Krys Kolanos

Old
02-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

vCash: 500
Krys Kolanos

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

He's looked decent, created chances but a bit snake-bitten.

I imagine he'll still stay on the pro roster if he goes unclaimed, just being waived now in case of a deadline pick-up? who knows.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Noori

vCash: 50
We called up Desbiens, so it makes sense they are sending down Kolanos. I would have liked to see Nemisz get another callup. He really wasn't given much of an opportunity in the games he played. He has played really well for the Heat since coming back from injury.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

CGYPUXSUK will be happy.

I think he will clear and go back down to Abb. He played decent while up here, but I think they were expecting more than one point from him.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:54 AM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Isn't Kolanos injured?

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:56 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

I can't complain about this.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:19 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

No big loss. He earned his shot, but proved he's not an NHL player.

Hopefully he can continue to play well in Abbotsford and help the Heat in the playoffs.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Medium Rare*

With Glencross returning and Desbiens being recalled its not that shocking.

I think the most shocking part to me is his ankle isn't broken from Aucoin landing on it. Or at least not severely sprained. Glad he is okay and I hope returning to Abbotsford sparks him and the team and helps them go deep into the playoffs.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
With Glencross returning and Desbiens being recalled its not that shocking.

I think the most shocking part to me is his ankle isn't broken from Aucoin landing on it. Or at least not severely sprained. Glad he is okay and I hope returning to Abbotsford sparks him and the team and helps them go deep into the playoffs.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. Especially with his history of injuries, I thought he was going to be out for a while. I like Kolanos, but this isn't his time in the NHL.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:50 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
CGYPUXSUK will be happy.

I think he will clear and go back down to Abb. He played decent while up here, but I think they were expecting more than one point from him.
Waste of a contract, let alone the 50th contract. This past month, especially the past week, has me wondering if Feaster has a plan?

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:55 PM
goodsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
Waste of a contract, let alone the 50th contract. This past month, especially the past week, has me wondering if Feaster has a plan?
Not really anyone else out there to "waste" the contract on mid-season.

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Pacem

Stupid signing. 2 years to boot.

And yes the 50 contract limit does matter and should impact weather or not you sign a career AHL'r to a 2 year deal.

Yeah we needed a warm body, but the guy should have been happy to sign a 1 year deal for the rest of the year. Somehow he managed to get 2 years out of Feaster. His agent deserved his paycheck on that one.

I wonder if he gets picked up

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:08 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by artysmith View Post
Not really anyone else out there to "waste" the contract on mid-season.
Being at 50 contracts prevents us from picking up someone from waivers. Clitsome is on waivers and would be a solid pickup. Can't put in a claim because we're at the 50 contract limit. Stupid ****ing signing.

Old
02-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I will say while signing Kolanos may not of come at the most opportune time, I don't view him as a waste of a contract. You need guys like him, just like how any pro team needs vets to teach the younger up and comers. There several others in the Flames organization that I would much rather have off the books and consider a waste of a contract than Kolanos. And some of these guys will be coming off at the end of this year.

Old
02-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 704
Quote:
Being at 50 contracts prevents us from picking up someone from waivers. Clitsome is on waivers and would be a solid pickup. Can't put in a claim because we're at the 50 contract limit. Stupid ****ing signing.
LOL

No. He wouldn't.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:29 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
I will say while signing Kolanos may not of come at the most opportune time, I don't view him as a waste of a contract. You need guys like him, just like how any pro team needs vets to teach the younger up and comers. There several others in the Flames organization that I would much rather have off the books and consider a waste of a contract than Kolanos. And some of these guys will be coming off at the end of this year.
Kolanos, career minor leaguer, signed to a AHL deal through the rest of the season, was exactly where you want him as far as contract status goes. Still have him on the farm providing that vaunted leadership that he supposedly brings to the table and still leaves the possibility of exploiting waivers open. You only sign guys to NHL contracts who will likely play or have long term potential to play in the NHL long term. A player like Kolanos had no immediate nor long term potential. Just a really bad decision, especially when you consider he's going to be eating up a NHL contract next season too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
LOL

No. He wouldn't.
Yeah, he would have. 26 year old that can skate and move the puck would be a vast improvement over Sarich, Hannan or any of our minor league options at the moment. Also would have provided a viable body allowing the Flames to trade either of those vets for a draft pick, gaining a draft pick for essentially a waiver wire fee.

