HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXV

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2012, 02:56 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I doubt an injured one can.

As for Wol...I mean Stew... sorrySemin thanks but no thanks, there are better players who would come with a similar price tag and they give more than 40% effort. They're also not a KHL risk.
For a minute there I thought you were talking about Duchene.

Old
03-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
You must come up with a new trade for Stastny or Duchene every single week.
Wat. First time i've ever said we should trade duchene.

and to the Semin, no thanks anymore. His fighting video and lack of any sort of grit has soured on me.

Old
03-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
1st of all no one will sign him for six years and secondly he's been the Caps best player since december and he's the main reason they're in a position to fight for a playoff spot, so I wouldn't say he didn't show up this season.
First of all we have no idea how desperate Gm's can be come July 1st. I didn't think Redden could get 6 million for 6 years after his terrible year in Ottawa but here we are. Couldn't careless if he's been their best player for a couple of months. He's the 2nd most talented player on the caps and he refuses to give a dame in a CONTRACT year. This player will never win a cup unless it's being handed to him.

Don't know this guy is or who's he talking about but this pretty much sums up Semin. Also this coach is a genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
IMO, Semin gets a bad rap because he's Russian. He's a pretty good player. $6M per year player? No, but if Grabovski gets $5.5, Stastny $6, Bouwmeester $6.7, Gomez $7.4, Lecavalier $7.7, Doughty $7....
No, he gets a bad rep because he only tries when he feels like it. He's a great player when he wants to be. Bender said he's like Kovalev and Federov but honestly I think that's an insult to those great players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
For a minute there I thought you were talking about Duchene.
If anything that would be Stastny. At least I know Duchene wants to be an av, can't say for sure about Stastny. Uh oh didn't I say something bad about Stastny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Wat. First time i've ever said we should trade duchene.

and to the Semin, no thanks anymore. His fighting video and lack of any sort of grit has soured on me.
Lol It took you this long to figure it out?

Old
03-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Don't know this guy is or who's he talking about but this pretty much sums up Semin. Also this coach is a genius.
He was a genius player, but a God-AWFUL coach.

Old
03-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Yeah Mike was an amazing linebacker but his coaching career isn't all that great.

Old
03-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Either way he's awesome in my books, for calling it like it is.

Old
03-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Too bad about Semin he could be a 50 goal 100 point guy if he wanted to.

Old
03-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
Too bad about Semin he could be a 50 goal 100 point guy if he wanted to.
that's just way life goes. Many people could do much greater things, but they are just too lazy to make it happen. There are only certain number of people who actually use their full potential.

Old
03-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Rhaego

I just watched Semins fight for the first time in a long time, why would we won't him lol? I could take him in a fight.

Old
03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
I just watched Semins fight for the first time in a long time, why would we won't him lol? I could take him in a fight.
Out of all the reasons to not like semin, yours is his fighting ability?

Old
03-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Out of all the reasons to not like semin, yours is his fighting ability?
Im 18 and weight 160-170 and could easily take Semin if thats how skinny he is and how he fights. Yes that is all I need to not like him.

Old
03-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Personally, I would love for the Avs to sign a guy like Ray Whitney [1 year contract] to play with Duchene. The guy can still put up points (61pts in 68gp this season) and would compliment him very well. Didn't they play together at the World Championships at some point?

Old
03-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Personally, I would love for the Avs to sign a guy like Ray Whitney [1 year contract] to play with Duchene. The guy can still put up points (61pts in 68gp this season) and would compliment him very well. Didn't they play together at the World Championships at some point?
Smart, playmaking winger...it'd make sense.

My only sticking point is his age. I know the guy is still playing good hockey at 39, but man, sometimes a player can show his age pretty quicky. Case in point: Milan Hejduk.

Old
03-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
He would be a fantastic signing assuming he doesn't resign in phoenix.

Old
03-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

I don't know why people insist on bringing up Semin here. With how Avalanche view themselves and the qualities they are looking for in a player, I think it is highly unlikely they'll even look at him.

You might argue that it's idiotic, but this policy is unlikely to change between now and July 1st.

Ray Whitney might be able to teach Duchene how to refine his game so he would use his undeniable skill in a useful instead of useless way.

Old
03-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I don't know why people insist on bringing up Semin here. With how Avalanche view themselves and the qualities they are looking for in a player, I think it is highly unlikely they'll even look at him.

You might argue that it's idiotic, but this policy is unlikely to change between now and July 1st.

Ray Whitney might be able to teach Duchene how to refine his game so he would use his undeniable skill in a useful instead of useless way.
A reality of the potential market I'm afraid. There just isn't much to choose from I'm afraid.

Old
03-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
He would be a fantastic signing assuming he doesn't resign in phoenix.
...assuming there's still a team in PHX come season's end

Old
03-09-2012, 10:08 PM
chet1926

The Avs need a true sniper, its like the one thing that we are now missing upfront from being a real contender. Unfortunately there really aren't many options to get that player. Realistically there are only a couple options to get that player through UFA next year. So if you want to add that piece your really looking at Parise, Semin or maybe Hudler maybe Jokinen maybe Whitney, but he'll 40 next year not exactly the player that the Avs should be looking at adding.

