HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago/Ottawa/San Jose swap proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2004, 11:56 PM
El Wama

vCash: 500
Chicago/Ottawa/San Jose swap proposal

To Ottawa : Marco Sturm, Bryan Berard, Future Considerations(S.J.)
To Chicago: Martin Havlat, Christian Ehrhoff, San Jose 4th rnd
To San Jose: Tuomo Ruutu, Anton Volchenkov

Why..?

Ottawa gets two guys that can help them to get the cup Right Now...
Chicago has in Havlat a franchise(potential) player, and Ehrhoff a future QB (younger)
San Jose gets, in Ruutu, a Wilson type of player (gritty) and a real scorer to play with Marleau, and Volchenkov to replace Ehrhoff spot(he would had one this year)

Helps everyone...

Old
11-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Bileur

I cant see why anyone but San Jose would do this trade.

Old
11-03-2004, 12:09 AM
bert

So Ottawa trades Havlat, who right now is the best of the three forwards and the most physical defensman with a huge upside. For the worst of the three forwards and a defensman that already refused to play for the Senators.

Whats with all of these Havlat proposals? He isnt going anywhere unless a player of equal value comes back the other way.

He was one of four right wingers that scored at a point per game pace and he is 23 years old. He has lots of value.

Old
11-03-2004, 12:22 AM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKiZO[X]
To Ottawa : Marco Sturm, Bryan Berard, Future Considerations(S.J.)

Why..?

Chicago has in Havlat a franchise(potential) player, and Ehrhoff a future QB (younger)
San Jose gets, in Ruutu, a Wilson type of player (gritty) and a real scorer to play with Marleau, and Volchenkov to replace Ehrhoff spot(he would had one this year)

Helps everyone...
Good imagination. I like the threeways

I agree that Ottawa isn't getting much from this deal. Their defence is good enough and Sturm isn't the gritty forward they are seeking.

Chicago doesn't need a Powerplay QB for the future as Barker, Seabrooke and Babchuk's 95mph slapshot aren't too far away.

I think all team's aside from San Jose would be better off just keeping what they have.

Old
11-03-2004, 12:22 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
So Ottawa trades Havlat, who right now is the best of the three forwards and the most physical defensman with a huge upside. For the worst of the three forwards and a defensman that already refused to play for the Senators.

Whats with all of these Havlat proposals? He isnt going anywhere unless a player of equal value comes back the other way.

He was one of four right wingers that scored at a point per game pace and he is 23 years old. He has lots of value.
Disagree. If your looking for a cup win now, I think this trade could help the Sens.......although Berard for Volchenkov could actually be a huge downgrade both now/future. It depends on your angle of Berards game. If you believe he flourishes only on underachieving teams, then this is a bust deal. However, if you think he has emerged as a solid no. 3 guy that can put up points/play physical.....then this is a lateral move both in Wingers (what Havlat has more of scoring wise, Sturm has in leadership/intangibles....not to mention he is a natural LW) and defensemen.

San Jose wins this deal hands down, Ottawa is like I said a boom or bust depending on whether they win the cup, and Chicago from my perspective, loses this deal badly.

11-03-2004, 12:28 AM
El Wama

Quote:

Statisticly, you're right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Obviously both teams give up a significant player, but I think Sturm's intangibles far outweigh the difference in points that Havlat potentially could put up.
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
that's a very good/interesting idea to build on .. i remember having a san jose / ottawa proposal on here a long long time ago suggesting cheechoo for schastlivy when petr was deemed to need consistent ice time... i was looking at it from ottawa's perspective and suggested cheechoo (a fav).. and it still got bad reviews..

boy, that one would have worked out !
Hossa, Alfredsson, Spezza can rack up 70 to 90 each... Sturm, 60 playing with them. And Bondra, if he stays.. Adding Vermette who will breakout, a healty Fisher, Smolinski, Schaefer and White: Pretty good, no? I think that Strum fits more than Havlat for a Cup run... Sturm will prove himself has a 25-30 goal scorer...

And.. if S.J is so a winner in that deal well put it that way:

Ottawa: Strum, Berard, S.J. 3rd pick
Chicago: Havlat, Goc, Davison
San Jose: Ruutu, Volchenkov

Last edited by El Wama: 11-03-2004 at 12:32 AM.
Old
11-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I've always thought a Sturm/Havlat swap would turn out great for both of the clubs. However, Berard and futures for Volchenkov is a different story altogether.

Old
11-03-2004, 12:35 AM
bert

But why trade the asset when you can address the real need somewhere else? Maybe they do have other guys that can score but Havlat is prolbably the most explosive. What leadership/experience difference is there between Havlat and Sturm? What has Sturm done other than captain team Germany? To me as a sens fan it just makes me turn, its bad asset management. Now if you said Ruutu for Havlat then I would listen.

Old
11-03-2004, 12:36 AM
El Wama

Quote:
I've always thought a Sturm/Havlat swap would turn out great for both of the clubs. However, Berard and futures for Volchenkov is a different story altogether.
Berard is only 27, 6,2 220 pounds, that can add 40 pts.. And he's a big leader..! In Ottawa: No pressure.. He would play has a 3rd deef next to Chara, Redden.. Don't forget Phillips

Old
11-03-2004, 12:39 AM
bert

What leadership? The guy is a selfish hockey player. He jeopradises his team all the time by making bad decisions with the puck. He refused to play for Ottawa because its not a big enough market in the first place. Then the leafs take care of him financialy and medically then he high tails it out first chance he gets. Selfish.

