HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tomas Plekanec to Nashville?

Old
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
brunosevigny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Heh, Colin Wilson + Nashville's 1st and Radulov's rights for TP + AK + a conditional 2nd if Radulov comes back. (Sarcastic but semi-serious.)
That is pretty close to what it would be IMO. Maybe retire the conditionnal second because MTL is the team who is taking the risk.

AK = NSH 1st
PLEK = Wilson + Radulov (Assuming its risky, if there was a confirmation he will be back in the NHL that would be a total overpayment from NSH)

I don't really buy the Radulov coming back to NHL story. There is a rumor right now that Avaguard Omsk are offering him 10M/year.

brunosevigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Chris G

Austin Watson + Nashville 1st Round Pick 2012 + Rights to Radulov====> Plekanec + Kostitsyn + Weber/Diaz + Conditional 2nd if Radulov signs in MTL

Opinions?

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:04 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

There are tons of Plekanec proposals on this board, and many from Habs fans. I don't really understand why that is the case. Plekanec is signed for six seasons at $5M/yr, now in year two. That's Montreal's first-line center, and he's liable to continue in that role for some time, perhaps through contract expiration in 2016.

Why there are so many trade proposals at the deadline for a player who is absolutely not a rental is baffling to me. I don't believe the Habs have any interest in moving him, and by that I mean I don't believe they have any interest in moving him, not that the price would be high (the latter seems to be the crux of the discussion for many Habs fans). I'd aver that the price is high because he's not on the market. I also doubt there are teams trying to pry him loose (the deadline is for rentals and buyers and sellers, not guys on the early side of $30M contracts).

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:12 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
(the deadline is for rentals and buyers and sellers, not guys on the early side of $30M contracts).
Tell that to Jeff "Partyboy" Carter.

I'd be interested in doing something around this:

Plekanec
--for--
Beck
2012 or 2013 1st (Nashville's choice)
Radulov rights

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:14 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Heh, Colin Wilson + Nashville's 1st and Radulov's rights for TP + AK + a conditional 2nd if Radulov comes back. (Sarcastic but semi-serious.)
Possibly...word is Montreal wants big winger for Plekanec

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote