HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2004 draft redo.......

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2004, 10:21 PM
  #1
Birko19
Registered User
 
Birko19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,657
vCash: 500
2004 draft redo.......

Now that we've seen a bit of these kids, how would you redo the top 10?

Of course I'm assuming Ovechkin and Malkin remain the top 2 since that's a no brainer, but what would you change after that?

Birko19 is offline  
Old
11-02-2004, 10:38 PM
  #2
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,043
vCash: 500
1.Ovechkin
2.Malkin
3.Barker
4.Montoya
5.Schrempo
6.Ladd
7.Smid
8.Radulov
9.Schwarz
10.Meszaros

monster_bertuzzi is online now  
Old
11-02-2004, 10:40 PM
  #3
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 55,128
vCash: 500
The Pens have a guy who is still playing in high school.

I'll wait a while before re-doing this draft

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
11-02-2004, 10:47 PM
  #4
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
1.Ovechkin
2.Malkin
3.Barker
4.Montoya
5.Schrempo
6.Ladd
7.Smid
8.Radulov
9.Schwarz
10.Meszaros
Ladd? He's not having a great start...


1-Oveshkin...well, he will always be #1
2-Malkin...always #2
3-Barker...Full package for a D
4-Tukonen...Will have a big season and some team will regret for not picking him before 11th
5-Olesz...Great player, same situation has Tukonen
6-Smid...great skills for that euro D
7-Meszaros...Enjoying a great start in the WHL
8-Radulov...The best rookie sniper of the Q
9-Shwarz...He's better then Montoya
10-Chipchura...His showing why he was #1 by CSS at mid season of last year


BTW, It's still to early to redo the top 10...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 01:19 AM
  #5
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Ladd? He's not having a great start...


1-Oveshkin...well, he will always be #1
2-Malkin...always #2
3-Barker...Full package for a D
4-Tukonen...Will have a big season and some team will regret for not picking him before 11th
5-Olesz...Great player, same situation has Tukonen
6-Smid...great skills for that euro D
7-Meszaros...Enjoying a great start in the WHL
8-Radulov...The best rookie sniper of the Q
9-Shwarz...He's better then Montoya
10-Chipchura...His showing why he was #1 by CSS at mid season of last year


BTW, It's still to early to redo the top 10...
agreed. i don tknow where he got the notion that fans have got to see even half of the first round players. also, not much ahs happened ever since thse guys got drafted, i mean they just started the season.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 03:59 AM
  #6
Pie Man
A-Pie
 
Pie Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Im the guy next door
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,460
vCash: 500
#1 - Ovechkin... nothing more to say here
#2 - Malkin... nothing more to say here either
#3 - Olesz... surprise, surprise. Chicago have alot of good d-mens when they drafted Barker and I thought they would be better with Olesz. Olesz is the complete package but ppl is saying he has limited offensive upside, well ppl who have said it will regret it once the NHL is starting again.
#4 ...
#5 ...
#6 ...
#7 ...
#8 ...
#9 ...
#10 ...

Pie Man is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 04:16 AM
  #7
Birko19
Registered User
 
Birko19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
agreed. i don tknow where he got the notion that fans have got to see even half of the first round players. also, not much ahs happened ever since thse guys got drafted, i mean they just started the season.
I'm talking about the start of their seasons so far, I know we're not far enough in the season but I'm talking about the first 10-15 games so far.

Guys who play in the CHL, RSL, SEL, Czech league, and Finnish league have already played 10 or so games, I'm not sure about the NCAA but I think they just started their season, so I'm just talking about first impressions, how would you rank them?

Birko19 is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 06:48 AM
  #8
moosefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Luongo
#1 - Ovechkin... nothing more to say here
#2 - Malkin... nothing more to say here either
#3 - Olesz... surprise, surprise. Chicago have alot of good d-mens when they drafted Barker and I thought they would be better with Olesz. Olesz is the complete package but ppl is saying he has limited offensive upside, well ppl who have said it will regret it once the NHL is starting again.
#4 ...
#5 ...
#6 ...
#7 ...
#8 ...
#9 ...
#10 ...
I agree with Olesz, I think that he is going to have a great offensive game. Just like how they said Michalek never had alot of offensive upside, i seen him at the WJC here in Halifax and I thought he was one of the better offensive players here, I think Olesz is going to be great in the offensive end myself.

moosefan is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 07:03 AM
  #9
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19
I'm talking about the start of their seasons so far, I know we're not far enough in the season but I'm talking about the first 10-15 games so far.

Guys who play in the CHL, RSL, SEL, Czech league, and Finnish league have already played 10 or so games, I'm not sure about the NCAA but I think they just started their season, so I'm just talking about first impressions, how would you rank them?
16 games actually. He's fourth on his team in scoring. Not to shabby the youngest guy by three years. Five if you don't count goaltenders.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 08:36 AM
  #10
Pie Man
A-Pie
 
Pie Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Im the guy next door
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosefan
I agree with Olesz, I think that he is going to have a great offensive game. Just like how they said Michalek never had alot of offensive upside, i seen him at the WJC here in Halifax and I thought he was one of the better offensive players here, I think Olesz is going to be great in the offensive end myself.
Which NHLer or prospect do u think Olesz style most look similar too?