Old
02-25-2012, 03:58 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Where did you read he can skate? That's certainly not what Columbus fans said. If you can't be a PMD on a team that's been missing one since it entered the league you certainly won't be one here.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:01 PM
mjw22

Quote:
lol every team needs vets have you looked at this roster its full of VETS. this was just another panic move to go with a long list of bad moves over the last 5-6 years.

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:03 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
lol every team needs vets have you looked at this roster its full of VETS. this was just another panic move to go with a long list of bad moves over the last 5-6 years.
Yep I couldn't agree more I am so tired of not seeing rookies play for this team it is ridiculous.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
I was referring to him mentoring the kids on the Heat there Timmy.

Old
02-25-2012, 06:23 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Yep I couldn't agree more I am so tired of not seeing rookies play for this team it is ridiculous.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:43 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Kolanos, career minor leaguer, signed to a AHL deal through the rest of the season, was exactly where you want him as far as contract status goes. Still have him on the farm providing that vaunted leadership that he supposedly brings to the table and still leaves the possibility of exploiting waivers open. You only sign guys to NHL contracts who will likely play or have long term potential to play in the NHL long term. A player like Kolanos had no immediate nor long term potential. Just a really bad decision, especially when you consider he's going to be eating up a NHL contract next season too.

Yeah, he would have. 26 year old that can skate and move the puck would be a vast improvement over Sarich, Hannan or any of our minor league options at the moment. Also would have provided a viable body allowing the Flames to trade either of those vets for a draft pick, gaining a draft pick for essentially a waiver wire fee.
Yes a waiver player off the worst team in the league is a huge improvement on Hannan and Sarich, this is rich, where do you get this stuff

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:14 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Yes a waiver player off the worst team in the league is a huge improvement on Hannan and Sarich, this is rich, where do you get this stuff
Yeah, a player on waivers never turned into a good payer for another team.

Clitsome would be a very good stopgap addition. For the Blue Jackets he played 17 minutes a game and was a respectable -6. For comparison sake, Sarich plays just under 15 minutes a game and has the same plus minus. Hannan plays an extra three minutes a game and is a -7 on the season. Clitsome's stats are pretty good considering Columbus has given up an extra 30 goals. That's where Kiprusoff has been money.

Also, you are aware that Clitsome is a UFA at the end of the season, so he is short term solution? If the Flames picked him up off of waivers they would have the flexibility to move both Sarich and Hannan for draft picks instead of being forced to sit on one of them. That's called asset management and getting something for free. So the signing of Clown-os not only cost us a contract it likely also cost us a draft pick. Learn to look at the bigger picture, because that's the Flames biggest weakness at the moment. They can't see the big picture and are driving the team into the ground.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:31 AM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Like Zach Hammil, people look at the age, stats and potential. But there's a reason why Clitsome is being waived by the worst team in the league. If we're moving Hannan or Sarich I'd really like to see what Breen is like. Or bring Piskula back, he was decent during his callup.

Just go over to the Columbus boards and see what they have to say about Clitsome.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:30 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:

Clitsome would be a very good stopgap addition. For the Blue Jackets he played 17 minutes a game and was a respectable -6. For comparison sake, Sarich plays just under 15 minutes a game and has the same plus minus. Hannan plays an extra three minutes a game and is a -7 on the season. Clitsome's stats are pretty good considering Columbus has given up an extra 30 goals. That's where Kiprusoff has been money.

Also, you are aware that Clitsome is a UFA at the end of the season, so he is short term solution? If the Flames picked him up off of waivers they would have the flexibility to move both Sarich and Hannan for draft picks instead of being forced to sit on one of them. That's called asset management and getting something for free. So the signing of Clown-os not only cost us a contract it likely also cost us a draft pick. Learn to look at the bigger picture, because that's the Flames biggest weakness at the moment. They can't see the big picture and are driving the team into the ground.
Even so, we have our own prospects to bring up, I thought you said anyone older than 25 has no potential? Hmm, contradicting yourself now, your pretty funny.

Hes no way, shape or form, better than any of our dman at this point. He cant crack Cbus's lineup. And your infatuation with the kolanos signing is astounding, take your tissue box somewhere else.

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:05 PM
MarkGio

Quote:

I would be OK of claiming Clitsome upon trading Hannan & Sarich. I'd be ok claiming Ryan Russell too if it meant trading away Kostopolous or Jackman. Mine as well have some depth if we're trading away our peices. I agree we should do some call-ups of our own prospects, but I don't want to have Abby suffer because of call-ups. Maybe a rotation of call-ups will suffice.