HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I hate this team (aka was proud of this team)

Old
03-27-2012, 12:58 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
I hate this team (aka was proud of this team)

Even if we don't make the playoffs, it's very easy to be negative right now. But considering what our team is and how much cap space we have, our future has to be one of the top 3 in the league. We just gotta retool the team here and there. Get a few more solid pieces on both ends of the team and a hopefully a new coach. Thank God we can trust our organization in making smart moves.

Here's to an interesting offseason!

Last edited by S E P H: 03-29-2012 at 12:40 AM.
S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:59 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 900
...cool.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:12 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

As nerve wracking as this time of the year is for a bubble team, I agree completely. When the Varlamov trade was made, everyone said that Nail was going to the Caps.

As of right now, the Avs 1st round pick is the 14th pick in the draft.

For being the youngest team in the league and being at the salary floor, it has been a very successful year, and just a glimpse of things to come. And the confidence that the young guys are gaining this year from all the games that they have come back from being down, I could see next year being a strong playoff push.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:20 PM
KingSizeKirby
#WhyNotUs?

vCash: 50
Even if they miss the playoffs it been a good season.

KingSizeKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

Cap space means nothing if they won't use it to sign free agents to replace some of the players that suck. Other than spending the money on RFA guys like duchene, radar, and a few others, KSE will probably not spend what it takes to make the avs a real contender. Expect barely NHL level guys like SOB to be re-signed when they let a great player like flash walk away without a single offer and overpayment for a player like Hejda.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:36 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zKiRbYz21 View Post
Even if they miss the playoffs it been a good season.
Only thing I wish we did better in was the Northwest. It was our downfall, but here's to a new coaching staff who can play against any form of playing style!

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:39 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephtones View Post
Even if we don't make the playoffs, it's very easy to be negative right now. But considering what our team is and how much cap space we have, our future has to be one of the top 3 in the league. We just gotta retool the team here and there. Get a few more solid pieces on both ends of the team and a hopefully a new coach. Thank God we can trust our organization in making smart moves.

Here's to an interesting offseason!
Thank you. Its nice to know that theres some realistic and down to earth fans here

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:52 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
Cap space means nothing if they won't use it to sign free agents to replace some of the players that suck. Other than spending the money on RFA guys like duchene, radar, and a few others, KSE will probably not spend what it takes to make the avs a real contender. Expect barely NHL level guys like SOB to be re-signed when they let a great player like flash walk away without a single offer and overpayment for a player like Hejda.
Yes, they should have kept Flash and forced him to risk his life even more by living/playing at altitude.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:53 PM
The Shermanator
Butts

Youngest team. Lowest payroll.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:53 PM
avsfan9

Quote:
i doubt flash would have been the avs saviour. his points would have been nice, but not enough. without hejda and o'byrne our pk would be abysmal, so i think that was a nice signing, we needed a veteran presence on the blueline with the loss of foote and hannen and he fit the mold that the avs were looking to aquire. as for shane o'brien, i was plesently suprised with him this season, with his leadership and overall performance, he did well and deserves a nice contract.

i think the avs will get some pieces in the offseason to make this team a contender, next season, if there is a season and i think sacco has done a pretty good job in his tenure as head coach for the avs for a rebuilding team. all the canadian media raved about how good this team was coached on most nights, mostly only compalaints came from avs fans on these boards so, take it with a grain of salt.

however, i have full confidence that the avs will be back next year a dangerous team, as they will start to compete with teams like the sharks, canucks and red wings for tops the western conference. go avs go!

avsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
This.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:03 PM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
This.

Would be interesting to see how competitive we will be with a higher payroll.

(Fingers crossed)

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:06 PM
zingbo2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
Yes, they should have kept Flash and forced him to risk his life even more by living/playing at altitude.
Exactly he has a severe disorder that would threaten his life playing in denver full time. But hey the team didn't do what I want do they are stupid. He probably told them that he couldn't resign because of it so they didn't pressure him.

zingbo2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
What?

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:18 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Record Robot View Post
What?
SOB sucks, he doesn't belong in this league.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Congo Jack
Show Me Your Moves!

We proved a lot of haters wrong by getting this far.

Congo Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:19 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

The difference from where we are now to being in a fight for 6th is simply Duchene finding his game. To be in the hunt for 4th we need to add a solid top 4 defenseman on top of that, and to be a contender we need to add a top flight goal scorer, top 2 defenseman, and a solid 4/5 defenseman. All of those are possible this summer, so if KSE wants to bring a Stanley Cup in the next two or three years they need to open up their checkbooks and sign Suter and Parise. If neither is brought in this team is still a number of years from being on Blues or Canucks level.

That being said, I think this team exceeded expectations and played pretty well this year. If somebody said that Duchene would score less than 30 points and be injured for a chunk of the season and the Avs were still fighting for the playoffs with 4 games left, you would have called them crazy.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Youngest and one of the cheapest team in NHL, not bad!!! Well played guys! Next year with better defense, we will get into playoffs for sure!

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
SOB sucks, he doesn't belong in this league.
SOB is being asked to be a #2 on most nights, and that is simply beyond what he is. If he is asked to play a #5 role while helping out a younger player he is exactly what you expect a #5 to be. I may be one of the few, but I think the Avs should bring him back on a fairly cheap deal (no more than 2 yr/$3.5million or 3 yr/$5 million).

Old
03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
All of those are possible this summer, so if KSE wants to bring a Stanley Cup in the next two or three years they need to open up their checkbooks and sign Suter and Parise. If neither is brought in this team is still a number of years from being on Blues or Canucks level.
Are you guys serious about this checkbook thing? We had one of the largest payrolls in NHL before lock-out, I have no doubt he's going to open it again, when it's needed. So far we haven't needed any cash, because we were rebuilding. Not to mention Kroenke owns alot more expensive sport franchises so I doubt he cares for 20 million per say(not to mention when it gives a chance to win it all).

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:26 PM
GamingGiant

Assuming we miss the playoffs, is it safe to think that Sacco will be out of here?

Can't help but think that might be the silver lining to this season.

Old
03-27-2012, 02:27 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Are you guys serious about this checkbook thing? We had one of the largest payrolls in NHL before lock-out, I have no doubt he's going to open it again, when it's needed. So far we haven't needed any cash, because we were rebuilding. Not to mention Kroenke owns alot more expensive sport franchises so I doubt he cares for 20 million per say(not to mention when it gives a chance to win it all).
This summer will answer that question. I think KSE will spend, but that just might be wishful thinking.

Old
03-27-2012, 02:29 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
SOB is being asked to be a #2 on most nights, and that is simply beyond what he is. If he is asked to play a #5 role while helping out a younger player he is exactly what you expect a #5 to be. I may be one of the few, but I think the Avs should bring him back on a fairly cheap deal (no more than 2 yr/$3.5million or 3 yr/$5 million).
Even when he was a #5 he thought he was a #2 and tried to play like it. I don't mind SOB when he plays within his limits but the problem is that he doesn't know what his limits are.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:31 PM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
We shall see come this offseason.

It's kind of hard to have complete faith in a owner who seems more focused on establishing himself in other sports markets.

Old
03-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Mr Green

This time last year I was praying for a swift end to a nighmare season. Now this time of year we've been playing meaningful games all month, and we are technically still in the hunt for the playoffs, albeit a total long shot

So yeah, I'm proud of them too.

Mr Green is offline   Reply With Quote