HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#62 | SABRES at RANGERS | SAT FEB 25 | 07:00PM ET

Old
02-25-2012, 09:41 PM
FoSotC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Why does it seem like everyone's milestone goals are against the Sabres?
Confirmation bias.

There isn't a fanbase in the league that hasn't said this same thing.

Sucks when it happens, though.

FoSotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Kaleta got toasted on that goal. Rough night for him.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Kaleta, you're garbage.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
slip

I was wondering why Ruff threw Roy and Kaleta out together on that last shift.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedus View Post
Confirmation bias.

There isn't a fanbase in the league that hasn't said this same thing.

Sucks when it happens, though.
Right up there with "Why do backup goaltenders always beat us?!"

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:43 PM
joshjull

Kaleta with a bizarre choice to defend Callahan. Roy floats back making it impossible for him to support the play defensively.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:46 PM
murdoq

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
I was wondering why Ruff threw Roy and Kaleta out together on that last shift.
it's ruff. he makes many questionable decisions every game. if they work out he's a genius. if they don't work out we lose.

murdoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:55 PM
puckish66

The combination of Kevin, Danny and the Rangers feed made for, very possibly, the worst broadcast in Sabres history. And that might not be an exaggeration.

I really hope that Danny and Brian sharing color commentary is Ted Black's way of comparing apples to apples.

Ted dropped the ball on the promised slo-mo camera (they are awesome) and has already apologized for using the New York area feeds. Please, Ted, don't go 0-3 on broadcast decisions. (Edit: Of course I'll give him one for the Brian Duff hire.)

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:10 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckish66 View Post
The combination of Kevin, Danny and the Rangers feed made for, very possibly, the worst broadcast in Sabres history. And that might not be an exaggeration.

I really hope that Danny and Brian sharing color commentary is Ted Black's way of comparing apples to apples.

Ted dropped the ball on the promised slo-mo camera (they are awesome) and has already apologized for using the New York area feeds. Please, Ted, don't go 0-3 on broadcast decisions. (Edit: Of course I'll give him one for the Brian Duff hire.)
I'm sure you're aware, but Just in case ....

Ted wanted to see how the New York area feeds came across on TV. He has seen it, experienced it, and doesn't like it. He now knows that is not something he wants to do next season. He's not blind, or deaf. He will make the adjustments and changes so the broadcast is not New York based. He can't alter things mid-late season. It is what it is (bad) this season. I am glad Ted tried something, and realized it doesn't work and will make it better.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:42 AM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I'm sure you're aware, but Just in case ....

Ted wanted to see how the New York area feeds came across on TV. He has seen it, experienced it, and doesn't like it. He now knows that is not something he wants to do next season. He's not blind, or deaf. He will make the adjustments and changes so the broadcast is not New York based. He can't alter things mid-late season. It is what it is (bad) this season. I am glad Ted tried something, and realized it doesn't work and will make it better.
I hope that's how it went down. But if Ted wanted to see it and experience it, he could have watched a tape over the summer. (And the Sabres played at MSG on March 1, so he should have gotten an eyeful then.)

Listen, I'm not going to say Terry is cheap. He is far from it. No one could reasonably ask him to spend any more than he's spent on the hockey side of things.

He said if he wanted to make money, he'd drill another well. But that doesn't mean he wants to lose tons and tons of money. There still could be pressure to keep things on the lean and mean side on the business side of the organization, and that's Ted's area.

The Sabres save a lot of money by using the Devil, Islander and Ranger feeds. And by using cheap in-house talent like Kevin instead of a real play by play guy. And super slo mo cameras are expensive.

Whatever. Good for Ted for apologizing to the fans for using the NY feeds and promising a fix.

It just seems like another example where the new guys don't know what the rest of us know and are slow off the mark to fix an obvious problem. Status quo should not be good enough.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
It just seems like another example where the new guys don't know what the rest of us know and are slow off the mark to fix an obvious problem. Status quo should not be good enough.
Has anybody actually communicated opinions of Sylvester & Gare's performance to the Sabre's front office? What's the BEST way to do that?

Is there any chance they've settled on these two and we're stuck with them when RJ & Neale retire?

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:52 PM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
Has anybody actually communicated opinions of Sylvester & Gare's performance to the Sabre's front office? What's the BEST way to do that?

Is there any chance they've settled on these two and we're stuck with them when RJ & Neale retire?
A broadcast survey was emailed recently. You must not have gotten it. Don't feel bad -- neither did I. It went to "Sabres Insiders." You sign up for that on sabres.com.

The survey would suggest Ted is doing a close evaluation of the broadcasts. I can't imagine Kevin's reviews were very good.

Best way to communicate? I bet in this day and age of instant communication that a letter sent via snail mail to Ted would make a strong impression.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:37 AM
CrankyJay

Quote:
A broadcast survey was emailed recently. You must not have gotten it. Don't feel bad -- neither did I. It went to "Sabres Insiders." You sign up for that on sabres.com.

The survey would suggest Ted is doing a close evaluation of the broadcasts. I can't imagine Kevin's reviews were very good.

Best way to communicate? I bet in this day and age of instant communication that a letter sent via snail mail to Ted would make a strong impression.
I know plenty of people that think Sylvester is doing a good job and it scares the crap out of me to think he'll be our future announcer once Rick is gone.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:36 AM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
I know plenty of people that think Sylvester is doing a good job and it scares the crap out of me to think he'll be our future announcer once Rick is gone.
Yep. And as we hear him more, his poor play by play skills aren't the worst of it. He's a jerk on top of it. Not that that should surprise anyone from his days as a talk radio host.