Pie Man is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 09:08 AM
  #11
Kubera55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
9-Shwarz...He's better then Montoya
Still waiting for some back-up on that one.

Montoya is 5-2-1 with a shut-out and a save percentage well over .900 this season, and to most reports he looks like he's not even trying that hard.

What's Schwarz done comparitively in the early part of the season to move up ten spots?

Kubera55 is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 09:15 AM
  #12
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,981
vCash: 500
no one is gonna give you a good answer on that kub

it's just "he's so skilled and he's the best puck stopper!"

like montoya is crap and can't stop pucks and has no skills

Levitate is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 09:22 AM
  #13
pucks1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Luongo
Which NHLer or prospect do u think Olesz style most look similar too?
I wasn't impressed by Olesz at the mini camp, Stewart was the biggist standout in my eyes.

pucks1 is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 10:04 AM
  #14
Blane Youngblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
it's just "he's so skilled and he's the best puck stopper!"
I would say that Shwarz has been a bit of a disapointment for me this seasons. He gets caught out of position very often and puts a lot of rebounds into bad positions. While I don't think he's been terrible, and you can see the great flexability and reflexes, I think he hasn't been that good for the Giants this season. So far this season Schneider actually looks like the class of the first round for goalies (of course I'm a Canucks fan).

Blane Youngblood is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 10:08 AM
  #15
Oiltalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jin
I would say that Shwarz has been a bit of a disapointment for me this seasons. He gets caught out of position very often and puts a lot of rebounds into bad positions. While I don't think he's been terrible, and you can see the great flexability and reflexes, I think he hasn't been that good for the Giants this season. So far this season Schneider actually looks like the class of the first round for goalies (of course I'm a Canucks fan).
Agree that Schneider has been looking pretty good out there. Schwarz isn't as good as Montoya at this time, and I don't think he ever will be IMO.

Oiltalk is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 10:41 AM
  #16
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucks1
I wasn't impressed by Olesz at the mini camp, Stewart was the biggist standout in my eyes.
I think 1/2 of Olesz's problems at the mini camp were because he did not understand a thing that the coaches were saying. He just looked so confused.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 11:12 AM
  #17
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubera55
Still waiting for some back-up on that one.

Montoya is 5-2-1 with a shut-out and a save percentage well over .900 this season, and to most reports he looks like he's not even trying that hard.

What's Schwarz done comparitively in the early part of the season to move up ten spots?
Don't look at the stats...they are not so important. I think Schwarz will be a better goaler down the road. Grant Fuhr will help him in St-Louis and he will work on his weakness to become the best goaler of the 2004 draft. This is just my opinion...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 11:40 AM
  #18
Pie Man
A-Pie
 
Pie Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Im the guy next door
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
I think 1/2 of Olesz's problems at the mini camp were because he did not understand a thing that the coaches were saying. He just looked so confused.
Intresting, man I hope the guy come to NA to play in CHL or AHL, he got to learn the language and the NA style.

Pie Man is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 12:56 PM
  #19
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,584
vCash: 500
Voloshenko: 12 games, 7 goals, 2 assists, 9 points, 2 PIMs

Is that good in the RSL?

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 01:02 PM
  #20
Chaos
3, 2, 1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,786
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
Voloshenko: 12 games, 7 goals, 2 assists, 9 points, 2 PIMs

Is that good in the RSL?
Is the High League the top league in Russia?

Chaos is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 01:09 PM
  #21
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,531
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
Voloshenko: 12 games, 7 goals, 2 assists, 9 points, 2 PIMs

Is that good in the RSL?
It would be, I guess, but it doesn't look like he's playing in the RSL. He plays in the league below it.

Seachd is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 01:19 PM
  #22
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Is the High League the top league in Russia?
I think it's in the high league... which is okay. Sovetov wasn't part of the Elite League last year.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 02:20 PM
  #23
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
I think it's in the high league... which is okay. Sovetov wasn't part of the Elite League last year.
Yeah, I think you're right. And to answer another poster question, 9 points in 12 games in that league isn't that great for a Sniper...Kostitsyn was playing in that league and he was putting at least a point per game.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 02:27 PM
  #24
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Yeah, I think you're right. And to answer another poster question, 9 points in 12 games in that league isn't that great for a Sniper...Kostitsyn was playing in that league and he was putting at least a point per game.
May not be great but its still pretty useful.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
11-03-2004, 03:07 PM
  #25
Slay
Registered User
 
Slay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Yeah, I think you're right. And to answer another poster question, 9 points in 12 games in that league isn't that great for a Sniper...Kostitsyn was playing in that league and he was putting at least a point per game.
Kostitsyn has played for the CSKA-2 and it is not High League club. It is farm team that plays in farm teams league with Lokomotiv-2, Dynamo-2, Metallurg-2 etc. This competition is below High League.
Here how it rates:
1.Super League
2.High League (Upper League, Visshaya Liga)
3.1st League/Farm (basically juniors)

Slay is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.