Old
11-03-2004, 12:40 AM
El Wama

Quote:
But why trade the asset when you can address the real need somewhere else? Maybe they do have other guys that can score but Havlat is prolbably the most explosive. What leadership/experience difference is there between Havlat and Sturm? What has Sturm done other than captain team Germany? To me as a sens fan it just makes me turn, its bad asset management. Now if you said Ruutu for Havlat then I would listen.

Have you saw Strum play more than one game..? He brings to the table leadership, PK, PP, Speed, Grit.. Ottawa doesn't need a pure goal scorer or a playmaker.. they need Strum, Morrow, Doan... this type of player.. and ok Doan is better.

Old
11-03-2004, 12:44 AM
sharkyz15

Send a message via AIM to sharkyz15 Send a message via Yahoo to sharkyz15
Quote:
I agree 100% with you

Marco is Sturm is the prototypical "Shark" which is why he wont be traded

He is Pure heart with BLAZING AND I MEAN BLAZING speed

probably one of the top 5 or 10 fastest players in the NHL

the only difference is that he uses it better then anyone else. period!!

I know it would seem that a Havlat for Sturm Swap would leen towards the sharks but Marco is ecactly the type of player the Sens need.

Great two way player with 30 goal potential

the sharks have a lot of sturm like player (michalek, goc to name 2)

I think Marco Sturm on Ottawa would have more value then if he were on the Sharks

and Havlat would have more value to san jose if he were a shark

I know 90% of Sharks fans would turn their heads as soon as they see as Sturm being mentioned as a part of a trade. But Martin Havlat along with Alex Tanguay and Simone Gagne are my 3 favorite players in the league so a part of me would like to see this happen.

something more likely would be

San Jose: Martin Havlat, Kirill Lyamin
Ottawa: Marco Sturm, Lukas Kaspar

Last edited by sharkyz15: 11-03-2004 at 12:49 AM.
Old
11-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Sturm is a nice player, but I think you are being more than little overly optimistic if you are expecting Havlat in return for him.

Old
11-03-2004, 02:10 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Sturm is a nice player, but I think you are being more than little overly optimistic if you are expecting Havlat in return for him.
i would

Old
11-03-2004, 03:02 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Sturm couldn't hold a candle to Havlat's value. This is folly. Havlat would command a Ryan Smyth/Brenden Morrow type guy from the market (although, let's not get into the whole Smyth thing) and Sturm isn't in the same league, hell, he ain't even the same sport.

11-03-2004, 03:16 AM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

Quote:
Then the leafs take care of him [Berard] financialy and medically then he high tails it out first chance he gets. Selfish.

---
Deal makes little sense for the Hawks. It would be insane to Ruutu at the point, even for someone as good as Havlat. "Ehrhoff a future QB (younger)" ... they already have Babchuk, Barker, Seabrook, Wisniewski, and Keith for young offensive defensemen. San Jose easily gets the best side of the proposal.

Old
11-03-2004, 03:40 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
All you need to know is that Sturm isn't comin out of SJ anytime soon even for Havlat. I've explained this far too many times.

11-03-2004, 04:28 AM
Safir*

Havlat, a 1st rounder in 2006 & maybe future consideration might be enough to lure Gaborik out of Minnesota.

That's the type of value Martin has.

I like the idea of Sturm going to Ottawa, but he's too important to the Sharks. He's the "captain" for the incoming German talent like Ehrhoff, Pätzhold...etc.

My hope is that Patrick Eaves & Brandon Brochenski turn into the kind of players (gritty) the Sens lacked for a longer while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKiZO[X
] To Ottawa : Marco Sturm, Bryan Berard, Future Considerations(S.J.)

Why..?

Helps everyone...
- The A-Train stays in Ottawa. San Jose doesn't even need him, because their D-core is pretty deep, since Ehrhoff stay with the organization. Besides they still got Pressing, Davison & even Carle.

- Ruutu won't be moved

Old
11-03-2004, 05:39 AM
kolanos

I don't think either Marco Sturm or Martin Havlat could get Tuomo Ruutu.

Old
11-03-2004, 10:53 AM
littleHossa

Sturm & Berard for Havlat and Volchenkov.. yeah.

Old
11-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Egil

Brian Berard would still be booed every time he touched the puck in Ottawa if it wasn't for the incident with Hossa and his eye. The guy, FLAT OUT, refused to play for Ottawa ater he was drafted. He should, and hopefully won't ever sully the Ottawa uniform with his pressence on the Sens. The man is a selfish disgrace, who is ONLY a sympathetic figure due to the horrific eye injury he suffered. Besides that, he is barely better than Yashin.

Old
11-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Only deal with SJ that would involve Havlat, for me at least, is Havlat for Marleau. Even then, it's hard to even do a deal like that with Spezza coming up. We don't have a need to trade Havlat for anyone other than a top line left winger.

Old
11-03-2004, 12:08 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Sturm couldn't hold a candle to Havlat's value. This is folly. Havlat would command a Ryan Smyth/Brenden Morrow type guy from the market (although, let's not get into the whole Smyth thing) and Sturm isn't in the same league, hell, he ain't even the same sport.
Sturm is a man, Havlat is a boy.

The team that comes out of this three way trade worst is the Sharks.

Old
11-03-2004, 02:37 PM
bert

Alot of hockey knowledge and input on this one.........

Old
11-03-2004, 03:01 PM
littleHossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
Sturm is a man, Havlat is a boy.

The team that comes out of this three way trade worst is the Sharks.
Ahahahahahhahaha, yeah I'm sure trading Sturm, Ehrhoff and a 3rd for Tuomo Ruutu and Volchenkov makes then come out the losers, the trade was designed for them to come out as the winners.

Closed Thread