So really if you want a real sniper you're looking at Parise or Semin. Obviously Parise would be choice number 1, but I really don't think adding Semin would be a bad thing. Yeah he might be a little lazy, but I can live with that if he can contribute 30+ goals, which he is fully capable of don't give me the BS of he is nowhere near that this year, Washington has been terrible this year, and if you ask any Washington fan they'll tell you he has been their best player since December. We have plenty of Energy players that will get on him if he is slacking I wouldn't be too worried about his game.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
The Avs need a true sniper, its like the one thing that we are now missing upfront from being a real contender. Unfortunately there really aren't many options to get that player. Realistically there are only a couple options to get that player through UFA next year. So if you want to add that piece your really looking at Parise, Semin or maybe Hudler maybe Jokinen maybe Whitney, but he'll 40 next year not exactly the player that the Avs should be looking at adding.

So really if you want a real sniper you're looking at Parise or Semin. Obviously Parise would be choice number 1, but I really don't think adding Semin would be a bad thing. Yeah he might be a little lazy, but I can live with that if he can contribute 30+ goals, which he is fully capable of don't give me the BS of he is nowhere near that this year, Washington has been terrible this year, and if you ask any Washington fan they'll tell you he has been their best player since December. We have plenty of Energy players that will get on him if he is slacking I wouldn't be too worried about his game.
Just like Ian Lapperriere, Shane Doan and Ryan Callahan got Wolski going or Dustin Brown got Penner going? Players can't change their nature.

Semin is Fool's Gold.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Just like Ian Lapperriere, Shane Doan and Ryan Callahan got Wolski going or Dustin Brown got Penner going? Players can't change their nature.

Semin is Fool's Gold.
Agreed. I don't quite understand how anyone can believe that a team like Washington, who is supposed to be ahead of the game so-to-speak, when comparing them with the Avs in competing for a Stanley Cup, would just allow this guy to walk away, if he's such a key piece for them??

If THEY can't win with him, why the hell would we???

Sure, he may very well score 30 goals...so what? Is it worth completely fooking up our salary structure and have it affect other players on our team, for a guy who just may be a no-show come playoff time?

Avs management are doing things the right way and getting the right kind of players to eventually compete for and win another Stanley Cup. Anyone suggesting that Semin would be a good 'fit' with OUR team is just too IMPATIENT for our team to be true contenders again. It's a process and we're already a long ways away from May 2009 in terms of our young core. The remaining pieces will be added when the time is right. The WORST thing the Avs can do right now is to make a stupid trade that sets us back by opening one hole while trying to fill another. We are well on our way, just be patient and enjoy the ride.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:40 PM
chet1926

Quote:

Semin is Fool's Gold.
Think what you want about Semin, but there is no denying that the Avs need a sniper capable of posting 30+goals, which lazy or not Semin can bring to the table. I'm not going to ***** an moan if the Avs were to take a chance on Semin, he is not my first choice but he would be a decent addition who brings what we need most on offense.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Think what you want about Semin, but there is no denying that the Avs need a sniper capable of posting 30+goals, which lazy or not Semin can bring to the table. I'm not going to ***** an moan if the Avs were to take a chance on Semin, he is not my first choice but he would be a decent addition who brings what we need most on offense.
Another reason why Semin to the Avs makes little to no sense is because he is going to be looking for term as a UFA. So you're going to be looking at signing him for something like 5-6 years [or else you know that someone else is going to do it]. So you better be DAMN SURE that he's going to be a KEY player for your team in the short and long term which I really don't see with this player. Feel free to think otherwise though because your mind really seems to be set on this.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Quote:
You can't just isolate the goal scoring and say that we could use that. That goal scoring comes with laziness, inconsistency and a lack of competing. We're starting to build a team where those things aren't going to be accepted. Adding a player (that would make more than pretty much everyone on the team but Stastny) that doesn't care will ruin what we are building towards.

I don't think Avs will try to sign Semin no matter what. Avs are taking the long road here. They might not get there in the end but I fully support the current direction.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I guess it depends on what happens with Jones and Mueller. Mueller's RFA so I'm not too worried, but if Jones bolts and Hejduk likely retires that's two spots for quality wingers that need filling. And of course you just never know with Mueller.

Old
03-09-2012, 11:29 PM
chet1926

Quote:
You can't just isolate the goal scoring and say that we could use that. That goal scoring comes with laziness, inconsistency and a lack of competing. We're starting to build a team where those things aren't going to be accepted. Adding a player (that would make more than pretty much everyone on the team but Stastny) that doesn't care will ruin what we are building towards.

I don't think Avs will try to sign Semin no matter what. Avs are taking the long road here. They might not get there in the end but I fully support the current direction.
I think its funny that everyone says Semin is this lazy piece of garbage. I'd say the stats say otherwise. You don't magically score at almost a point per game pace in the NHL no matter how talented you are, you have to put some effort in. Is it his best effort, who knows, but he does put some effort into his game.

People like Wolski are lazy and shows he has tons of talent but hasn't ever manged more than that 50pts season he had his first full year with the Avs. People Stewart are lazy tons talent nothing to show for it.

Semin on the other hand has 3 seasons with 30+goals one with 40 goals, and has been fairly consistent on his stats through his 7 seasons in the NHL. Am I saying he is Landeskog type effort player...NO, but his stats show that he sure is **** not as lazy as people like to think he is.

Closed Thread