Jackets removed the Nash banner from the outside of Nationwide Arena late last night/early this morning. Seems like a strange time to do that if he's playing out the rest of the season and being traded in the summer instead, but who knows.

Still torn on if I even want Nash.

Old
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I can't edit my posts, so my post count is increasing here because I can't add onto existing posts.

Take the package of picks and prospects and a solid young NHL player.

Doesn't matter if Columbus fans want to come to grips with reality or not. But Columbus is NOT getting ANY team's top prospect or top young NHL players. Its not happening. Everyone knows how far back up a wall Howson is. No one is going to cave into his demands. And if Howson doesn't accept the solid returns he's being offered, he's going to shoot himself in the foot.

Dubinsky, McIrath, Thomas, 1st

There's a lot of talent in that package. McIrath and Thomas are signed to pro contracts. There's little risk. They would most likely make the NHL roster in October or later in the season, as both will be 20 in the summer, they both can at least start in the AHL. They'll have an extra first round pick. And Dubinsky.

Or.

Wait till the summer and get a lesser package. No one is pressing for a playoff run in late June.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Unconfirmed report on the Columbus board that the Blue Jackets removed the Nash banner from the outside of Nationwide Arena late last night/early this morning. Seems like a strange time to do that if he's playing out the rest of the season and being traded in the summer instead, but who knows.

Still torn on if I even want Nash.
Interesting...

The Great Sean Avery for Rick Nash.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:18 AM
zestystrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Why would Nash supply a list of teams to be traded to if he didn't want out?

Passive aggressive. Just because he doesn't outright say it and throw his employer under the bus, doesn't mean he doesn't want out.

He could have supplied a broader list of teams. But why risk getting traded from one mess to another. He's a professional athlete. He wants to win. He spent nearly a decade in the black hole of the NHL.

Howson has no leverage. He's either going to be proud and get a questionable return in the summer, or take the better return now. Or risk having an elite player in an unhappy state, while his franchise attempts to rebuild...again...as they have been doing his entire NHL career.
Agreed. I'd like to think that athletes playing in Ohio, have somewhat recently learned a thing or two about leaving Ohio with a little class. He and his agent don't want to create the NHL version of LeBron.

Quote:
No, that's not the million dollar question. Because there is a simple objective answer. We've been the best, therefore we're the only ones who have a legitimate claim to the title of the best.

There are many ways to get wins. One way you don't get wins is by having an impressive team on paper. Games are decided by playing them, not by comparing the top six forwards by name.
Flawed logic. Records reset in the PO's. It's that kind of thinking that Torts and team have gone out of their way to rally against...like when their dopy owner starts talking about a cup halfway thru the season.

NYR own the record...and that record did nothing to help them win vs. the NYI last night.

Closed Thread